Fantastically
  BAD
View Results

Living Ink
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:32 pm
master fire angle
Lonelycry
I have to say Eragon.I read the books of the Inheritace trilogy and all the most important parts were cut out.It was nothing like the book at all,I wanted to throw my slushie in Brom's face.

you know i agree
infact (the program location is lost to me de to complications) i made a animation where bacicly the movie producers threw eregon the book on the ground and ran it over with a lawn mower before picking up the reamanes and theres the script

ROFL! A lawn mower! Brilliant! rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:09 pm
The sad thing about Eragon was that it wasn't even good as a movie. There are a lot of movies I'm slightly disappointed in because of how much of the book was left out (Harry Potter anyone?) but at least they were decent as the movies themselves, but the Eragon movie was just bad all around.  

ciran87

i L i G h T_2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:38 am
HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY!!!!!It was confusing and boring,not to mechin stupid.But if they had better actors it might have been better.

And yes i'm a new member of this guild!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm
Hmm worst fantasy movie...Yah I have to agree with most of you. Eragon is so far the worst movie I have seen.  

iiCookehMonstur

Ireth Faelin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:45 pm
Actually I didnt like the movie either... Just the movie I cant wait for the third book 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:15 pm
miranda anime girl
Actually I didnt like the movie either... Just the movie I cant wait for the third book 4laugh

I've never read the book, but my friends say the book is a lot better...A LOT better  

iiCookehMonstur

Coco the Grim Kitty

6,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:35 pm
I agree. I have been diappointed in both the Eregon and HP moives (mostly the HP 3rd moive. Harry never learns who the Muraders were). But Eregon was good even with what they left out. Think about it, human, elves and dwarves traveling together to save the world. LotR anyone? So I guess to keep from being too similar, they had to change it.

Worst of the worst though has to be Hitchhiker's Guide. Made no sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 pm
Coco the Grim Kitty
I agree. I have been diappointed in both the Eregon and HP moives (mostly the HP 3rd moive. Harry never learns who the Muraders were). But Eregon was good even with what they left out. Think about it, human, elves and dwarves traveling together to save the world. LotR anyone? So I guess to keep from being too similar, they had to change it.

Ok I didnt like the movie (Eragon) because, I kept comparing it to the book, but even as a movie, the plot sucked, and it should have been made into 2 movies instead of one. (As for Harry Potter, because I didn't read the books because I saw the first movie for free (because I wasn't interested in the books at the time) and I liked it, and I knew if I read the books I would think the movie sucks.

Ironically, the 3rd HP movie was my favorite XD the 4th in a close second.

Now that I re read The Eragon books, its like he just took ideas from Star Wars and LotR and meshed them together. I boy who lives as a farmer is thrown into a world where he suddenly finds an old master who teaches him how to use his special powers to save the world from evil tyranny. So he sets out on a long journey to train and find a resistance group, whereupon his master dies. The elves also have some sort of amazing things and hate dwarves for no reason and they live hidden in the woods because men suck.

haha ring a bell?  

Skiota

Zimmian Zisk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:38 pm
okay, to the above person, read the HP books. the only complaint with the first two is the stuff they left out, otherwise their still good movies. every movie after left out WAY to much of the book, and really don't make sense when compared to the books. read them, trust me.

spoilers to follow. from both books.

second, Eragon also has several things to make it different from the aforementioned things.
unlike starwars, them mentor doesn't die in a mostly needless fight with the ultimate evil. instead, he dies saving Eragon from its minions. the hero ALSO is not the son of the ultimate evil, but rather ANOTHER of its underlings. a bit cliche', yes, but quite well timed. that, and he isn't the last hope for his elite group, and he didn't turn down training to aid in a fight until he absolutely had to.
and the only similarity to LotR here is the races. and even then, the dwarves have a much different story around them (did the books for LotR ever say much about the Dwarven culture?) and the elves... well, they are a great many differences, but nothing incredibly major. oh and the dragons are still around.
I noticed a few similarities to the dragonriders of pern as well. its a fantasy book! every fantasy book with elves and dwarves is compared to LotR! it set the bar, live with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:15 am
The move eragon SUCKED--- but I love the books.
Another bad fantasy movie is Reign of Fire (2000- i think).
The graphics and effects are amazing and the dragons are incredible, but the movie itself is boring.  

spice_hunter

Tentenxhinata

High-functioning Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:27 pm
Lonelycry
I have to say Eragon.I read the books of the Inheritace trilogy and all the most important parts were cut out.It was nothing like the book at all,I wanted to throw my slushie in Brom's face.

You know...i have to disagree with you on the Eragon thing...I WAS gonna say it was the worst ive seen until I remembered watching DRAGON WARS..........WORST...MOVIE....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eragon is second worst v.v. If you wanna know why dragon wars sucked so much......watch it yourself OR.....listen to my explanations...THEN watch it yourself. NOW THEN...... Dragon Wars had no plot....the acting sucked....and it was (for lack of better words) badly written....i thought that it was gonna be kinda like Tranfsormers except with dragons....who wouldnt want to see that? That wouldve been awesome! but it was nothing like that....it was a flashback within a flash back....then the flash back had a flashback then it flashed forward to another flash back which was the dream of the first flashback(?) or something like that e.e" it was horrible okay....it was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont think i need to explain more....but if u for some reason want me to explain more....i wont so dont ask! xD but seriously...dont waste your time unless you like wasting your time <.<" all i can say is....that movie was two hours full of nothing and the director, the producer...pretty much everyone who had anything to do with this film including but not limited to the actors and ESPECIALLY the writers should be shot, have their eyes removed, have their now empty eye sockets filled with sulfuric acid, then dammit, they should be shot again...and again....and again!!...................and again and again and again <.<

and again! <.<  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm
Eragon. The book was marvelous. The movie murdered it. Full stop. Case closed.  

Youko Kasumi

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200

Shorakowane

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:49 am
Eragon and Narnia (lion, witch, wardrobe) the books were awsome but the movies killed them, still can't wait till nov 20.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:22 am
Well, since Eragon has already been shot down plenty, I won't even mention it. One fantasy movie I was hoping for more from was Dungeons and Dragons (does anyone even remember that movie? It was a while ago). Basically, it didn't deliver. Sad.  

songsilence

Original Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Starmica

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:21 pm
I have to say Eragon was the worst fantasy movie I've ever seen. I mean- they couldn't even handle killing one of the characters at the right time. And they totally left out an important town that is critical in the second book. I don't see how they can even make a second movie to it. I loved the books, but they needed to try and follow the books.  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff