Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snape... what to make of Snape?
  dot dot dot
  GOLD!!! YAY!!!
View Results

Roxelane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:10 am
I think, Snape will turn out to be on the good side, and he will help harry to find the rest of the *dont know english word*

Oke, get real xP
I dont think that, i just hope that  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:06 pm
Did he REALLY kill Dumbledore? Possibly
If he did, was it a mercy thing, or a murder? I think it was planned.
And... for the future, is he going to die? Maybe

I actually think Sev is good and will remain that way. He was willing to become an outcast in Wizarding society just to protect Harry. He also continued to feed Dumbledore information on Voldy's activities some of it vital some not. Also he helped heal Albus after the ring incident. He could have simply let him die and said it was an accident but instead he helped him. He could've also feed completely useless information to him but he didn't. I think it could go either way with Dumbledore. He could be actually dead or he could still be alive and this could've all been some sort of trick to make Voldy think that he was winning. Sev also stopped the death eaters from cursing Harry with the totally bogus reason that Voldy would want to kill him himself.  

Toxic-SnowX

Hikaru Mirota

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:23 pm
I think that he did it to fulfill his promise tho malfoys mother even though he didn't want to. Because if you remember he ws a little hesitant about the unbreakable promise he made  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:42 pm
AmaraPierce
JK Rowling is an unpredictable writter and that's what I love about her the most! Snape is meant to be disliked and I believe will end up being good! It would be a shock! Which is the best way to write a book, with a completely shocking storyline! I definately believe that there will be more than 7 books even though she is only contracted for seven books!
Dude no there won't. She's killing off two main characters in the end of the seventh. Reason: So nobody can try and pick up the storyline after that book  

penned ignorance

Little Nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:54 pm
Did he REALLY kill Dumbledore?
I think he may have worked something out with Dumbledore and they planned the whole thing. Now whether Dumbledore is dead or not is the question we can't not answer.
And... for the future, is he going to die?I think he'll either get killed by Harry, Ron, or Hermione that is if he really did kill Dumbledore and if it wasn't planned with Dumbledore. Then if he and Dumbledore planned it out, then he will end up saving Harry from Dumbledore  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:43 pm
its hard to say, he's always changing sides.  

Princess_Arwen_19

GreenThumbPlanter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:12 am
He definately killed him...Because after Dumbledore died his picture appeared in the portrait where wizards teachers go when they die. Duh. Severus had to kill him either way because all the death eater were there and he woulda looked bad in front of them if he spared him...whether he was good or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:21 am
Zurianne
Did you notice at the end of the book that Snape wouldn't let Harry do one of the Unforgivable Curses? And I also think that Dumbledore was a horocrux. That liquid he drank in the cave I think made him into one. And thus he had to die to destroy it. Snape must have known that. So I think that Snape is good.

You've made a very good point.

Remember also that Dumbledore and Snape have for years had a tight-lipped, close relationship or partnership that none of the others understand. It all revolves around destroying the Death Eaters, of course, and I genuinely believe that Snape is acting as a double agent when he attends the Death Eater gathering at the beginning of "The Half-Blood Prince". Snape was originally lured into the Dark Side out of spite and youthful bitterness, but also remember that he himself is a half-breed, keenly aware that he can never really belong to this inner circle. And I suspect he doesn't want to. His anger toward his abusive muggle father may account for some of his attitudes as an adult, but his mother loved him - which may be a little of himself that he recognizes in Draco Malfoy.

Draco may not be a half-breed, but he has a domineering, arguably abusive father who is perfectly willing to sacrice him to "the cause", but he also has a mother who dearly loves him. Draco is terrified of the very father he appears to admire, as we learn when the boy is sent to kill Dumbledore. He breaks into tears saying, "I have to do it. if I don't they'll kill my mother." "They" most likely includes Lucius Malfoy.

Snape kills Dumbledore at Dumbledore's insistance, quite possibly for the reasons you've cited. Snape also is on a mission to save Draco, but he also goes out of his way to protect Harry on numerous occasions; and in spite of his angry words, his actions have proven him a friend more than an enemy.

In the movies, I believe it was Alan Rickman himself who said on the back of the first DVD that for dramatic purposes, the actors had already been given secret information about the futures of these characters for the purpose of portraying the characters.

Snape in the books is seen entirely through Harry's eyes, and he appears on most occasions as the kind of person we all have met whom we dislike intensely, and of whom we suspect the worst possible motives. If he were to smile, his face would crack.

In the movies, however, Snape is seen as a stern, strict teacher who doesn't really give anybody preferred treatment, not even Draco. He is like the John Houseman professor in "The Paper Chase" - a stern, strict, demanding teacher who was feared and hated by the students, but in fact he is interested in making the students "tough" and able to stand up to the worst life (and their careers) has to offer, and wants to make them into the best that they can be. Snape is a lot like that in the movies, and I suspect that in the final book, we will finally understand the real reasons he protects Harry and Draco.

And while he may be dead, I doubt we have seen the last of Dumbledore. Wizards do not die that easily, as we've already seen quite a few wizardly ghosts roaming the halls of Hogwartz.  

Wind-Whisper

GetoHermioneGranger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 am
Snape is da bomb  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:14 am
I don't think Snape cares much about good or evil, I think he's more concerned with what is in his own best interest. If he wouldn't have killed Dumbledore, he would have ended up dying due to the promise spell. There's no way he would have sacrificed his own life just to save the Headmaster's, so his decision to kill was pretty inevitable.

What side is Snape really on? The side he's always been on, his own. Sometimes that makes his actions good, and sometimes it makes them evil, but they're always self-serving in the end.

Moppet Strings

iAmmara

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:39 pm
snape is a good guy  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:53 pm
Snape is the best goodguy ever and he was ALWAYS in love with Lily D = So sweeet  

Daisy Dinosaur

Icemoonlily

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:27 am
snape is a good guy and i wont spoil what happens in the last book for anyone who has not read it but just to let you know the resaon snape killed the headmaster cause he was going to die in the year anyways and other stuff i cant get into without a long story so just buy the book and read  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:25 am
Snape was always good xd  

TokyoTea

AzureFlame

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:25 pm
Anyone who has read the seventh book will know the truth about Snape. *shifty eyes* twisted I, for one, was pleasantly surprised.  
74: Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and more Hogwarts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff