Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dragon Age Game: Recruitment 6/6 FULL! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:09 am
iDragow
I heard about the new fighter build, but didn't really think much of it until I read Hendrick's sheet. That sounds AWESOME! XD

Theron is still kind of a blank slate for me right now. I imagine he probably fought with the other Dalish against the dark spawn, but I can't think of much before that... confused

I thought it really fit the flavor of the game. Ferelden is a brutal place, even the good guys will grab you and run you through. Besides, I really wanted to punch someone with that one huge gauntlet all the suits of massive armor seem to have. smile

Perhaps you were one of the elves who had been bitten by a werewolf and was slowly changing before Sovellis helped?

Who else got the Joining early on?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:16 am
I'll attempt to fix it after school, thank you.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:37 am
Wolfram Asher Davidson
and i'd have joined to with a Midnight Student-style Fighter. gonk

What do you mean by that? Because you are in if you still want to be.

Just going to start the Audits now...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:57 am
Arc Vembris
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=35402
Grodan, Human Bravura Warlord

Here's my rough draft background. Anyone else from Redcliffe?

Grodan was a recruit in the service of Arl Eamon of Redcliffe. When Soveliss saved the Arl's life, Grodan was inspired to become a brave hero just like him. Years later he eagerly jumped at the chance to join the Gray Wardens, ready to prove himself in the battle for justice.

Audit!

- Warlords can't be trained in Insight, did you miss by one and mean to train in History?
- I can't find a weapon anywhere on your sheet...?

Other than that it seems fine!  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:20 am
Insanity Logic
http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=35403

My Sheet

Can I be quoted as saying "Maker's Breath!"

Audit!

(I think this is mostly same as Slime said, thanks for that Slime! ^^)

- In 4th Ed there's only five Alignments, Lawful Good, Good, Unaligned, Evil and Chaotic Evil. So if you want to be 'Neutral Good' then in 4th ed you will be 'Good'.
- You have more points to spend on abilities, I would suggest using them to bump dex up to 16 and Cha up to 15
- Your AC should be 14, or 15 if you take my advice and increase your Dex to 16.
- Your Reflex should be 15, or 16 if you increase your Dex.
- Your HP should 24/ Bloodied = 12/ surge value = 6
- All your skills with the key ability of Dex, so Thievery, Stealth and Acrobatics, should be 7 not 8, unless you increase your Dex to 16, in which case they will stay at 8.

Thats all I think, like iDragow says, if you can get the character builder it would make your character creation faster and easier, so I highly recommend it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:29 pm
Okay, you're gonna have to inform me here, because I have no clue why you're saying I have more ability points.

Start with these six scores: 8, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10. You
have 22 points to spend on improving them. The cost
of raising a score from one number to a higher number
is shown on the table below.
Score Cost Score Cost
9 = — (1)
10 = 0 (2)
11 = 1
12 = 2
13 = 3
14 = 5
15 = 7
16 = 9
17 = 12
18 = 16
* If your score is 8, you can pay 1 to make it 9 or 2 to make
it 10. You must buy your score up to 10 before you can
improve it further

So assuming all my stats start at 10, from the 22 point buy, I have 20 points left to spend.

So... yeah, I'm confused, cause you list use the point buy... so unless I'm perceiving this differently, or there is a number you listed alternatively from 22 that I missed...  

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:46 pm
Oh! I think I see. Humans get to add +2 to any one stat of your choice after spending your points. I would suggest choosing dexterity for the reasons mentioned up thread.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:46 pm
K, can someone check my hand xbow damage.

Because someone said earlier that it was 1d6+3? Why +3?

I get 1d6 for the xbow, +1 from Wep Focus, and where are the other +2 from?

Prof only goes to hit right, so... is it from my dex score? Cause if it is that's new to me. Didn't know they added dex to damage on xbows for 4.0

Doesn't seem realistic to me, but hey, if that's what the rules are.

So yeah.. I should be updated.

I just have the disagreement/confusion with the ability scores as I posted above, and then the damage for my xbow.

Other than that, I think that I'm good to go.

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=35403  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 pm
SlimeGuru
Oh! I think I see. Humans get to add +2 to any one stat of your choice after spending your points. I would suggest choosing dexterity for the reasons mentioned up thread.
Awh, see that I understand >.> Can't believe I forgot that.

But the way DM said it, I was like... what?

So apparently he'd allow me to split the points >.> I'll just put it to Dex for now until I get a confirm on that, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:54 pm
When you shoot a crossbow you're either using a power or making a Ranged Basic Attack, which you can read in the same format as a power. Its basically dexterity + weapon proficiency bonus vs armor class to hit, and weapon damage plus dexterity for damage. It doesn't matter if you're using a bow crossbow or sling, you always get that bonus on regular attacks.

A power is explicit in what damage gets added where. For example, sly flourish is dexterity vs armor class to hit (whether you use a melee or ranged weapon you attack using dexterity) and does weapon damage plus dexterity and charisma modifier damager

Some weapons, like javelins, have the heavy thrown property which lets you make ranged basic attacks with them using strength instead of dexterity for attack and damage.  

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:54 pm
Went and switched my dex down to 14, my Cha up to 15, and then put the point on dex to bring it to 16.

Hopefully I'm done now.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:56 pm
Well, in that case, weird rule for a crossbow >.> Considering my dexterity has nothing to do with firing it except for accuracy really imo, But hey, rules say I get my dex to damage as well as to hit. Sweet.

Soo that's now 1d6+4 >.>  

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:33 pm
Insanity Logic
Well, in that case, weird rule for a crossbow >.> Considering my dexterity has nothing to do with firing it except for accuracy really imo, But hey, rules say I get my dex to damage as well as to hit. Sweet.

Soo that's now 1d6+4 >.>

QFT, you're a rogue, get used to dealing extra damage just because you hit in the right place.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:54 pm
You can sneak attack or critical hit anything; construct, undead, elemental, anything. That is important coming from 3rd ed. Hell if you can flank/hide from a ghost you can sneak attack it too.  

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:57 pm
SlimeGuru
You can sneak attack or critical hit anything; construct, undead, elemental, anything. That is important coming from 3rd ed. Hell if you can flank/hide from a ghost you can sneak attack it too.
Actually..

I'm Pathfinder.. I can already Critically hit just about anything >.>

And if my theory is correct, I'll be staying pathfinder.

We'll find out once I start playing this game, no worries though, if I don't like the system, I'll still play the game.

Btw.. wtf is qft?

In my games we use Combat Facing (Realistic Combat) >.> Flanking really is flanking >.>  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff