Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:59 pm
Xaven the Raven
shadowabyss1301
Its pretty much about i believe~ Indian deity's/gods. And it sticks relatively close to the actual mythology o3o which is a Plus for a mythology lover like me XD

Asura's Wrath is inspired by Hindu and Buddhist traditions and beliefs. Because its such an amalgamation, its hard to say that it's accurate to either. And in Japan, they do the mid episode name card, but it's usually cut out of the US showings to make more time for commercials.

yeah i... I already know that Xaven. Asura from india religion belief because all there gods/goddesses have multiple limbs. and "Mantra" aka "prayer" passed over to several regions of the world, mostly Japan and Chinese Religion.

Its not all the uncommon for Mythology figures to spread and be depicted as something else. Take Hercules, Thor and Susano'o(He alone has like 8 different versions of how to spell his name XD). There awfully similar in concept and all fight a multi headed serpent. Hercules fights along side his step brother to slay the hydra. Thor fights Jormungand who is sometimes depicted as a multi headed snake but more often than not, is just has one head. And Susano'o fought and slayed Yamata no Orochi and covered his heads into a sword he later shown wielding. Married a sake brewing woman who's family helped made the Orochi drunk making Susano'o job far easier. She later became known as "Amaterasu" aka goddess of the sun o3o

All three are just a few who had to fight a serpent that would "Devour" or "destroy" A giant serpent like creature.

I know a LOT of mythology and is my strongest history. XD i could GO ON, but i wont o3o  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:50 pm
Hope the kind

Sips on a empty coffee mug

Slow... Slow day huh? o3o Whats up?  

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:51 pm
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind

Tis....it really is. I'm just waiting for people to reply to posts.....so....I'm just being lazy right now.

You?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:55 pm
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind

Tis....it really is. I'm just waiting for people to reply to posts.....so....I'm just being lazy right now.

You?

Reading a funny webcomic i guess you would call it about a few odd ball people in hazmat suits and kinda wanna make a character who just 100% lost his marbles like them XD like one drinks out of a mug... despite the fact its empty and he/she wearing protective face gear xD and he/she talks to skeletons and "kills them" and sends out announcements stating of a "killer [object]" is on the loose XD  

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:56 pm
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind

You?

Reading a funny webcomic i guess you would call it about a few odd ball people in hazmat suits and kinda wanna make a character who just 100% lost his marbles like them XD like one drinks out of a mug... despite the fact its empty and he/she wearing protective face gear xD and he/she talks to skeletons and "kills them" and sends out announcements stating of a "killer [object]" is on the loose XD

Sounds like a pure type of odd ball to me X)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:59 pm
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind

You?

Pretty much it was her/him idk what gender XD but she/he was talking to a skeleton about the moon landing, you only saw there side talking and it ends with "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!? I'LL KILL YOU!" and then in the description it says "This is your leader, there is a killer door on the loose. Do not use the door without getting permission from me, if you do not get permission from me, this door WILL headbutt you!" XD

So... he/she bashed a skeleton threw the door XD  

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:08 pm
shadowabyss1301

yeah i... I already know that Xaven. Asura from india religion belief because all there gods/goddesses have multiple limbs. and "Mantra" aka "prayer" passed over to several regions of the world, mostly Japan and Chinese Religion.

The term is Hindu. India is the land mass the people originate from, Hinduism is the Religion. And not all of the Hindu gods have multiple limbs. Mantra is a Sanskrit word that was appropriated into the English Language in the late Eighteenth Century. By the way, While Hinduism has been in China, it originates in Southern Asia, or the sub continent of India, to be technical. It and Buddhism have spread through the same area, true, but they are completely different thought systems. Their ideologies are very different.

Also, Japan is mostly Shinto and Buddhist, China has a lot of different religions, the main ones shifting as the Empire's borders changed between Dynasties. To say that Hinduism is a Chinese Religion is erroneous.

EDIT: Mantra's purest translation is thought behind word, or to speak with thought. Its often referred to when speaking about meditation, religious or not.

shadowabyss1301

Its not all the uncommon for Mythology figures to spread and be depicted as something else. Take Hercules, Thor and Susano'o(He alone has like 8 different versions of how to spell his name XD). There awfully similar in concept and all fight a multi headed serpent. Hercules fights along side his step brother to slay the hydra. Thor fights Jormungand who is sometimes depicted as a multi headed snake but more often than not, is just has one head. And Susano'o fought and slayed Yamata no Orochi and covered his heads into a sword he later shown wielding. Married a sake brewing woman who's family helped made the Orochi drunk making Susano'o job far easier. She later became known as "Amaterasu" aka goddess of the sun o3o

All three are just a few who had to fight a serpent that would "Devour" or "destroy" A giant serpent like creature.

