Sex should
  be saved for marriage.
  be your own personal choice.
  other
  poll whore
View Results

SimpleElegance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:46 am
I think that many people here have made good points. As for me, I'm not sure what I believe in, all I know is that the guy your with for your first time, if they don't have enough common sense to slow down and take it nice and easilly for you, then that's not the right person for you. They should look towards your needs instead of their own. Also, i think people rush way too quickly into these things. I know someong who was involved in sexual intercourse at the young age of 9. That's right, 9. I'm serious. This leads me to believe that we might have to be educated at an even earlier age then in grade 5. At least if you're educated in this, then you know the risks you're taking. I myself am a virgin, but I think people overrate virginity, for now almost all my friends aren't anymore. I think the media portrays things like this badly. At least know the risks before you rush into sex, for it can be dangerous. You could get an STD, or AIDS. At least have the common sense to use protection, and/or use birth control.
Thanks for listening,
~Angel.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:41 am
One of the main reasons for virginity being overrated and stuck up on a lovely little platform, is basically a long standing cultural anomoly from 1,000s of years ago, mainly sustained throughout religious texts. The most basic of reasons as to the act of sex being so tabooed, is that long ago it was a multitude of times more difficult to track a country's population, even with a census or two occuring every few years.

To offset this problem, people are divided into smaller units according to who they are related to, also known as 'families', and guidelines are given to them as to only having sex with their 'wed' partner(s). This makes people easier to track and count in a twofold manner, since it both cuts them up into much more bitesized groups, and gives more control over maintaining the population, since incidental births beyond the norm are better held in check.

Whorehouses and such are reviled by the general populace because they are against the teachings of those ruling them, and millenia later, these rough edicts still stand, burned in peoples brains as a 'moral' fiber, especially considering the numbers of religious rulebooks and such which still contained these guidelines even unto this day. No offense to any Christians, but I will use a few select verses to emphasize my point. No offense should really be taken anyway, considering that is roughly how the religion is spread anyway. mrgreen (By selective utility of more accepted verses and stories contained within this long-standing text, is what I meant in that last line, for those less tolerant readers with difficulty reading unspoken ties/meanings)

[mild sarcasm + empathy]
I am sorry to anyone if these come off somewhat as being anti-religious in any manner, but I cannot help such ideas forming in anothers mind when I happen to be using such a 'clear' and commonly accepted source of truth. If my intent in writing this was to argue personal issues with religion, I would have placed this within the proper thread for such an arguement. Problems with my references are best directed towards your local religious leaders, though results may vary greatly depending on the levels of conditioning which you and/or they have endured. [/sincere sarcasms of one who tries to think outside of boxes constructed by time and mental conditioning]

All references drawn from http://skepticsannotatedbible.com
Please do not use my source as a means of drawing conclusions in your personal opinions of myself and/or my opinion's value as a whole. Thank you.

Leviticus 13:40-41 (Baldness is a 'clean' thing to occur in men [verses after this indicate one being 'unclean' if a disease shows itself upon their heads, possibly signifying some manner of mental corruption during those times])
Leviticus 15 (This entire chapter is basically devoted to explaining how any form of sexual discharge outside of sex is an 'unclean' thing which contaminates all which it touches [19-30 also delve into explaining that a woman's menstrual cycle occurs to show that they are 'unclean'])
1 Corinthians 11:13-15 (Men shouldn't have long hair, nor women short hair [pushing the idea that balding in men is basically natural simply because God wants it to be such a way])  

Jiachi Kieln

chichichobits

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:29 pm
I've come from a Christian background and from an early age we're taught that a person should save themselves till after marriage. This is more so taught to young girls than boys to keep their virginity. According to belief our bodies represent vessels and should be kept clean. However contrary to belief, my opinion is that having sex should be a personal decision made by the individual. It is up to the person to decide whether or not they're mature and have the right mind set to partake in this type of behavior. Sex is good in many aspects i.e. intimacy, love. But if a person is not ready physically or mentally prepared it can lead to problems i.e. unplanned pregnancy, self-esteem issues. All in all it's a gamble.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:09 pm
AgentKeg
Parents are too overprotective of their children. The only time this wouldn't happen was if we lived in a perfect society, which is far from possible.
I rarely post in these, so it might not be the best thing.

What I have noticed since I was one of the few children told about sex at 4 years old was that pre-teens and teenagers hear about it, then get curiousbecause most parents don't tell them the whole thing. Neither do the schools.( from female point of view) They tell us what will happen every month and say little of the other sex. Say how to get pregnany and not to have sex. They say nothing about being wet or anything else. They give a simple warning and that's it. When your little, you get tired of hearing it over and over again. It seems over-rated. Pre-teens hear of this new and grand thing. Experiment! Oh god, pregnant teens><.
Because I already knew of it at an early age, it wasn't that big of a deal to me. Sex is supposed to be for the creation of a new life. New lives should be cherished. In return, sex should be cherished for you and your love. It might not be, and that's fine, but that is jsut my point of view.  

Fascienne

sylviemasters777

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:10 pm
I believe that sex is a personal choice; however, I also believe that if you are under the age of thirteen you shouldn't have sex. It scars you mentally. Before age thirteen and even for some people after the age thirteen, their minds are not developed enough to handle the emotions involved with sex. They begin to think that sex is just a game that has no consicuinces. That is why the STD rate is going up and why there are still so many teen pregnancies.

Sylvie  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:26 pm
Sex should be decided on our own personal choice. Sex can be additive so it's better to have it after marriage to prevent finding multiple partners.  

cornflakes_3125

AngeliqueDaemon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:02 pm
I find it intersting that human beings place so much value on sex. But what is sex, really?

Sex is the act of procreation. Its entire purpose to to continue the existance of the species, nothing more. However with our "higher brain function," human have place a value on sex that is not necessary. We give it connotations of love, and feelings that were never intended to be coupled with a bodily function. For example, deficating is a bodily function, but we place no high minded, religious or moral values on it.

My point is, sex is not the ultimate expression of love, or intimacy, it is a bodily function. A deep conversation with close friends is a thousand times more intimate than bumping uglies with someone you find attractive.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:08 am
No offense is meant by this, but this forum (or at least this specific thread) isn't being well used for when it comes down to debating. I see everyone giving their opinions and backstory, yet attempts to drive points in against the opinions of others aren't occuring at all. Heck, there aren't periodic agreements with past posts, indicating a shared position upon any points.

I'm basically just looking for a collective effort to drive out the true, basest points in a matter out into the open, clearly enough that someone who reads along and believes otherwise cannot much help but find where they truely lie on a subject, or even come to share the epiphany of understanding which we have construed throughout these pages. Constructive criticism all the way. mrgreen  

Jiachi Kieln

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:13 pm
cornflakes_3125
Sex should be decided on our own personal choice. Sex can be additive so it's better to have it after marriage to prevent finding multiple partners.

What's wrong with multiple-partner relationships if all parties involved are mature and consenting?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:16 pm
AngeliqueDaemon
I find it intersting that human beings place so much value on sex. But what is sex, really?

Sex is the act of procreation. Its entire purpose to to continue the existance of the species, nothing more. However with our "higher brain function," human have place a value on sex that is not necessary. We give it connotations of love, and feelings that were never intended to be coupled with a bodily function. For example, deficating is a bodily function, but we place no high minded, religious or moral values on it.

My point is, sex is not the ultimate expression of love, or intimacy, it is a bodily function. A deep conversation with close friends is a thousand times more intimate than bumping uglies with someone you find attractive.

Umm... I would say that sex is definately more intimate than a conversation with friends... Do you know what intimate means? As for sex being a meaningless bodily function, that may be so, but it sure feels really good. ^.~ That is, if you've got a good partner... Lolz Sex is fun, why else would people do it?  

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Epic Fail Girl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:30 pm
Having sex too early in a relationship can mess up how you communicate and how you treat the relationship. Sometimes couple stay together only for the sex, whereas had they waited (not just until marriage) they would have realized their own incompatibility and broken off the relationship.

I learned a lot about this in one of my communication classes that really drove the point that relationships founded purely on sex lead to many issues further down the road.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:32 pm
AgentKeg
Having sex too early in a relationship can mess up how you communicate and how you treat the relationship. Sometimes couple stay together only for the sex, whereas had they waited (not just until marriage) they would have realized their own incompatibility and broken off the relationship.

I learned a lot about this in one of my communication classes that really drove the point that relationships founded purely on sex lead to many issues further down the road.

That depends entirely upon the maturity of the individuals involved. Some people can handle sex on a first date, some prefer to wait. Some people have sex without any plans to make a relationship of it. If everybody involved is consenting, what difference does it make? I had sex with my husband on our first date. We were both mature enough to handle it. He thought no less of me for it and I have no regrets. We have a wonderful relationship and great sex. I won't attribute the success of our relationship to having sex on our first date, but it surely didn't have any negative consequences on our relationship.

Was that a high school communications class or college?  

EJ_Nova

Tactical Lunatic

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

punkarama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:46 am
To me waiting untill your wedding night means nothing. I'm not a virgin, i'm not married, but i've been with the same guy for almost 4 years now. I don't need a piece of paper telling me it's ok to have sex now.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:08 pm
Ok, so heres how it plays out for me, people I know(not family) say I should wait till marriage, but I belive I should have sex with the one I truly love! I'm a virgian and I don't mind, but I've found this girl I love to death but, she lives so far away, we've started dating and I know everything abou her, and she knows everything about me. I tod her I was a virgian and instead of her laughing at me like people at my school would she only said, "David, please don't go, I have something I have to tell you, don't break-up with me for it." that night she told me she wasn't a virgian!! I was shocked but I didn't mind at all. I talked with her for awile about it, now shes going to wait till she meets me to have sex again(in other worlds I'm the only one shes going to make love with). So I think you should chose when you want to have sex, not do as someone says(unless you're dating that person)! Shes the one I want to take my virgianity away from me so yea.  

Tilter

TempestRising

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:51 pm
It is my personal and religous belief that sex should be saved until marriage. That being said, I don't plan on forcing that belief on anyone else. If someone is ready to make that emotional connection with someone else, then that is their decison. My only fear is for those who think they are emotionally ready when they are truly not.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff