Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Restless Dead [DnD 3.5] [Hiatus] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:43 pm
Alzzak
John grabbed the new comer's shoulder, "As a follower of WeeJas, you should be familiar with 'innocent until proven guilt'" He spoke trying to calm her down, "as a follower of Baccob, I have been with her for sometime, searching for proof she was, or is lying. And I have found none." He finished by holding the wooden symbol of Wee Jas out for her. "now take a deep breath and settle down, panic will not help matters."

John then proceeded to the body, to determine the cause of death. "Lydia, may I borrow an arrow?"

(sorry, thought this game was on a break.
dilomancy +1
heal check to death +5
search for goods +2

The woman grabs onto the holy symbol and clings to it as if she's afraid that it will simply fly away. "I... I see.. I'm sorry if I was jumping to conclusions. It's been... a rough two days. I don't even know if any of the others are even still alive. Uhm, I am a newer acolyte, but I still know some healing if anyone is in need."
She looks down a bit sheepishly as she calms herself. "As for the temple, if you need a guide, I'll help you, though I'm fairly useless in a fight."  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:40 pm
"Lets work on one thing at a time. We will work with the known and pray for better." John spoke keeping his eyes on the body, as not to let on she is currently a suspect, with Lydia, in the events. "Take a look at yourself and Threan. And, Tell us everything you can remember of the last few days."

Keeping his eyes focused anywhere, but her, he took out his prayerbook and on the final page wrote his findings.  

Alzzak

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:59 pm
"The last few days? Uhm.. This all started three days ago, I think... I'm not sure how long I was in the cocoon." She starts off a little nervously and fiddles with the holy symbol, her fingers tracing the design. "We, the acolytes, got up at dawn to prepare for morning services and do the cooking and stuff. Um, after that was morning prayer followed by breakfast. Oh! The priests were up for the prayer, they get up about an hour after dawn. Everything seemed normal.. The head priest was giving out instructions for the day when this.. thing came in. It looked like undead, but when we tried to turn it nothing happened."

Her face turns pale and she stops for a moment, trying to keep her focus on the symbol of Wee Jas. "We.. we tried to stop it.. but then... I don't know, everything was wrong. There were these monsters everywhere and I don't know how they got there. They would appear in closed rooms behind you. We couldn't get out, every time we tried a swarm of those things would appear. Then..." She gasps a little as she tries to hold back her tears. "Then.. then.. oh gods.. the dead came back! The priests and acolytes that fell got back up and came after us. It was ambush after ambush. I tried to hide, to sneak away, but something hit me, and when I woke up there was a spider.. and... a.. .man? I don't know. I'm sorry, I just don't know."

She takes a few calming breaths and says a quiet prayer to Wee Jas before continuing. "That's all I can remember. If there are any other survivors they may know more, but I don't know if anyone else is even still alive."
The woman raises her head a bit and looks at the odd group. "How... why.. why are you here anyway? No one comes here except the dead or dying. How did you even come to be here?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:15 am
"We are here to protect the village." Pyrrha said. "And find anyone still here."  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:31 pm
"Protect the village?" The woman asks slowly, a look of confusion crossing her face. "I think I need to hear your story as well, but maybe not here, not right now." She looks towards the blackness beyond the door. "Not until it's safe at least."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:43 pm
Lydia knew her reason for being here had nothing to do with saving the town, but she was not about to tell that to the woman. It wasn't that her true reason was nefarious, far from it. It just was personal and a little embarrassing when compared to the far loftier goal of everybody else. "Yes, that is the trick of the matter right now, trying to figure out where to go that will be safe. Do we still want make for the library or perhaps the acolyte here knows of a more secure place to barricade ourselves."

Lydia takes the arrow she currently had notched in her bow and tosses it to John. She then draws another from her quiver to replace the forms spot in her bow. Lyida then speaks to the lady once more. "What is your name by the way, if you don't mind telling us. I would prefer to have something to call you by other then acolyte."

((Sorry, I forgot about your request for an arrow until now.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:56 pm
"Um, I'm Akemi - " Whatever else she was going to say is cut off as a quiet tapping noise comes from the closed door in the north wall...

"Oh gods, not this again..." Akemi quietly begins praying to Wee Jas for some sort of divine protection.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:17 pm
"The old man said, he first noticed this four days ago..." John muttered to himself broken by catching the arrow, and then by the tapping.

"Again, not likely the same outcome. Akemi corner! And be prepared to define the man. Also explain the importance of brooze and copper glitter." he spoke pointing to the north west corner of their room. Placing his palm on the door handle, he readied himself to open and flee so the others could attack.

"Our friend on the floor was tortured and skin removed." he spoke quickly trying to catch every one up on what he knew; knowing he ill-prepared and could die.  

Alzzak

orphen5555

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:27 pm
Threan glances to Lydia and nods as to confirm his own statement before listening to Akemi's tale with a neutral disposition and nods when Pyrrha speaks their reason for being here. As they continue to speak he moves his hand to adjust his wide brim hat a little lower on his face.

As the tapping begins Threan checks his crossbow and raises it in the direction of the north door. "Th-Threan by the way." he says quietly, moving himself inbetween Lydia and the door.

(Sorry about my disappearance. Been moving for the last three days and it's been rough. I should be good now that things are settling down a little.)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:51 pm
Feeling a little exposed in her current position Lydia backs into the south east corner of the room. She keeps her bow drawn and at the ready. aiming it at the door. "We don't seem to get a break, do we?"  

Kowsauni
Crew

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:50 pm
Pyrrha moved to the front of the group. "Stay behind me. We can make it through this."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:07 pm
Akemi cowers behind the group, praying quietly. "I-I'll d my best to back you up... but I don't fight... well.. not well anyway..." Her voice tapers off at the end.  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:12 pm
The tap, tap, tapping resumes on the door for a moment before the wooden door splinters under a heavy blow. In the doorway stands an even larger spider than before, it's jaws oozing with venom...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. [Everyone Roll Init]
loth17

Kowsauni

orphen5555

Alzzak

monster

Kishi Bojin rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:16 pm
[Spider +3 = 16]  

Kishi Bojin

Friendly Explorer

Kowsauni rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:38 pm
Initiative +3  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games