no god
  poll whore
View Results

Neffir08

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:25 pm
Okay... here we go.
What religion are you? Buddist

How long have you been in this religion? About 2 years

Why do you believe in this faith? I guess it is because I need something to believe in without feeling like I've abandoned the whole idea of spiritualism.

What do you hate about other religions? I don't hate other religons, I hate the hipocracy that comes with it. I was baptized jewish, grew up Methodist, went to a Lutherin pre-school, dabbled in Wicca. I just couldn't bring myself to believe what sounded so controdictory to me. Such as a people that clame there is only one god, but their teachings never say so. I mean this in the Bible, the christians say there is only one god, but it states in the 10 comandments that "Thou shalt not put any god before me" leaving open that there are other gods but he is the suprem being.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:46 pm
by "thou shall put no other gods before me" God was saying not to idolize things and put them before him, like if you played video games 10 hours a day and only prayed once a week, that would be considered idolizing video games. thats what god was refering to  

shadow_alchemist92

Neffir08

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:01 pm
I'm not saying that isn't what he said, but I am saying that by leaving it open to interpritation could lead some poeple to conclude that he wasn't defying the exzistance of other gods, just that he is the ultimate god.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:02 pm
yes, i can see where that could easily confuse ppl. im just saying that he wasnt actually saying there were other actual gods  

shadow_alchemist92

ChemicalSoiree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:41 am

What religion are you?
I'm a little mix of Paganism, Satanism, and Thelemic.

How long have you been in this religion?
-I've been studying and practicing Satanism for 3 years.
-I've been practicing and studying Paganism since birth.
-I've been studying and Practicing Thelema for 2 years.

Why do you believe in this faith?
- I believe in Satanism because of it embraces Carnal nature. I've never understood why people want to change themselves into a being they were never meant to be. We are animals just like the others, and should embrace our true nature.
- I believe in Paganism because of the energy manipulation I've practiced and it's ability to make my quality of life so much higher. The protection I get from it is also a plus. I don't know why anyone would want to go through life without shielding themselves...
- I believe in Thelema because of the honesty in it's philosophy. It isn't something you share with others... it something you are meant to find yourself.

What do you hate about other religions?
Their hypocracy. To avoid flamage, I'll stop with that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:26 pm
Who's to say. There could be one, there could be many, there could be none. I don't think you should ask such an unanswerable question.  

AliasL

Der Freischuetz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:43 pm
I'm agnostic for two reasons:

1. Because there is no way the existence of God or a god can be either proven or disproven.

2. Does it really matter if there is a God/god or not? Science cannot prove its existence, and this god chooses not to make itself visible, so what is the point of worhipping a being that may or may not have created us?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:31 pm
Vermillioncurse
What religion are you?

I am a Satanist
((and if theres any of you that think satanism is about sacrificing stuff and worshipping the devil...you need to go do some research.))

I started to follow Satanism about two years ago.

I am not very good at explaining things so i will just say that it just makes sense to me. My reasons i hate other religions would kind of explain why i am asatanist.

I hate oh so very much things about lots of religions.

I hate how when people are little children with no free will and ability to decide for themselves, Parents will just take them and make them whatever the parents want them to be. People will babtize their children and make them believe in god, then they will shelter them from all free will whatsoever so they never have a chance to choose what they really want to be. Thats one of the reasons i Became a satanist is because i was a christian but after a while i started to realize that i never really accepted christ and believed in the first place, my parents did for me. And i hate how People that do this to their children will cry and condemn their own children when they decide what is right for themselves and not what their parents told them. Its just that Even though they are your kids you have no right to shove all of your beliefs down their throats and turn them into a religious fanatical zombie like everyone else.

Another thing i hate is fanatical supergroups. I ahve listened to some of the crap that peopel will spout over the T.V. and the radio and it makes me sick. Now i know lots of peole arent like this but then again there are lots that are. They will sit there and criticize and condemn everything they dont see fit, they will Hate and discriminate agaisnt everything thats not with their religion. They will sit their and call Homosexuality and all of that stuff blasphemy when in reality, they are more blashpemous than the people that condemn them. They have no right to choose what is right and wrong. And by calling people names and discriminating they are jsut worse than everyone else.

Another thing i hate is how people can blindly hate anything they dont undestand and do what someone on an altar tells them to do. People think satanists sacrifice animals and children to satan, when in reality satanist dont believe in satan, only fanatic cults do. They think anybody in black and eyeliner cuts themselves and wants to die. they believe that somehting is wrong because a dusty old book tells them it is. Its just stupid to follow a group blindly and have no say to yourself.

And the thing i hate the most involves mostly Christians and catholics. they will sit there and say that their religion is the ONLY one that is right. they think that just because they have a bible they can call every other religion wrong. Well they are wrong. they have no right to deny every other religion contrary to themselves. and its worse how they can just send out missionaries to other countries and go there to call their religion wrong and force them to become a different religion. And the wort part is when they condemn everything but someone condemn them, they will sue them or make a gigantic public ordeal about it because they are so ignorant. YOU CANT CALL SOMETHING WRONG THEN SUE THEM WHEN THEY CALL YOU WRONG!!!

Now remember im not targeting anybody in particular, just the mainstream fanatics that ruin everything in this world. Because i do have people that always go "Well i dotn do that so your wrong" but im not talking about them so it doesnt matter. I hope i didnt make craploads of spelling errors in my rantings above. and i hope i didnt accidentally contradict myself or somehting cus i just went off typing here.

A fellow Satanist, very cool.

I am also disgusted with the way parents go about ignorantly shoving a religion down a childs throat. I'm very thankful my parents never behaved that way. They horrify their children with the promise of firey eternity if they decide to not follow that faith. They force the children to become baptized before that person even has the chance to decide if it's what they wish to do.

I also agree with your statement about that awful fanaticism some show. They group everyone but their fellow church members as "evil" or "misguided". Dammit, I've done my research and I have the right to believe in what I find the most truth and sense to! No matter how much you tell someone their going to burn for eternity if they don't believe the same is not going to convert them! It's simply ignorant and hypocritical to what their very own bible tells them (most of the time), and it's just going to make that other group dislike you.

And don't they realize how little truth their bible shows? A good example: Mormonism. They've changed the way they used to go about relationships and no longer teach polygamy. If they've changed that recently, imagine how far their religion is today as opposed to how it was originally meant to be. I've never met a religion that didn't... which is why I nearly hate religion all together. Certain things they consider wrong now could have been perfectly fine in the beginning, and they have no way of knowing. Plus, it was so long after the actual biblical times that the book was written, who knows if there's any truth to it, or if there aren't HUGE errors inside of it? How do they know someone didn't change it even orginally, much as they have today!

ChemicalSoiree

axicess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:29 pm
Christian, forever, and no.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:54 pm
What religion are you?
Jesus. He is the only God of Love, and the only God that would lay His life down for His ENEMIES as well as his friends. I do not say that I'm a Christian, because that leads to negative connotation due to common misconception. I am a Christian, but my "religion" is Jesus, not a religious construct the Church has made God into.

I've been with Jesus for a Year and 8 months, but really only been 'On Fire' in the last six months.

It's the truth. (See below)

Hate? Why would I hate you just because you believe something different? That's totally contrary to my God's Commandment: "Love Your Neighbor As Yourself" !!!

I LOVE People of other religions, because they don't know Love, and they don't know the truth. Simply put.
-----------------------------

God Loved each of us enough that he DIED so that he wouldn't have to bear another thousand years of Human sin and death. This is truth. Here's how I know: Jesus didn't just die for his friends, the disciples. He died for the Pharasees who condemned Him to death, He Died for people of this world that would never know Him. He died for people that would spit on his name, burn the bible, and kill his followers. He died for his enemies as well as his friends.

That doesn't make sense! From out perspective, even mine, that is utterly crazy! If someone talked like this in our day and age, they'd be thrown into a mental institute. It is quite frankly, utterly insane when you try to rationalize it. Most of us wont even take a punch for our best friends (Even though we say we would), but Jesus died for people that hated him. Utterly despised him.

And he had every choice to not do it from a human perspective. He was God, yes, but he was also a Man. Because of this he had free will to not even go near Jerusalem, not even mess around healing and teaching the people of this world, maybe become a hermit somewhere. But he didn't do that. He Willingly offered himself as a sacrifice to God for everyone from the Genesis to the Revelation. And all without complaint!

The only way that anyone could do something like that is if they loved these people. And as we see everywhere, Love... not hollywood movie or romance novel or "falling in love" love... no, TRUE LOVE will make you do crazy things.

I know this is a long post, and it was not me trying to stretch a page or anything. I do not mean to put anyone down, but those who do not know God do not know His love, therefore they cannot even begin to fathom Love, for His is the only true Love.

And If I offended anyone, or made anyone angry, that's alright. Flame me, I encourage it. PM me angry messages, again... I encourage it.

No matter what you say, I will Love you, and so will Jesus. So don't hesitate. I was not tolerant of anyone here. I spoke the truth, and that is what I am called to do, not candy-coat it. God Loves you the way you are, but he wants so much more for you than you can even possibly comprehend. It's the greatest thing ever... God's Love.

So, I'll let you all respond to this, k?  

Raue Drakenheart

shadow_alchemist92

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:03 pm
Raue Drakenheart
What religion are you?
Jesus. He is the only God of Love, and the only God that would lay His life down for His ENEMIES as well as his friends. I do not say that I'm a Christian, because that leads to negative connotation due to common misconception. I am a Christian, but my "religion" is Jesus, not a religious construct the Church has made God into.

I've been with Jesus for a Year and 8 months, but really only been 'On Fire' in the last six months.

It's the truth. (See below)

Hate? Why would I hate you just because you believe something different? That's totally contrary to my God's Commandment: "Love Your Neighbor As Yourself" !!!

I LOVE People of other religions, because they don't know Love, and they don't know the truth. Simply put.
-----------------------------

God Loved each of us enough that he DIED so that he wouldn't have to bear another thousand years of Human sin and death. This is truth. Here's how I know: Jesus didn't just die for his friends, the disciples. He died for the Pharasees who condemned Him to death, He Died for people of this world that would never know Him. He died for people that would spit on his name, burn the bible, and kill his followers. He died for his enemies as well as his friends.

That doesn't make sense! From out perspective, even mine, that is utterly crazy! If someone talked like this in our day and age, they'd be thrown into a mental institute. It is quite frankly, utterly insane when you try to rationalize it. Most of us wont even take a punch for our best friends (Even though we say we would), but Jesus died for people that hated him. Utterly despised him.

And he had every choice to not do it from a human perspective. He was God, yes, but he was also a Man. Because of this he had free will to not even go near Jerusalem, not even mess around healing and teaching the people of this world, maybe become a hermit somewhere. But he didn't do that. He Willingly offered himself as a sacrifice to God for everyone from the Genesis to the Revelation. And all without complaint!

The only way that anyone could do something like that is if they loved these people. And as we see everywhere, Love... not hollywood movie or romance novel or "falling in love" love... no, TRUE LOVE will make you do crazy things.

I know this is a long post, and it was not me trying to stretch a page or anything. I do not mean to put anyone down, but those who do not know God do not know His love, therefore they cannot even begin to fathom Love, for His is the only true Love.

And If I offended anyone, or made anyone angry, that's alright. Flame me, I encourage it. PM me angry messages, again... I encourage it.

No matter what you say, I will Love you, and so will Jesus. So don't hesitate. I was not tolerant of anyone here. I spoke the truth, and that is what I am called to do, not candy-coat it. God Loves you the way you are, but he wants so much more for you than you can even possibly comprehend. It's the greatest thing ever... God's Love.

So, I'll let you all respond to this, k?

I agree with you. i believe in the bible and other christian beliefs, but i believe that the church has also done some things with the religion that were never meant to happen.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:27 pm
True, true.

But not all churches are like that. It seems like the Roman Catholic church (And thus it's beliefs) are painted as the sterotypical Christian faith. (I'm not hatein on Catholics, There are some out there that are really on fire for God and follow him more fathfully than I ever will. AMEN FOR THAT!)

It is not so... Jesus' message was about LOVE not anything else. If you look through the new testament, Jesus' message always had to do with being loving to someone.

Quite honestly, I have no Idea why Christians do not stand up against these stereotypes that lead people to think wrongly about God and our faith. When someone says "God Damnit" or "Jesus Christ!" we need, as in have an utter obligation, to tell them that they are using that name wrongly. It's not just that you are belittleing God by making it a swearword, it's that the power held behind that name and how you are using it.

Jesus' name has more power behind it than anyone realizes. His name alone is enough to drive out Demons and heal people. And yet people use it like it's just a word. It really makes me sad. I feel so much compassion for the people who don't know these truths.

Also, I don't quite understand why as Christians we don't lay our lives down for others. We need to give everything to God, out reputations, our possessions, our doubts and fears, and above all our lives. We can't truely live unless we've lost our lives to Jesus. When someone flames us on the forums, PRAISE GOD! When soemone beats the crap out of you for telling them the truth of Jesus, PRAISE GOD THE WHOLE TIME. Don't stop loving people just because they persecute you. If you notice, all the truely on fire christians out there that have been persecuted have had infinite joy in that persecution. There is no greater joy for a follower of Jesus than to be Martyred in some way.  

Raue Drakenheart

[ Amputated Freckle ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:44 pm
What religion are you? Atheist/Agnostic

How long have you been in this religion? Pretty much since I was born... but I really only defined by beliefs recently

Why do you believe in this faith? It seems illogical to me that there is a presence out there that is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, etc.

What do you hate about other religions? I don't. I respect them all.

If you are agnostic/atheist please tell us why? See above. I have tried and tried in the past to believe in a god/goddess/something, and tried many faiths, but it just never... clicks with my brain. Doesn't work.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:52 pm
Raue Drakenheart
True, true.

But not all churches are like that. It seems like the Roman Catholic church (And thus it's beliefs) are painted as the sterotypical Christian faith. (I'm not hatein on Catholics, There are some out there that are really on fire for God and follow him more fathfully than I ever will. AMEN FOR THAT!)

It is not so... Jesus' message was about LOVE not anything else. If you look through the new testament, Jesus' message always had to do with being loving to someone.

Quite honestly, I have no Idea why Christians do not stand up against these stereotypes that lead people to think wrongly about God and our faith. When someone says "God Damnit" or "Jesus Christ!" we need, as in have an utter obligation, to tell them that they are using that name wrongly. It's not just that you are belittleing God by making it a swearword, it's that the power held behind that name and how you are using it.

Jesus' name has more power behind it than anyone realizes. His name alone is enough to drive out Demons and heal people. And yet people use it like it's just a word. It really makes me sad. I feel so much compassion for the people who don't know these truths.

Also, I don't quite understand why as Christians we don't lay our lives down for others. We need to give everything to God, out reputations, our possessions, our doubts and fears, and above all our lives. We can't truely live unless we've lost our lives to Jesus. When someone flames us on the forums, PRAISE GOD! When soemone beats the crap out of you for telling them the truth of Jesus, PRAISE GOD THE WHOLE TIME. Don't stop loving people just because they persecute you. If you notice, all the truely on fire christians out there that have been persecuted have had infinite joy in that persecution. There is no greater joy for a follower of Jesus than to be Martyred in some way.

thats exactly how i feel. u shouldnt use god's name unless you understand the power that you're abusing. and christians are only stereotyped by some people as hypocrites because of the few that call themselves christians but do hypocritical things. the majority of christians aren't hypocrites, its just the "christians" that are hypocrites are noticed more  

shadow_alchemist92

idontknow512

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:21 pm
im a catholic christian and ive been one all my life. i tend to find interest in this faith because of the many trials you take up through your life as one of God. Also the actual christening and certification of a qualified stages is always documented helping my life in later stages. Im quite young to be talking as a fellow debaters for ESU in England. 13 years old to be honest, but i find it interesting to express myself as well as my faith on this site.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff