Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:43 pm
Meh, what defines a good Christian?

I rather liked C.S. Lewis's "Mere Christianity" Because he made a strong case for it, and though I don't agree with him completely ( I have an issue with gender roles) I respect his opinions, they're sound and logical.

You don't have to be a Christian to be a good person anyway, but you've probably figured that out already.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:47 pm
Faith doesnt define a good person. A good person defines a good person. Regardless of faith.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:09 pm
Some people are completely incapable of thinking for themselves and don't know how to define a good person without some moldy old book giving them strict, outdated, prejudiced, biased guidlines.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:28 pm
That is true, but others are just naturally good.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:57 pm
Indeed, and they are the ones that christians hunt down for being sinful.

You can do whatever you want as long as you accept JC as your savior. Grrr

He's not even a savior! Just a really nice guy who tried to help people out by giving them some ideals they could actually uphold (Well except the 'men must be perfect as their father in heaven is perfect' bit) give them all big hugs and say everything's gonna be ok brothers and sisters.

I need to stop reminding myself why I intend to be sequestered in a Liberal Arts college most of my adult life.

A lot of people are good, it's human nature to be good. Human's are also carnal creatures though, and religious people think that's bad. It really isn't, it's just the way we are and as long as we don't do anything stupid we're good.

I guess it's the whole not giving knives to children sort of thing. The people who need religion are like people who must be kept away from knives, used carefully knives are perfectly fine, but if you don't use caution you're f***ed.

Ah hah! My newest theory!
Religion is for people who can't handle life.

Wait...That's not new.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:02 pm
Very nice. And very accurate. I know how to properly handle knives. And I teach others to do so aswell. I have seen injuries ranging from a shallow cut, to severing a hand. If people cant handle life, thats there problem. Not mine. I try to help, but some people just cant be reached.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:27 pm
Thanks.

Well, I think I handle knives ok, but as my karate instructers were fond of saying.

"The biggest room in the world is the room for improvement"

So cheesy sounding. So true.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:28 pm
I'll have to write that one down. Im not saying Im perfect, but Im damn good. Thats for sure.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:51 pm
Where does everyone keep getting these bunny things?
I want one.

Anyway, no one's perfect, but if all you say is true it's pretty D*mn impressive.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:12 pm
I bought mine in the market for like 900. There part of a quest thing on gaia. I dont know.

I guess it is pretty impressive what Im capable of.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:23 pm
A quest? hrm.
Then it should be possible to get them somehow outside of the mp.
I don't know, this bears investigating.

I don't think I can do anything impressive. I can fake a pretty nifty level of genius though.

*Edit* I got a Mimzy! They're not hard to get at all, you just have to watch the trailer.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:16 pm
Really? Oh well.

I know exactly what you mean there. Exactly.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:40 am
What? The fact that I'm like a real-life metamorph?

Oh, the thread and my head collided. Yeah, theoretically my IQ is actually genius level, but as I know actual geniuses, I know that is incorrect.
Certainly I'm above the bleeting masses of Paris Hilton fans, but I'm not a genius either.
You do that too? Talk about things you don't really understand as if you did and have people think you're so smart when you're actually trying to have a discussion with them about something you don't understand, but they think your question is rhetorical because it's so far above their head?
That made no sense >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:01 pm
It actually made perfect sense. And yea, same here. Theoretcially, I should be a genius. I have an IQ of 135. I have an EQ of 123. Very balanced. Very high. But I just choose not to use my mind to its full capacity.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:27 am
Heh, last time I took an IQ test it was 136.
I've not heard of an EQ before though.  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces