Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GOLDFLIGHT] So You Think You Can Dance [Mictecath's Maiden] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
magnadearel generated a random number between 1 and 45 ... 3!

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:14 pm
User Image

Dance as you will, I will do my best not to disappoint. The brown sent reassurances. He would expect nothing less than her best on this day. How could he not give it in return? Would it be enough was the question. Severith noted the strong showing from the other suitors. It'll be a strong flight, his rider noted looking through his eyes. Only the best will do for a golden lady.

The brown crooned as Mictecath took off and into the sky. Follow your heart little child of the West Wind. Severith was interested to see where her heart would lead her this day. The brown raised his wings and took into the early morning light after her.

Brothers Under the Sun

Severith's Stats:
Participant: +5
Protective, keen Thread-fighter, heroic: +10
Invested potential clutch sire, involved future parent: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done': +5
Respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank: +15
Total: 45

Round 1: 3 + 10= 13  
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 95 ... 95!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:35 pm
User Image

She wanted to touch the sky--between her call and the gentle warmth she'd already shown him, Yihoth didn't need any more motivation to help her get there. He launches himself into the air in one powerful movement, each beat of his massive wings carrying him higher and higher in pursuit of her.

I don't think my dancin' is gonna hold a candle to you. Especially not when that sun hits you like it's doin'--you're...well. Look at you. You're incredible. He seems more comfortable now that he's in the air, no longer surrounded by the crowd and the noise. With the wind flowing around him, Yihoth could block out most everything else in favor of focusing on Mictecath alone. I sure will give some fancy footwork a try, though. You ask, I'll deliver.
He already knew he wasn't the most agile dragon, but Yihoth wasn't going to let that stop him now. He twists in the air, spinning almost gracefully; it's perhaps not as majestic as he'd hoped, but he's certainly putting his hearts into it all the same.

[ old flames (can't hold a candle to you) - kesha + dolly parton ]

Brown Yihoth
summary : A massive (literally) sweetheart with a down-home sense of hospitality and kindness, Yihoth is a gentle giant who's commonly described as a thoughtful, considerate dragon. Unfortunately, he can be a bit of a doormat due to how much he wants to please others, and isn't so great at standing up for himself. He's honest and humble, but is a romantic at his core, although he's a little too self-conscious to let that show all that much.
positive traits : people-pleaser, loving, sociable, grounded, accepting.
negative traits : people-pleaser, non-confrontational, self-conscious, sensitive, anxious.

stats
Loving, demonstrative or affectionate: +10
Sociable: +10
Protective, keen Thread-fighter: +10
Family-oriented: +15
Willing to share 'the ledge' with others: +15

total : 95

round one : 95+5 = 100

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 90 ... 3!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nanuth returned Mictecath's bugle, feeling as her tail brushed against his. He knew if this was not the start of her flight, he would have gotten a head boop, but that was okay it was withheld this time. He could see she was ready to take off...or more along the lines of he could feel it. She was right, he would follow her to the ends of Pern and back. He felt Zamistia remind him that he should listen to his sister, shine like she knew he could. He wanted very much for his hearts to soar with Mic. No other words were needed, the two of them had an understanding what they meant to each other. He also noticed the quick glance she gave him when Venandith joined the fray. He gave her a brief look back that he would behave himself. While his brown brother was not one of his..favorite siblings, he had to begrudingly admit he at least did well covering when he was injured in Threadfall. However, no matter what he thought of his brother, is focus was on Mic.

As Mic took off in the air, he watched as some of the others were hot on her tail..including the aforementioned brown. He sighed softly as he took a bit longer to get off the ground, thanks to his missing limb. It put him behind most of the pack, much to his annoyance. However, he was certainly not going to let that stop him, if anything this was just egging him on.

Fate may be pulling you miles away and out of reach from me for now, but I will not give up. You are here in my heart, Mictecath, so who will stop me from saying you are my destiny. Maybe we could re-write the stars and Pern could be our's tonight. I just want to fly with you and then fall with you,Nanuth thought to Mic. Yes, he was determined, he may have had a rough start, but he was going to do all he could to make up for it.

Rewrite the Stars (from the Greatest Showman)

Nanuth's Stats
Loving, demonstrative, or affectionate: +10
Part of the Magic/Disney double clutch: +15
Is Nanuth: +10
Total: 90

Nanuth: He is not the most social of dragons, but those who he is close to, he is a mountain of love and strength. He has a good dose of courage, but sometimes he gets a little too full of himself. He can get upset over things, so it takes Zamistia to keep his temper in check. When his loved ones are in danger, he will do everything he can to protect them. (Misty will not be in her weyr with her weyrmate, but will get in thoughts here and there)

Positive Traits: Love, Strength, Courage, Protective, Wise
Negative Traits: Hot tempered, Overconfident, Territorial, Solitary

Score
Round 1: 3(+15 bonus)= 18
Total: 18  
Smerdle generated a random number between 1 and 105 ... 65!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:47 pm
User Image

Rixth was prepared for the strength of Mictecath's affection. Her love was something he would always stop to take in, something he would never take for granted. He waited until the majority of her suitors were on the wing, then sprang into the air himself, pulling in front of a few of the others without thinking. He continued bolstering her with his devotion as he climbed, unable to keep his demeanor entirely serious.

The dancing queen. You're having the time of your life, aren't you? His joy was rather infectious. I hope so.

T'en slowed outside of Nyara's weyr, willing his heart to do the same. Mictecath's longing sang in his blood, filtered through his expectant dragon. "Nya? May I?" Considering how distracted she probably was, he didn't actually wait for a response, nudging his way inside... respectfully. Or something. He definitely wasn't feeling as calm as he would have liked.

[ dancing queen ]

Quote:
round one: 65 + 10 = 75

Smerdle

Scamp

Sweet Symmetry rolled 3 20-sided dice: 16, 2, 5 Total: 23 (3-60)

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:00 pm

She jubilated in the wind beneath her wings, in how far she and her merry symphony arrowed across the sky. Thoughts of her suitors were lost as songs and music fuelled her- though each chaser was a marvel in their own right.

Iweth was so tender, so passionate- a gentleman to his core. Tickled by the enthusiasm he exuded, she crooned to him. He embodied the love she valued, its whimsy, its healing powers. He was as happy for his own love as he was for others... And the song of his hearts seemed to embrace hers as they flew. Let us fly free, as the rivers below us, as the clouds above! Let us follow our hearts and find this fantasy! Her trill of excitement became a musical croon with this private encouragement.

As she rose ever upwards, she was glad to see Khazariath hadn't lost his nerve in the throng of suitors. Young but brave, and keen to prove himself. It was certainly admirable, but it was his words that tugged at her, provoking a croon and a backwards glance over her shoulders. Just keep following, Khazariath, I know you can. Soon we will drown in the joys, but not before we find love. Belief in him bloomed, fuelling her in the process. She hoped her crions would entice him to push further and higher than ever before.

The swirl of Bajeth's excited energy followed her like a shadow, and Mictecath trilled in delight. He was so happy to fly- and nothing made her happier knowing they were both aloft, letting the love and wind carry them onwards. Such joy this brings to me, Bajeth! The sky echoes with our love, like a second home. And oh, how she longed to bathe in it forever. These dizzying heights had no end, and their flight was sure to last forever.

Bedazzled he might have been, but the distance between them did not lessen the impact of his words: Mic hummed along to the song of Zassorth's hearts, letting his music fill her as she raced towards the sky, pride and love filling her. His affection for her was so real and genuine that, were it not for the instinct to fly as far as she could, she would have turned tail to embrace him in response. I yearn to call your hearts, my home. Soft and gentle were her words for the bronze, though an undercurrent of desperate passion lurked beneath, threatening to swallow them whole.

Poor Aryath, whose instinct for direction had misguided him, seemed to be playing catch-up. Let's dream out loud, then, and find this love! Why wait until tomorrow when the sun rises today? She soared ahead, rolling through wispy clouds in ecstatic euphoria. She hoped Aryath would find the thermals to bring him closer, that her teasing would fuel him to greater speeds.

If Venandith knew the war inside of her hearts, Mictecath was certain he would shun her. But that he followed was proof enough of his loyalty, and perhaps even his affection... and the Queen clung to the hope that had blossomed since his daring Threadfall heroics- as much as the thought that she had judged him too harshly surprised her. Well... To make mistakes was... It was part of life. And admitting to them was part of maturing. Mictecath-Nyara felt a flicker of pride at this own personal growth, although the self-congratulations was maybe a bit premature. She reached out to him, a warm, affectionate and encouraging mental pat, even as he sped ever-closer. Venandith... Fantasy or fallacy, I believe... I believe in you. Let your hearts guide you. A pause, as the warring emotions bubbled so close to the surface, sometimes love lasts, but sometimes it hurts instead... She wanted to see the path he would take, the dragon he would become. She was waiting, hearts open, mind ready to change. They had gone through so much, and he was different from his weyrling days- why couldn't she change too?

