Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Foalen's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:12 pm
Ayita laying warm within the teepee lifted her head scenting something she couldn't quite make out through the smoke from the fire popped her multicolored head out of the teepee blowing out a breath to catch the scent that was eluding her. She smelled a dog, one she hadn't ever met before. But with it a more familiar scent. Whinning Ayita stepped out of the teepee to go investigate.

She trotted lightly over to Kaliska neighing a welcome as Foalen peered out of the teepee to see where his soquili friend had gone. He blinked in the light for a moment as his eyes adjusted to the bright sky. When his vision cleared he smiled recognizing the young woman who had travled with the party seeking to put the dark spirit that inhabited the forest to rest.

"Hau Kaliska, what brings you to my door?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:53 pm
Kali blinked, watching as Ayita peeked out of the teepee. Wasn't she..? Clicking her tongue, the indian girl placed the fox pup on the ground,holding out her hand towards the paint mare. She paused for a minute, retracting the hand to her bag, pulling out a small apple for the soquili.

"Here girl," She said softly, offering the small treat to Ayita. When Foalen made his appearance, she grinned. "Iyo, Foalen." She greeted, chocolate eyes moving towards the man who had just peeked from the teepee. "I didn't know this was your teepee." The girl admitted, looking down for a minute before casting her gaze back towards him. "Strider here must've smelt Ayita." She told him, pointing towards the black fox sitting by her side.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:32 am
Smiling down at the black fox the apprentice shaman nodded. "Good day little brother," He said noding to Kali's little friend. Reaching out absently to finger groom Ayita's short mane he looked back up at Kali.

"Yes, it probably was Ayita that drew him here. That or the rabbit I just skinned. Rabbit's aren't known for being very large, but if you care to join me you'd be welcome. I haven't cleaned up yet so Strider would be welcome to those parts we aren't likely to eat. If you think he'd be interested."

Ayita wuffled at the fox curious as she had only seen a fox once before on the trip to the sacred burrial ground.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 pm
Strider peered curiously at Foalen, tilting his head as the white haired shaman spoke to him. He yipped once, beating the small black tail against the ground before whining towards Ayita. He lifted himself from the seated posistion, sniffing towards the paint horse. 'What are you?' he watched her through small golden eyes.

"I'd be honored." She grinned, stepping towards Foalen. "Would you like that boy?" Kali asked the curious canine.

Strider turned his head, tongue lolling out of his mouth as he barked once, then peeked back at the soquili.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:46 pm
((Actually Foalen has black hair, it's just that the picture I had Neo do was a sketch and so she just colored the hair in lightly. Actually Foalen is quite young. Id say in his mid to late teens.))

Ayita smiled and lowered her head so she could speak more on the fox's level. "I am Ayita and I'm a Soquili. I've seen one of your kind before, but we didn't really have a chance to speak. There was a lot going on at the time. But I wonder, it seems you don't mind the too foots either though many wild creatures shun them. Why did you decide to stay with your friend over there?" She asked curiously.

Foalen stepped back holding the door to the teepee open so Kali and her friend could enter should they wish to. "I'm glad, It will be nice to have some company."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:26 pm
((Ah, okay. Sorry sweatdrop ))

Stride's ears swiveled back, then perked forward as he sat infront of Ayita, lifting his head as he looked the horse in its eye. 'This two legger helped me when my mom was gone.' By gone, the term was left. He didn't know what had happened to her. 'She gave me something to eat, so I followed her hoping to get more.' He grinned. 'I don't know why other wilds one shun them so...How come you choose to stay with your two legger?' Strider asked, tail twitching slightly.

Kaliska smiled. "Glad to be someone's company." She moved to step inside teh teepee, nodding her head in a silent thank you. Such a gentleman! (Won't find them nowadays in the real world.) "How long have you been living here, Foalen?" She asked.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:12 am
((It's ok, I just thought I should let you know.)) biggrin

Ayita listened to Strider nodding as the fox spoke. "After one of my kind is born he or she spends time in a woven basket protected by harm by a chosen two legger. I was given to this two legger when I was born and have been with him ever since. Now that I am older and stronger I watch over him."

Foalen rubbed his chin with long dexterous fingers as he tried to figure up the number of moons he had been living here with Ayita. It haden't been more than a few moons, and the shortness of his stay near the village suprised him. It seemed to him he had been here much longer than that. He certianly was getting used to life here with the Keiwani. (sp) "I think it's been only a few moons or so now. Perhaps a little longer than that. It seems strange that I've been here for such a short while."

Letting the door flap close Foalen went back over to the fire where he had been skinning the rabbit. Portioning out the gibblits for the fox he looked up at his guest with a smile motioning her to sit on one of the rugs laid out over the dirt floor. "So when did you come to stay in this area. I remember you went with us on the journey to the burial ground. So it's been a little while at least."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:02 pm
Kali nodded, listening to the Shaman speak about how long he had stayed at his home, in which she now sat in. She sat down by the fire, warming her self up, placing the old bag near her side. "I see. I have never really found the desire to...stay in one spot long enough. It was out of mere luck I found you guys on the little burial hunt, and once again, out of mere luck I found you here. Though, it was Strider who led me. If it wasn't for him, I'd still be wandering around this area, then off to visit the next.

She nodded again. "It has been awhile. When the group seperated, I did too. Group haven't always been one of my strong points...I can handle them, but then need so much time in being alone before I stay with another." She looked towards Foalen, giggling slightly. "Look at me talking about myself and you working. Would you like any help with that?" She motioned towards the rabbit he was skinning.

"So...you're like his guardian then? Pretty cool. And you actually do watch over him..cause you're as talll as him right?" His tail wagged a few times. His muzzle raised to the air, smelling the rabbit flesh. He yipped, golden eyes looking towards teh teepee entrance.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:36 pm
"There is no wrong in having a wandering spirit. Wandering brings with it wisdom. For as you wander you have ample oppertunity to see and learn many things." the young shaman replied with quiet confidence in his warm voice. Looking down at the rabbit that he hadn't gotten very far on skinning he grinned. "I seem to be doing more listening than working actually. But If you'd like to help with the rabbit that would be fine with me. It'll give me a chance to get some of the herbs together for the stew."

Setting down his knife he handed the rabbit to Kali and then set to getting the herbs prepared.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:33 pm
Kaliska nodded. "Very true." She held out her arms as he depostited the rabbit into her arms, then headed to get some herbs. Taking out a small knife from her little pouch, she began to skin the small creature, not enjoying it, but knowing it had to be done. Eating fur wasn't...to pleasant actually.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:07 pm
"I'm not sure that my size really matters all that much. Though It probably does help" Ayita said thoughtfully as she wrinkled her nose at the scent of blood. She knew that Foalen and the other two footers ate and even enjoyed meat and while she much prefered the lovely long grasses that grew in the medow she understood that not everyone shared the same tastes. Still the aroma was not one she was comfortable around. Mincing her feet slightly she moved a short distance away where she couldn't smell the rabbit noticing the fox's glance towards the teepee.

"If you wish to join your friend for supper, I won't mind." The painted mare bobbed her head toward the teepee as she spoke indicating the slightly open door flap.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:47 am
((Buffer space so I can start another story line if I need to.))  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:26 pm
Title: Daydreams

The sun was low in the sky, the pale light filtering through the leafless branches to cast odd shadows on the forest floor as Ayita she slowly wound her way through the trees. The melting snow made the earthen path a sloggy mess wich added more brown to the painted mare's multicolored coat.

While the mud was a little chilly she didn't really mind it if it meant she could visit with her friends. It had been a wonderful day, spent mostly in the company of Taima who had been showing her some of the techniques his two legger had tought him. Pausing in her walk Ayita sighed at the memory of the handsome stallion working through his paces, the powerful muscles underneath his coat rippling, the proud arch of his neck, the way the wind caught at his high held tail making a banner of it. She could see why Lequoia was so pleased with his progress.

Ayita was quite proud of him too, though the warm flame that seemed to fan within her chest every time she watch him had less to do with the techniques he was learning as much as the phyisical results of those lessons. He had always been handsome even as a colt. As a stallion he was very well grown indeed. The training served to hone the atributes the spirits had already given Tai in abundance.

Shaking her mane out Ayita scanned the forest around her, it wouldn't do to get caught daydreaming as she wandered through the forest. There might not be any leaves on the trees as of yet, but there were still preditors during every season.

as if summoned by the thought the sound of rustling twigs came to the mare through the evening air. Standing rock still she flicked her ears twards the sound straining to define the sound when all at once Foalen appeared at her side.

Suprised by the sudden movement she sidled away from him turning to give the shaman a dark look as he reached out to place a soothing hand on her shoulder.

"I didn't mean to give you a start." The young man said with an appologetic smile. "But I saw your coming and decided you might want to make a stop at the river before we go back to the teepee."

Ayita didn't understand what her friend was saying, but she wuffled at him . Nudging Foalen in the chest and breathing grass scented breath upon him.

"It looks like you've managed to get half the forest's worth of mud on you. Come along with me and we'll get you cleaned up." Giving Ayita's forhead a scratch he lead her off through the trees towards the river.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:57 pm
Title: Spirit Rider

The wind blew strong across the yellow brown grass revealed by the melting snow. The new growth had not yet come but Ayita felt filled with the need to move. She wanted to fly over the sea of mottled brown and feel the cool wind weaving it's chilly fingers through her thick winter coat.

Foalen was currently back in the teepee meditating as he often did. Ayita loved spending time with him, but having spent so much time in the teepee of late due to the weather she had a great need to be out in the open spaces.

A bird of prey called out over head and as if something was unbound within her, the painted mare reared back neighing her own challange to the morning wind. When her hooves touched the gound once more she surged forward her tail sailing along behind her.

A wild happiness filled Ayita's chest as she ran. She was no longer confined or enclosed in any way, she could run fast and free as the wind itself.

Something warm and familiar wrapped around the painted mare as she coursed over the damp earth. She nearly stopped when she finally recocgnized what it was. Foalen somehow had sent his spirit winging along with her.

He could feel her, she knew and so she responded to his presence with the joy being with him always brought her. His happiness mirrored hers and they soared together over the winter feild heart to heart. There were no words, but they didn't need speach. They were together and that was enough.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed in this incredible comuinion of spirits when she finally slowed her head long pace and felt the spirit of her friend fly back to his own form. She felt a little sad at the loss of his touch, but could still feel a faint echo that linked back to shaman comfortably seated in their teepee.

Turning around Ayita discovered that she was far more tired than the run could have accounted for. This shairing of heart and mind took much strength is seamed. Exausted but very happy the painted mare wound her way slowly over the plain and through the forest to her home and the spirit rider who had travled the winds with her.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:44 pm
Title: Step by Step - Chapter 1

Since the snow had begun to recide the forest plants had started to make tenitive gestures towards new groth. Here and there in the yellow brown leafless wood tiny patches of green where peaking up out of the muddy landsacpe.

Ayita lifted her face to the sun letting it bathe her in its warmth as she waited for her human friend to finish preparing for their journy. From watching the shaman pack his the lovely ever present pouch that Anpo had given him, she could tell that they would be going on a herb collecting walk this morning.

Her ears flickered as she took in the ambient sounds of the forest. Birds greeting the moring with song as treebranches swayed magesticly in the wake of the Great Mother's breath. She was content to wait as long as her two footed freind needed her to, though a walk in the woods would be plesant.

She didn't have long to wait, however for the sound of the teepee flap opening caught her attention and she looked up at her shaman friend.
He smiled in return safely tieing his pouch to his leather belt. He wore a lightly fringed deerhide shirt and tews that blended with the browns of the forest. Checking to be sure that his long hair was tied back securely Foalen reached out a hand to Ayita. It was then that she noticed he was carrying something.

Stepping closer she sniffed at the large heavy bunder the shaman had rolled under one arm.

"This is a blanket." Foalen explained knowing the works meant little to Ayita, but unrolling the blaket as he spoke. "I'm going to put this on your back to help you start to get used to carrying weight. It will be easier for you to carry me if your already used to having something on your back."

While he talked the shaman walked along side of the painted mare, on hand on her side. When he was certian she wasn't frightened or going to bolt he gently laid the blanket onto her back.

Ayita turned her head to look at the thick blanket. It was a little odd having something on her back like that, but she trusted Foalen and if he wanted her to wear this this she would. After taking a nibble to see what the blaket would taste like she turned and nuzzled the shaman.

Laughing he gave her a good long scratching behind the ears before they set off together through the woods.  
Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff