Reply 72: Science & Astronomy Hangout
Constellations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dfhhdghfgfg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:20 pm
cool thanks errr there are not the best sorry but here you go...

User Image
the other one is better
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:58 pm
hum... well that first picture didnt' turn out, but the second one is ok.

It's not a constellation, I can say that. It looks like something that the ancient civilization would have used when they were making astrology predictions or something like that. I don't really know foresure what it is. That would be my guess though. 3nodding  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
  • Planetary Technician 150

dfhhdghfgfg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:59 pm
ah yeah thats what i tought after i asked my friends and they didn't know. i just thought that it had something to do with the houses or something like that. but thanks for the help.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:05 pm
zumiezgirl21
User Image

That looks a lot like an alchemical key, to me. Or an astrological key, though the symbols aren't right for that, even for Vedic astrology, and there aren't enough divisions.  

Endrael

Codger

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:58 pm
Endrael
That looks a lot like an alchemical key, to me. Or an astrological key, though the symbols aren't right for that, even for Vedic astrology, and there aren't enough divisions.

hum... perhaps it could be another type of astrology. Are there any others known? Or perhaps it could just be all made up. Kinda looking like something that use to exist, for the effect.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:19 pm
AstronomyGirl
Endrael

hum... perhaps it could be another type of astrology. Are there any others known? Or perhaps it could just be all made up. Kinda looking like something that use to exist, for the effect.

There's Incan astrology (or maybe it's Aztec; I forget), but those symbols are nothing like what they would have used (too Middle Eastern), and they still used more divisions for the year than what's shown on that amulet. Which is why I'm leaning toward it being an alchemical key of some sort, or even just an occult key. I recognize some of the symbols, and I've seen something similar in my research, but I can't for the life of me remember where from. confused  

Endrael

Codger

dfhhdghfgfg

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:38 pm
don't stress out ive been wondering about it for a while and i can wait still. but thanks for thinking about it. i really apprecate it.(sorry about my spelling. heh was never good at it...)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:21 pm
zumiezgirl21
don't stress out ive been wondering about it for a while and i can wait still. but thanks for thinking about it. i really apprecate it.(sorry about my spelling. heh was never good at it...)

you're welcome. ^_^
thanks for posting those pics. It was interesting to see that.  

AstronomyGirl

Planetary Astronomer

57,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • That One Hero 500

Padme18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:12 pm
I love astronomy. I just wish my college offered it. The constellations are great, but I don't live in a good place to see them.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:27 am
Orion and the dippers...why? cause they're the only ones i can see without a map.  

Kurzon_Dax

UF6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:01 pm
AstronomyGirl
zumiezgirl21

you're welcome. ^_^
thanks for posting those pics. It was interesting to see that.
I seen those pictures before they looking like a cross between civilizations, Geek and Egyptian? Those aren't from the Americas, I seen that scribal writing on the outer ring somewhere and I do know its not from the Americas thats for sure.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:25 am
I wouldn't say this is my favorite constellation, but it's one that has a story, so I'll tell you about it anyway. I had always wanted to write a book so I made up the characters' names based on constellations.(kind of like the Black family in Harry Potter if anyone knows anything about that...) So I found one constellation called Equuleus, and I just liked it. Equuleus is the little horse.  

Fantasie_1018

2,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

UF6

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:40 pm
Fantasie_1018
I wouldn't say this is my favorite constellation, but it's one that has a story, so I'll tell you about it anyway. I had always wanted to write a book so I made up the characters' names based on constellations.(kind of like the Black family in Harry Potter if anyone knows anything about that...) So I found one constellation called Equuleus, and I just liked it. Equuleus is the little horse.
Theres modern ones as well, like microscopes and telsecopes is it? Among many others. As for that amulate up there. I looked at it again and i see that the center ring is not evenly divided.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:08 am
hi guys!!! i hope to be friends with yah all... im new in this guild and thefirst thing i saw is tis guild... i love astronomy.. ^^

my fave constallations are the orion, cassoppia and urusa major the easiest you can find ^^  

oOFuniPuniOo

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:46 am
or perhaps in S L Y T H E R I N ////////////

As might be highly apparent, my favorite constellation is Ophiuchus.
Mostly because of the rich mythology and facts surrounding it, as well as all of the cool stuff with its exclusion from the zodiac. Not to mention, I have a total snake fetish.

72: Science & Astronomy Hangout

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff