Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the Rest of you life: Chapter one; Betrayal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm
gamingguru
(( people need to reread the dm's post there are no doors or windows.))
The silent man enters the front opening stomping loudly as he steped on the floor to anounce his presence and after alook around started straight for the stairs. ((Spot check + 0))

((Maybe you need to reread the post.
"The closest building was a Tavern named 'The Foaming Chicken', both Laucien and Ententre, Seen a shadow of a person pass by the window of the second floor of the tavern."
Sounds like there's a window to me.))

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 pm
(ok I see that I am going to clear some things. The doorways and windows are nothing more than cut outs in the stone, there is no glass or no doors like we know of. Think more of this just inside a cave and multi-floored. Nothing to stop the wind or something alittle more solid from entering. Doors are 6'x4'ish even with a wooden beams for support and the windows are 3'x3'ish with the same style of support. 8 foot ceiling making ten feet form the ground to the second floor. No shutters but their is a set of curtains blocking a clear view into the room. It is the same with all the buildings you have seen. And where are all these N20's when I need them in other games.

Update: Please check the requitment page, which is now our occ/character page. I want to make sure that I have everyone on the list.)

The sounds of running water and whisling winds fills Tik's ears as well as a few voices off in the distance but they speaking in an unfamiliar language to her. It sounds like two or three voices... Though the second floor window you can only make out a shadow of a humaniod if you had to guess a young human child, gnome or halfling huddled near the window. Until, Vanhi throw her grappling hook, then the person stood up and ran away from the window. Beyond that the streets are bare with no sign of life or unlife.

(I will just take it as Isaz hammered the side of the doorway instead.)

"L-l-l leave this p-p-place or they will g-g-et you too." A voice sounded from inside the upper floor. "L-l-y will be b-b-ack soon."

As the silent one made his way to the stairs, his eyes spotted a string stretched accrossed the first step.  

glitterboypilot

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:54 pm
User ImageSharty rides up to give back-up to the folks investigating the building, but she doesn't have much to do right now.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:25 am
He knocked on the wall to draw Isaz attention and clearly pointed out the trip wire on the first step so that no one would trigger the trap. Then calmly walked up the stairs to the second floor stopping at the top as to not appear threatening.  

gamingguru

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:27 am
User ImageDeftly maneuvering into the room through the window, Vanhi looks around. If anyone was still in the room, now would be a good time for them to attempt something.

"We were sent to investigate the city, and determine what befell the place. If there are any others here, it would be best to show yourselves peacefully, or else we'll just have to do everything the hard way."  
Yurro rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 12 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:42 am
User Image A voice, and yet not a voice, echoes in everyone's heads (or at least the ones that understand Common w/in 60ft of the inn)

I know not your desire, nor do I desire to learn of it! It is as the child has spoken, leave now, or you will befall a similar fate given to those that once guarded this place! For mortals as you all are, your blades and magic will have little use against those that murdered those men. Their numbers are great, and allies stronger then the combined total of all present.

Leave now, before our ally returns and slices you up before you know of it. Or worse, I burn you like my ancestors would for treading upon my lair, and threatening before explaining yourself!

Turning to the child, still hiding in his hiding place Lorcán sends a mental message to his charge. [white]Fear not little one, I won't let them take you like those men with my mentor. I'd rather die first before that happens! Now, try to hide before they find you! They appear to have the numbers on us, and I don't know how long I could hold them off hopefully long enough for you to get away if the need be....[/white]

Then after assuring his charge, he lies in wait for the first sign of either hostility, or second guessing themselves.

Hide check: 10+21 (tiny and Chameleon skin!)= 31
Bluff check: 12+7=19  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:46 pm
User Image"And who might you be, oh mighty telepath?" Sharty calls out. "I don't see anyone there. We're explorers, ordered a real live king to check the place out and determine what happened. Why not show yourself and explain what all's going on?"

{Sense Motive = 11 total. She buys it.}  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:48 pm
Unless if you can pass Lorcan's hide dc, When Vanhi and Auhauha reach the top room It appears to be a storage area with 6 bunk beds spaced a few feet apart in the corner. On the top bunk of the in the corner, huddled with a blanket and tightly clinching gnome's knife. Sat a little human child with a eye tattooed in the center of his forehead "Lyle doesn't like people, he says, they cause plans to change. You should leave, Before Lorcan gets mad. As soon as the queen is killed, Lyle said we will leave." the child said pointing the knife at Auhauha.  

glitterboypilot

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:38 pm
User ImageWith the sounds of a verbal attempt to communicate with him, Lorcán couldn't help but swell with some pride at the 'complement' on his telepathic skills. Great telepath is correct, verbal speaker! My name is of no great importance as of now, just let it be known that I'm but one guardian for a human child. We are here to slay a queen of thieves and assassins that have caused much disaster across the land. You state your here due to the king's wish, how can we be sure that you tell the truth and can be trusted? I've seen many a mortal coil be cut short due to false pretenses, and I don't plan on seeing this young one be included among those numbers.

Looking at the intruders from his hiding spot (under the blanket the child is under) Lorcán sends separate messages to Vanhi and Auhauha. My friend Orhan is right, both Lyle and myself don't take too kindly to people that can ruin plans. If your loud mouthed one is telling the truth, then you missed the murderers of the guards by not even an hour ago. It be them and their hoard of undead that you'll want to be searching for!

Then continues to monitor the general positions of the 'enemy' V.I.A. Blindsense, and relaying the info to Lyle.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:54 pm
Tik drew two of her scimitars and continued to scan the area, letting her companions deal with whatever was inside the inn.

Drugged Lolli

Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:38 am
{Sense Motive - +12; Total of a 16. Goddamn dice roll! scream }
User ImageVanhi looks at the child huddled in the blankets. "So, you're with someone who's hunting something here, but that isn't directly related to what happened to the guards or our mission? Why would a soldier hunting an 'evil queen' bring a child? That's just downright negligent! We're here to explore and determine what befell this city, and we've been given a royal permission to take whatever treasures we find while we're at it. It sounds like we don't have conflicting goals, so there's no need to be throwing around threats."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:11 am
User ImageHe is here, for he has no one or no where else to go. We have taken him in after his family left him. He is now family to me and our friend, and so who would better protect him then those that are family? That and he has his own strengths despite his young humanoid weaknesses. Frankly I'm surprised he didn't blow you all up when you scared him...

A slight growl slips past Lorcán's lips at the mention of taking whatever treasure this larger group can find. The treasure be a conflict with my own goals alone, sadly there isn't much here after the raiders have passed by. What is a treasure hunter to do when people take your treasure before you can get it?

Poking his head out from under the blanket, Lorcán slowly reveals himself in all of his dragon glory. His dark scarlet scales shine in the light, with his ebony spikes gaining an highlight. Decorated in some jewelry that includes a necklace and a belt, Lorcán holds himself as if he was born of royalty. Seeing as we truly don't seem to be at conflict, why don't we lower our weapons for the time being and come to terms? My name is Lorcán, you've met Orhan, and Lyle has yet to return... Wonder where he could be...? All the while giving what passes as a dragon smile, relishing in any surprised reactions to his appearance.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Laucien stowed his weaponry. If this thing had telepathy, he didn't know what else it had. The last thing he wanted to do was inadvertently make something angry that was really powerful.

"If it'll convince you to not attack, I'll help you find this evil queen. After all, royalty usually has a fair amount of treasure, which would be really useful to me."

In the time it had taken for everyone to move into the inn, Laucien had moved in as well on the ground, from the front door.

"And the temperamental girl speaks the truth. We don't have a conflict of interest. I'd also be more than happy to assist your children in finding a safer place."

Laucien wasn't making a diplomacy, intimidate, bluff, or whatever else check. He was saying what felt appropriate to him. As he wasn't in sight of the creature, he still had no ways of seeing Lorcan.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:31 pm
User Image"An assassin queen? Fascinating..." Sharty mutters more to herself than anyone else. She kept an eye out for anything moving outside the inn, but she wasn't really terribly good at that.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:36 pm
Var listened to the voice, but stayed with his course of keeping a watch outside the inn.

Holding the lamp on his staff, he didn't pay too much attention to his surroundings. He just kept himself entertained by flicking an especcaly shiny coin into the air and catching it, over and over.

((Soz for the delay D= Dont kill me))

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces