The one,
Is love,

A dad to those who are Fatherless,
A lover to the lonely ones,

The one has died for all of us,
The one took my place,
What about Yours.

By John Goddard aka. Angel-Spot1
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God is Real there is no doubt...
Ask anyone and they will have to say yes there is something greater then Us....
So God is real why not the rest?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:11 am
nice poem, Angel Spot  

chessiejo

Swordsman of God

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:37 am
God not me  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:04 pm
Now that's a little silly - even if you believe God works through you (which is a mite arrogant, in my opinion), the work was still put forth through your hand. When someone says 'Nice job!' it's a compliment, and you should be happy! The fact that it was written in God's name, or if you so believe, by God through you, is irrelevant! Someone said something nice, say Thank You, not You're Quite Mistaken.

In my humble opinion.  

KanadajinGaijin

Big Genius

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:52 pm
The kids got a point you know. And dude, are you from Canada?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:16 pm
Yes. And the kid as in me, or as in Angel?  

KanadajinGaijin

Big Genius

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:26 pm
Kid as in you. Im from Canada aswell, BC to be exact. I dont give my city out to people I dont know very well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:59 pm
That's alright, I'd hate to interfere with your work. ^_^  

KanadajinGaijin

Big Genius

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:14 am
I'd rather not have to 'work' at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:52 pm
I live in Latin America... the practice of "Santeros" (or, Catholic-influenced Shamans, if you prefer) is commonplace.  

Karrobher

Hygienic Noob

2,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:17 pm
Not here dude. Here, people like me are outcasts, were considered 'goth' or 'emo' because we know the truth. I dont fall into either of those categories, but sometimes I wonder.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:43 am
chessiejo
in my personal opinion

not binding on anyone of course

there is a real turning toward these questions of depth and substance, where do i come from, where am i going...

but the problem is that the usual avenues for answering these questions, churches (me), synagogues, mosques, whatever, have sold out to the rich and powerful and are unable to reply, other than to tell us to be patient and keep making moiney for them.

i have to disagree with u here. as it happens i learn a lot at chuch. the church is a body of believers not a building thats rented to the highest bidder. the church is the people not the building. we learn from each other.  

Friend of God

Friend of God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:58 am
person_face1986
chessiejo
in my personal opinion

there is a real turning toward these questions of depth and substance, where do i come from, where am i going...

but the problem is that the usual avenues for answering these questions, churches (me), synagogues, mosques, whatever, have sold out to the rich and powerful and are unable to reply, other than to tell us to be patient and keep making moiney for them.

I agree with your statement entirely...I am a christian but I don't go to church because I don't see the need to pay my church for my spritual well being...god never asked for any money...the churches and establishements of religion just want to look better and are always asking for money no matter how much they already have!

then how do u fellowship? how do u discuss with other believers whats on ur mind? do u go to a youth group? even Christ had fellowship with other believers and he challenged them...even the religious leaders and scholars.

as far as giving money to the church goes, i believe that tithing is a way for us to give back to God a portion of what he's blessed us with. (read Genesis 28, i believe that this is where the idea of tithing originated from) the money doest just pay the bills at the church either...at our church the money is used for missions and other beneficial programs...some money is even shipped accross the ocean to smaller churches that are in need. in the Bible is says that God will provide our needs, so what is so wrong with giving a little back for His glory?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:01 am
blueamcat
person_face1986
chessiejo
in my personal opinion

I agree with your statement entirely...I am a christian but I don't go to church because I don't see the need to pay my church for my spritual well being...god never asked for any money...the churches and establishements of religion just want to look better and are always asking for money no matter how much they already have!

If a church or any other place like that is telling you to be patient and keep making them money, you know there is something wrong there.
The whole point of going to a church isn't to give them your money, ( though Jesus did teach us to tithe 10% of what we make), the whole reason to meet with others is to build relationships and a community with others to help you grow and so that you have friends you can turn to when you're in need. Read 1 Corinthians 12 starting at verse 12 and you'll see. That's what the church was built/founded upon. It is there to build community. Our pastor talked about that just yesterday.
Just my 2 cents. smile

finally, someone who understands what i'm trying to get accross. glad i'm not the only one anymore. wink thx!  

Friend of God

Friend of God

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:18 am
Popo of the Orange Plague
I, personally, do not believe in spiritualism, and here's why:

1) I have not seen any proof of any sort of higher being. Many have tried to explain this by saying, "Well, we're here, aren't we?" but that's guessing, quite simply. I'm not saying the Big Bang THEORY is absolutely correct, because it's a THEORY, and I'm not a theoretical physicist. I honestly don't see the point in having spiritual explanations stuffed down my throat...

2) Deities have been around as long as people have. Why? Because humans tend to create explanations for that which they do not understand. It's human nature to fabricate gods and/or goddesses. What makes your "God" any different? "Because we're right, and they were all wrong"? That's the only answer I can ever bring out of people when I ask them that question.

3) All churches (etc.) seem very... cult-ish to me. Think about it. Cults typically have a "god" or "messiah" figure. Christianity has both. Cults normally have a "heaven" that offers eternal happiness. Christianity? Check. Plus, juice? Come on...

Now, don't take this post as me bashing religion and spiritual people. Really, it's quite the opposite. I respect their blind faith that resembles that of crazed lunatics... I mean that in the best way possible, honest. I, myself, prefer to have a (Dogma -like) system of IDEAS, as ideas can be changed as new evidence surfaces.

Now, I await your judgment.

i have to say that i can see why u disagree, but respect those of us that embrace the idea of spirituality...and for that i thank u...however i still would like the oppertunity to voice my response to ur reasoning:

i) i dont believe in coinidence, so everything around me has to have an explanation. so i ask u: explain a miracle. science explains it away as coincidence, but to me that's nonsense. secondly, i also believe that hope is stronger in people who believe in spirituality...or a God....

ii) who do u think created human beings to begin with? a child birth in itself is a miracle! and who has the power to stop a heart from beating? humans can with tools or drugs, but who can stop it from beating without toching a person? God can. he's the giver and taker of life...among many other things.

iii) i definately disaggree with ur definition of a cult! in my opinion, i believe a cult to be an organization that denounces the name of Christ as saviour of the world! harsh, i kno, and i apologize if it's offending, but it's what i believe  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff