Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(Adapted D&D 3e/3.5e) The End of Days (Running!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Durgress

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:09 pm
glitterboypilot
Okay, I need help. That is if Cannon okays the prestige class.

I have been reading this ability over and over and I can't understand it.

Skilled Rider (Ex): You gain a bonus on Ride checks equal to the number of ranks you have in Ride that you purchased as cross-class ranks. In addition, when you take levels in classes or prestige classes other than the Silverwood arcanist, the Ride skill is treated as an additional class skill.

The class ability is from Silverwood Outrider.

It sounds to me like if you put say 8 in ride as a CC for a total of +4 bonus, it becomes a +8 bonus (4 you have from ranks and 4 from the ranks bought), and it becomes a class skill from the point you gain the ability forward. Basically retroactivally changes all the cross class points put in into class skill points.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Durgress
glitterboypilot
Okay, I need help. That is if Cannon okays the prestige class.

I have been reading this ability over and over and I can't understand it.

Skilled Rider (Ex): You gain a bonus on Ride checks equal to the number of ranks you have in Ride that you purchased as cross-class ranks. In addition, when you take levels in classes or prestige classes other than the Silverwood arcanist, the Ride skill is treated as an additional class skill.

The class ability is from Silverwood Outrider.

It sounds to me like if you put say 8 in ride as a CC for a total of +4 bonus, it becomes a +8 bonus (4 you have from ranks and 4 from the ranks bought), and it becomes a class skill from the point you gain the ability forward. Basically retroactivally changes all the cross class points put in into class skill points.

If you are right, Then I wouldn't get the bonus if I start with a class with ride. Which I was going to start with a ranger. A cool class but I am going to have to think on somethings.
Thanks  

glitterboypilot

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:53 am
Stella Meowris
Oops, was I supposed to roll stats in the thread? I rolled in a generator doodle thing.

This is my character sheet:
Sonaliisa Talbaka

Yeah, you were. No biggie, everything seems balanced.

What WGP's are you using? We're not using the standard proficiency system.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:55 am
Yurro
Okay, here's something that I've never got a chance to ask a dm before. Since both Eberron and FR are available, then is Dragonlance? I'm asking because I've always wanted to try out either a Draconian or a Dragonspawn. Currently I'm looking at a Kapak Draconian, Venom Draconian or a White Dragonspawn. They are from the book "Dragons of Krynn".

Everything, if its attributes are listed out, can be used, played, and whatever else. Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Rokugan, even Greyhawk. If you can think of it, there's a decent chance it's somewhere in the Multiiverse.  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:20 am
Got a character in the works - I started buying gear assuming 10th level, so I'll have to rework that, but skills and such are just about done. Wanted to see if a "smart" fighter could be viable. Here is my attempt.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:36 am
Eternality_Cannon
Stella Meowris
Oops, was I supposed to roll stats in the thread? I rolled in a generator doodle thing.

Sonaliisa Talbaka

i'm looking at what you linked in the beginning and she is. When looking to the Pathguy builder, dart is a simple weapon ... but i'm guessing she'll have to drop an exotic weapon.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Stella Meowris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 am
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Eternality_Cannon
Stella Meowris

Sonaliisa Talbaka

i'm looking at what you linked in the beginning and she is. When looking to the Pathguy builder, dart is a simple weapon ... but i'm guessing she'll have to drop an exotic weapon.

What I'm thinking is instead of bow, darts. Wouldn't care too much if I had to drop the pistol if it's just not existent in your campaign but the rest of the weapons are chosen to fit in with a character who likes to keep a low profile so carries only concealed weapons or those that can be passed off as part of her performance props. So she wouldn't carry a bow---too hard to conceal and too obviously a weapon---but she carries darts and throwing knives and such for a marksman type act, putting out candles with the whip, surrounding a volunteer with thrown knives, and like that.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 3 6-sided dice: 3, 1, 4 Total: 8 (3-18)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 am
Rolling HP for two levels of Rogue, one level of Exemplar...  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura rolled 7 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 3, 5, 5, 4, 9 Total: 32 (7-70)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:29 am
HP for 7 levels of Swashbuckler.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 1 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:30 am
Two levels of Swordsage HP.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura rolled 16 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 6, 3, 1, 6, 5, 4, 1, 1, 1, 4, 1, 5, 4, 2 Total: 49 (16-96)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:36 am
Might as well see if I can roll better stats than 32-point buy, assuming that we're able to take the PB option. If not, I've already opted for the point buy. This is hypothetical.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 20 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 3, 1, 3, 2, 1, 6, 5, 1, 6, 5, 5, 6, 2, 6, 3, 4, 4, 2 Total: 72 (20-120)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 am
three more stats, plus rerolling the 7 from the last set.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:39 am
Well, it looks like I rolled too many stats. And the best one is one that I shouldn't have rolled. I'll stick with the point buy, especially since I messed it up anyway.  
Yurro rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 pm
Dragon HD  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Yurro rolled 11 8-sided dice: 5, 5, 5, 4, 8, 1, 7, 2, 6, 4, 6 Total: 53 (11-88)

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:36 pm
Dragonfire Adept HP

Total: 12+5+5+5+4+8+1+7+2+6+4+6+4=69+ Con Mod  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items