Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Downtown Soleil
The Shimmering Starfish Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:35 pm
User Image

❛There is a place in the heart that will never be filled, a space.
And even during the best moments and the greatest times, we will know it. We will know it more than ever.
There is a place in the heart that will never be filled.. and we will wait, and wait in that space.❜

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I'm feeling melancholy. || I'm speaking to Megara. || I'm wearing casual attire || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

”You flatter me.” the thought was appreciated, but still, it was something that struck him strange nonetheless. ”I come off intimidating, I guess.” he shrugged, noting the few encounters in the past where he was told he held an invisible air of authority. It wasn’t something he could help, given he had immersed himself in the military field for a decade and a half, in a place where manner of speech was often times disregarded, and where a fine line was drawn to separate their status. Still, the walls he built when he was on the job was tore down the moment they were off duty, reducing him into all but a mere.. man.

Her cheeks fumed, and it was only after she turned to face him that he’d vaguely wonder if he had went a tad too far. Still, he didn’t think anyone would cry over a small mistake. His laughter quieted down, leaving him occasionally snickering at the thought. ”I’m sorry-” he laughed, crossing his right hand over to brush the tears glistening upon the corners of her eyes. Calloused skin gently grazed across her porcelain, and unblemished one. Smooth, like a baby’s butt. She was naive, that much he realized. Innocent and pure, a white sheet of paper in this world of black ink, and printed papers. She was fresh, almost like an infant. Untainted, new. ”I’m not making fun of you. I just-- I didn’t think in my entire life that I’d come across someone who’d believe my arm was--” he turned away, feeling the growing laughter rising within his chest. Though preferring not to anger his newly found companion, he forced it down with a small quaff of his whiskey.

“May I?” he raised a brow, extending it in her direction. It was heavy, a burden to work with the first time around. It was hard to find his sense of balance when it weighed down on one side of his body. He had broken great many things with his arm, mostly by accident: mostly by holding onto things a tad tighter than intended. It lacked the sense of touch he needed, feeling absolutely nothing should her fingers come to caress the cold metal build of his prosthetic. Though there were times he’d feel the ghostly presence of his left arm, sometimes even reaching forth to scratch it in the middle of the night, only to be jolted awake by the quiet ‘thunk’ of his nails against the metal surface. His gaze narrowed, settling on the bill she placed upon the counter. No, Caius wasn’t about to let a woman buy him a drink. As though challenging her, he’d place his own dollar note on the table.

“She sounds wonderful. You two must be really happy together.” they were, or at least, he was. He was the happiest. “I’m sorry for your loss.” he shook his head, a wry smile curving his lips while he slowly came to terms with his loss, once again, for the umpteenth time. He met her symphathetic gaze, answering her with a reassuring smile that it was okay. He never really learned how to get over her missing presence, and he still lived with regret that he wasn’t there for her during the birth of his beloved children, and her final moments. If it weren’t for his children, and the video recordings his wife left him, he wouldn’t have been able to cope. Silas. Hazel browns softened, knowing she was in a similar situation as he. ”I’m sorry to hear.” his voice was quiet, barely above a whisper yet loud enough for her to hear. Then again, pleasant things never seem to last quite long enough, from what he’s learnt. ”Your husband’s a lucky guy, to come across someone as beautiful as you. Pure, like water lilies.”

“So you have children? What are their names?” as though on cue, the heavy atmosphere lifted ever so slightly, lightening when his children were brought up. Still, it was a heavy topic for him. ”Twins. We call each other from time to time.” one of the blessings he had despite their forced separation. However, he owed it to his brother who had taken them in as one of his own.

”Rayne and Viola. They’ve just turned eight three months ago.” he chuckled. Short, wavy ash brown locks similar to his, and a set of clear orbs the shade of mother nature’s green. Pale skin, and features that eeriely reassembled their mother’s. ”They’re quite a work. It’s still feels so unreal that I’ve been a father for eight years- It just-- my mind doesn’t register.” they were a gift, his solace when times were rough for him, a pillar of hope when everything else seemed to crumble before him.

“We love you, and we miss you, papa. Come home soon.”
their words rung in his head, like a magical chant that seems to bring him back onto his two feet. He’d try to overcome his own problems, if not for himself, then for them.

”What about you? Do you have little look-a-likes of your own?”

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

ShadowStar369

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 am
User Image
User Image

❝Yσu'vє lσѕt ѕσmєσnє αnd it hurtѕ. Yσu mαy hαvє lσѕt thєm ѕuddєnly, unєхpєctєdly. Or pєrhαpѕ yσu bєgαn lσѕing piєcєѕ σf thєm until σnє dαy, thєrє wαѕ nσthing lєft. Yσu mαy hαvє knσwn thєm αll yσur lifє σr yσu mαy hαvє bαrєly knσwn thєm αt αll.❞
                                        ╔═════════════════════════════════════╗

“Only a little at first.” She conceded, admitting that she had felt the same. Intimidated by him for some reason she couldn’t quite put her finger on. At first sight he had made her timid little heart wary, she’d naturally wanted to keep her distance and watch him from the corner of her eye. But after that initial trepidation, she found that he wasn’t that intimidating at all. Sure, he had the potential to be quite terrifying should he choose to be, but he wasn’t at that moment.. if anything, she felt safe with him. It was an absurd thought, but that’s how she felt. Then, she had always felt more at ease in the presence of an older male than ones her age. The men her age were often off-putting in their own right. Most barely spared her a second glance in any case. “But now that I’ve spoken to you a little, I don’t find you very scary.” She was just a positive little bean, wasn’t she? Reassuring him so he wouldn’t feel bad about himself, even if her words were actually the honest truth. But she wasn’t trying to flatter him, as he’d so casually claimed. No, she wasn’t the type to do so knowingly, she just spoke what she thought. Sometimes.

Megara slowly fanned her flaming cheeks with her hands, exasperated with herself. She was probably some hideous shade of tomato by now, but she couldn’t stop blushing. It was as if some sort of summer heatwave had overtaken her, she felt so warm. If only he would stop saying such things, then she might have a chance to recover. Even the cool liquid of her drink didn’t seem to help, but then the alcohol in it was probably aiding her rosy-cheeked appearance and making her just that little warmer. He’d finally stop laughing at her completely, though she swore she could still hear him chuckling or snickering. Although she acted indignant, she wasn’t really all that upset. Just majorly embarrassed, though overall glad that she’d made him smile and he hadn’t taken offence to her mistake. He apologised to her and she froze, sitting absolutely still as his hand drew close to her face. She wasn’t used to people acting so familiar with her. It felt strange. But at the same time.. her eyes fluttered close, long lashes brushing against the rough skin that brushed against her own. She bit her lower lip, waiting for the moment to pass. She was far too awkward in these situations to do anything but sit as still as she could.

”I’m not making fun of you. I just-- I didn’t think in my entire life that I’d come across someone who’d believe my arm was--”

He’d turn away from her then, withdrawing his hand from her face and she would let out a slow exhale, released the breath she had trapped in her throat only to take another in preparation to tell him off should he laugh at her again, which he seemed about to considering the shaking he was doing. In the end, she gave in and giggled a little with him. She had been pretty stupid, she supposed. It was understandable that he found her complete faith in him so amusing. She had been so ready to believe his every word that it hadn’t even registered he was telling a falsehood in an attempt to joke. “W-Well! There’s a first time for.. e-everything!” She sputtered out, unable to look him in the eye until she’d had a moment to recover her senses. She took a steadying mouthful of her drink and sighed with contentment. A funny tasting but overall pleasant drink. Maybe she should order another? The older male extended his prosthetic towards her and she reached out to touch it, brushing her fingertips over its smooth surface, taking note of the tiny scratches and marks of wear on it. It was cool to touch, as expected and she could imagine how difficult it would have been for him to adjust to it. Curiously, she glanced up at him as if seeking his permission before she entwined her fingers with those of the metal prosthetic and just held the hand for a few moments before letting go. “Thank you.. Isn’t it heavy?” She asked before she could stop herself, not able to quite comprehend the strain his body must have been under to adjust and carry the prosthetic for hours at a time. Did he ever remove it to sleep? Most people with amputated parts did, but there were a small few who didn’t. Not that it mattered all that much. She was just curious about everything. Luckily he didn’t seem to mind. Meg watched him almost deliberately place down a note of his own and, although she wasn’t very competitive in spirit just yet, she placed down another of her own and pushed it closer to the bartender’s side of the bar. It was her turn to pay and she wasn’t going to be doted upon more than she was already. In short, she accepted his challenge.

Caius offered her a reassuring smile after giving him her condolences and she felt her heart wrench. No matter how much you loved someone and no matter how much time had passed since their leave, grief was still something they had to cope with every day. A part of her felt that he had come to terms with it a lot better than she had. Today had been the first time she’d spoken her husband’s name aloud to another since his passing. Since Silas had died, she’d withdrawn into herself and would probably still be housebound to their old shared home had her friends not intervened and forced her to face her grief and deal with it.
                                                        ”I’m sorry to hear.” Their responses to each other’s loss had been pretty much the same, which was understandable. Unlike most that had given their condolences to her, this man was able to sympathise with her, able to understand a little of how she felt. But her own loss for some reason seemed to pale in comparison to his. From what little she had heard and seen, Celeste seemed like she had been his whole world, his sun. For her, Silas had been an escape, a safe refuge, a haven. Different variations of the emotion but still love nonetheless. She gulped down another damning mouthful of her liquid courage, finally feeling a slight buzz. It was slow, but she was finally feeling the effects of her reckless drinking. She was most definitely a lightweight and didn’t yet know her limits, but sorrow had made her irresponsible and careless.

”Your husband’s a lucky guy, to come across someone as beautiful as you. Pure, like water lilies.”

The dancer shook her head, allowing her hair to fall into her face. “Not at all.. I’m the lucky one to have met him.. he’s helped me so much more than I ever could have replayed him for, I-... beautiful?” She squeaked the last word, ending on a whisper as she processed what he had said. Had she misheard him? He... had he just called her beautiful? She stared at him with wide eyes, lips parted with shock. But she wasn’t that at all! She could barely pass as pretty- she was just a plain little thing, something she had long since come to terms with. But he’d said-.. She shook her head again and pinched her cheeks. She was being silly. He was probably just saying that to make her feel better. But just as importantly, “I-I’m not that pure, am I? I’m just normal...” she pouted a little, finishing her drink and ordering another, this time whatever he was having. And just in case, she ordered another for him too and held up her money to make it evident that she was to be paying. Part of her told her that she should probably lay off the drinks before she moved from buzzed to tipsy and then regrettably to drunk, but she dismissed the thought. She’d stop right after this one. She liked this feeling, it made the intensity of her pain seem less. “Those are lovely names. I bet they’ll grow up to be very beautiful young ladies.” She commented warmly, glad that the atmosphere around them had lightened a little. It had been almost stifling just moments before.

”They’re quite a work. It’s still feels so unreal that I’ve been a father for eight years- It just-- my mind doesn’t register.” She smiled warmly, understanding blossoming. Being a parent was a wonderful thing, incomparable to anything else. ”What about you? Do you have little look-a-likes of your own?” Her hand fluttered once more over her stomach in a distracted manner, her smile wobbling a little and she took a slow, deep breath before answering. “No, unfortunately. We.. we weren’t, uh, compatible...” She’d fallen pregnant only once before, around the time she had first met Silas, but.. She folded her hands in her lap, refusing to think about the past. Instead.. she wanted to create new memories. Meg took a sip of her new drink and pulled a weird face at how bitter it was. But after that first sip, she downed most of it in an effort to get back that little buzz from before. “Weren’t you lonely, sitting by yourself?” She asked curiously, the alcohol making her a little bolder. Normally she wouldn’t have been so blunt in her asking. “Sorry if that seemed a little..” she waved her hand as if to finish the sentence. She felt a little lost at the moment, unsure of herself. Perhaps she would stop drinking for now. “Rude.” She finished finally, feeling that perhaps she had said too much.

╚═════════════════════════════════════╝

XXXXXXXXX Either way, it is irrelevant—
                        User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

LOCATION → [Shimmering Starfish]
                        COMPANY → [Caius 🌸]
                        FEELING → [Tipsy]
                        DATING → [...]
                        ATTIRE → [Something simple]
                        OOC → [...]

❝You cannot control the depth of a wound another soul inflicts upon you.❞

yo punny nut

ShadowStar369

Opinionated Waffles

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:26 pm
User Image
User Image
┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉
Wearing: Star @ Starfish «» Company: n/a «» In Hand: n/a «» Status
┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

Loki’s second day at work and it wa positively bustling inside The Shimmering Starfish. The young fox was both very, entirely psyched out and utterly, sickeningly filled with dread. He promised the owner, Bree -so she preferred to be called- that he would be doing his darndest in spite of his condition. Luckily, these weren’t new waters for him; he had his tips and tricks for jobs like this: leave the facial recognition to his coworkers (and lay off the flirting so he wasn’t obligated to remember) and use his little light ploy to mark the bottles he was using that were just a smidge too identical to the ones they were filed with. ’You’ve got this!’ pumped and primed the brunette to himself as he bounced through the front doors dressed to the nines. This was his uniform from one of his previous jobs, one where he was stationed in quite the expensive hotel. It fit him so charmingly that he had kept it, and found it appropriate for a city wide event where he’d be seeing a lot of people come through who needed some good impressin’ done to em! Glancing back at the intense-eyed bouncer who had so kindly permitted him inside with no trouble at all, Loki slid hip first to the name tag table and doodled his name in a delinquent-esque graffiti style font Slappin’ it on his chest, he greeted the face behind the bar before joining them. From the looks of it they were from the night shift, and waiting for him to take over- he recognised the hair accessory they wore from yesterday. They had trained him so he knew the run down around the clock, and, making sure he knew all his bases, they finished the last most order to be called to them while Loki washed his hands, restocked a few bottles, and refilled the ice.

”Get some rest, hun- and catch you later~” Loki chuffed as they escaped from behind the bar, cheeks brimming as he swooped around immediately after to top off a hard whiskey needing a refill. This was a good start! Now, he just needed to do his best in keeping track of whom had gotten their free drink and whom hadn’t. Easiest way? Read them dayum name tags and keep, keep track! He’d pop a sticker on em if it didn’t mean touching their chestacles, the man wasn’t trying to get fired not a week into this job! Loki inhaled deeply, nostrils flaring against the scent of recycled wood heated evenly under the soft radiance of over head lamps and fresh whiffs of newly poured alcohol.
                                                  ┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉
                                                  “вєfσяє ι ∂ιє, ι ωαит тσ вє ѕσмєвσ∂у’ѕ fανσяιтє нι∂ιиg ρℓα¢є, тнє ρℓα¢є тнєу ¢αи ρυт єνєяутнιиg тнєу киσω тнєу иєє∂ тσ ѕυяνινє, єνєяу ѕє¢яєт, єνєяу ѕσℓιтυ∂є, єνєяу иєяνσυѕ ρяαуєя, αи∂ вє αвѕσℓυтєℓу ¢єятαιи ι ωιℓℓ кєєρ ιт ѕαfє. ι ωιℓℓ кєєρ ιт ѕαfє.“
                                                  ┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

Any other smells were a mess all amassed into something unidentifiable and riddled with untold stories like the pages of old books often were, and he was the curator of their ancient tales. Poking his glasses further up the bridge of his nose, the dancer was pouring drink ingredients inside a shaker when he sensed that he was being watched- well, studied in particular aside from whatever onlookers felt him worthy of a brief glance. Flipping a glass which he balanced on the tip of his pointer for a second or two before sliding it a top a coaster with the bar logo, Loki attempted dividing the room full of floating facial features into groups until one stood out. And boy did it, with bright colors only comparable to the disco ball for its ability to draw the eye.

Noting the roseate paramour perch herself center to the bar as he turned to pour and serve his current mixture, he wasn’t looking directly at her when she spoke. It wasn’t a strain to hear her with the oversized beacons he was working with, but whether she was addressing him specifically with such a vague question was less so clear until he plopped his shaker onto the counter out of customer reach and looked up to see her leaning forward, eyes locked onto his person and brow raised. He was looking at her lips as she read his name tag, flicking the ears she held such curiosity for as he found his way back to her duel colored orbs. Ms Bree’s were still more striking, but this one, too, would be hard not to pick out of a crowd. Before his lips could part, or rather, just when they had, he caught sight of another male leaning in. The shorter supernatural crinkled his nose playfully and winked at the female before diverting aurum eyes to pluck up a glass and a wax sealed, square bottle labeled with the brand being requested. He scooped bright clear ice that let off a chill mist as it clinked into the glass, hissing, even, as he tipped the bright amber drink inside. ”Makers, on the rocks, Ms Candy.” He’d coo politely, only once her blonde companion had posed a question needing her attention. ”These old things are very real, yeah, and you can touch them if you like-- And you too!” He’d smile with an easy going lilt, winking at the attractive debonair trying his hand with the pinkette. He wasn’t here to get in the way! He’d turn to someone new if he needed, after his first guest got her way, that is.

Speech= #c89320
    Quote:

Galaxious Yums

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:14 pm
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick petted his kitten a little with the hand he wasn't using to eat with. Nothing was going on for him at the moment and if it progress like the last gathering then it was a good thing he wasn't staying for long. "Last watch other people interact and continue to be the odd one out as usual" he thought drinking lava drink. Doesn't help that he didn't have any friends that he could invite and such a situation has never come to past. "These fried pickles are good" he thought as he was trying them out.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: The Shimmering Starfish.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ:winding down some.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $573.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:his sleeping kitten, Hiro.

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100

PUMMMY

Trash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:26 pm
User Image

And even during the best moments and the greatest times, we will know it. We will know it more than ever.
There is a place in the heart that will never be filled.. and we will wait, and wait in that space.❜

I'm feeling melancholy. || I'm speaking to Megara. || I'm wearing casual attire || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

He wasn’t the least bit surprised. He held a certain look, one that seemed apathetic, murderous? He couldn’t quite put a finger on it, though he’s been told he had the eyes of a killer. They weren’t wrong either. Calloused hand ran through his unruly ash brown locks, heaving a heavy grunt at the memories and the faint scent of gun powder and rotting flesh that filled his senses. It was a smell that stuck with him, through the previous decade he spent at war, months at a go. The memories were fresh, the sightings, as though it had only happened a few days prior. “But now that I’ve spoken to you a little, I don’t find you very scary.” is that so? Caius chuckled. Not many stuck around long enough to find out. Those that did, in her instance, could either be strangely optimistic, or just plain foolish. Either way, he appreciated her words.

Slender frame stilled when his hand reached for her face, like a deer caught in headlights. It was then, he realized he may have came off a tad forward. Through years spent in a camp where courtesy was the least they cared about, along with times he wiped away his children’s tears, the rowdy man found himself unconsciously trespassing personal space.

“W-Well! There’s a first time for.. e-everything!” ”Is that so?” he answered, mild sarcasm apparent in his tone as he raised a brow and shrugged. ”Well, if you insist, then I suppose.” lighthearted laughter rumbled, and hazel browns focused on the glass shimmering beneath the colourful lights, then, the bottles of whiskey lining the wooden shelves behind the bartender. The crowd came and went, each with a name tag: some on their shirt, sleeves, and daring women who pasted them on their exposed chest. Whereas he chose to fill up nothing at all. His eyes followed the movement of her hand, and as usual, he felt nothing at all. It came as a surprise that he felt almost.. disappointed. She had pale, feminine hands, skin as white as snow, and fingers long and slender. He’d roll his hand over, exposing his palm, assuming that she had wanted to see what it looked like, only to stiffen up when her fingers entwined with his. Slowly, nervously, his prosthetic closed around her petite hand in a light hold before quickly releasing her, fearing he’d harm her like he’d broken many things. ”It is. But I’ve gotten used to it.” he rested his forearm on its side, diagonal to her, ”Why don’t you pull it up by the wrist.” They’ve replaced nearly every bone in his left arm, remembering the ghostly pain he felt in his non-existent forearm. He couldn’t control the strength of the prototype, then. Usually malfunctioning and ending up fixed into a tight grip he couldn’t open.

Months or years, it didn’t quite matter. The pain and loss was equally as great for the both of them. Both losing their solace, their safe haven, as though their silver lining had vanished alongside them. She understood, and so had he, though the circumstances varied. She downed a mouthful, hazel browns fixated on her cheeks that were flushed a light pink from the mild buzz. He only hope she had a means of returning home later. “Not at all.. I’m the lucky one to have met him.. he’s helped me so much more than I ever could have replayed him for, I-... beautiful?” Caius laughed, understanding quite well what she had meant. “You’re a lucky woman, Celeste!” “Lucky you, landing yourself a loving husband.” congratulatory words of friends and relatives rung in his mind, bathing him in a mild sense of melancholy and comfort. They were wrong, though. He was lucky. Who would’ve ever thought a woman such as she would settle for a troublemaker like him. The compliment came as a surprise while she replied in mild disbelief. It was fine if she chose to doubt his words, but it was an honest statement. He found beauty it many things. A smooth corner of an unrefined stone.

“I-I’m not that pure, am I? I’m just normal...” ”You are.” he replied, hazel orbs meeting darker browns, yet it seemed as though he was looking at something non-existent, something long passed. ”If not to most, then at least to me.” she ordered a refill of his drink, and one of the same for her. For someone who doesn’t seem to drink often, Caius grew concerned for her well-being. Redbreast Irish Whiskey. Pure, served without rocks. But who was he to stop her?

”Most likely so. They take after their mother, after all. But--” he lowered his gaze, half embarrassed and half frustrated. ”They took after my personality.” he laughed. Feminine, yet rowdy. They were wild, unlike the average girl. His brother usually blamed him for the new habits they picked up, collecting bugs and crickets, playing with tanks and trucks, and sometimes even imitating their father, and pretending to be a part of the Navy SEAL. When she’d speak of her own experience, they’d fall silent once more. The way her gaze downcast, and how her voice quieted, he understood it was a clear signal she was uncomfortable. A small outburst of snickers escaped his lips, and he’d turn away, quickly bringing the glass to his lips. Whiskey, neat, wasn’t exactly something people would usually order. Most of the time, only old men such as he. It was understandable she’d be repulsed by the taste he claimed to be so ‘lovely’. But the way she drank--

”Hey--” Caius reached forth, his prosthetic knocking against the rim of her glass with a soft ‘clank’. His eyebrows furrowed into knots, mentally preparing himself that he’d most likely be the one sending this woman home. ”Meg." he called, "I’m not responsible if you black out.” he warned, releasing his grip around her glass and eventually returning his gaze to his own drink in hand. He wasn’t exactly buzzed, not quite yet, though it does feel nice now that the tension was released from his stiff shoulders.

“Weren’t you lonely, sitting by yourself?” Caius waved dismissively at her apology before falling silent. He wasn’t ignoring her, no. More so pondering on her question. Was he lonely? At times, yes. The silence haunts his mind when he’s alone in his own house, when he’s met with silence everytime the call dropped and he was met with the harsh ‘beep’. He was lonely when he woke up in the middle of the night, reaching for his wife only to realize that she was no longer there. Yes, he was lonely. But was he lonely when he was sitting alone in this place? ”No.” he paused, ”I’m used to it, if that’s what you’re wondering.”

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

ShadowStar369

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:55 pm
User Image

Cay thought it was pretty adorable when the woman began to look around, wondering if he was talking to someone else. He was such a sucker for that cliché shy act. "That typically happens at a social event," The wolf said jokingly, "You just gotta insert yourself is all." It was definitely easier for him since he's a PR guy and needs to get along with people to get places. Or maybe it was because he had no shame in interrupting people's conversations.

"No need to thank me, just statin' the obvious." As he took another sip from his drink, he made sure to keep his eye on her, liking, again, the shy way she acted. Another thing he liked was this drink! It tasted good and it was entertaining! The kid inside of him just kept on fiddling around with the tiny rubber shark, leaning against the bar to make himself more comfortable. He gave a light chuckle at that little slip-up of hers, with his hearing he definitely didn't miss it. "Why, thank you m'lady. It's nice to meet you too, Kalista. Name's Cayden." He joked around by talking in a snooty manner, liking to keep things nice and light. "So, how long have you been in Soleil? I've just gotten here a few days ago, actually." He's always wanted to live near a beach, it's definitely got a different vibe than riverside or lakeside living. There's so much more to do! "Been liking it so far, lots of beautiful scenery."

» withKalista

» outfitdrinking time

» statuslookin' for cuties

» monies$1000

Wind Hime Princess

fuestray

Faun

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:15 am
KALISTIA LE
"No matter what happens, I'll live happily until the end."

User Image

"I see, gotta be a little more assertive, huh?" She nodded thoughtfully before thinking about the person nearby. "I feel that you would have no trouble with that at all, which is a good thing, in my opinion." It was evident in the way he carried himself and how friendly he was.

Raising a brow, she then let out a soft laugh at his voice change in his introduction and couldn't help herself giving a reply. "My, you are quite welcome, good sir." It continued with a short moment of giggling before she calmed herself down to answer his next question properly, her hands idled with the coolness of the drink in her hands.

"Well, I think I came here not too long ago, but I'm not completely new as I did manage to visit many places in Soleil. There are a lot of interesting things to do here." She smiled, remembering the places she managed to visit, some intentional and some accidental. Her excitement rose with each reminisce. Soleil was so big! It was a wonder to figure out every nook and cranny around the city. Her wandering had started because she needed to find good sweet shops and maybe get to know the area a little before it turned into her wandering around and listening to stories about each store around here. Each experience was wonderful and she didn't mind it. "Ah, yes, especially the scenery, each area had its own beauty. Where have you visited?"

"It'll be interesting if we can go together. I heard that going with other people creates new experience altogether!" She blurted out her thoughts in her excitement and noticed her mistake, blushing in embarrassment. She tried to better the situation by adding another sentence, only succeeded in digging another hole for herself. Ugh, maybe he would think that she was weird now. "I-I mean, if you want to, of course! Wait, nevermind, that would be strange of me to suggest, so, um, please forget it!"

That was strange of her today to suggest something like that so suddenly. Was it the drink, the atmosphere? But she hadn't drunk that much. She opened her mouth to explain herself but thought better of it and brought up the drink to take a rather big sip of the cocktail. The stinging taste of alcohol made her eyes water a little, distracting her from her swirling imagination.

Money: $788.5
Mood: Ahhhhhhh
Clothing: Comfortable for event Flower braid
OOC:

mewkledreamy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:39 am
User Image
User Image

❝Yσu'vє lσѕt ѕσmєσnє αnd it hurtѕ. Yσu mαy hαvє lσѕt thєm ѕuddєnly, unєхpєctєdly. Or pєrhαpѕ yσu bєgαn lσѕing piєcєѕ σf thєm until σnє dαy, thєrє wαѕ nσthing lєft. Yσu mαy hαvє knσwn thєm αll yσur lifє σr yσu mαy hαvє bαrєly knσwn thєm αt αll.❞

He did it again! Laughed at her misery. She regretted mentioning his arm at all, since he’d given her nothing but grief since. She tried to salvage the situation only to make things worse for herself and have him snicker at her efforts. But she supposed that after her initial embarrassment, she didn’t mind his laughter. It was a nice laugh, hearty and true. It lacked the malice which was present when most people ridiculed her. Though she wished he wouldn’t do it quite so much, it was making it exceedingly difficult for her to recover from her little mishap. Her eyes of chocolate wonder drifted to the prosthetic arm she was exploring, and widened when his fingers moved to hold her hand in return. An excited little gasp escaped her and she watched as he let her go. His hand had been cool to touch, something she wasn’t used to. But it hadn’t been unpleasant. She lifted her gaze to his and smiled. That moment had been worth all those moments of crippling embarrassment she had experienced.
                                                        “A dog really did steal my shoe, though...” she mumbled as a last-ditch attempt to regain her far gone dignity. The shoe in question had been her left ballet shoe, one that had been brand new and absolutely beautiful, a reward to her from her father for not making a fool of herself during her first ever dance recital. Meg had worn them to her next practice, eager to show them off and finally make friends with the other girls who always admired the pretty costumes of the instructor. But to her dismay, they’d done the opposite and ostracised her instead for being so wealthy. In the end, angry with herself, she had thrown them in her locker and swapped to her old pair until she could bring herself to ignore the other students and wear them with pride. Unfortunately, after practice, she’d returned to the locker room to find a dog that belonged to one of the other girls eating her shoe. She’d tried to ask the dog to return it, but it had ignored her and run off with it. She never saw it again. But, karma was a funny thing. The next day she’d learnt that the dog had been sick in its owner’s designer bag and had stolen more shoes. She hadn’t taken pleasure in that knowledge, but it had made a small secret part of her feel a little better. Megara allowed her fingers to linger on the smooth metal of his left arm, savouring the moment just that little longer before she finally withdrew her hand.

”It is. But I’ve gotten used to it.”
                                                        She nodded with understanding, wondering just how heavy it was. Surely heavier than anything she could handle. He must be pretty strong to manage it so well and for so long. How long had he had it for? Had he ever considered getting a proper robotic arm like a part of those androids that her father had constantly mentioned? Those questions were far too inappropriate for their current level of acquaintanceship, so she decided to bite her tongue and make do with what she had. ”Why don’t you pull it up by the wrist.” She blinked with surprise, shooting him a questioning glance. Was he sure? Slowly, cautiously, she reached out to his outheld arm and did as he’d offered, finding it as heavy as she’d thought. Years of dancing had made her body stronger than it looked, but even still she was weak. But she tried lifting it nonetheless. A thought struck her suddenly and she bit the inside of her cheek to choke down a small chuckle of her own. She hoped he’d never accidentally hit himself in the face with his hand. She had done so on many occasions and could only imagine what it would have been like if she’d had a hand like his. It was horrible of her to laugh at such a thought, but she couldn’t help herself, though she tried to smother it as much as possible and managed to just break out into a cheeky grin instead. “I’m-.. sorry.” She apologised automatically, voice a little shaky as she recovered from her little bout of humour. She was the worst, wasn't she? What would Silas think? He’d have encouraged her to laugh and enjoy herself..

He’d called her beautiful and it took her some time to get the word out of her head. How shallow of her to cling onto the words of a stranger, but she didn’t get compliments often and held each and every one of them close to her heart. But he shouldn’t say things like that so easily. Someone might get the wrong idea, and she might let it go to her head and actually believe him..
                                                        ”You are.” She looked up from her lap. ”If not to most, then at least to me.” Her heart stopped and she stared at him for a tad too long before she averted her gaze and ducked her head, allowing her hair to fall forward and curtain her face. What was once pink was now the deep rose of a sunset sky. Her thoughts were a jumbled mess and her throat refused to work properly. She pressed a hand to her chest, feeling her heart beat rapidly against the confines of her skinny chest. “Th-Thank you..” She finally managed, staring fixedly at the bar bench before her because she was worried she’d die if she looked at him. What was wrong with her? Perhaps she’d downed her last drink a little too fast and it was finally catching up to her. Or maybe it was just simply that she wasn’t used to such attention from a stranger.

”Most likely so. They take after their mother, after all. But--” His children sounded adorable. ”They took after my personality.” She chuckled, bringing her hand to her lips. Yes, truly adorable. “They wouldn’t be short of friends, then.” She finally brought herself to face him and burst out laughing, unable to keep a straight face at the thought of two little girl versions of him running around. She could tell that he held great love for the two of them just from the way he looked when he spoke about them. Her laughter faded and a sad light entered her eyes as she took a small sip of her.. whiskey, was it? She didn’t actually know, but it was bitter stuff. Meg wished that she’d had a father like him. Even if only for a short while. A parental figure that actually cared about her as a person. Someone who would let her live and make mistakes as she wished, play with other kids.. Of course, she didn’t actually know how he took care of his kids, but he had the feeling that wherever they are they were happy. And he ruined the moment by snickering at her again. She watched him turn away from her and take a drink. What was it this time? She pouted a little but otherwise ignored his antics. She shouldn’t take offence to every little thing, she wasn’t her mother.

”Meg." She lifted her head obediently and looked over at him as he took hold of her glass. Was it just her or did everything seem a little brighter? She liked the way he said her name, too. "I’m not responsible if you black out.” Oh no, was this the alcohol taking effect? Was she drunk? She didn’t think she had been there that long! But obviously something was amiss if Caius was saying something. She mutely watched his serious expression and frowned, reflecting on the situation at hand. She must have drunk a bit more than she’d realised, having been caught up in the feeling of companionship she had experienced.. Oh no, he probably wouldn’t speak to her again after this! He probably thought her a drunk, even if she’d never been drunk in her whole life.. “Ah- yes.. No, I mean...” He let go of her glass and she sighed, trying to work out what she was trying to say. This was frustrating. “Don’t worry, I won’t pass out. I, um.. I guess I got a little carried away. But, um.. I was going to take a break after this one. Thank you for your concern, though.” She finally responded, pushing her glass a little further out of her reach. She should just enjoy the little buzz while it lasted and stop trying to keep it going. She knew better than this. She was usually the responsible one. Inwardly, she berated herself while he waved off her question and came up with an answer for her.

”No.”
                                                        She took another slow sip. ”I’m used to it, if that’s what you’re wondering.” How could someone get used to the feeling of being alone? She never had. Throughout her whole life it had been like a thorn in her side, embedding itself deeper into her skin the older she got until it was almost unbearable. She hated being alone, even if that’s how she found herself most days. But she supposed he was stronger than her, so that was probably why he could shoulder the burden that was dragging her under. It was somewhat inspiring, really, and a part of her wanted to be like that one day. A short silence overcame her while she contemplated his words until she finally straightened and shot him a sweet smile, already preparing herself for rejection.

“Thank you for.. everything. I’m just going to get some air.. maybe sober up a little before I finish my drink, um.. would you maybe like to accompany me?”

COMPANY → [Caius 🌸]
                        FEELING → [Tipsy, panicked]
                        DATING → [...]
                        OOC → [...]

yo punny nut

ShadowStar369

Opinionated Waffles

Genkawolf

Aged Member

18,540 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Powerful Legion 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:36 am
User Image

User Image

╔══════════════╗

Patrick noticed everyone was talking to someone, "Really am the odd one out. I'm not the sort of person who is desperate to interrupt while people are mingling" he thought as he tastes his lavender lemonade. He liked how the drink was different than the typical lemon and that also goes for pink lemonade too. "I suppose this is fate telling me these are the sort of people I shouldn't get to know or hang around. Considering how easy it is that I go unnoticed sort of points in that direction. At the very least I haven't interacted with bad or the wrong kinds of people while living in this town" he thought finishing up most of his drinks. Considering frying some pickles back at home for an occasional snack. All this chatter he was hearing was starting to make him reach his limit sooner in being in such a crowded place.
╚══════════════╝

ᏞᎾᏟᎪᏆᎥᎾᏁ: The Shimmering Starfish.sᏆᎪᏆus: Single.mᎾᎾᎠ:pondering.mᎾᏁᎬᎽ: $573.10. ᎪᏟᏟᎾmᏢᎪᏁᎽᎥᏁᎶ hᎥm:his sleeping kitten, Hiro otherwise alone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:54 pm
User Image

User Image

1105 Etoile Housing District

네가 가까워지면 ..

╔══⚸*:・゚✧☾ ☥ ❦ ☥ ☽*:・゚✧⚸══╗

Esmée grinned and laughed licking her lips, "Well it is honestly rather fun. Just being able to run free as an animal is exciting although the first time I did it I was kinda freaked out. I love to prowl around at night as a cat, just seeing the sights from a different view point and napping the the afternoon light isn't too bad either. Oh and I'd love to take a run across the beach as a wolf. I've done that before when I lived in Greece, only place that beats this one actually, and I absolutely love the way the sand feels on my paws. It's a completely different feeling than with my feet. Plus I might've been able to play a few tricks on people which can be really fun." Then a small frown crossed her face. "Though I do have to be careful. when in either of those forms. If for some reason I get caged or trapped I can't turn back. Soo it might be a gamble if for some reason someone thinks I'm a stray. Thankfully that's never happened but you never know." she said with a shrug. She didn't even really wanna think of that happening, the thought was kind of terrifying but she was able to quickly shake it out of her mind. It was never good to have bad thoughts when trying to have a good time.

Her eyes lit up a bit when Millie talked about wanting to be a cat, an idea whirling in her head. "Well you might just be in luck with that. See I could make you a potion that'd allow you to shapeshift for a day, I certainly have the recipe in my spell book back home.. If you want it that is. Far be it for me to force something on someone." she said sitting back in her chair with her drink feeling a light buzz start to kick in, which was always good. She enjoyed brewing up things for people but only if given the consent, it was an honor thing really. Unless she was really close to the person and just doing a small prank on them. Esmée blinked as she looked up with her straw in her mouth. Setting the glass down she giggled and twirled a strand of hair with a light blush dusting her cheeks. "Oh no no I'm not waiting for a date at all! I just like to get dressed up for events, or just in general. Goodness knows I have enough cute or pretty clothes in my closet." She hadn't had any sort of romantic relationship since Velvet died despite what her flirty attitude might let on. While she was still sad for the lost of her love she knew it'd be healthy for her to move on. That had been the whole reason for moving here, a fresh start and state of mind. Her, former, sensible other half would've told her that exact same thing. Vel always was more grounded than me.. I hope you're in a better place love..' she thought wistfully, running her finger around the rim of her glass. "But goodness knows I'd be more than happy to go on a date with any of the lovelies that live in this city, I've always been a lover at heart~" she purred out with a playful wink.

╚══⚸*:・゚✧☾ ☥ ❦ ☥ ☽*:・゚✧⚸══╝

╔.♄.═════════╗
ღ My Money: $923 ღ My Location: Shimmering Starfish ღ My Company: Millie ღ My Relationship: Single ღ My Outfit: Event + Makeup & Hair ღ My Thoughts: This is going to be fun! ღ My Mood: Cheerful ღ My Inventory: Purse
ღ My Profile: Right Here! My Job: N/A

ღ ❝OOC❞:
AnnoyedPanda

Quote:

╚═════════.♄.╝

나는 너에게 마법을 쓸거야.

KawaiiYukiHime

Colorful Cutie-Pie

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:22 pm
                User ImageUser Image
                                                              "I-I-I do-...No I wasn't-..." Oh god! Millie face lit up like a traffic light. She turned away from the woman, her gaze unable to focus on her any longer. Flustered! This woman was way better at flirting than anything she could pull out of her hat and when she did, she didn't even realize she was doing it. How do people have so much confidence? Was she even flirting with her? Or was this just how her personality was? Millie didn't have a problem with it, it's just she wasn't sure how to deal with it. If she were with her friends back home, she could easily play along; no problem. Here? Where she knew absolutely no one? The blushing bartender threw herself into a standing position as she tried to find something, anything, to calm herself down. In her embarrassed state a faint, blue glow outlined her body as balls of blue fire formed around her. It was like her science class in college all over again! Stepping away from the bar a few steps, she tried to swat at the fire to go away. Go away! There was was an obviously frustrated screech from the bluenette before she finally gave up and let them float around her. Still rather flustered, now because of the blue balls of fire she couldn't get rid of, Millie side glanced back to Esmée. Now she must think her a freak. There was no way she could recover smoothly from something like that!

Sliding back up to the bar, Millie thinned her lips, still blushing as her eyes continued to look anywhere but Esmée's face. Maybe there was a subtle way she could turn this around? Ya know, like hints to drop. She wasn't upset if Esmée was indeed flirting with her, she just wasn't used to such things. Everywhere she went, she was just another face in the crowd to be ignored. A better watcher than instigator, Millie would have much rather preferred to sit in a dark corner and watch how people interacted. It was all very flattering! Just very, extremely, unexpected. Opening, and then closing her mouth, Millie turned her back to the attractive woman and began reaching for a Collins glass, mixer and various alcohols and juices. "Here I am, someone who hates to dress up," she finally spoke up, squinting from the light of the blue fire floating next to her. From behind her glasses, the glare made it hard to see just what she was doing. Other than just hating her monster of a mother, she hated the crazy powers that came with it. "Give me a tank, no bra, giant hoodie and leggings any day," she chuckled as she began mixing. 4 cl vodka. 2 cl peach schnapps. 4 cl orange juice. 4 cl cranberry juice.

Shaking the ingredients together, Millie placed the glass onto the bar in front of Esmée with an awkward smile. Pouring the cocktail into the glass, she set the mixer into the sink and grabbed an orange slice to garnish with. "Sex on the Beach? On me." Her smile faded into a blank expression as she realized just what that sounded like. Dropping her head onto the bar, she groaned rather loudly at her own stupidity. Placing her arms on the bar to hold her upper body up, she slowly brought up her bright red face to look at her company. "I meant-..." she paused as she thought about her next words. Maybe she should just forgo the conversation altogether. Try and salvage anything she could. "If you're willing, I'd totally love to have you mix me a position- I mean potion!" she shouted trying to correct herself. Where does she go from here?

「 ☞ OOC: 「 ☞ MONEY: $990.25 xxxx

KawaiiYukiHime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:25 am
User Image

I'm feeling indifferent. || I'm speaking to Megara. || I'm wearing casual attire || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

He held his breath while she ran her fingers in tender caress over his lifeless robotic limb, letting it out in a sigh of relief when cold fingers gently entwined against hers in a tender hold, eliciting a surprised gasp from her glossy lips. “A dog really did steal my shoe, though...” she insisted, soft words laced with stubbornness in attempt to take back what remains of her shattered dignity. He’d choose to remain silent, letting her take the win she had tried so desperately to claim. Hazel browns focused into the golden browns of his drink that mildly reflected the blurry silhouette of his rugged figure. All else fell onto deaf ears, pupils dilating beneath the dim lights flickering upon the ceiling. Time paused, and everything was so quiet, so still. He could almost feel the ghostly hands of his beloved reaching for him from behind. “Caius.” her voice was always softspoken in moments they were alone, slender arms trailing up the stiff muscles of his shoulders, then down the front of his chest. Eventually trapping him in her loving embrace. Long, wavy auburn locks tickled against his scarred skin, and he’d turn around, gaze welcomed by the small, growing bulge of her belly. His gaze fogged, and he quickly took another gulp of his drink, reliving the memories of his past thay flashed before his eyes so clearly, as though he could still hear her whispers by his ear. Calloused skin ran across the smooth, pale skin of her baby’s bump, pressing warm lips upon her cool skin. “Sei il grande amore della mia vita.” You are the love of my life. clear gaze flicked upwards to meet her endearing emerald greens, and he’d cup her unblemished cheeks. Lost in her nature greens, a rare smile curved the edges of his lips as he whispered words of endearment in a hushed whisper. Chapped lips met hers soft ones, and he could feel her smile against him.

”Nei tuoi occhi c’è il cielo.” Heaven is in your eyes. He spoke aloud, still, in a hushed down barely audible through the noisy chattering of the growing crowd. ”Ti amo tanto.” I love you so much.

He hadn’t been paying attention, until the sound of her crisp laughter resonated against the soft music in the background. And the ticking clock of his reality had begun moving once more. He’d vaguely wonder what drew out such lighthearted laughter from her lips, and when was the last time he was able to laugh over such trivial matters with a smile cracking from ear to ear, with tears hanging from the corners of his eyes. In that moment, he’d wonder if he ever could at all, without the weight of reality weighing heavier down upon his shoulders after the small moment of ‘make-believe’. He hadn’t been able to after taking so many lives. How could he laugh when others were grieving the loss of a loved one, of lives he selfishly took through the red crosshair of his scope. He shook his head dismissively at her apology, answering with all but a small, melancholic smile. He fell silent, allowing a mildly awkward silence to overcome them both, until he felt a pair of gaze uncomfortably burning into his skin. Great was the widower’s surprise when clouded orbs was met with a pair of dazed chocolates. It was Caius’ turn to stare, and he did so in confusion. ”What-?” he asked, and in return, he received a bashful gratitude. Awkward, and bathed in mild embarrassment, color slowly seeped into his tanned features, and he’d turn away, cold robotic arms half shielding his reddening features from pairs of watchful gaze.

They sat in silence within short moments passed, each with their own thoughts, until the subject of his twins were brought up again. ”Ha!” exasperated laugh escaped his lips. Friends? They scared most of them off before having the chance to befriend any of them ”They scare the kids off, I’ll tell you. Rayne got into a fight yesterday from what I’ve heard.” the less hot-headed one out of the two, but aggressive nonetheless. They loved to play wrestle, putting one another in a head lock. His brother called to complain, and the man could do nothing but listen to his lecture, knowing he was guilty for teaching them such things whenever they came to Soleil for a short stay. ”But they’re my kids, alright. I’d have sock that kid, too, when I was their age.” rowdy, unrefined, and aggressive. The older male never seemed to grow out of his bad habits, and he feared his girls would end up the same as he.

“We’ll marry papa when we grow up!” they said at first, “I want to marry someone like papa!” they said after. And how he pray they wouldn’t. They can marry anyone but someone like him.

“Ah- yes.. No, I mean...” she panicked, and he’d vaguely wonder if he had spoken in a tone a tad too harsh. A quiet sigh escaped her lips, and a shadow of guilt darkened his hazel browns. “Don’t worry, I won’t pass out. I, um.. I guess I got a little carried away. But, um.. I was going to take a break after this one. Thank you for your concern, though.” she answered, the friction of her glass against the polished surface filtering out the noise of the establishment before -one again- shrouded by an awkward atmosphere. Still, he’d offer to send her home should she get too tipsy to head back on her own accord.

“Thank you for.. everything. I’m just going to get some air.. maybe sober up a little before I finish my drink,” she began, and should that be her call of departure, he’d bid her farewell, but once more, she’d throw him off guard with requests and questions he least anticipated. “Um.. would you maybe like to accompany me?” he remained silent while he fiddled mindlessly with the whiskey glass in hand, watching the way the liquid slanted on one side, coating the surface in a glistening sheen. With a quiet grunt, he downed the remains of his drink in a go, and he felt satisfied, like the small final touches that completed a masterpiece, a last piece of a complicated puzzle falling into place. Like the achievement of putting the golden star on the top of the christmas tree. He pushed himself up, and away from the counter, bringing his right hand up to rub against his stiff neck while he rolled his shoulders. Hazel browns returned to hers, reaching a hand into his pocket to rummage for the familiar sounds of his bike keys. He drew them out, waving it in front of her. ”I was thinking of going on a short ride after that glass. It’s probably not the stroll you wanted, but..” long legs carried him to the entrance of the establishment, overhead bell jinglling while he pulled the door open. He’d stand aside should she choose to follow him, ”how does a slow ride down to the beach sound?”

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

ShadowStar369

PUMMMY

Trash

ShadowStar369

Opinionated Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:33 am
User Image
User Image

“My darling Megara, won’t you write to me while I’m away?” Of course, but.. I don’t understand why you have to leave. “I’m growing old, my love. You are young still, there is a lot you won’t understand until you have grown.” Dont be ridiculous, you and I are the same. Age has nothing to do with it, don’t make excuses! “Megara, my sweet. Take pity on this old man and promise me you’ll write when you can.” No! ... yes-.. always. Just please... please promise you won’t leave me alone. “I’m sorry, Cherie. Everyone has their time to depart and I’ve almost reached mine. But rest easy, although I may not be by your side, you’ll never be alone.” .. promise you’ll return to me. “I cannot, my dear. I have never lied to you before and I don’t intend to start now.” Please, lie to me this once.

That had been the last time she’d spoken with her husband before he forbade her to visit him at the hospital. They’d argued most of the time, cried some, laughed little. Had she known he wasn’t getting better, she’d have stopped herself from begging him to stay, from making his decision harder to make. She used to write to him each day, delivering them to the nurse herself and spending each night weeping over the ones he sent in return. Of course, after a few days his handwriting declined and was soon replaced with a woman’s cursive, a nurse taking over he strain of writing for him. She’d sealed each letter with a kiss, her favourite lipstick staining the pristine paper. After his death, she’d kept the letters and found herself sick at the particular shade of lipstick ever since. The brunette brought a finger to her lips and bit gently, pushing such depressing thoughts to the back of her mind. What had made her think of that time in the first place? It was probably just her mind reminding her not to have too good a time. For no matter how much fun she had, escaping in the presence of others, she always returned home to crippling sorrow. Distractedly, she glanced over to her companion, seeing that he too was lost in thought. She wondered if he was thinking of his late wife, as she had thought of her husband. Not that it mattered what was on his mind, that stuff was private and not hers to ask about.

”Ti amo tanto.” Megara had heard his rough voice, but not the words he spoke, only managing to catch the last part. She identified the language as Italian but hadn’t heard him clearly enough to make out what he had said. Should she say something? After a moment’s indesicion, she decided against it and just sipped quietly on her drink, allowing silence to fall in the little bubble that seemed to surround them. Since she’d aporoached him, Meg was ashamed to admit that she hadn’t paid notice to anyone other. After a time, he seemed to return from the lost world in his mind and to her, seemed a little disoriented at first. As she usually was after reliving a memory. He gave her a sad smile that made her look away. It was almost heartbreaking, to see someone so strong with an expression of melancholy such as that. She wondered what her own had looked like, probably nothing that different from her usual expression of grief. Some days, it was hard to feel anything but.

Finally the mood seemed to lighten a little at the subject of his children. Megara was amazed that their shared melancholy hadn’t made the whole bar depressed, but perhaps it had just been them. She watched with concealed wonder as his features seemed to soften while he thought of his twins.
                                                        ”They scare the kids off, I’ll tell you. Rayne got into a fight yesterday from what I’ve heard.” The childless widow hid a smile behind her hand at the image those words conjured. For some reason she could picture it all too vividly. “Then they are strong and beautiful.” She murmured, not wanting to speak too loud in case she broke the lighthearted mood that had overcome them. ”But they’re my kids, alright. I’d have sock that kid, too, when I was their age.” She couldn’t help the musical chuckle that escaped her at that statement. She’d never heard anything like it! “What did that child do?” She questioned incredulously, eyes lit with amusement and smile still hidden behind a hand. Did children usually go around fighting with other children? She’d never experienced anything to that degree. But then, she’d been pretty much homeschooled after her mother discovered her talent for dance.

After so selfishly asking him to continue providing her company, Megara was unable to quite look him in the eye. There was a slightly uncomfortable silence in which she knew he was trying to come up with a good excuse to decline. It was sweet of him, but he needn’t bother. She shouldn’t have gotten so caught up in the moment and asked such a thing. Who would want to keep company with a bore like her? Megara lifted her chin and opened her mouth to tell him that it was okay, that he didn’t have to do anything of the sort, but the words died in her throat as he got to his feet, a man with a purpose. Momentarily confused, she numbly followed his lead and finished her drink before facing once more, trying to make sense of his actions. Was he leaving too? She hoped she hadn’t turned him off the establishment. It was really a rather nice place. The dancer stared in mute astonishment as he waved a pair of keys in her face and looked down at her. He was a lot bigger than she’d realised.
                                                        ”I was thinking of going on a short ride after that glass. It’s probably not the stroll you wanted, but..” Wait.. did that mean..? “Y-you actually want to.. spend time with me?” She asked dumbly, voice barely more than a whisper. Sliding off her seat and feeling a little short as she grabbed her purse and followed him to the door. ”how does a slow ride down to the beach sound?” She gazed up at him with wide eyes, lips parted with awe and pink still colouring her cheeks from her earlier bout of blushing. “It sounds perfect..” Realising what she’d said, she elaborated, hoping he wouldn’t make fun of her again. “I-I mean, I’ve never ridden on a bike before and.. But it sounds nice.” She finished lamely, hiding her face behind her hands as she exited the building, hoping he wouldn’t change his mind after realising how incredibly slow she could be at times. “Is it-.. is it anything like riding a horse?” She was genuinely curious now, and hoped the question wasn’t too stupid.

COMPANY → [Caius 🌸]
                        FEELING → [Tipsy, panicked]
                        DATING → [...]
                        OOC → [...]

yo punny nut

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:41 am
User Image

I'm feeling peaceful. || I'm speaking to Megara. || I'm wearing casual attire || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

Days like this, his wedding ring weighed even heavier on his finger, dulled from its usual shine, to a soft bronze. He had never once taken it off of his finger, ‘cept the moment his mind was dark, and ears ringing from the impact of an explosive blast while his mind struggled to come to terms with his spinning vision. Even then, when unspeakable pain overwhelmed him at the burnt tissue of what was once his left arm, he dragged his battered body, while a hand desperately felt around for the familiar rounded surface of his wedding band, for the one thing that linked him to home.

“Welcome home, darling.” and that was the mark of his very downfall. What would his troops think if they saw the person they held in high regards, nicknamed ‘the black mamba’ for his immediate, and deadly kills: where the sniper bullet, like the fangs of a venomous snake punctures the flesh of his targets. What would they say should they find him in such a disheveled state?

“Then they are strong and beautiful.” beautiful they are, but strong.. ”I worry they’re maturing too quickly for their age.” they’re only eight years old, and they’ve already possessed a maturity no child should have at their age, and Caius blamed himself for the circumstances they were forced to grow up in, without the accompaniment of both their birth parents by their side. She voiced her curious question, and he heaved a frustrated sigh. ”Said my daughters were orphaned at birth. They live with their uncle, so naturally, I don’t get to see them much.” but given his circumstances, he couldn’t be the perfect father figure even if he wished to. He was mentally unstable, and he had lost custody of his own children. It was a price he had to pay for his many foolish decisions. ”I heard they were picked on for a while, and I guess it just tipped her over the edge. It’s wrong to hit another person, but hey, she stood up to him. I’m proud.” he laughed, recalling the way her voice cracked when she tried to explain what happened through muffled cries, and stuffed nose. “Did you really abandon us, papa?” she asked, despite knowing the answer. “Mai in vita mia.” Never in my life. He answered immediately. It was painful to think such a thought would ever come close enough to strike their minds.

”But I’ve booked the flight back home a week from now. I have to. I need to.”

It was only understandable that she had assumed he was leaving when he all but flashed her a conflicted expression. He chuckled, placing a hand over his mouth, and running his fingers down the sides of his jaw. “Y-you actually want to.. spend time with me?” she questioned, and he’d flash her a quizzical look. ”What are you talking about?” he paused, ”Weren’t you the one who invited me?” a smile teased the edges of his mouth, laughing when her mind had finally registered what he was trying to say. Clutching her purse and finally pushing herself off the bar stool, he was finally met with the height difference that varied greater than what he had expected. With the top of her head that barely passed the top of his shoulder, his figure easily towered over hers. My, she’s fairly small.

It was a short walk downhill to where his bike was parked, clumsy hands coming round to tug the plain flannel shirt off his larger build before draping it over her small shoulders. ”It’ll be cold.” he said, stopping before a black triumph cruiser. A 2010 model, but still well-kept in a proper condition. He swung a leg over the leather seat, twisting his keys to start up the loud rumble of his engine. “Is it-.. is it anything like riding a horse?” her tone held a hint of innocence, yet at the same time, adventurous and curious. Caius reached for his helmet and passed it to her, laughing at her naive question. ”Why don’t you find out?” he urged, holding out a hand for her to hold onto should she need a support to settle on the seat behind him. With one leg on the pedal while the other supported the weight, he’d peek over the edge of his shoulder in search of her smaller figure.

”Hold on to me when you’re ready.” the gentle breeze blew against his ash browns, and for once, the wind took away what worries weighed down upon his shoulders. Perhaps it was because of the liquour. Perhaps it was the company, and the soft music playing on the radio. Perhaps, even a little of both.

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

ShadowStar369

PUMMMY

Trash

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28 pm
AnnoyedPanda

whiters4

User Image

OOC: -- //Profile: Here //Mood: Curious; Social //Wearing: Something Casual //Money: $1000

Before the cutie pie of a bartender could answer, a secondary customer, one beside her, had decided the question was meant for himself. She clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth, turning her gaze whilst her head kept in place. An eyebrow cocked. "I didn't realize human ears were a rarity." She teased as a soft snort accompanied the statement. It was a rather odd thing to confuse himself with - all things considered, she hadn't seen a dual pair of ears atop the blond's head. "Unless you mean the invisible ones that I can't see?" She smiled slightly and leaned back in confidence. Her bubblegum-esque locks fell heavy over her shoulders, cascading down the back of her semi-transparent midriff top. Her fingers grazed over the immediate condensation against the bottom of the rocks glass before she brought it to her lips. Already the sharp sting of bourbon cleared her airways. She could feel the burn before the first sip even managed to meet her pursed lips. "Mmmm~" She pressed the thresholds together, suckling them in and savoring the amber liquid over her tongue. Finally she swallowed, running her tongue slowly over her bottom lip whilst she played with the itty bitty half sized straw. Around it went in circles, shifting the ice around. Already she liked this place.

Her head turned at the feel of warmth against her human "disguise"; if she could really call it that. It was a necessity to live in this world. A gentle bass dropped from the speakers and she snickered. "Were you expecting something different?" Her mouth parted, flashing the edges of her two front teeth. Along the particular area the skin tone was replaced by red coloration - a mixture between his crimson gaze and her hair. His fingers would sink against and inside of her wrist, swallowing the appendages easily to his knuckles before forcing them out within seconds later and returning to the appearance of that of a human -- regular, if not dainty, and unbudging skin. Without hesitation or breaking eye contact, she pressed her arches along the rungs of the bar stool and lightly gripped along Loki's ears. She had stood up taller than she needed to, and perhaps purposefully leaned a little too close when it came to her chest and his vision, but focused primarily on his ears. They were soft, like that of a microfiber blanket. Her fingers felt along the tip, and stroked slowly down to their base using everything but her pinky. Thicker than she expected. Slowly she slid back to sit back down, hitching one leg over the other. The arm Lysander touched had yet to move, still locked in place as she slowly turned back to look at Loki.

User Image

● Downtown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games