Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:04 pm
Odd laughed at Ulla's reaction but before he had the chance to clarify, she was gone with Wren vanishing along with her presence a moment later, Claydol appearing and carrying him away without him even getting the chance to react.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:49 pm
Darts walks down the stairs, a thoughtful look on his face hidden by his gilt crest. The war raging on had put a lot of things into new perspective for him... there was a lot more on the line for Snagem this time than just defeating the new evil team on the scene. People were fighting and dying defending their way of life... and the Giratina hybrid was getting antsy not being able to help them, the numbers game being what it was. He was strong, but not fight a whole army or even half of one on his own strong.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:00 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Darts walks down the stairs, a thoughtful look on his face hidden by his gilt crest. The war raging on had put a lot of things into new perspective for him... there was a lot more on the line for Snagem this time than just defeating the new evil team on the scene. People were fighting and dying defending their way of life... and the Giratina hybrid was getting antsy not being able to help them, the numbers game being what it was. He was strong, but not fight a whole army or even half of one on his own strong.

Tristen made his way down the halls, head down, staring at the floor, lost in thought. The past couple of nights were restless as his mind constantly wondered back to that night with Zera. While the good news was that he found out that the team won for the most part, he couldn't get over that awkward flood of emotion that overcame him during his attempted cremation of Zera, let alone how she could still be standing after such a brutal attack and how she managed to pull one over on him at the end, let alone Leslie's berating him of trying to be one of the more honorable fighters in this team and the question of 'what if' he had to, let alone tried, to do that again and succeed.

The boy kept to himself for a good while; not bringing it up to his adoptive parents, fearing that he'd get what he already knew about in the first place. It was one thing being taught, the boy figured. It was a whole other thing to experience it first hand, to know what it was like. When he thought Zera was gone, despite how vile that woman was, he didn't feel all that grand about it. In fact, he felt terrible to the point he pitied her for that short amount of time. Justifiably, he was irritated over the whole notion now, how his feelings were stomped upon just like that, by both ally and enemy alike those subsequent moments. To this very moment, it soured his mood considerably...  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:04 pm
Blizzard120

The boy kept to himself for a good while; not bringing it up to his adoptive parents, fearing that he'd get what he already knew about in the first place. It was one thing being taught, the boy figured. It was a whole other thing to experience it first hand, to know what it was like. When he thought Zera was gone, despite how vile that woman was, he didn't feel all that grand about it. In fact, he felt terrible to the point he pitied her for that short amount of time. Justifiably, he was irritated over the whole notion now, how his feelings were stomped upon just like that, by both ally and enemy alike those subsequent moments. To this very moment, it soured his mood considerably...

Darts notices Tristan slouching through HQ, a forlorn look etched into the boy's face. Looked like he wasn't the only one doing some heavy thinking. "What's up little man?" He asks the boy, falling into step behind him. He wasn't going to press the kid for answers considering what Tristen had just had to experience. War was never an easy thing to see first-hand.... least of all for a 12-year-old.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:10 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Blizzard120

Darts notices Tristan slouching through HQ, a forlorn look etched into the boy's face. Looked like he wasn't the only one doing some heavy thinking. "What's up little man?" He asks the boy, falling into step behind him. He wasn't going to press the kid for answers considering what Tristen had just had to experience. War was never an easy thing to see first-hand.... least of all for a 12-year-old.

"Huh?" Tristen looked back for a second, seeing Darts there. "Oh uh..hey, Darts...um..." Tristen thought for a moment. "Nothin' really...uh..." The boy was a little apprehensive to say anything at first. He remembered the history about this guy, and as far as what he was concerned, he was perhaps the last person to ask about his plight, or at least one of the last. Then again, he noticed a change about the Giratina hybrid over the past several months, something that even his adoptive father had noticed as he overheard once or twice. He wasn't sure if it was recent events or the training that Darts himself has been undergoing in trying to keep his own power in check, but compared to over a year or so ago, Darts had kind of mellowed out, it seemed. He looked back the way he was going then around the gilt hybrid then resigned himself to asking. At this point, it couldn't hurt. It wasn't doing any good looming on it. "Darts? Uh...can...I talk to you...somewhere?" Anywhere but in the middle of a hallway was better than this, the boy thought.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:19 pm
Blizzard120
At this point, it couldn't hurt. It wasn't doing any good looming on it. "Darts? Uh...can...I talk to you...somewhere?" Anywhere but in the middle of a hallway was better than this, the boy thought.

Hm. Darts frowned at the request for a moment, then nodded. "I've got a spot just for talks like the one I think we're going to have. C'mon." The gambler leads the way over to a not oft-used staircase behind an emergency door with the alarm attached to it had long since been discontinued. He wrenches the emergency latch with a twist of his wrist and a muttered apology as he breaks it easily and forces the portcullis open with a shove of his shoulder. Assuming the boy still was following the pair would make their way up a dusty ladder and out of a emergency hatch at the top of it.

As Darts forced open the hinged lid at the top, the sounds of the hustle and bustle of HQ's day to day routine would fade down below them as the two of them emerge out onto the flat surface of the HQ's roof. Far above them stalactites stretched as far as the eye could see until it hit the walls of the cave in Mount Silver. It was peaceful here, and a spot Darts had always been drawn to for some reason... though it had been a while since he'd had cause... or the time to visit.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:30 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Blizzard120
At this point, it couldn't hurt. It wasn't doing any good looming on it. "Darts? Uh...can...I talk to you...somewhere?" Anywhere but in the middle of a hallway was better than this, the boy thought.

Hm. Darts frowned at the request for a moment, then nodded. "I've got a spot just for talks like the one I think we're going to have. C'mon." The gambler leads the way over to a not oft-used staircase behind an emergency door with the alarm attached to it had long since been discontinued. He wrenches the emergency latch with a twist of his wrist and a muttered apology as he breaks it easily and forces the portcullis open with a shove of his shoulder. Assuming the boy still was following the pair would make their way up a dusty ladder and out of a emergency hatch at the top of it.

As Darts forced open the hinged lid at the top, the sounds of the hustle and bustle of HQ's day to day routine would fade down below them as the two of them emerge out onto the flat surface of the HQ's roof. Far above them stalactites stretched as far as the eye could see until it hit the walls of the cave in Mount Silver. It was peaceful here, and a spot Darts had always been drawn to for some reason... though it had been a while since he'd had cause... or the time to visit.

Tristen followed Darts through the halls, through the emergency door, wincing from the dust that got kicked up from the ladder being traversed and being forced to let out a sneeze or two, but fresh air would grace the kid's nose once they made their way out to the top of the roof. The damp, fresh spring of water that ran through the mountain was a bit relaxing to the kid; a slight reprieve to how he was feeling just a few minutes ago, but only slight. The boy sat down on the edge of the roof, wondering how to start this conversation of the topic that bothered him so. Well, ready or not...

"Have...you uh..." A thought then came across the boy. He couldn't come out and straight up ask such a question, but then...there really was no easy way to ask, was there? The boy sighed, tried again. "...Have you ever...um...you know...uh...killed...some...bod...y?" Tristen said. That just really didn't roll off the tongue good at all, grimacing towards Darts, as if to scream he was sorry for even daring to ask that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:45 pm
Blizzard120

Tristen followed Darts through the halls, through the emergency door, wincing from the dust that got kicked up from the ladder being traversed and being forced to let out a sneeze or two, but fresh air would grace the kid's nose once they made their way out to the top of the roof. The damp, fresh spring of water that ran through the mountain was a bit relaxing to the kid; a slight reprieve to how he was feeling just a few minutes ago, but only slight. The boy sat down on the edge of the roof, wondering how to start this conversation of the topic that bothered him so. Well, ready or not...

"Have...you uh..." A thought then came across the boy. He couldn't come out and straight up ask such a question, but then...there really was no easy way to ask, was there? The boy sighed, tried again. "...Have you ever...um...you know...uh...killed...some...bod...y?" Tristen said. That just really didn't roll off the tongue good at all, grimacing towards Darts, as if to scream he was sorry for even daring to ask that.

Huh. Darts has a sudden flashback to being cold, being hungry. Scratching and clawing to the top of the pile for the chance to get a couple scraps of moldy bread. Shivering in the rain in a gutter wrapped in a ratty black jacket. Being willing to do anything to go to bed with a warm meal in his gut and not having to worry about street thugs disfiguring him for another day. Fighting for territory, fighting for spoils, fighting for a place in a gang. When you're so desperate that something like taking another person's life seems non-consequential in the big picture. As if he'd had any idea what that even meant.

The hybrid settles his legs over the ledge as he sits down next to Tristen, not taking offense at the kid's question at all. He thinks of the Druddigon hybrid Zax and fighting back the urge to kill the man in one on one combat because of what he had done to Clair. The restraint it took that, at one time, he probably wouldn't have had. After a couple seconds of loaded silence, he answers, gazing off into the darkness surrounding their HQ. "...I have, yes."  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:50 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Huh. Darts has a sudden flashback to being cold, being hungry. Scratching and clawing to the top of the pile for the chance to get a couple scraps of moldy bread. Shivering in the rain in a gutter wrapped in a ratty black jacket. Being willing to do anything to go to bed with a warm meal in his gut and not having to worry about street thugs disfiguring him for another day. Fighting for territory, fighting for spoils, fighting for a place in a gang. When you're so desperate that something like taking another person's life seems non-consequential in the big picture. As if he'd had any idea what that even meant.

The hybrid settles his legs over the ledge as he sits down next to Tristen, not taking offense at the kid's question at all. He thinks of the Druddigon hybrid Zax and fighting back the urge to kill the man in one on one combat because of what he had done to Clair. The restraint it took that, at one time, he probably wouldn't have had. After a couple seconds of loaded silence, he answers, gazing off into the darkness surrounding their HQ. "...I have, yes."

The answer itself wasn't to any surprise to the boy. He kind of figured as such; some had a history like that around here. Even Freth, as far as he knew. Even his adoptive father even confessed he even attempted it before himself; albeit botched. That said, the question that was going to break this whole conversation wide open was "...why?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:58 pm
Blizzard120
The answer itself wasn't to any surprise to the boy. He kind of figured as such; some had a history like that around here. Even Freth, as far as he knew. Even his adoptive father even confessed he even attempted it before himself; albeit botched. That said, the question that was going to break this whole conversation wide open was "...why?"

What can you say to answer a question like that? "...I want to say I didn't know better at the time." Darts confesses, his gilt hands wringing themselves against each other with only the lightest of clacking in his lap as he thinks. "That I was young and I was stupid and I didn't know what I was doing. But I think answers like that are cop-outs. People like to give answers like that to make themselves feel better after the fact. 'Yeah I really didn't know what I was doing, that's right.' But in the moment, you do know you're crossing a line and you make the deliberate choice to cross it. It doesn't make you a bad person necessarily, nor does it really make you a better one." He sighs, letting his jacket sway a little as he moves to untuck the living garment from beneath him on the ledge.

"If I had to answer I suppose I would say I did it because it felt like I had to. But that's too much like justification. I did it because I thought it would make my life better, and I didn't give a thought to what it was going to do to those people or the people around them and me." Probably not what the kid wanted to hear, but honesty in a time like this is most likely the best policy. "I was doing it for myself."  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:11 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Blizzard120

What can you say to answer a question like that? "...I want to say I didn't know better at the time." Darts confesses, his gilt hands wringing themselves against each other with only the lightest of clacking in his lap as he thinks. "That I was young and I was stupid and I didn't know what I was doing. But I think answers like that are cop-outs. People like to give answers like that to make themselves feel better after the fact. 'Yeah I really didn't know what I was doing, that's right.' But in the moment, you do know you're crossing a line and you make the deliberate choice to cross it. It doesn't make you a bad person necessarily, nor does it really make you a better one." He sighs, letting his jacket sway a little as he moves to untuck the living garment from beneath him on the ledge.

"If I had to answer I suppose I would say I did it because it felt like I had to. But that's too much like justification. I did it because I thought it would make my life better, and I didn't give a thought to what it was going to do to those people or the people around them and me." Probably not what the kid wanted to hear, but honesty in a time like this is most likely the best policy. "I was doing it for myself."

The Electrike boy didn't expect an answer like that and it made him feel in more of an awkward position than what he was in originally. "I..." The kid didn't know what to say. "Zera, she..." The kid fumbled his words real hard, but then stopped, trying to think what to say to explain his case. "Oooh, I don't know..." The kid moaned. "Zera was gonna try to kill me, and she wanted to shadowfy all the team's Pokemon and Unova's, and and and I...I tried to stop her! I tried to kill her! I tried really hard! Even did it with Magmar's help! And...Leslie was yelling at me for being a baby for doing it and I dunno and Zera lived and-" The boy cut himself off, burying his face in his hands just then.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:19 pm
Blizzard120
The Electrike boy didn't expect an answer like that and it made him feel in more of an awkward position than what he was in originally. "I..." The kid didn't know what to say. "Zera, she..." The kid fumbled his words real hard, but then stopped, trying to think what to say to explain his case. "Oooh, I don't know..." The kid moaned. "Zera was gonna try to kill me, and she wanted to shadowfy all the team's Pokemon and Unova's, and and and I...I tried to stop her! I tried to kill her! I tried really hard! Even did it with Magmar's help! And...Leslie was yelling at me for being a baby for doing it and I dunno and Zera lived and-" The boy cut himself off, burying his face in his hands just then.

Darts sits there in silence, letting the kid have it out for the moment without interrupting the outpouring of emotions. Something sounded off about the story but he wasn't getting ready to probe just yet. After a couple moments, Darts continues forging down the path they were already traveling. "So why did you do it?" He asks calmly, gently trying to get the kid to unpackage the thorny bush of emotions he was dealing with.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:27 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Darts sits there in silence, letting the kid have it out for the moment without interrupting the outpouring of emotions. Something sounded off about the story but he wasn't getting ready to probe just yet. After a couple moments, Darts continues forging down the path they were already traveling. "So why did you do it?" He asks calmly, gently trying to get the kid to unpackage the thorny bush of emotions he was dealing with.

"Because...she wasn't gonna stop shadowfying the Pokemon even if I hadn't tried it and...and...she was gonna kill me if I didn't do something. She was still mad over me taking Magmar and...probably didn't help that I kinda had Magmar attack her from behind the other night with his Fire Blast attack...and it was the first thing that I thought about because she was so much stronger than me in a regular fight...I don't even think my Thunderbolt attack alone would have stopped her for long, and I was practicing it too...I needed something...something that really would have stopped her...even if it meant...well..." It was pretty much clear at this point this kid was pretty distraught over this.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:41 pm
Blizzard120
"Because...she wasn't gonna stop shadowfying the Pokemon even if I hadn't tried it and...and...she was gonna kill me if I didn't do something. She was still mad over me taking Magmar and...probably didn't help that I kinda had Magmar attack her from behind the other night with his Fire Blast attack...and it was the first thing that I thought about because she was so much stronger than me in a regular fight...I don't even think my Thunderbolt attack alone would have stopped her for long, and I was practicing it too...I needed something...something that really would have stopped her...even if it meant...well..." It was pretty much clear at this point this kid was pretty distraught over this.

"So it sounds to me like you had a clear reason you were doing it." Darts says, trying to interrupt Tristen's pity party for the moment. "You were doing it to protect someone or in this case something. You've seen what that Shadow Virus can do, firsthand if I'm not mistaken..."  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:51 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Blizzard120

"So it sounds to me like you had a clear reason you were doing it." Darts says, trying to interrupt Tristen's pity party for the moment. "You were doing it to protect someone or in this case something. You've seen what that Shadow Virus can do, firsthand if I'm not mistaken..."

"More than I wanna..." Tristen said. "Zebstrika when he was still a Blitzle...Magmar, too. I don't even know how long he was a Shadow Pokemon while he was with Zera...but...did I try to do the right thing?" Tristen said. "Blizz told me time and again that I shouldn't do it unless there's no other option and stuff, but at the same time, I remember a time where he said he tried doing it; tried to leave Ein, or who he thought was Ein, to die by leaving him mauled by a bunch of Pokemon who he really messed up, but it didn't sound like there was 'no choice'. He said he and the other Snagems had that guy pinned down with no way out. I...just...don't know..."  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games