Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Stupid character concepts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 am
Its funny cause I hung around a thread that discussed the 'optimization' of the class, and eventually it got to the point that even the people that make Pun-Pun laughed at how outrageous it became.

To add what I've already done, there were somethings that I found in said threads that I found interesting. The spell Righteous Might/Enlarge Person could very well also give bonuses to your strength. I believe that Enlarge Person doesn't work with Monstrous Humanoids, but Righteous Might works good enough to add an additional +4 to Str. There's also talk about Polymorphing/Shape changing into something with four legs (Centaur for example) to get an multiplier to Maximum Weight (x3 I believe?)

For the EL-OH-ELS!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 pm
while twinking numbers to a stupid degree is fun, i'm a much bigger fan of using the rules to accomplish crazy things in-game. for example psychofish shared a little scene from an anime he wants to live out in D&D, which reminded me of another anime stunt I want to pull off.

First, you get a warforged barbarian (an artificer, ranger or warlord multiclassed or hybrid barbarian would work best), give him the hurl weapon feat (all off-hand weapons are heavy thrown), get him two spiked gauntlets, and make them embedded components (A one-handed weapon that has the off-hand or light thrown property can be embedded. or just treat it as a hand-slot item, which has no special rules for embedding them. this effectively means the gauntlets are your hands). End result: Rocket Punch!

Alternate end result: Your hands are thrown weapons  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:23 pm
Just make sure they're returning gauntlets, or you might face the plague of rocketpunching robots, being unable to pick up your own hands  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:37 am
Arc Vembris
Just make sure they're returning gauntlets, or you might face the plague of rocketpunching robots, being unable to pick up your own hands
yeah, until you get magic gauntlets artificers definitely have the better deal on that front.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 am
Stone Fist monk with the fire ki focus.

Just so I can have him announce "THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED" before punching through something.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:15 pm
Psychofish

Just so I can have him announce "THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED" before punching through something.

Even better: "FALCON PUNCH!"  

Durgress

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 pm
Psychofish

Wow, I just realized, you could also make a radiant fist monk who goes around shouting how "THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!"  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:20 pm
more stupid anime inspired nonsense. also using hurl weapon, just to prove that that feat is the source of sillyness. I got this off of WotC's boards. take a monk, multiclass barb, get hurl weapon. The monk unarmed strike is a one-handed off-hand weapon. You can now throw your unarmed strike. On its own, that sounds like a horrible idea, but with a little imagination...  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:59 pm
SporkMaster5000
more stupid anime inspired nonsense. also using hurl weapon, just to prove that that feat is the source of sillyness. I got this off of WotC's boards. take a monk, multiclass barb, get hurl weapon. The monk unarmed strike is a one-handed off-hand weapon. You can now throw your unarmed strike. On its own, that sounds like a horrible idea, but with a little imagination...

Unfortunately, there are no lawful barbarians and no non-lawful monks. Unless you use home brew stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:06 pm
Eternality_Cannon
SporkMaster5000

Unfortunately, there are no lawful barbarians and no non-lawful monks. Unless you use home brew stuff.
4e dude.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:45 pm
SporkMaster5000
Eternality_Cannon
SporkMaster5000

4e dude.

What other rules has 4e done away with?  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:57 pm
Eternality_Cannon
SporkMaster5000
Eternality_Cannon
SporkMaster5000

4e dude.

What other rules has 4e done away with?
i dunno, never played 3.5.

i know alignment's just generally less of a big deal.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:08 am
Even in 3e a monk can lose his lawful alignment and retain all his class features. He simply cannot continue to level in monk, something he wouldn't be able to do after multiclassing anyways.

I wanna run a warforged artifcer. He'll focusing on summons and thunder attacks, and every time he uses a summoning power he'll say "Ravage: Deploy" "Laserbeak: Deploy". I'll name him Soundwave.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 am
Ah, Soundwave. I miss him so.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items