Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:18 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

Wren was a bit taken aback by the sudden change in Sub's attitude. When he started getting questioned, he paused and actually thought about the answers for a moment. "Well, my parents are Sparrow and Raven Briony. I never knew my grandparents but according to my mother they were originally from Alola back in the days when Alola was an extension of Unova, before the Natives fought back for their independence." He rattled off. "And as far as I'm aware, I have a few cousins that still live in Alola but I've never met them and, to be quite honest, I've never even learned their names."

"Strange." Sub commented as he continued to pet the Eevee, messaging one of its ears as he appeared to stare off into space, Hans the Eevee never taking his eyes off of Wren, except for the brief moment when he yawned. "Your family was able to keep track of their lineage as far back as the Alolan Uprising and yet your own immediate family appears isolated in Unova. Very strange indeed..." Whatever he found strange was anyone's guess as the man didn't appear keen to explain himself as he shifted the topic slightly.

"As you've heard myself and others state you are a Channeler, a Grass Channeler in particular. Fortunately I've encountered a Grass Channeler before and know a bit about the history around them so my knowledge what be completely useless to you. Grass Channelers are particularly interesting insofar that those who do possess an affinity for Grass Channeling tend to be so by birth. It's very rare you find just a random unrelated Grass Channeler, in fact I've never heard of one. Just an interesting bit of information." He said, finally putting Hans down, the little fox trotting towards the couch where it would jump up and take a nap on.

"Tell me, ever have anything you couldn't explain happen to you as a child? Flowers blooming nearby when you're extremely happy? Plants wilting when you're depressed? Spontaneous plant growth in general? Anything like that?" The Snagem leader questioned him.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:11 pm
SubonicXP

"Strange." Sub commented as he continued to pet the Eevee, messaging one of its ears as he appeared to stare off into space, Hans the Eevee never taking his eyes off of Wren, except for the brief moment when he yawned. "Your family was able to keep track of their lineage as far back as the Alolan Uprising and yet your own immediate family appears isolated in Unova. Very strange indeed..." Whatever he found strange was anyone's guess as the man didn't appear keen to explain himself as he shifted the topic slightly.

"As you've heard myself and others state you are a Channeler, a Grass Channeler in particular. Fortunately I've encountered a Grass Channeler before and know a bit about the history around them so my knowledge what be completely useless to you. Grass Channelers are particularly interesting insofar that those who do possess an affinity for Grass Channeling tend to be so by birth. It's very rare you find just a random unrelated Grass Channeler, in fact I've never heard of one. Just an interesting bit of information." He said, finally putting Hans down, the little fox trotting towards the couch where it would jump up and take a nap on.

"Tell me, ever have anything you couldn't explain happen to you as a child? Flowers blooming nearby when you're extremely happy? Plants wilting when you're depressed? Spontaneous plant growth in general? Anything like that?" The Snagem leader questioned him.

"I'll be honest with you. I keep hearing that word but I have no idea what it means." Wren replied, shrugging his shoulders. When he was questioned regarding strange happenings around him as a child, he shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of. I've lived in Lentimas Town my entire life and, aside from a few years I worked at a ranch in the Desert Resort, I've not spent much time outside the deserts in the region. I've always wanted to bring life to Lentimas, though. Didn't make much progress until I obtained this bracelet a few years ago." He held up his wrist and showed off the silken bracelet with the rose blooming from it. "Since then, though, there's been weird stuff happening. Especially since I met you lot." He shook his head in disbelief, a few of his dreads falling free of their binding and flopping loosely into his face.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:04 am
Requiem of Whyspers

"I'll be honest with you. I keep hearing that word but I have no idea what it means." Wren replied, shrugging his shoulders. When he was questioned regarding strange happenings around him as a child, he shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of. I've lived in Lentimas Town my entire life and, aside from a few years I worked at a ranch in the Desert Resort, I've not spent much time outside the deserts in the region. I've always wanted to bring life to Lentimas, though. Didn't make much progress until I obtained this bracelet a few years ago." He held up his wrist and showed off the silken bracelet with the rose blooming from it. "Since then, though, there's been weird stuff happening. Especially since I met you lot." He shook his head in disbelief, a few of his dreads falling free of their binding and flopping loosely into his face.

"Fair enough." The man realized everyone had indeed been throwing around the words 'Channeler' and 'Channeling' around without properly explaining them to the confused novice. Sub would explain that further but for now he took a look at the bracelet. "This is what's called an artifact." He said, while holding Wren's wrist to get a good look at it. "An artifact is an item which allows a Channeler to focus their abilities throw and manifest them in different ways. As you might guess a Channeler is one who Channels, of course. And to Channel is to tap into your own latent powers by establishing a bond with your Pokemon, using an artifact as a medium." He tried to explain.

"If you didn't know various myths state that humans and Pokemon were once one in the same, whether or not that's true is not important, what is important is that both humans and Pokemon have pools of energy inside of them. Pokemon can naturally access this energy which they use to perform various moves, utilize their abilities, and even evolve. Devon Corp has dubbed this substance to be called 'Infinity Energy'. Humans also possess this energy, which you can think of it as the life force of all things. However, in the case of humans these days we usually are unable to tap into it, though sometimes our Pokemon are capable of doing so which is reflected in the bonds we share which can empower them in such cases as the move Return or how some Pokemon evolve when our bonds are strong. These are cases of the Pokemon drawing upon their trainer's life force or Infinity Energy." Sub explained to Wren.

"With that said some humans are capable of drawing upon their own energy and we call them 'Channelers'. In order to do so a Channeler must establish a strong bond with their Pokemon and use an artifact to draw the energy out of both of them and feed it through the artifact, think of it as mixing the two energies to create the right type and then the artifact as a sort of filter. Just like Pokemon, the energy possessed by humans have different types, with the majority of humans having a Normal type energy and Psychic type being pretty common, for whatever reason. Ever noticed how Psychic gyms seemed to be loaded with psychic humans? Yeah." He continued.

"You, however, possess a Grass type energy and a natural ability to tap into it, however without a Pokemon bond of the appropriate type an artifact, of which you have both, ordinarily you wouldn't be able to reliably access it, if ever. I take it you're pretty close to one or two Grass Pokemon, huh? That would be your Channeling partner, of which each different Pokemon you Channel with can give your abilities different traits, usually taking on the traits of that species of Pokemon. For example I am a Dark Channeler and with my Spiritomb I possess the ability to slip away into a shadow-like almost mass-less form, kind of like I ghost which Spiritomb is." After a long rambling explanation Sub took a sigh and gave Wren a concerned look. "Did that help at all?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:17 am
Wren listened to Sub's explanation of what a Channeler was and it dawned on him that, perhaps that might be the explanation for the strange happenings recently. "That... would explain the weird vines that keep sprouting up around me lately. And how they seemed to spontaneously sprout out of my bracelet when we were on Liberty Island." He thought aloud. "But the only Pokemon I have strong bonds with would be my Cacnea and Maractus. Both of them helped me make this...Artifact, you called it?" He explained, sounding a bit confused. "So why am I somehow summoning vines instead of cacti or something more desert-related? And, more importantly, why don't I have any control over them?"

He was more confused by the lack of control he had than anything else. If he was supposedly possessed of a latent talent with this energy, shouldn't he have some degree of willful use of them?  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:06 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

He was more confused by the lack of control he had than anything else. If he was supposedly possessed of a latent talent with this energy, shouldn't he have some degree of willful use of them?

"Because your abilities are raw and unrefined. That explains both the seemingly unrelated abilities compared to your Pokemon and the inability to control it." Sub explained. "You require training, tutelage to master your gift and gain control over it. Usually I send novice Channelers off to meet with a master of their type but alas I am unaware of a Grass Master existing anymore. I can point in the direction of a Grass Channeler like yourself but I can't guarantee they are a master of their art. I could go into further reasoning as to why this is but that's a story for another day." Sub explained.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:17 pm
"I think I'll take some time to just..absorb this information for now..." Wren admitted. "I'll worry about learning more about it or learning to control it better when I can process all this without feeling like my brain's going to explode." Rubbing the side of his head, he seemed like he had a migraine for a moment. "This is just... a lot of information to take it all at once." He couldn't deny that most of what he'd just been told made sense but it was just so overwhelming to try and comprehend all of it at once.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:09 pm
Aile had been trying her damnedest to try and open that box that was left for her in her room, all with no luck. Finally, she decided taking an extended break from that would be good, so she left to grab herself something to eat and attempt to relax. She had stopped when she came across Sub explaining channelling to Wren, leaning back against the wall and listening as well. Despite her now having her own artifact and gleaning things overall from the team, she never had it formally explained to her either. For her, it was still voodoo and witchcraft, but it was at least explained a bit better for her as she listened now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:21 pm
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

While the adults were talking about channeling and going on separate missions, Ulla was pacing around the room back and forth as Rowlett was flying right behind her. Was it really okay for me to take that Flare's Pokemon? I only did that because I was scared Riolu would do something unthinkable...what happens if Togetic doesn't like Riolu? What happens if they don't get along? What happens Togetic wants to go back to their original trainer? Ulla ruffled her hair as she couldn't wrap her head around this. Rowlett perched himself on her shoulder and poked her cheek with his beak. Your right. Your right. There's only one way to find out. Stress about it later. She took out Riolu's and Togetic's pokeball. She sighed.

"Togetic come on out. Meet your new family. Togetic's Pokeball opened as the little fairy Pokemon stretched it's body. He turned to face Ulla and Rowlett. Hi, my name is Ulla and this is one of my partners Rowlett. I'm sorry I took you from your previous trainer. But, I wasn't sure what Riolu was doing-actually I know what was going on with Riolu... Ulla started rambling as Togetic kept starring at her in awe. Ulla was covered in dust and scratches but. His eyes were glittering, in his mind he was thinking. He found someone pure hearted. Anyways. If you wish to stay with us. I'm going to promise you what I promise each of my Pokemon. That you will be part of my family, I will do my best to protect you. Because I guess, well. When I caught you. That's all I was thinking. That I wanted to protect you from any further harm and- Suddenly Ulla was embraced by the Togetic as he was super happy to be with her. A little shock, Rowlett flew off of her shoulder and was happy as well. Ulla sighed of relief, Togetic was ok.

Before you meet Riolu, Togetic. There's something you need to know. Ulla told Togetic how Riolu was a Shadow Pokemon. And what made Riolu go into Hyper Mode. Togetic nodded as he understood why Riolu acted. Ulla looked at Riolu's Pokeball Alright Riolu. Come meet the new family member The Pokeball popped open as Riolu was fully rested but wasn't looking towards everyone's direction. He was ashamed of himself. He could've really hurt his master if it wasn't for Rowlett. He made a vow protect her. But, how could he comes to terms with this? Riolu...? It's okay. We knew this was going to be a struggle. We will get better. Anyways, this is Togetic. Our new- Before she could finish her sentence, Togetic embraced Riolu in a hug. Riolu just stood there until he returned Togetic's hug. He started shaking as he started to cry. Ulla simply smiled and patted Riolu's head. There there. You are not at fault. You are going to be okay.  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:38 pm
"That's okay, it is a lot to take in, especially since it pretty much flies in the face of what you've been taught you're entire life. Just take your time and know if you ever need help I'm haunting this place." He said with a laugh. The man had taken notice of Aile listening, though didn't say anything, did wink at her however.

That was when he noticed Ulla, the young girl watching her Riolu hug the newest addition to her team. "Pokemon are something else, huh?" He asked as he approached the girl, hands stuffed into his vest pockets as he looked down at the hugging Pokemon. "Such capacity for good, and unfortunately, evil." He frowned. "Just like humans I suppose." With a sigh he ran his fingers through his hair, something about what he just said seemed to bother even himself but why it did was anyone's guess.

"So a Togetic, huh? I see it's getting along with Riolu very well, not surprising though, considering that little Fairy is happiness and joy in physical form. Tell me, how has Riolu been?" He asked Ulla.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:07 pm
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

The two Pokemon let each other go from their hug and shook hands. Ulla smiled happily. Thank Arceus that everything worked out in the end... She said as she heard foot steps coming towards them. It was Sub as she turned to him. Something about his comment about good and evil didn't stir really well in her. He then asked about how Riolu is doing, she looked back at her Pokemon. "Hey you guys, why don't you go play over there right now and I'll join up with you guys in a little bit okay?" She smiled as all of them went towards the couches but Riolu stayed behind to stare at her. Ulla looked at him and just ruffled his head. "It's just a progress report buddy. I'll be right with you soon." She reached into her bag for a box of malasadas and gave it to Riolu "Here. Why don't you share this with everyone? You guys must be starving. And Togetic isn't from the Alola region I'm sure. They're not freshly baked but there still good. We will make some soon, show Snagem all about Malasadas that we grew up on." She said with a soft chuckle and sent Riolu off to the others with the box.

Ulla then turned her attention back to Sub as her smile slowly faded. She tried to her best to show some sort of happy feeling that way Riolu wouldn't worry so much when he read her aura while he was with the rest. Well. Riolu went Hyper Mode for the first time back when we were saving Gima. He didn't hear me at all when we were in battle. I think, while he was reading Gima's aura, he felt all of his pain and torture when he was changing into a Hybrid. So, that really stressed him out which made him go Hyper. The little girl looked at the necklace she and Riolu shared. "He tried to attack me after I caught Togetic. If it wasn't for Rowlett....I'm sure they would be lonely." That thought did not sit well with her as she shook her head to get the memory out of Riolu's sinister glare and his evil grin. "...So how far do you think the Virus is now? Will Riolu be able to still beat this virus?" She muttered, a little scared to know hear the answer.  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:32 pm
"Well Hyper Mode certainly isn't a good sign..." Sub had to admit. He wish he could give the young girl good news and tell her everything was going to be okay but if he did he would then be lying. There was very little 'good news' to give a person when their Pokemon has become shadowfied, that said he was still impressed with how long this particular Riolu has held onto its individuality and control, it's unheard of for it still be in control. "The virus has progressed significantly if it has entered Hyper Mode." He said reluctantly. It was better to give it to her straight then to lead her on.

"However." He added on. "The fact that you were able to snap Riolu out of it with relative easy is telling. Usually by the time shadowfication is complete and the Pokemon enters Hyper Mode it will rampage until completely exhausted, destroying anything and lashing out at anyone in its path. So while it going into Hyper Mode is not a good sign the fact that you managed to pull it out from that state makes it a little less...bad." The man explained, this was certainly hard.

"That said, I think it's time we did a few tests on Riolu and perhaps time you kept it in its ball a little bit more, or at least keep a tighter leash on it outside of HQ. Here I can guarantee it won't be able to spread the virus to other Pokemon but once outside of this building I can't. If Riolu goes Hyper Mode again and attacks your Pokemon it's very likely it will spread the Shadow virus to them, causing them to become a Shadow Pokemon as well. All is not doom and gloom, however, there is still hope we can cure Riolu before it reaches that point, which is why I would like to do a few tests on it, with your permission." He said to Ulla.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 4:30 pm
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

Ulla softly chuckled. Riolu isn't going to like it. Being in his Pokeball while we are on missions. Like I said before, he's acts like a knight. Never straying too far from me. Always ready to expect the unexpected...but if it means that he can beat this virus. He will do anything. She watched her Pokemon enjoying the malasadas she took out of her bag. Riolu would do anything for her, she knew that. But will he be able to control himself from breaking out of his Pokeball just to fight by Ulla's side. She walked over to her Pokemon and waved Sub over. She grabbed two from the box and handed one to Sub. "Riolu. In order to beat this virus, Sub is gonna have to run some test with us. Which means also, your gonna have to stay in your Pokeball more. Especially on missions."

Riolu stood up, not so happy about having to be in Pokeball more. He was about to say something but Togetic stopped him and reassured him that Rowlett and himself would watch over Ulla. Riolu calmed down a bit and looked at the girl. She smiled "This doesn't mean you will be on the sidelines. I'll still need you Riolu. But right now, if we want to beat this virus. We have to listen to Sub." Riolu took it all in and looked at Sub. He nodded, the little girl smiled. "Alright Sub, what do we need to do?"  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:03 pm
"Nothing much, just following me. Won't take long." He replied to Ulla as he walked off, motioning for her to follow him. He would lead the girl into the elevator which would soon take them down to the floor containing the lab, which contained the hybridization chamber, purification chamber, and such. The man would guide Ulla to appropriate door, clearly marked 'Laboratory', the Snagem leader using his SNAG to open the sliding doors and stepping through as the lights turned on.

"This is what we need right there." He said as he pointed out a machine in the distance. The room was filled with all kinds of gizmos and gadgets, many of them looking almost untouched but in reality were just kept very clean. Sub would ignore all of them as he walked through the room, all except the one he had his eyes on. It was simply a medium sized rectangular box-shaped machine with a see-through door on the front of it. On the inside it appeared to have a rounded pedestal for Pokeballs to be placed on top of.

"Place Riolu's Pokeball on the pedestal inside, if you would." He said as he pressed a button for the little door to part open. "This machine will allow GRAY to perform a thorough reading of Riolu's energy signature and should give us enough information to determine the progress of Shadowfication without having to draw blood or anything like that."  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:20 pm
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

Ulla and her Pokemon followed the leader. "Riolu for now. Go into your Pokemon." She said as held out his Pokeball to him. He nodded as he touched it and went back into his Pokeball. The group followed Sub to the Lab, Rowlett and Togetic looked around in amazement as Ulla kept following Sub.

When he presented the rectangular box to her, she looked at Riolu's Pokeball. "If....for some odd reason. Riolu can't get rid of this virus. Is it possible to keep it under control without spreading to other Pokemon? You said it yourself. You were surprised how Riolu has been able to keep his composure and fight back the virus this long. She asked trying to find some other options if this doesn't work. Even though, she really wanted this to work.  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:06 am
Once the ball was put into the machine Sub would press another button on it to make the door close, the machine then humming to life promptly. "It's all you now, GRAY. Be sure to get a complete scan." He said aloud for the AI to hear him. There were microphones through out HQ, outside of bathrooms and people's personal rooms that is, so GRAY could hear you make a command anywhere in the building.

"Oh yes sir, right away sir." GRAY replied in the most sarcastic voice possible from a speaker in the room. Sub would just ignore him.

"No." Sub stated plainly to Ulla, answering her question. "At least not while the virus is still active, that is as long as Riolu remains an active Shadow Pokemon and virus can always spread. However, we do have a process to purify Pokemon, ridding them of Shadowfication and making them immune to further Shadow infections. That said I am surprised over how well Riolu has resisted the virus. Call me selfish but I wanted to get some kind of idea on how it has resisted complete infection for so long. If we can figure out how and why it is able to we might be able to defeat the Shadow virus completely. That and if Riolu's immune system is vastly different from common Pokemon then the Shadow Vaccine we have may not work on him or could even harm him. Better to be certain first, you know?" He explained as the machine did its work.

"This scan however should answer all those questions. Just need to wait a little longer." He reassured the young girl.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games