Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ObscureEnigma

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:23 am
HoofFoot
ObscureEnigma
Suicide is one of those matters on which I am wishy-washy. Perhaps there was ONE time in which I tried to commit suicide, but I realized that there are other options to make myself happy. Then again, there are worse situations than the ones that I had. If one wants to commit suicide, I can only advise against it because there is so much more out there; life can change in a blink of an eye, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. However, I cannot necessarily actively stop one from committing such an act. It is one's decision what happens with one's life.

A wise way to approach suicide and suicidal people.

I have a question for everyone.

Would you help a suicidal person to commit suicide? Why/Why not? Would you try and help the person find another way to get rid of their problems?

Well, it depends on who the person is, of course. If the person really has a good reason to commit suicide, as in, this person actually gives me a great reason to commit suicide (health problems, an actual miserable life, and truly believes that it would be the best way to end life), then I will surely be able to aid him/her. If the person just wanted to commit suicide for attention or just because this person gives me a stupid reason as to why his or her life is miserable, then I will absolutely not help at all. My friend has contemplated suicide many times, and I have tried to help him out several times. I have given him literally every other option on Earth and have tried to help him out. He is now 21 years old. Personally, I do not actually believe that he wants to commit suicide at all. He says it for attention. If he actually wanted to commit suicide with all of the times that he has told me, then he would have done it already, with or without my say. It personally pisses me off when people say such things for attention. I do not believe it is a horrible thing to commit suicide at all. Sure it may be a sign of weakness, but we all are weak at one point or another. I am not going to judge someone if one wishes to commit suicide. That is not the area on which I should tread.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:13 am
ObscureEnigma
HoofFoot
ObscureEnigma
Suicide is one of those matters on which I am wishy-washy. Perhaps there was ONE time in which I tried to commit suicide, but I realized that there are other options to make myself happy. Then again, there are worse situations than the ones that I had. If one wants to commit suicide, I can only advise against it because there is so much more out there; life can change in a blink of an eye, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad. However, I cannot necessarily actively stop one from committing such an act. It is one's decision what happens with one's life.

A wise way to approach suicide and suicidal people.

I have a question for everyone.

Would you help a suicidal person to commit suicide? Why/Why not? Would you try and help the person find another way to get rid of their problems?

Well, it depends on who the person is, of course. If the person really has a good reason to commit suicide, as in, this person actually gives me a great reason to commit suicide (health problems, an actual miserable life, and truly believes that it would be the best way to end life), then I will surely be able to aid him/her. If the person just wanted to commit suicide for attention or just because this person gives me a stupid reason as to why his or her life is miserable, then I will absolutely not help at all. My friend has contemplated suicide many times, and I have tried to help him out several times. I have given him literally every other option on Earth and have tried to help him out. He is now 21 years old. Personally, I do not actually believe that he wants to commit suicide at all. He says it for attention. If he actually wanted to commit suicide with all of the times that he has told me, then he would have done it already, with or without my say. It personally pisses me off when people say such things for attention. I do not believe it is a horrible thing to commit suicide at all. Sure it may be a sign of weakness, but we all are weak at one point or another. I am not going to judge someone if one wishes to commit suicide. That is not the area on which I should tread.

I agree. It seems to me too that he just wants attention, but of course, it could be about a lack of courage to carry on with his plans.

But seriously, people who go around shouting about their suicidal plans are surely after the attention, which shows that something is wrong with the person. Maybe they feel they are still just children left alone and want someone to watch over them. People are forced to grow up so quickly nowadays, they never have enough time to have a childhood, which will cost them and the society much more later than would have been necessary.  

Nimeton Ei Kukaan

Rayne-Shi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:54 pm
`Breathless
Everyone's points are amazing (except just about two)
I highely agree with attacking the depressed person because they want suicide. It truely is a selfish thing, but we are all selfish and saying "It's gods will for you to live" God won't care about one person coming to visit him sooner. I don't understand that concept of that whole idea. To stop somone from suicide you have to think of why? You arguments are very well thought out and I thank you for bringing up this issue

if your calling us selfish, and a coward, arent yooh a bit too? like he said, your selfish for wanting us, miserable beings in your life forever, and your a coward because you yell at people with problems you dont understand.... crying crying crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:06 pm
well i am Christian, and my life is terrible, ive contempulated suicide many times, but the same question comes back to me would i go to hell?, cause i know none would miss me, and if they would they should show it  

War Resistance

Nimeton Ei Kukaan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:09 am
War Resistance
well i am Christian, and my life is terrible, ive contempulated suicide many times, but the same question comes back to me would i go to hell?, cause i know none would miss me, and if they would they should show it

God is allknowing, right? I you give up, he already knew and the whole "going to hell" was never your own decision to make, so you either go to hell, even if you won't give up, or you won't go to hell, even if you do give up. Do what feels right to you.

Rayne-Shi
`Breathless
Everyone's points are amazing (except just about two)
I highely agree with attacking the depressed person because they want suicide. It truely is a selfish thing, but we are all selfish and saying "It's gods will for you to live" God won't care about one person coming to visit him sooner. I don't understand that concept of that whole idea. To stop somone from suicide you have to think of why? You arguments are very well thought out and I thank you for bringing up this issue

if your calling us selfish, and a coward, arent yooh a bit too? like he said, your selfish for wanting us, miserable beings in your life forever, and your a coward because you yell at people with problems you dont understand.... crying crying crying

We are all selfish, I'm selfish, you are selfish and Breathless is selfish, I also tend to be a coward, so if there is a less painful way to do things, I tend to choose that one. Of course, I also know when the painful and demanding way is the best and possibly only way to do things, and I think other people know too. I'm not here to call people names, I'm here to talk about suicide, what arguments people use and if suicide is wrong or not.

I myself think suicide can be justified and we should be more understanding towards people who are seriously thinking of ending their lives, if we want to keep them with us, we have to help them solve their problems and make their life worth living, otherwise we have no right to tell them to lstay with us. We need to work to maintain relationships, be it "just" friendship, partnership or something else.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:48 pm
the question is if u want to do it y havent u, whats stoping u, not that im saying u should, but y  

War Resistance

Nimeton Ei Kukaan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:43 am
War Resistance
the question is if u want to do it y havent u, whats stoping u, not that im saying u should, but y

I will most likely commit suicide in the distant future, but that's then. I don't want to commit suicide now, I still have many things to do and they provide me with enough pleasure and happiness to keep me going.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:57 pm
why, what happened to u that makes life unbareable  

War Resistance

Nimeton Ei Kukaan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:46 am
Many things, War Resistance, but I will not go into them here or now, mostly because they're personal and the rest is just a big mess even I can't fully understand, I can't remember my childhood very well, it comes to me bit by bit and often it isn't a pleasant experience.

But I didn't say I'm going to kill myself right now, I said it might happen in the future sooner or later. Most likely I will kill myself when I'm too old to take care of myself by myself. I don't want to be a burden and left alone in the old folks' house.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:17 pm
as long as the burdens i carry are mine, ill try to live on  

War Resistance

Sorrow Surgeon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 am
Life is interesting.Every day you live,you get closer to dying.I hate myself and life.I don't want to escape reality,I'm not trying to be selfish,but I cannot see a way out.I've heard the whole life is hard,things will get better,just have hope.It's sad that life is so painful,people kill themselves and end it early,but what else is left to do?I usually try to help people,but now I need the help.Suicide is the reason I'm sad.How can I try to look for happiness when people are so hurt they overcome the fear of death to kill themselves.Every single living person effects the world everyday.I hate life for it's cruelty,taking away good people.I would love to be able to stop everyones suffering.I would love to be able to tell them how much they mean to the world and that even though I don't know them,I would love for them to stay.I just can't see why I should though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:56 am
I agree with you, Yea, everyone has problems, and seriously, if people want to commit suicide, they dont TELL people. They just plan it, and do it, without saying a word to anyone. The people who say, i want to commit suicide, they're reaching out to you. If they didn't want help, they wouldn't say anything and just go right ahead and do it. They WANT to be discouraged, and told that they're needed, wanted, ect. Seriously, though, I'm not against suicide, i don't think its wrong, but if a friend of mine was suicidal, i would do my best and give it my all to discourage them.

Seriously, though, EVERYONE has their own problems. Some are worse, others not as bad... if you ask ANYONE they will most likely complain bout multiple things. And seriously, people who want to kill themselves because of pressure at work, school, they're lonely, are pitiful in my opinion. There are people out there, families with abusive parents, kids and adults starving, missing body parts and organs, homeless people, illegal immigrants living in an unwanted place, kids and adults with disabilities, both mental and physical, maybe a combination of thoes problems. These people out there, they're still living... In fact, im involved in a couple of thoes situations. I'm not suicidal. If u just sit around, mope, do NOTHING to make urself feel better, life WILL suck, and you WILL not want to live on; so... change that. Change ur life, make the best of it, dont mope about ur problems. And yes, I am aware that depression can not be helped in most cases, and you don't want to do anything, you just need to be alone, cry, feel sorry for yourself, or whatever it is u need to do when u feel depressed. I KNOW that. And seriously, It really sucks that people would kill themselves becuase of little things that seem huge to them. Such as a teen killing themselves because they're not accepted in school, or, have no friends.

Suicide is a friggen touchy subject for me. Seriously, whenever someone mentions suicide, I get into a friggen conversation, and don't shut up until im exausted.

A person I know seriously has a ******** up life. Her sister is disabled, has a father who's abusive, and a*****e, she's not wanted here, so that just jepordises her chances at ANYTHING she wants to do. Every time, after trying so hard and putting up with everyone's crap, she thinks everything's fine, then falls deep down into s**t and has to repeat the cycle. EVERY time there's something stopping her from being happy. As if there's a constant reminder her life is ******** up. And seriously, i admire her, becuase even with all her problems, she is alive and well, and is striving to BECOME someone. Sure, she breaks down sometimes, and thinks about sucide, but every time she tells me there's too much to live for. If there were more people like her, there would be a less percentage of commited suicide and suicide attemps.  

XtaticJo

Nimeton Ei Kukaan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:46 pm
XtaticJo
I agree with you, Yea, everyone has problems, and seriously, if people want to commit suicide, they dont TELL people. They just plan it, and do it, without saying a word to anyone. The people who say, i want to commit suicide, they're reaching out to you. If they didn't want help, they wouldn't say anything and just go right ahead and do it. They WANT to be discouraged, and told that they're needed, wanted, ect. Seriously, though, I'm not against suicide, i don't think its wrong, but if a friend of mine was suicidal, i would do my best and give it my all to discourage them.

Seriously, though, EVERYONE has their own problems. Some are worse, others not as bad... if you ask ANYONE they will most likely complain bout multiple things. And seriously, people who want to kill themselves because of pressure at work, school, they're lonely, are pitiful in my opinion. There are people out there, families with abusive parents, kids and adults starving, missing body parts and organs, homeless people, illegal immigrants living in an unwanted place, kids and adults with disabilities, both mental and physical, maybe a combination of thoes problems. These people out there, they're still living... In fact, im involved in a couple of thoes situations. I'm not suicidal. If u just sit around, mope, do NOTHING to make urself feel better, life WILL suck, and you WILL not want to live on; so... change that. Change ur life, make the best of it, dont mope about ur problems. And yes, I am aware that depression can not be helped in most cases, and you don't want to do anything, you just need to be alone, cry, feel sorry for yourself, or whatever it is u need to do when u feel depressed. I KNOW that. And seriously, It really sucks that people would kill themselves becuase of little things that seem huge to them. Such as a teen killing themselves because they're not accepted in school, or, have no friends.

Suicide is a friggen touchy subject for me. Seriously, whenever someone mentions suicide, I get into a friggen conversation, and don't shut up until im exausted.

You make it sound like no one ever tries to make their life better. My point is, I know many people who have tried to commit suicide after they've tried everything to improve their situation, and I knew people who got tired of their own failures and cruelty of others. They reached out for help, but they were turned down, that's why they died.

Of course people try to survive, some people just are naturally stronger and can take more crap before it's too much. People are different, you can't compare them just like that. What's important to you isn't most likely important to everyone else, and the other way around. It's not as simple as 1+1=2.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:23 pm
i must tell everyone here who reads this forum to READ THIS!!!!!!
i myself have been so down i wanted to commit suicide.
but then i met this boy over the phone. his name was mario.
a friend of mine introdused us in order to get him to like me, cause he liked shy girls. anyways this boy had been causeing my friend missery, so she wanted to break his heart, but she told me this after we met.
My friend, she, she was going throuhg a hard time and mario made her talk with him, threatening his life if she didnt, so she talked. all he would ever tell her of was his missery, and this only added to hers.
getting back to the sory of us two meeting, when i first talked to this guy, his first immpression came at me as lonley, and extreamly perverted. these kind of things scare me, since it just does, for some reason... anyway, we talked for about three hours over the phone, then i had to go. or at least thats what i told him. i call up my friend and told her what he said to me and she was so angry, for what he had told me, not only because of what he said, the other was because he told her the same thing. thats when she told me of her plans of getting this guy, but i reluctantly refused.
i thought it was over but it wasnt, the guy had caller i.d., so he called me non stop, and i answered, trying to make him feel beter. then i heared my friend was in the hospital, why?, because Mario had made her so depressed, she became vert ill. So mario called me, telling me how bad he felt, then he started talking about suicide, when my cell phone turned itself off.
no he didnt commit suicede, when i turned it back on my cell had a new message saying i was making him sad. so i told him about my cell problem, then we called a night.
i ignored his calls and texed mssages. he called me by the hour non stop.
(this is durring summer vacation) He was driving me insane, cause i still read his messages but not repleyed, he made me give up my dream of becoming a psycologist , he was that depressing.
to cut to the chase, my friend is now out of the hospital, so he starts calling her again, but her # was now changed, so he came back to me.
he called me at 11 pm, i for some reason was feeling bad, so i answered, we talked till 12, and i finally saw a good side to him, at the end of our conversation, he made a turn for the worse, he told me i was his last chance, he said if i became his girlfriend, everything will be good, if i said no bad things will happen. so we hung up, and i told him id call him tomorrow.
but i simply couldnt call him, so i text him saying that i didnt want to be his girlfriend, i mean it was too soon, ive known him for 2 weeks now, and that id rather be friends. ( i couldnt even believe i told him i wanted to be his friend)
he text me back saying goodbye, and not to worry. after that, i started to punish myself, by punching, among other ways i refuse to say. but soon he started texting me again, calling me a lier, i was a bad person, asking if i had told on someone(him), and i couldnt eat for another week, this guy told me he was going to kill himself, and now hes calling me a bad person.
The moral of this, is no suicide is not selfish, but it kills more than it helps, so plez no one do it, this guy killed me inside its been monthes and i still am not over it. everyother week or so i look back on the texts, i just couldnt delete them, all i could do is look. mario is stil alive, but he was only feeling so bad for himself, he is a homicidal talker.  

War Resistance

47: The Depression Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces