Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[3.5e] Oriental Adventures (Full 8/7) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:55 pm
I wasn't sure what was going to happen with that. If you'll allow it I'll be a natural tiger. I'll take the third level for curse of Lycrathopy and the extra DR later =3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:24 pm
The books says you can turn into the animal and gives you the basic physical stats and natrual attacks, but dosen't commit at all about special qualities each animal has, should I assume that since they did not mention it it is not included, or should I assume since logically they become the animals, they also inherit any special qualities that animal has.  

Shingami Hiroshi

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:26 pm
They made the Tiger class that gives you the tigers special abilities. So that should be that =3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:41 pm
I found one for the wolf class as well, Hiro. get on MSN and we can talk about it.  

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:30 am
You should probably get another head count than ask Revinja for a thread  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 pm
Making a second Head count. I got Hiro, Rock, and Doerai making characters.

Need at least 1 or 2 more more players at Minimal. Open to 7 all together.  

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

MT the Clown rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 2, 3, 5, 3, 4, 4, 6, 5, 6, 4 Total: 47 (12-72)

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:53 pm
Set 1

3, 2, 2, 3
5, 3, 4, 4
6, 5, 6, 4

MT the Clown rolled 16 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 5, 3, 2, 5, 3, 2, 4, 2, 4, 4, 3, 1, 2, 6 Total: 53 (16-96)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:56 pm
Set 2

4, 3, 5, 3
2, 5, 3, 2
4, 2, 4, 4
3, 1, 2, 6

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:47 pm
As an update. I have added the Magic Item Compendium to the book list  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:12 am
I figured I will list all the things I am concidering so you get an idea of what I am thinking as well as point out any faults in my thinking. After I get an idea of what every one else is doing I will narrow it down. (I am admittedly writing first name first rather than the traditional family name first)

Kagato
-Clan scorpion samurai or clan crab ronin/half samurai
-A swordman of humble upbringing which is apparent with his lack of manners and etiquette. As a fighter Kagato is dishonerble, using under handed methods (trip, disarm, sunder) to give him the edge in battle. While his methods are frowned upon, he has proven his effectiveness time and time again.
-Kagato will have 6 levels in fighter and 2 in exotic weapons master. Since he gets 8 feats being a human fightier (3 natural, 4 fighter bonus, 1 human), there is alot of lee way in customization. I need only two feats for exotic weapons master, letting me use the rest between improving combat options or expanding the weapons availble to him, giving him greater diversity than his enemy.

Reiko (Yurei) Yukishiro
-Clan Dragon or crab samurai
-The beautiful daughter of a wealthy lord, Reiko was a highly sought after bride. When she reached marrying age two samurai brothers each sought her hand. Their heated competion for her was concluded with each slaying the other in a duel to see who was more deserving. For having lost two of their finest samurai to such a lowly cause, the village had outcasted her. Reiko eventually took up drinking, and is now a stumbling drunk. For what ever reason, perhaps drunken morbid curiosity, she took up the two brothers swords and began self learning dual weilding the two swords. While her infamous driniking and drunken behavior overshadows this, rumors of her skills has started to become known. Yurei is a nick name given to those who know her, since her pale texture and dark unkept hair give her a ghostly look.
-6 levels fighter and 2 levels tempest, Reiko is a light armored mobile two weapons fightier. Like Kagato she would get 8 feats, which make it easy to acquire the 5 feats for tempest (including two weapon fighiting), plus take exotic weapon profeciency katana, oversized weapon fighting which will allow her to deul weild katanas, and either weapon focus or two weapon defense.

Hiroshi Shigetoki
-Clan Lion samurai
-Hiroshi simply enough will be your basic samurai, honorable and upholding bushido. He will take all classes in Samurai, who's mixture of kensai and fighter like feat gaining sound interesting.

Kagaya-Hime
-Phoenix clan nature spirit
-Kagaya-Hime was found by peasents in the bamboo forests in which they took care of. Taking in the girl they rose her as their own. As the girl grew up, it was obvious she was well at home in the bamboo groves. Dispite her humble origin, she carries herself with a sence of nobility and her enigmatic behavior can many times betray her non-human origins. She has become a defender of her bamboo forest and the creatures that reside in it, fighiting against both yokai and human who dare harm it
-Kagaya-Hime is a bamboo spirt folk with all classes as ranger.The race sounded interesting and the thought of playing a mysterious yokai like character sounded fun. She would use duel bladed fans (though archery does not sound too bad either). Despite being a ranger I would probably play her very noble like.

Taikoubou
-Crane Clan wandering monk
-To most Taikoubou would appear as a happy go luck minstral down on his luck yet rich in sake. In truth he is monk. He had come to the conclusion that enlightenment can only come by isolating your self from eveything or embracing all with out reserve, he chose the latter. Taking up song and sake he wanders in a never ending quest learn and accept all things. While he always avoid violence if possible, he does not mind a good fight, though will holds reserve about killing, believing there is the potential for good in all. He often is seen using several objects around him as weapons, including the Koto, Shamisen, amd chinese fiddle which he uses for music.
- 5 classes monk 3 classes drunken fighter. It was an idea I had before to make a drunken fighter who used musical instuments which he begged with as his improvised weapons. Taikoubou is a very physical monk, focusing his skills on things like tumble.

Yoshimitsu
-Phoenix or dragon clan monk
-A disciplined monk completely devoted to his order. He is shaved bald, wears buddist monk robes and carries a khakkhara. He is a devoted monk who has been accepted into special monk temples to learn their way.
-Monk 7 Henshin mystic 1 or monk 5 shintao monk 3 or monk 5 tatooed mon 3. The three monk prestige classes sound very interesting and am tempted to try one of them out. I am not sure which one, but I am leaning torward tatooted or shintao for more imediate benefits from those classes. I would like to treat the Khakkhara as a long staff.

Megumi (nezumi)
-Scorpion clan ninja
-Megaumi is a nezumi born into the poverty life of a nezumi. Her family starving, went into scorpion territory to beg for food. When Megami's father unwittingly grabbed on to the coat sleeves of a samurai after three day with no food, her family was slaughtered while she hid. She spent the remainder of her child hood a theif. She was eventually cuaght, branded as a slave, and sold to the highiest bidder. A noble family saw potential in her as a weapon and bought her to be trained as a shinobi hunter. While she does her duty, she dispises her owners. However she has learned many times what happens to those who disobeys the clan.
- Full 8 ninja. Another race that sounded interesting and showed natrual potential as a ninja. She would focus on sneaking (especially since she can't show her face at all in public) and using her scent to track down her targets. Her weapon of choice would be the kasuri gama

Sasaki
-Scorpion clan ninja
-Sasaki comes from a small clan of Thrikreen on the Mantis clan islands. He left the island with the desire of seeing what lay on the main land. His travels took him into scorpion territory, which upon hearing he was from the mantis clan lands and having the very visage of the traitors, arrested him and scheduled him for execution. His execution was stoped by a noble with the attention of using the thri keen as a spy in the mantis clans territory. Sasaki, perhaps out of innosence of the sceaming ways of other races, thought the noble sincere in his rescue and has sworn absolute loyalty to him.
-ninja 7 ninja spy 1. Another interesting race who would play nicely as a ninja. Sasaki would play more of a acrobatic ninja, who relys more on striking than going where others can not follow. With four arms weilding wakazashis, a nice boost to jump, and natural armor to compensate for the ninjas lack of one, a thri keen makes a nice ninja.

Kaede
-Scorpion clan Ninja
-Kaede was born with the destiny of becoming a ninja, as was her family tradition. From a very young age she was taught to live a cover life to her true idenity. She would go play the part of a fake life for many months to years without breaking character or forgetting who she really was. However doing so has taken a toll on her. Her "real" self is hollow and without personality. She taken up opium usage with the desire of feeling like some one besides herself or some one she is supposed to be. She is disenchanted with the life of a ninja, yet still loyal to her duties.
- Full ninja, may take classes in spy master but undecided. While Megumi stalks the shadows and Sasaki takes adavatage of a ninja amazing mobility, Kaede is able to do what neither of those two can, walk in plain sight. She can walk in human settlements with out fear, and thus open many more doors to her when in that setting. I will relocate some of her skills to allow her to disguise and bluff her way through obsticles. I will also take up feiting with her so she could take advatage of suddenstrike even in combat.

Sorry I have a habit of going a bit over bored with diffrent ideas and I am sure less than half of you is even interested. Oh well its fun thinking these diffrent possibilities.  

Shingami Hiroshi

Yurro rolled 16 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6, 2, 6, 2, 5, 2, 1, 2, 5, 5 Total: 57 (16-96)

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:19 am
first roll

2, 3, 4, 5
2, 5, 6, 2
6, 2, 5, 2
1, 2, 5, 5

Yurro rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 5, 3, 5, 4, 2, 5, 6, 4, 3, 5 Total: 50 (12-72)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:21 am
second roll

4, 4, 5, 3
5, 4, 2, 5
6, 4, 3, 5

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:44 am
Everyone seems to be going the melee route. I'll nosey though some of the other books and find a magic user. I'll mock up an arcane and a devine. Just to be sure =3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:11 pm
Clans claimed so far are Dragon by Rock, and Crane by MT.

Hiro: In the notes, I said we would not be usinf Complete Warrior's Ronin.  

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

Shingami Hiroshi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:22 pm
Hes not an actual ronin, its just his status.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff