Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ❧ [ Hidden Leaf Village } Konohagakure
❧ || Environment: Forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenshuyami

Obsessive Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:52 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~ I feel like laughing- a metempsychosis like this where you can suddenly bubble up and softly disappear. If you want to be loved, say it out loud. Just thinking about it won't convey it. Even the eternal maiden looks away, and heaven moves further away from us.

"Tch." His first reaction to Reihai's outburst was to suck his teeth, but then the irritation was replaced with a smile soon after. It was silly, trying to get upset over such things. Some people don't need to be saved. Lies, cover-ups. They can work too. Temporarily. I hope he knows that. Soraru thought, wondering what he should say. The guy was ticked, and also quite unsure of himself. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have had that slip of paper in the first place. The more the Chuunin spoke, the more his composure began to crumble, and Soraru was going to interrupt him before a familiar voice made itself known. "Hokori..." He breathed out, watching the former teammate that he hadn't seen in quite awhile start to pick himself up, the familiar clinking of glass accentuating his delicacy as it always had. His hair was longer, and he still looked tired. He tried to resolve the situation, but Soraru was much tenser than he'd been just moments ago.

He wasn't expecting Hokori to be awake when he said all that just seconds ago. He hoped that it was Reihai's shouting that woke him up, but Soraru still had to be sure.

Dropping the issue for the moment, he saw that the Chuunin was quite accepting of Hokori's options. If only he listened in the first place instead of lashing out. He thought harshly, but he supposed that he probably would have freaked out too if he was caught by a samurai from Tetsu no Kuni back when he made his escape all those years ago. Reihai probably had his whole entire life turned upside down ever since he met his mother. She was gone, and he had a whole scenario unfolding that he never wanted. I feel for him. But Hokori-san is wrong.

It took a lot of effort for him to stay silent. He wanted to tell Reihai that it wasn't going to be easy. That someone would find out one day, just like he did. That there was only so much a stand-in kage could do if a noble clan caught wind of the circumstances. If Soraru had a son and got caught the very next day, he'd have to make the choice between leaving his child behind or making him the heir after his own rule. Thankfully, I don't think Konoha politics are nearly as severe. Maybe I'm just forcing the fears of my own situation onto him. The only overbearing clan he heard of in the past in Konoha was the Hyuuga, who would brand their members and arrange their whole lives, from their social class to arranged marriages. The Antei, from his interaction with the head of their clan, did not seem so cruel.

"Stop apologizing, Kōka-san. Just move on, and accept that life has consequences. Good luck." He spoke after Hokori told the man to go, gesturing with his hand as well for Reihai to leave. He heard his name come from the younger Kumogakure shinobi and froze for a moment. It was rare to hear "Soraru-san" from many people, given that he preferred Hiraite. Honō was one of the few exceptions and one of the fewer people that he decided to consider a friend. He waited for Reihai to leave before saying anything. "I don't see why not, Hokori-san. Stay still for a moment though, please." He preferred to call Honō by his family name, if only because excessive displays of familiarity wasn't something that he was comfortable with.

He brought his right hand up to his lips, murmuring a near silent mantra into the prayer beads there. His eyes closed, and he worked on entering a mindset of care. Thoughts of recovery, wanting to help, sympathy. Thinking of how his friend was struck and remembering the blood that he wiped with his own hands helped expedite the process of entering the State of Healing. Hono would likely feel a bit of numbness at his small wound before being overtaken by a wave of calm rushing through him. It was akin to the longest breeze on a hot day, or the satisfaction of having water after a long exercise with no hydration. It was relief in its most simple form. "This is probably my favorite Hakemoto state to be in. It's a shame that it wears me out so fast, but healing that wound is worth the effort. I'm no medic, but I should be able to stop it from swelling or hurting at all." He spoke, opening his eyes after to reveal the abnormal glow that occurred whenever he was in one of the states.

"What did you want to talk about, Hokori-san?" Ideally, it would be about the mission. He had a couple of things he still wanted to say as well in that regard.

The truth is not what you want it to be. It is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.

[ Hakemoto Monk | C-Rank | Bukijutsu/Bukijutsu | Genin | Chakra 1,065/1,065 | Stamina 465/465 ]

BlackFruity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:56 pm
User Image
Honō Hokorii
[ "A supplement to all others, yet weak on its own." ]
                  Servile are the actions. . .
                    Honō's submissive posture keeps the other Kumo shinobi in the peripherals of their moss green eyes, not believing appropriate to maintain direct eye contact now that the shock and surprise of the moment has passed. Now, there was an aura of acquiescence to the Hokori; a defence mechanism the Hari clan member instinctually turns to, be it around the familiar and non. And did this situation bring about many memories of the familiar... Honō did not offer any more words after Soraru had given the Konoha chuunin the sign it was okay to leave their care, but it was the lack of what the Hakemoto was saying, of doing, that told Honō what he needed to know. He was certainly a well-sought-after aid, for he knew he could not ask what was needed without risking the undoing of the mission given to him.

With Reihai gone, Honō resettles himself with minimal movement to show his attention was to Soraru instead now. And the aura of acquiescence no-longer held an underlying desperation of forgiveness - though that never truly leaves the Hokori through his waking moments. Sometimes his sleeping ones as well. The request to remain still was acknowledge with a servile response of 'of course' and the settling of moss-green eyes to half-mast. As the Hakemoto state began to work itself into Honō's wound, a numbness took over the small, dull throb of the split to the bottom corner of his thin lips, and the sharp cut to a cheek bone. It reminded the glass worker of the menthol-cold burn of the balm he would keep in his room for the bruises he did not need to worry about having healed immediately, but prevented him a restful sleep. So much of home was being found this week.

When Soraru made it clear he had completed his task, Honō allowed his eyes to open and lift enough to look no higher than his fellow Kumo nin's cheekbones - a familiar action for both of them. Even with the temptation of the Hakemoto glow, Honō never willingly oversteps the bounds, especially with a mission flavouring their actions. "Thank you for your care. Soraru-kun." Honō gives a bow - a common, and frequent, method of expressing the Hokori's gratitude. On righting himself, however, the slant of his shoulders signalled a shift in tone to the interaction. "I failed to report to Hokage Shi-sama this morning. My apologies for taking your time with my failings, Soraru-kun." It was still with deliberate effort that Honō used self-referencing words like 'I' and 'my,' but it was something now deemed 'safe' in the Hokori's mind - amongst certain individuals, anyway. Honō bowed once again, deeper this time, hair trailing forward, slipping with a sound of silk over cotton. It had not seen a cut since before the long endeavour into the mountains with Wanryoku and Raikage Kaileer-sama. And Honō had... grown fond of its length. It was a selfish thing to have, and impractical in the forge, but Honō had been told it is okay to want. To have something for himself. So he kept this.

"I have caused distress, not only for yourself, but for Kumogakure in the eyes of Konohagakure as well." A servant repents their mistake by acknowledging the extent of their mistake. "I will work to bring the confidence and trust of the villages back into myself and my actions." Honō did not offer excuses nor reasons - a mistake had been made, explaining it in details will not erase it. Especially when the reasoning was personal - too much of home. Too much of the young heir Honō once served in body and actions. "I will convey my apologies to Hokage Shi-sama as well." A heartbeat pause, and the white-haired genin straightened their posture to a still-humble height. But how much has Soraru unearthed? How can Honō work to the best interests for the Antei and the respect of privacy from both the clan and the village?

"I suggested to Reihai-san that he takes the truth to Hokage Shi-sama." Honō begins to explain, deliberately without detail, hoping to curve any potential damage without revealing his own hand. Without his realising, Honō's eyes go distant. The familiarity of this situation was strong - almost comforting. A well-worn cloak Honō has donned many times now. "And that Hokage Shi-sama bring in the involved clan head for a proposal that may benefit all parties. Whether Reihai has accepted this, or wishes a different outcome, I cannot say for certain."

x 375/375ch x x 375/375st x tab

Tenshuyami

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

Tenshuyami

Obsessive Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:16 am
User Image

~ I feel like laughing- a metempsychosis like this where you can suddenly bubble up and softly disappear. If you want to be loved, say it out loud. Just thinking about it won't convey it. Even the eternal maiden looks away, and heaven moves further away from us.

Soraru nearly laughed, but he knew that he needed to maintain concentration. He realized that he never healed the Hokori before, so it was no surprise that the other man had begun moving once more. The movement was fine, so much as it wasn't anything large. The state of healing wasn't like other restoration techniques, it took time while removing the need for any physical contact. The wound would not only stop swelling, but it would also disappear in its entirety. Honō moved only for subtle things such as turning or bowing, and Soraru was silently grateful. He listened to him give thanks and then apologize, showcasing the mannerisms that the runaway heir was very familiar with. Even though they never had a direct conversation about it, he could gather that the Hokori male was likely low-born in a prestigious family. Maybe he didn't know all the details, but he knew that Honō was familiar enough with serving others in a way that could be considered professional. Unfortunately, he couldn't express to his friend that it made him uncomfortable. Not without bringing questions to the surface that would linger for too long, since Honō was too polite to ask him directly. It was better for both of them if he just got used to it.

He could have interrupted Honō, stopped him from repenting, but he opted to listen instead. It wasn't self-destructive or demeaning at all, it was just the Hokori's way of saying that he made an error. The lack of excuses was refreshing, but it did leave him curious as to what happened for the two days that he hadn't been heard from. He knew that Honō was unconscious for most of the current day, but there was still a large window of time that hadn't been accounted for. Was Reihai on a mission and he was waiting for his return? Was there another lead that Soraru missed? It escapes me, but I'm sure it'll be on his report once everything is wrapped up. His thoughts turned to the stand-in Hokage when Honō mentioned his name. He was sure that Shi would be pleased with the outcome. No fights, a mostly discreet process, and an ending that benefited all parties. Reihai would likely be favored in the end, since he could just go through the process of being disowned if it ended up reaching that point. He wasn't raised by the Antei family and was old enough to have a say in his own life. Soraru only hoped that he wouldn't need to be there for the Hokage's proposal, but something told him that his mission wasn't over just yet.

"It's quite difficult to report to the Hokage when you're unconscious, Hokori-san. I'm just glad that he only struck you. It could've been a lot worse." He sighed, breaking any eye contact for the moment to look at anything else. The peaceful sight of the lake, the grass, the pattern left on the ground from Reihai's bag. It wasn't like Soraru to worry- to show worry, but he couldn't stop thinking of the blood on the counter. How quickly life was taken back on that mission in Kumogakure's mountains. "You need to be more concerned with your safety. If not for your own sake, then for mine." It was short, sweet, and a whole lot less detached anything else he usually said. It was also over just as soon as the words had made themselves known, the Hakemoto monk shaking his head as if it'd clear the air of any possible insinuations before he returned eye contact again.

"Anyways, Kōka-san should be fine from here on out. It'd be a lot worse for him if he ended up leaving the village. Whatever the outcome is from the Hokage's proposal, it's a consequence for the actions he took. I think he knows that." All of the village politics regarding Reihai's nobility were out of either of their hands. Soraru would get paid, he'd get another mission, and then the cycle would repeat itself until he returned to Kumogakure. He could have asked for housing in the village but living in the monastery cast the illusion that his stay in Konohagakure wouldn't be very long. It wasn't that convincing. It also reduced his chances of running into anyone that he might have known in the years before he left for Kumogakure, though he hadn't even seen anyone yet who appeared slightly familiar.

"By the way..." He added, trying to be as casual as possible, though his heart pounded loudly in his chest. Was it fear? "How much of that conversation did you hear before waking up?"

The truth is not what you want it to be. It is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.

[ Hakemoto Monk | C-Rank | Bukijutsu/Bukijutsu | Genin | Chakra 1,065/1,065 | Stamina 465/465 ]

BlackFruity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:07 am
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
[ "A supplement to all others, yet weak on its own." ] tab
                  金繕い

Honō resisted the temptation to bring slim, faintly scared fingers to feel out the places on his face that were injured. It was distressing enough to know that the words 'dishevelled' and 'stained' could be applied to his current physical appearance, but taking a moment to groom and gaze at oneself in the reflection of the lake was a step too close to being selfish - vain, a voice hissed, quiet, familiar, distant but near. Fine lines; vanity and presenting oneself on behalf of a clan. So easy to cross. The itch of blood drying, the temptation to tongue the throbbing pulse - wording - that was recently taking up his lower lip. It must wait. First; the mission. For the Antei clan.

With green eyes resting lightly on the cheekbones of the other Kumo shinobi, it was by their restless shifting that Honō could see Soraru's attention had been turned away from him, was roaming their surroundings. But the tension... no, it wasn't an enemy, a stranger, or anyone watching. This tension was... unfamiliar to see in the Hakemoto's posture. Had Honō caused this foreign moment? 'It could have been a lot worse.' Soraru had felt for - vanity - no. A natural state, and after seeing a prone form in the grass, besides someone you know not if an enemy, an expected one. Soraru is a good man, and would care the same for any fallen. Seconds had passed as Honō processed, stopped himself, then recategorised what he was witnessing playing out before him and was parting his thin lips to speak when his observations were turned back around. 'If not for your sake, then for mine.'

Green eyes widened slightly, shoulders relaxing a fraction, and chin dipped his head a sliver as surprise rocked Honō's submissive form into something less formal - rude. But the moment passed as Soraru verbally trudged on and Honō felt only disrespect would be given for the moment to be revisited. So the Hari clan member gently clasped that moment to be tucked safely away - sel- - knowing its rare value. Honō also took the moment to allow his head to dip down, slightly more, hair obscuring his features, more to hide his face as Soraru spoke of Reihai-san's actions, fearing something could be read from him. To cover it, Honō used the truth known by both of them, sadness colouring the features as he lifts his head to it former, respectful, height. "He spoke of consequences with great pain at his apartment." Honō revealed. "He seems regretful."

'By the way...' Honō's shoulders pulled back slightly, part in confusion by the odd means in apparently changing topic, and in anxiety of not knowing what this new topic could be. "Oh," Honō blinked, then his face coloured itself in embarrassment for losing his calm so readily. "I heard Reihai-san's voice. I was not able to fully understand what he was saying at first. Nor recognise where I was." Disorientation and anxiety of a threat had kept the Hokori pinned like a butterfly, dead on display. "I was not even aware of your presence until I saw your shadow beside mine. I apologise for interfering." And white hair once again trailed forward as Honō bowed, their silken tips brushing the grass strands reaching up in mirror.

"For the Antei clan, Konohagakure, and yourself, nothing I overheard will be repeated." Honō assured, but that niggle of doubt, the 'what-if' scenarios of torture and drugs played out behind his closed lids. How over-confident could he be to say his resistance was so strong? But Honō holds secrets of his own clan still. And does his best to not act as such by focusing on other matters to allow his anxiety to mentally gnaw on. Like something very disturbing; "If I may ask?" Honō speaks, low and filled with dread. "How did I come to be asleep?"

侘寂iii
                    x 375 / 375ch x x 375 / 375st x
                    tab

伝 ༔
                      Honō Hokori tab servile subdued veiled
                        : Kumogakure : C-Rank : Genin : Worker : 18 : Hari : 6'66" / 2.02m 72k / 158lbs

: Thigh-length, white, cotton haori has its sleeve cuffs edged in a blue strip of cotton. The hakama is cotton as well, with a gradient dye, going, top-down, white to a matching blue. The string ties, or 'himo,' are strands of glass beads, clear in colour and translucent. A matching necklace of these beads is worn around the neck. Underneath the haori, held up by a belt disguised under the tie of the hakama, are several pouches and a blade that, in any normal person's hand, would be would be described as a short sword. The hilt was clearly carved by hand, made of bone, yellowed with age. The blade bore jagged edges on the backside ( a boning edge ) while the other was razor sharp, curved wickedly at the end to act as a gutter. Stamped in the centre of the blade was a bear's paw surrounded in strangely shaped leaves. Traditional tabi, are also worn, marking this individual more of a civilian than a Kumogakure shinobi.

: When conversing, their eyes rarely meet the other person's, instead respectfully resting just beneath them, usually on the cheek bones. The walk with a demure air, posture relaxed and steps quiet, as though not to disturb. The hands are often clasped in front of them, as a servant does.
                    ༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    Tenshuyami

Quote:

Quote:

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

Tenshuyami

Obsessive Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 pm
User Image

Soraru nodded slowly, feeling the tension slowly leave his body. Honō was an honest person who wouldn't lie unless it was absolutely necessary. It seemed that his secret would remain unknown for another day. Hono bowed forwards again, as he usually did, and Soraru frowned when a vow was made. The promise to keep everything a secret. "I'm sure that you already knew about everything you overheard. Save vows like that for when I want you to keep something silent." His tone was teasing, not meant to be taken seriously. In the event that Honō ever did learn too much about the young swordsman, he wouldn't make him promise anything. It'd be too hard for anyone to keep. No, he'd only hope that his friend wouldn't be put in the position where an answer could be forced out.

"As for the Antei clan, they'll find everything out soon enough regardless. I'm pretty sure that the Hokage won't keep the son of their deceased clan head a secret, especially since all hell would blow over if anyone found out that he lied in the future." He got up from the ground with a grunt, underestimating the toll that the state of healing had taken on him. He wasn't quite exhausted, but getting up took more effort than it normally would have. If Honō needed anymore healing, he'd have to do it after they spoke to the Hokage. "Your lip..." He started, eyes trying to get a better look at his wound from where he stood. "The wound should be gone. If you still feel anything just let me know and I'll fix you up later." His eyes returned to their normal shade, losing a considerable amount of their color as the "glow" disappeared.

"As for how you came to be asleep, umm..." He paused, looking quite perplexed for a moment as he searched his recent memories for any answers. "He used a jutsu." He spoke pointedly, though his eyebrows were still furrowed in thought. "I...don't think he said which one. I do know of a fairly low-level genjutsu that can induce sleep, though. He didn't seem like much of a fighter, so that or Ninjutsu is probably his specialty. It doesn't seem like he hit you or anything if that's what you're wondering." He didn't understand why the question was asked in the first place, though Soraru guessed that he'd be curious too if he had woken up in the middle of someone else's conversation on the floor, and probably in some amount of pain.

He extended his left hand to his fallen friend, knowing that the beads on the right would likely lead to a question that he didn't know how to answer properly just yet. Every true samurai of Tsukihara Hana was a monk through the strict code of Bushido that they followed, but outside of his weapons, Soraru had changed completely since the last time they saw each other. Gone was the long, messy ponytail, the armored clothing, and the almost prince-like way he carried himself. Instead, he looked almost like a civilian. Even though his haori had a nice color and a pretty pattern, it could be considered tacky compared to the lavish ones he used to wear. That alone probably spoke volumes without needing to go in depth about the rest of him. Soraru knew that it was part of his training, but he couldn't go in depth as to why, since he didn't quite understand it himself. "Should we head back to the Hokage, or would you like to let Chīsana-san know that you're okay? She seemed worried about you." He would've teased Hokori about it further, but for some reason, he thought that such things would go above his head.

BlackFruity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:39 pm
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō couldn't help the knee-jerk reaction to tuck his chin down at the reprimand, but the teasing tone broke through enough to pull a gentle curve from the corner of the Hari's mouth. "You won't need to ask, Soraru-kun." And it was true. Honō and Soraru had shared very little in the way of personal talk, for not wanting to overstep, bore, or speak too much of oneself for the former, and because the later was a private person, with their own reasoning. The Hari clan member wasn't nosey, wasn't someone to question or seek out information. Not only was it the safer and easier way to live in serving a clan, but Honō held no doubts that his interference would not cause any positivity. Who was the glass-blower to say he could help another without them asking for something specific from him? Especially when he understood so little of himself. Speaking to Reihai was difficult enough, and Honō had trodden on sore wounds in his inexperience - the evidence of which was now only mussed-up hair and drying blood from a now whole bottom lip. Speaking as a servant to a man who had just found out his lineage, who had acted out and committed a crime he could never take back - and never get to know the answers of why his mother acted the way she did... emotional turmoil still rocked that chuunin's mind in angry waves and Honō was forthright in that he only knew so little. But the Chuunin had options. Some more appealing than others, but with greater guilt tied to the corners. 'I'll lie for you, if you ask me to.' Honō had said. 'Strike me and flee, if that is your choice. But you know they'll dig deeper if you do.' Luckily, Reihai had not. A gamble, yes. But Honō has gambled with angry lords before.

"Yes," Honō's response was short, simple, and calm. Easier to hide in truth than build a lie. The Antei would find out, eventually. Just as the Hokage would as well. The paper trail had been unearthed. Soraru had proven an expedited path exists now. Moss green eyes were lowered to the ground, though his head remained slightly elevated so as not to conceal his features too much. Servants do not look up - that is resistance. A servant's head does not look straight ahead - that is equality. But although the Hokori's vision was on the matching green of the grass, he still caught the waver and slow press as thighs straightened - wording - the monk to an upright position on his feet. "The pain is gone now. Thank you." Honō bows and suppresses the urge to groom himself - vanity - and swipe away the blood. They were still talking. Appearance can wait.

"A jutsu." Honō repeated. And it was such a pleasant nap. "I would like to learn the technique; it may prove useful." Time spent in Konoha was... a different way of living than in Kumogakure. For one thing, Honō had to shed layers of his usual attire for something lighter that still kept out the wind, for the failing of his body's ability to stay warm. And to sleep in a bed not layered in a heavy duvet felt like sleeping under a spider-web, with a threat of danger feeling far more real. At least, when camping in the mountains, Honō could use his attire to weigh down the sleeping roll. The chill of the air was like home. But here - the heat was not intense enough to be as comforting as the forge, but just fleeting enough to leave the Hari clan member's comfort levels in a constant state of wavering. A shift of movement - something close! - despite the slow action, the proximity was unexpected and Honō's shoulders tensed, but it remained, stationary, before him. Barely a heart beat passed before Honō saw it was a hand, palm-up in offering. Green eyes blinked and Honō took the offered aid, his free hand going to the length of his hakama to keep it from tripping him like a nervous fool as he rose to his discourteous 6'66" height.

"My apologies again, Soraru-kun." Honō spoke, his hands resting in front of him in a gentle clasp. It would be so easy to glance down at the nearby water's edge, see what kind of state his presentation was in - was there a grass stain? White was so much easier to keep clean in the mountains than the woods... "I do not wish to leave Hokage Shi-sama waiting any longer than I already have." Righting himself back up to a respectably humble level, Honō continued. "And I promised Chīsana-chan her favourite beverage on my return. It will be easier to acquire on the way from the Hokage Office than from this direction." An almost irrelevant tidbit of information, but it showed as much logic and care for Chīsana's feelings as it did respect for reporting to the Hokage first.

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

: Thigh-length, white, cotton haori has its sleeve cuffs edged in a blue strip of cotton. The hakama is cotton as well, with a gradient dye, going, top-down, white to a matching blue. The string ties, or 'himo,' are strands of glass beads, clear in colour and translucent. A matching necklace of these beads is worn around the neck. Underneath the haori, held up by a belt disguised under the tie of the hakama, are several pouches and a blade that, in any normal person's hand, would be would be described as a short sword. The hilt was clearly carved by hand, made of bone, yellowed with age. The blade bore jagged edges on the backside ( a boning edge ) while the other was razor sharp, curved wickedly at the end to act as a gutter. Stamped in the centre of the blade was a bear's paw surrounded in strangely shaped leaves. Traditional tabi, are also worn, marking this individual more of a civilian than a Kumogakure shinobi.

: When conversing, their eyes rarely meet the other person's, instead respectfully resting just beneath them, usually on the cheek bones. The walk with a demure air, posture relaxed and steps quiet, as though not to disturb. The hands are often clasped in front of them, as a servant does.
                    ༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    Tenshuyami

Quote:

Quote:

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

Tenshuyami

Obsessive Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:45 pm
User Image

Soraru thought of the jutsu in question once Honō brought it up. Nemuri. A simple technique that would result in sleep from a single, firm touch. Using it in combat wasn't reliable, not without some manner of deception. Knowing his snow-haired companion, he doubted that Reihai would have much trouble with using the technique. He's not a close-range fighter. Sora thought, eyes dropping to the knife. Not yet, anyway. What's he thinking, running up on these people unarmed? He couldn't understand - his mind could never conjure up the answer, not without actually asking Honō why he acted the way he did. The question, like many others, had just barely touched his tongue before being swallowed back down. He'd get an answer if he asked, but he also felt like it'd make his friend uncomfortable, and that wasn't Soraru's intention. He also felt like asking such things could make Honō believe he was undermining him as a Shinobi in some way, which scared him. Maybe one day, they'd both be comfortable enough to ask all the questions that had built up. It still felt out of reach. "I'll get the scroll for you later when I see you in the academy. It's a B-rank, and you should be able to use it on yourself." Was the simple response that escaped his lips. Not what he wanted to say, but what he was sure Honō wanted to hear.

As always, Soraru was acutely aware of how small he looked next to his friend once he stood at his full height. It didn't bother him, but it was definitely noticeable after so long apart. Yet he wants to use a knife. He'd have more opportunities than me as a swordsman if he really wanted to go that route. Odachi's, spears, anything. He'll never be as agile as the average knife-user, but I think he knows that already. He swam in his thoughts more, being as pensive as ever. He noted the unwarranted apology but didn't do anything to reprimand him for it. Even if he told Honō 'don't apologize to me,' he was sure that it would happen anyways. It was woven into his very nature. "Then we'll see the Hokage. I'm going to receive another mission from him if he has anything for me, so it all works out. I've been sitting around for way too long, all the other Genin are putting me to shame." It was mostly a jest at the end. It was no secret to anyone close to him that Soraru despised being a genin, and gave an excuse to everyone about why he held that rank after so long. Every Raikage after Kaileer knew his little secret, which made giving him ranks almost a political affair. Judging by what he heard in the Hokage's office that morning, Shi wouldn't be able to do anything for him either. The popular assumption was that the Raikage's didn't like him, and he had to bite his tongue in response. "I'm ready if you are. If you'd rather I go on ahead, just let me know" Soraru said, waiting to make sure that Honō was with him before making any moves. While he'd rather just speed his way over there before sunset so that he could finish another mission before it got too late, he was willing to take as long as it took to accommodate whatever pace Honō wanted to set. It was yet another thing that proved his side of the friendship since anyone else would have been left in the dust after he said his goodbye's.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Chīsana's favorite drink is bubble tea. I wouldn't mind some after all this running around either. Just depends on if he wants my company or not.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:23 pm
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō's lips parted in surprise, green eyes flickering dangerously close to Soraru's own gaze - an especially easy feat with a foot and half of height on his side - disrespectful - before settling back into the comfortable position of cheekbones half hidden behind dark hair. "Thank you, Soraru-kun." Another bow, but friendlier, familiar, less formal, performed more with the head and the heart rather than the body and the titles of hierarchy The turn of the conversation away from the mission bringing an air of comfort, enhanced by the wilderness around them. It wasn't the mountains of Kumo, nor spindly trees of iron roots in craggy ground. But it was enough not being surrounded by eyes, fuelling whispering tongues with ill-witness notions. "I will work not to let my fatigue show so easily." Indeed, and out on a mission using that much chakra for a technique could be fatal. For Soraru to notice the Hari clan member's exhaustion... it was not so difficult to chalk that up to the amount of time they have spent in close quarters to the other. Honō should not feel so... failed for it. Imperfection can be admired, but this was weakness. It made Honō - unreliable - yes.

"I have only witnessed your capacity to grow, Soraru-kun." Honō speaks, quiet but calm. Truthfully. It was not as sycophantic as other lines that could have been said, but Soraru had no desire to be praised for such a thing. And nor did Honō feel the other Kumo shinobi required to be told what he already knew about himself. So Honō showed his support by the passive route, not daring to undermine Soraru by offering aid when none was needed, nor boasting skills the Hakemoto was very aware of harnessing. And it was the truth. When Honō was faced with his fear of heights, of the memory of his chakra pathways being burned like lightning unrelenting, Soraru had taken a moment to support the Hokori. When Honō was pinned beneath roots, with death looming above him in the form of a giant, Soraru had worked around the situation to get his teammate safe. Those are moments of growth just as much as learning techniques and completing missions. And Honō felt he did not need to voice this. Not to Soraru. And certainly not now. Whatever the situation that keeps such a talented individual a genin, Honō had no intention of brushing against or over.

Honō turned to face Soraru with a small, understanding, smile. "Feel free to leave me behind, Soraru-kun. I will not get lost on my way." He assured. Something most wouldn't need to say - but the Hokori didn't feel this last mission lent anything to his reliability... Honō would not leave first, however, nor would he leave at the exact moment Soraru does. It would be a heart beat, no more and no less after the Hiraite begins his treck back that Honō would follow. It used to be more, a longer wait, but their familiarity brought comfort, and that comfort allowed Honō peace of mind in daring to be so close. Servants always walked so many paces behind. Honō dared himself to only allow the one.

And he would be able to comb his hair with quick fingers and rub the blood clean of his face on the way.

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    Tenshuyami

Quote:

Quote:

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

Tenshuyami

Obsessive Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:20 am
User Image

It was quiet, not meant to be seen as flattery, but Soraru still felt it. The blush would've been easy to see if he hadn't turned his head so quickly; he knew Honō wouldn't question why. He was used to being tested, criticized, and rewarded after he had finally proven himself. Compliments? Those, he wasn't used to. He never learned how to take them in stride because they were so rare. They either felt condescending or forced and rarely - if ever - legitimate. So such simple words from Honō bore the same weight as his master telling him that he'd done well. "Thank you, Hokori-san." Was his simple response, the one that he'd say in any other circumstance. There was no need for him to return compliments. Honō did not succeed in his mission, not alone. Not only would such a thing be seen as patronizing, but compliments were never so easily received from Soraru.

The flustered state didn't last long for him, which wouldn't come as any surprise when one considered his bloodline. Unlike Kaileer, Soraru upheld the Hakemoto's reputation for having a calm nature.

He re-established eye contact after that, listening to Honō's permission for him to leave first if he wanted. "I'll wait outside of the office. I think he expects me to come back with you, and I don't want to let him down." With that said, he didn't waste any time taking his leave. The shade of the trees provided some comfort on his way back, and the constant breeze he received from zipping branch to branch reminded him briefly of home. He also made sure to untie the book beneath his clothes from its spot over his chest. It would've been tough explaining that to the librarian, or anyone for that matter. I'll grab my old outfit when I'm done. I have a feeling I'll be doing missions for awhile here.

[exit]

BlackFruity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:31 am
User Image
Honō Hokorii tab
                  金繕い

Honō was relieved that his comment did not seem to incur anything negative from his fellow Kumo-nin. The brief turning away did string up some anxiety, taut from the Hokori's gut to his throat, but the response... it felt like Honō had not overstepped. A success, if the green-eyed shinobi dared to say. But he'd rather call it 'not a complete failure,' instead. "Of course." Honō spoke, and began to follow behind Soraru as he lead the way. The speed of their movements pulled back the white, and Honō finally allowed his hands to lift up and begin gently probing for blood and grit to be swept from his features. As the enter the village proper, Honō could give himself a second assessment in the reflection of a passing window. For now, a finger-comb, brief glances to his attire, and a swipe of a moist digit - wording - over skin would have to do in subverting the compulsion.

[ exit to : Hokage Office ]

侘寂iii
                    tab

伝 ༔

༔ 道 ༔ tab
                    能 ༔

N/A

届 ༔
                    Tenshuyami

Quote:

Quote:

BlackFruity

Crew

Lucky Loiterer

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:45 pm
User Image
┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕪 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

〚 𝕊 ⎚ ℝᵃᵑᵏ 〛〚 𝕊ᵘᵢᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝔻ᵒᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝔽ᵘᵘᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 ℕᵢᵑʲᵘᵗ≀ᵘ 〛〚 ℍᵞᵒᵘᵗᵒᵑ 〛〚 𝕄ᵒᵏᵘᵗᵒᵑ
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Panting, Aika dropped to her belly as Syy paused, his breathing a bit harder. Even though he was just wearing his bodysuit and pants, he felt a bit overheated and pulled at his collar for a second. Beneath his bodysuit, Syy felt the ring that he wore on a thin chain and his hand dropped to touch it through the suit. He didn't quite know where it had come from but he'd found it soon after he'd found Aika, a bit of a shine that had caught his eye. He still held the hope he could return it to it's owner but it seemed a bit of a ridiculous hope. He didn't even know where it had come from and there was nothing to tell him who it belonged to. With a sigh, he glanced down at Aika who was rolling around on her back under the shade of a tree I'm going to have to brush you. he thought, frowning at her. Shaking his head, he took the time to rebraid his hair out of his face and secure it tightly with a blue ribbon. Nudging Aika with a toe, they were soon off again, racing deeper into the forest.

[[12.4+ to Chakra | 8.5+ to Stamina]]

『 ᴄ ⁶²⁰ ⋮ s ⁴²⁵ 』

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:23 pm
User Image
┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕪 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

Syy didn't actually hate trees. He often felt like he did now, like the presence of trees reminded him of his captivity and made him feel choked. But...running through the trees now, with Aika beside him, he felt like he was back in Kirigakure. Like he could turn around and see the mist and the clouds. But he knew he couldn't. So he ran harder, pushing his body to focus his mind. Acting on instinct, he followed Aika's path as she went over and under fallen trees and low hanging branches. Leaping over a particularly large fallen tree, his hand slammed through a rotted piece of the stump and he stumbled before falling on his face. Aika yelped as he hit the ground and came racing back over to him, circling him in a panic. For a moment, he just lay on the ground, breathing, feeling the left side of his face start to swell. Finally pushing himself up onto his elbows, Syy looked at Aika I'm all right. he smiled, dirt and leaves stuck on his face and in his hair. He'd have a pretty nasty bruise on his shoulder and his cheekbone but nothing was broken. Aika whined and belly crawled towards him, licking his chin, as he sat up and leaned back against the offending tree. Dusting off his hair as Aika licked at his ear, Syy let out a heavy sigh "Figures I would fall flat on my face and no one is around to see it. Maybe if they did, they'd realize I wasn't as 'perfect' or 'infallible' as seems to be the assumption." he told Aika as she rested her head in his lap again. I've made mistakes. Why...why can't others except it as easily as they can my perceived malevolence? he dropped his head back, closing his eyes "...my face really hurts."

『 ᴄ ⁶²⁰ ⋮ s ⁴²⁵ 』

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:50 pm
User Image
┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕪 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

Recognizing that standing up was probably not a good decision right after falling flat on his face, Syy pulled his legs in under himself and closed his eyes. Focus on the things that can be addressed. First, his memories. That missing year before the Sero and the events leading up to it. He knew a bit about what had happened when he woke in the Sero the first time. His arms had been bleeding, broken leg, throat aching. He knew the cause of these injuries from his time at the care home. Strangulation, punctures and cuts. He could make the logical assumption that the Sero had used some physical means to restrain him and drag him into the ground. He could also assume that there was no one there to help him because there were only the injuries associated with the assumed attack. Nothing to indicate he had been held by anyone. No scratches or bruises he could feel from being held back. He opened his eyes, refocusing on the breathing techniques to keep from getting overwhelmed with the scenario. He didn't know any of that for sure. Wherever the memories were, they were locked up tight.

『 ᴄ ⁶²⁰ ⋮ s ⁴²⁵ 』

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:58 pm
User Image
┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕪 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

All right. He now had an idea of what had happened when he'd been taken by the Sero. It wasn't a true memory, that was still out of his grasp, but at least it gave him something to explore. The next memory problem...the year he seemed to have lost from before the Sero. There was...a boat. He frowned, a boat? In the air? And someone with pink hair who he knew. That couldn't be right. A flying boat. He'd have to ask Inka. Was that the most recent memory? There were others. Of prisons and strangers in strange clothes. Of hospitals and The first time. the moment he and Inka had first spoken of their feelings. And then the sickness. Inka in pain. Minowa. But all of that was ancient memories. Long before. Minowa as a baby. Then as a toddler. Closer. Closer. Gone. He sighed, opening his eyes.

『 ᴄ ⁶²⁰ ⋮ s ⁴²⁵ 』

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:49 pm
User Image
┤| 𝕊𝕪𝕪 𝕁. 𝕊𝕖𝕟𝕛𝕦 |├

Aika shoved her nose in Syy's ear, reminding him that they were not there to sit but to run and play. Yelping, Syy rubbed at the offended ear and looked at Aika with a slight frown that changed to a smile. There was no point trying to force the memories to come. It was enough that he had Minowa's first laugh, the first time he called Inka 'lover', Min's first time calling Inka 'Papa'. While he'd never truly lost those memories, he remembered them better now. Standing and dusting himself off, he poked his shoulder and winced, the bruise slowly turning an ugly shade of red. His face still hurt but he didn't feel swollen and his vision was not impaired I'll ask after the medical report when I return. he thought, stretching his arms up over his head. Leaning down to stretch his legs, he wondered why Inka hadn't mentioned the report at some point. Maybe he simply hadn't read it yet. That might explain why he didn't appear to know much about Syy's situation I cannot tie myself to him. And I cannot force him to be beside me. he recalled the hospital, so long ago, and his words to Inka at that time. That as long as Inka wanted it, Syy would be beside him. Standing, he paused to look at the scars on his hands ... he wondered, briefly, if he was actually questioning Inka's feelings for him. Or if he doubted himself. Aika didn't get a chance to get ahead as Syy took off, trying to outrun his own thoughts. Her indignant barking followed then caught up to him as they raced through the forest again I spent a thousand lifetimes with him in my mind. But...I wonder. he grabbed a branch and swung himself over a deep crevice in the ground Were...we meant to have a lifetime together? he dropped to the ground and Aika overtook him as he sprinted to catch up.

『 ᴄ ⁶²⁰ ⋮ s ⁴²⁵ 』

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

❧ [ Hidden Leaf Village } Konohagakure

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items