awesome
  a religion
  a cult (me:<< baka)
  stupid (<<me: teme)
View Results

Naynram Ukir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:11 pm
Sensual Enigma Tourmaline
Riku, I think you need to study more. It sounds like you're trying to condemn the religion, and that's just rude.

I'm definitely not condemning the religion, anyone is free to believe and practice as they want. However, the Great Rite, is ritualized sex, and sex with a minor is illegal.

This site shows it.
Quote:
The High Priest and High Priestess now have intercourse.This is a
private matter between them and none of the Coven can question them about
it. When they are done, one of them ritually opens the Circle and calls the
rest of the Coven. When they are back in the Circle, it is again sealed.
The wine is now consecrated.

This site is very accurate, and like I said before in my first posts, they are all the original texts, the Book of Shadows Gerald Gardner made, that came from other different occult practices.

Personally, I find the idea of Ritualized sex, if done between someone you love immensely, very appealing. Reading that, at least the ritual, in my mind, evoked alot of emotion.

But it's illegal for people under 18 to 'do it'. Pun intended. lol

I'm speaking of Gardnerian Wicca, of course. I've just grown to accept people who aren't of a Gardnerian Wiccan lineage, are usually just eclectic, and they all have different beliefs.

So. *shrugs*
I don't care anymore.
While I do think they should still search religions to see which one fits their beliefs more, that's not up to me, or for me to do.

It is a cult, a religious Witch cult, because Gardnerian Wiccans practice the Great Rite to be an official initiate. And, as that site says, it's ritualized, sexual magic.
It is also a religion, and they are made up of covens.
Also, all religions which gather together are cults, but not all cults are religions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:15 pm

Also, to Efstathios, the book Wicca For The Solitary Practitioner is by Scott Cunningham.

Naynram Ukir

SayGee

Dapper Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:20 pm
Toshi Shino
I didn't know that if the board is burnt that could happen. That is another interesting thing I heard about those Ouji boards... I hope what is happening upstairs and your room will get resolved tsuki. (If I may call you that.)

I find that Wicca is an interesting religion...

(yes you may, I normally tell people to just call me tsuki or by my real name, which is Sage...I love my name ^^ I just hate it when people tell me I ruined their dinners last night stare )

It is indeed very interesting to learn about 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:47 pm
Interesting... I saw some information on Eclectic Wicca...

Edit.

I also found some information on Seax-Wica.  

Toshi Shino

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

davin510

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:53 am
kool  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:07 pm
I am solitary ecletic

Meaning. I take a bit from everything and work alone..  

crystalized_1

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:57 pm
Quote:
a cult (me:<< baka)

I voted "a cult (me less than less than [chicken noise])"  
Swordsman of God generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 4!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:55 am
Worshipers of Baal... A fool tells Jesus that he is not the Real and One Only GOD....

FOOL!! Repent!! or burn that is up to you!

User Image

Swordsman of God

bleedingreality

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:53 pm
Swordsmen-of-God
Worshipers of Baal... A fool tells Jesus that he is not the Real and One Only GOD....

FOOL!! Repent!! or burn that is up to you!

Look, I understand what you're trying to do. But the fact of the mater is that it's rude.

It's one thing to join in on a thread and debate an issue in a nonjudgmental way, or to even start your own thread about how you think we're all going to burn in hell, we're all allowed to our own opinions. But the fact of the mater is, that what you posted looks, even though it might be meaningful to you, like spam to probably everyone else, including me. Which, basically, just makes you look like a jerk.

All of that said, while I can't speak for everyone else here. I can almost bet, that if you did some research, and actually tried to converse on the forums, instead of yelling at everyone, that you'd be a lot more welcomed.

So anyway, there's my two cents.
---

*goes back on topic* So, does anyone have a list of Pagan and Wiccan websites? I've found a lot of good information at hermetics.org, but I would like to do a lot more reading on the subject.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:36 am
Baal what is that? Talk about having no Regligous(sp?) tolerance.

I guess I could look some sites up. I remember that Efstathios and riku had posted a lot of different sites in this topic.  

Toshi Shino

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

bleedingreality

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:42 pm
Toshi Shino
Baal what is that? Talk about having no Regligous(sp?) tolerance.

I guess I could look some sites up. I remember that Efstathios and riku had posted a lot of different sites in this topic.

The subject of Baal is actually somewhat complicated (There's more information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal if you're interested.), although, in this context I'm assuming that it's referring to Satan, or a demon, or something of that sort of persuasion. At least that's what I can piece together from my escapades with Christian Dogma.

And I agree with you on the religious tolerance. One would think that it would be getting better... but I look at it this way, at least I can't legally be burned at the stake right now (well, in the U.S. or Canada). So there have been some advancements. Plus I wasn't much better at one point myself, so I can't really point fingers. On the upshot though, if I can pull my head out of my rear, I believe there's hope for anyone.

*nods* I noticed that there are links throughout the thread, but couldn't quite get a feel as to which ones are say, more historically accurate, or contain more wide spread Wicca (or would it be Wiccan?) beliefs and such. I know there's some amount of rhetoric about it, you know, it's an earth based religion, that usually involves a belief in a god and a goddess, but I haven't been able to pin down much other than that.

So, anyway, *L* links would be quite helpful, but there's no big rush to get them. I've been fairly busy lately and have no problem waiting. smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:26 pm
I am not being rude just telling you the truth.... if you dont like then change it.... and find the truth of Jesus which is the one true light.....

Swordsman of God

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:47 pm
To people wanting links.

One of the best sites is Witch's Voice There's a lot of interesting articles written by witches and you can find out about public rituals near you or covens and events of sorts.

Also Sacred Texts has an internet BoS that is a collection of article written by witches. It's interesting.

A friend of mine is studying Wicca quite intensively and one of his favorite books is Grimoire For The Green Witch

Side note, if anyone tells you you have to have sex to be a Wiccan, they are lying. Report them for sexual harassment.
Sex is a very big part of Wicca, but practices vary between covens. Some even forbid romantic relationships between a teacher and an initiate.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:55 pm
Swordsmen-of-God
I am not being rude just telling you the truth.... if you dont like then change it.... and find the truth of Jesus which is the one true light.....

neutral
I understand that you love your belief and you're just expressing it
but.....could...you please....just an incy tiny bit, tone it down?
sorry, but you're being rude
what you said in your earlier post was rude stare
let me go find my paper I'm posting it just for your sake....  

SayGee

Dapper Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200

DarkLynx9701

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:32 pm
Swordsmen-of-God

Actually, you are being quite rude. Look at it from their perspective, Swordsman. Imagine someone just came up and (effectively) yelled in your ears that everything you believe in is wrong and that you should change your beliefs to theirs without even bothering to really say why.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff