Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:33 pm
"Skull Fossil huh? Cool." Sub commented in reply to the revelation of the kind of fossil it was. When Doc Owl began to mention the 'revival' process, or cloning, and Tristen's concerns with it he spoke up further. "I wouldn't sweat it too much, Tristen. People revive fossils they find out all the time. Certain research labs in various cities offer the service for free in fact. I think the Cinnabar Pokemon Lab pioneered the process though. Either way, if you want to bring that thing to life, or rather give birth to something like what it once was, we got a fossil revitalization chamber right here in HQ. Let's say the Pokemon Lab on Cinnabar didn't get to hold their monopoly on reviving fossils for long once Silph Co. got their hands on the plans and with yours truly here working for them...well needless to say if you want a Cranidos it's yours. But like Doc Owl kind of alluded to, you bring it to life you take care of it and keep it from going back into nature. There is a reason why these creatures became extinct."

"Hey Leon." Sub said with a wave. "Ulla? Haven't seen her lately."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:49 pm
SubonicXP
"Skull Fossil huh? Cool." Sub commented in reply to the revelation of the kind of fossil it was. When Doc Owl began to mention the 'revival' process, or cloning, and Tristen's concerns with it he spoke up further. "I wouldn't sweat it too much, Tristen. People revive fossils they find out all the time. Certain research labs in various cities offer the service for free in fact. I think the Cinnabar Pokemon Lab pioneered the process though. Either way, if you want to bring that thing to life, or rather give birth to something like what it once was, we got a fossil revitalization chamber right here in HQ. Let's say the Pokemon Lab on Cinnabar didn't get to hold their monopoly on reviving fossils for long once Silph Co. got their hands on the plans and with yours truly here working for them...well needless to say if you want a Cranidos it's yours. But like Doc Owl kind of alluded to, you bring it to life you take care of it and keep it from going back into nature. There is a reason why these creatures became extinct."

"Hey Leon." Sub said with a wave. "Ulla? Haven't seen her lately."

"Hence, one of the reasons." Doc said.

"I...don't think I understand...it has to stay with me, always?"

"Ok, let me try to explain it this way. Blizzard and Freth has been trying to teach you things apart from Pokemon battling, correct? Namely, history, sciences, topics of that sort, correct?"

"...yeah?"

"Do you know what I mean by 'invasive species'." Doc asked.

"...no." Tristen said.

Doc made a slight sigh, he kind of expected it. It really wasn't something one would teach to a kid like Tristen. At least not yet. Biology was generally a late middle school, early high school subject. "Alright Tristen, the best way I can think to explain it to you is that its a species that gets introduced to an area that can, and more than likely will, throw the ecosystem on tilt because of its own natural habits. There is a whole delicate balance to nature and each creature has their own role to play in some fashion. When something, however, gets into that cycle of life all of a sudden. Like say...for example, I studied that Alola used to be loaded with snakes at one time. Just...lots of it."

"...I haven't seen a snake at all in Alola..." Tristen said, thinking back.

"And you know why?" Doc asked.

"...no."

"May I see your SNAG?" Tristen handed the SNAG over to Doc and started to go through the dex, and pulled up the images of Yungoos and Gumshoos. "Because this Pokemon many years ago was introduced to the island chain."

"They're...invasive?" Tristen asked.

"At one time they were." Doc said. "Though it took centuries for the ecosystem to right itself. Consequently, take a fossil Pokemon, like Cranidos. A predator if I am to recall studies on it as well. If it was introduced...anywhere at all that has a source of meat, in a world that no longer accommodate it, then...there's problems to be had."  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:57 pm
Keiko frowned when she heard Doc Owl's explanation. It made sense, though she was just as confused as Tristan in some points. A predator Pokemon would certainly be a problem, but surely her cute, gentle Amaura wasn't like that, right? Keiko was too afraid to ask, so she kept silent for the moment.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:59 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

Leon scratched his head as he looked at Sub. "I'm sorry Sub. But, Ulla and I are gonna need to take some personal time off....which I still need to tell her. He then looked over to Keiko with a bit of a worried face. Knowing that when he tells Ulla, he was going to need some help. "I'm gonna need your help. She's gonna need some comfort....I just got a call from Professor Kukui. Our grandparents just passed." He then turned back to the fossil as he listened to Doc Owl's explanation. Him being from the Alola region made a lot of sense of his explanation.

Ulla was outside of the HQ playing with her Pokemon. She was mainly watching their Pokemon play around as Togekiss and Dratix were flying around while Dragonair and Minior were bathing in the sun. Lucario was leaning against a tree in the shade with Ulla. "I'm glad everyone is having a good time. Especially with all that's going on."  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:05 pm
"I'll mostly just say ditto to what the Doc said." Sub replied after hearing Doc Owl's explanation, it was a good one. "The ecosystem is extremely fragile, especially the food chain. Everything in it, down to the smallest of organism, plays a role in the greater system. You remove or introduce something foreign into the chain and it completely throws it into chaos. You could even cause other species to go extinct, like the Doc said. Or possibly create a whole new subspecies in reaction to the introduced species, like Alolan Rattata. They were native to Alola long ago in the form you find in many other regions until the Yungoos arrived. The two species competed for resources and so the Rattata's gradually evolution was pushed to be more nocturnal, social within their species, and moved to more urban areas to get away from the Yungoos. Thus the Alolan version of Rattata was born."

"Don't worry about it, Leon, take all the time you need." He responded to the Poison Channeler to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:09 pm
Keiko gasped in shock, then immediately let Audrey back into her ball for the time being. "That's terrible. Now I see why you were asking for her," Keiko said sadly, walking away from Sub and the others.

She stopped a few feet ahead and turned back to Leon. "Let's go look for her. If you want, we can split up to do so. I can look for her outside while you keep looking for her in here, or however you want to do it."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:19 pm
"With no snakes, the yungoos went after the rats, the rats eventually caught on and changed their lifestyles to only come out when it got dark because the Yungoos were day time creatures. The rats moved to the urban places because the Wild Yungoos are chased off by humans and since humans are also creatures that are most active during the day, they'd not give too much notice to the rats hiding out and only come out at night, which would probably make the Yungoos go after another food source, maybe a bird or something, and if that Pokemon goes away or changes somehow...but then those pokemon were probably a food source or something for other Pokemon and not just the yungoos, meaning...wow..." Tristen rambled on, finally realizing the whole implication of it all.

"Now you're getting it." Doc said. Though something occurred to Doc, seeing Tristen fret quite a bit over the whole implication of bringing up a fossil Pokemon. "Oh dear...hoo, and here I give Blizzard grief over influencing Tristen and others in negative ways due to his experiences and his profession and here is mine starting to do the same." the Doc took off his glasses rubbing his eyes for a second then started to clean the glasses on his shirt tail. "Tristen, look, while I have my qualms over the tampering of nature this fashion for my own list of reasons, the thing I want you to understand is that don't base your decisions just on that. Lord knows that I have words to say to virtually everyone here, and yet they tend to surprise more than disappoint." Doc said, putting his glasses back on. "If you want the responsibility of caring for a Pokemon such as that, then just as with any Pokemon, understand what you are asking for. This is a Pokemon that hasn't been part of this world in millions of years. Its going to have vastly different needs than any Pokemon nowadays."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:30 pm
"Buuut..." Sub interjected. "If you do want to bring to life an ancient Pokemon we're all here to help you raise it into another fine addition to your team. With the right method and patience almost any Pokemon can be tamed or at least mad suitable for modern purposes. Look at the Doc's Machamp, Orderly. Naturally it would only know how to punch things and make its muscles even bigger, but the good ole Doc here trained it to be the perfect doctor's assistant. Though his bedside manner could use some work, especially when the Doc is...let's say, 'enforcing treatment', if you catch my drift." He cracked wise. "But you get the point I'm trying to make. The choice is all yours in the end, kid."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:31 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

"Alright, I'll take a look around the buildings again for her. It can't be too hard to look for a small child." He then realized, he hasn't even been able to find her herself. ".....Let's not go there." He said as he started walking around once again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:37 pm
Keiko kept walking, making her way to the main lobby, and out the door to the cave system inside Mt. Silver. She was immediately greeted by the pond which rested the Tentacruel that attacked her the day that she joined Team Snagem. After cringing a bit at the thought of being lifted into the air by its tentacles, Keiko moved, on, keep in an eye out for any of the Pokemon she knew Ulla had, as well as the small girl she was looking for. "Ulla?" Keiko called out, hoping the Alola native would hear her voice and come to her.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:49 pm
SubonicXP
"Buuut..." Sub interjected. "If you do want to bring to life an ancient Pokemon we're all here to help you raise it into another fine addition to your team. With the right method and patience almost any Pokemon can be tamed or at least mad suitable for modern purposes. Look at the Doc's Machamp, Orderly. Naturally it would only know how to punch things and make its muscles even bigger, but the good ole Doc here trained it to be the perfect doctor's assistant. Though his bedside manner could use some work, especially when the Doc is...let's say, 'enforcing treatment', if you catch my drift." He cracked wise. "But you get the point I'm trying to make. The choice is all yours in the end, kid."

"He is called 'Orderly' for a reason. I'd like to see a Chansey or Blissey try to wrangle a uncooperative Rhyperior with a barely semi-reliable Sing attack under pressure." It would be safe to assume experience told many stories with the doctor. "Seriously, you make the petition to expand on Pokemon assistants in Pokemon Centers beyond the healers like Chansey and Audinos and the medical field look at you as if you gone mad despite you having evidence to the contrary." Doc said, rolling his eyes. "They're not the ones trying to find a way to roll over a half-ton Snorlax."

Tristen stared at Doc in confusion for a moment as the curmudgeon doctor had his rant. He knew being a doctor was hard. He...didn't think it was that hard though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:54 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

While most of her Pokemon were playing around or either relaxing. Lucario was on guard as he heard a familiar voice. He barked at Ulla as he pointed to where the voice was coming from. Ulla got up as Lucario led the way. As they were getting closer to their destination, Ulla noticed Keiko. She smiled a bit, not really sure how their relationship was now after her calling her 'Mama' by accident. Ulla waved to Keiko.  

Cecile Silverstone

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:06 pm
Keiko would send Leon a quick message via SNAG before running up to Ulla and wrapping her in a tight hug, her remorse taking control of her mind for a moment. She didn't outwardly show her sorrow, however, as she didn't want the girl in her arms to worry about her. Ulla had her own problems.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:25 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

When Keiko embraced her, she was a little embarrassed. "Keiko? What's wrong?" She asked a bit nervous, usually her hugs are more comforting, but she could tell something was wrong.

Leon was still in the main HQ area until he got a message on his SNAG about where Ulla was. He quickly heading over there as he saw Keiko and Ulla together. "Ulla." He called out. Ulla looked in the direction was calling from as he walked over. She smiled warmly but Leon could only give her a pat on the head. Ruffling her hair a bit. "Why are you both acting so strange?" Leon bit his lip as he knelt down to her level. "Ulla...there's no easy way to say this. But. Professor Kukui just called me and well...grandma and grandpa are no longer with us." When Ulla heard that, her heart sank. She stared at the ground as she looked at Keiko a bit in disbelief and back at Leon. "...No. No, no, no, no, no. Big brother that's not right. There must be a mistake. No. Leon your wrong. No....no..."

"...Ulla I-" "NO!" She shouted as she looked at Ulla with streams of tears in her eyes. "They're not gone...They're not....T-They can't..." Leon had tears in his eyes as well but was holding them back as he let out a breath. "....I wish you were right."  

Cecile Silverstone

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:46 pm
Keiko reluctantly let Ulla go, so Leon could deliver the news. By the end of it, she couldn't hold back her tears if she tried. She wanted to comfort Ulla, to help her come to terms with her grandparents' passing, but she'd never been in a situation like this before. Other than losing her Pokemon to Cipher mercenaries and worrying about me for a year due to a coma, Keiko had never truly experienced loss herself, and didn't know how to help someone contend with it. In the end, she sat there, rubbing the tears out of her own eyes. She wanted to hug Ulla more than ever at this point, but wasn't sure if that was what Ulla needed right now.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games