Studies show that humans are averse to serpents in general. In fact, people never exposed to snakes in their life still find them unsettling in person. Same for spiders.

That's why snakes are reoccurring in mythology as great monsters and as components in monsters. Their standard as a sign of evil ties into this universal distaste we as a species feel towards them.

I know a lot of Western mythology, as well as Pan-Asian and Middle Eastern. Of course, I really don't think that Russian myths belong in the Western sphere, but hey, apparently Slavic myths get thrown in with the others.

I'm currently working my way through Native American Cultural systems, Central American legends, and Pre-Colonial African cultures. I can share my readings if you want, I'd love to be able to compare notes on legends.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:22 pm
Xaven the Raven

Well most Hindu gods/goddess that I KNOW, have multi limbs XD and your stating stuff i already know XD i started getting into Mythology stuff since... middle of the school year of 3rd grade o.e?... I know it happened in 3rd grade since i horded mythology books and the school got pissed and forced me to release them in the library and then someone started getting giddy that they have "boobs" and then they were removed and i died a lot inside because i found them interesting ;~;

Snakes and Spiders are creatures humans find odd. Spiders because they skrtel, so... its HOW they move is unsettling to us XD Spiders, Crabs, Spiders, its how they move that just disturb us. I however am not afraid of spiders or snakes. Used to attack both as a kid xD big-ish spiders creep me out but that wont stop me from killing them XD they forfeited there life when there in my house XD

Snakes, idk how i feel about them today since its been years since ive seen one that wasn't behind a glass window. But i'm deathly afraid of bats o3o i know why, and i would wash 1 of 3 wishes to whip them off the face of this planet xD  

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:28 pm
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind

You?

Pretty much it was her/him idk what gender XD but she/he was talking to a skeleton about the moon landing, you only saw there side talking and it ends with "WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!? I'LL KILL YOU!" and then in the description it says "This is your leader, there is a killer door on the loose. Do not use the door without getting permission from me, if you do not get permission from me, this door WILL headbutt you!" XD

It feels like there is so much going on in here.....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:31 pm
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind

You?

o3o yeah i know~ and if this was gonna be another quote from Xaven, i was gonna pull a Renji XD since every time i refreshed i got a quote like every time XD

Wish this guild was more active, its sat for the great creator sake!? xD  

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:48 pm
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind

You?

o3o yeah i know~ and if this was gonna be another quote from Xaven, i was gonna pull a Renji XD since every time i refreshed i got a quote like every time XD

Not too sure what is supposed to happen after the party....
Not sure when I can post my two other characters
Not sure what I'm supposed to do right now....
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:54 pm
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind
shadowabyss1301
Hope the kind

Not too sure what is supposed to happen after the party....
Not sure when I can post my two other characters
Not sure what I'm supposed to do right now....

o3o i know how ya feel~ i'm still waiting for more students for claude before i post.

Wish i could help yeah~ >3<  

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:34 am
shadowabyss1301

Not my fault you keep having to cover your steps when you get stuff wrong. I just don't like bad information being handed out.

And honestly, this is an open chat. I don't really appreciate you threatening to get angry because I called you out on being wrong in an open discussion.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:16 am
Xaven the Raven
shadowabyss1301

Not my fault you keep having to cover your steps when you get stuff wrong. I just don't like bad information being handed out.

And honestly, this is an open chat I don't really appreciate you threatening to get angry because I called you out on being wrong in an open discussion.

Well i get most my information from various sources, mostly history channel and Gaijin Goombah XD and both say "Mantra" is pretty much "prayer" in a nutshell. That's why in Asura's wrath they pray, it go's in that machine, powers the demi gods to fight off the evil spirits.

Granted i am rusty in this section of mythology and if i'm coming off angry, i'm not XD in rl i am not easily angered XD

So saying "I'm wrong" is stating the history channel ancient aliens and Gaijin Goombah is wrong is kinda pissing me off because both actually know there s**t when talking.  

shadowabyss1301

Fateful Traveler

14,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:20 am
and now I'm stepping in... I can an argument about to brew. How about we change the subject....or you guys post in the common rooms of your houses...

just a suggestion  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games