Sakneth's words reached her as she flew over dwindling peaks and forests green, and she crooned in approval. Such sweet music, her earlier judgement forgotten in the revelry of their dance. He might have lingered behind some, but she had a feeling hidden reserves dwelled deep within the masked dragon. Where lie our hearts? Past these rivers and forests, past the echoes of these old Holds, hidden in the depths of the skies? Each step in the dance brings us closer. And truly, she was curious to see how it would end. Love was the most important thing they had, otherwise, what was the point of fighting? Of protecting Pern? If not for love... Then the world was empty. Perhaps she was naive, but her version of the world was more beautiful for the tender affection she could share with others.

Golden Rose... Mictecath was not the fair blushing type, but the words stirred some secret pleasure within her. Taoloth would be swept up in a wave of pleased approval, Mic no doubt enchanted by his hypnotic charm. I wish I could offer you stars, yet I have but blood and love to give. Swift as the winds, you may come to receive them, Taoloth... Ah, that she would bleed for her family was a sure thing. Anguish for her Weyr still consumed her when they rose to fight- but today was not to dwell on the darkness of Thread, but on the light of love. She was certain the Brown had chosen his position carefully, with strategy in mind- neither ahead or behind, marshalling energy for the inevitable fall...

Alarasith was as truthful as the morning was bright- his energy and passion lifted him fast and far, and Mictecath marvelled at his recovery. His hearts sang with a passion ever so slightly reminiscent of her dear friend Lilikith, and she gave herself a moment of distraction with thoughts of a large dragon cuddle pile. She trilled in response to his words, a lilting laugh following his song. Is it me or has the day become unreasonably hot? I worry we'll burn up in our quest for love, Alarasith. Mic joked, amused and sailing further into the sky.

Irath's late arrival did not tarnish Mictecath's good mood in any way. In fact, she espoused the saying 'the more, the merrier', and greeted him with a friendly bugle. His offer to guard her should she need it was met with a wave of appreciation, although she was sure nobody in their right mind would make her feel unsafe. Irath, you are so very gracious. Follow along, and join us in this dance! She was glad he had added his own tune to the musical feast that followed her, for there was nothing more liberating than pure, creative expression in flight.

Severith was a reassuring presence, and something in his words stirred a nurturing, protective feeling in her. She wanted to remember everything and everyone who had flown with her, no matter what the outcome may be. Follow me under the sun, Severith, and don't lose yourself! Earnest and eager, she turned on a wingtip and began to lead in a different direction.

Yihoth chased with so much energy that Mictecath was pleasantly surprised to see him vye for the lead, beside Venandith. She crooned in approval, but danced beyond his reach, desperately certain there was still much flying to be done. Yihoth, look at you go... There's a flame there that may even cast me in shade. She joked, though her admiration was apparent. Old love and new love, there's a magic and beauty to this chase... The comment was shared for Yihoth, as well as Venandith and Rixth, who were all so close. She pushed further ahead, determined not to let them catch her (yet, anyways).

Her hearts gave a pang of sorrow as Nanuth struggled off the ground, and she reached out to him mentally, wrapping him up in a tender, warm embrace. Follow me through the sky, and we'll fly through every obstacle that separates us. She was so certain Nanuth would catch up, her encouragement was meant only to be a reminder of what their hearts knew for sure. That he was also giving Venandith the space and respect the Brown deserved was a good sign, and she was proud of how they had grown. Maybe their tumultuous relationships may written in the stars as well?

And Rixth- well, he had come back for her. He would move heaven and earth to see his family again; the love she had for him was indelible and steadfast. She sent him affection through their bond, and crooned as he spoke. The dancing queen... Was he pleased? Proud? That music thrived in her very soul? I'm having the time of my life... You being here makes it all the better. Her words were so soft- barely a breath shared between the two of them.

Nyara was mostly airborne, her mind firmly twinned with Mictecath's, but there was a familiar voice in the background. She was startled to see people- but relieved, too. Suddenly the flight made sense, and those people were definitely dragons. Yes. It was good that they had come. She wanted to pull them close to her, to let them hold her when she needed them, but Mictecath's instinctive urge for space and freedom stopped her short. Instead, Nya managed a wan smile as she studied them, not quite present physically.

About Nyaranau:
Vivacious, loving and enthusiastic, Nyara is a whirlwind of energy and positivity. Her ebullient joie de vivre conceals insecurities and a fear of loneliness: Nyara surrounds herself with people so she doesn't have to deal with all the worries she buries.

Positive Trait List: Excitable, Intelligent, Passionate
Negative Trait List: Fear of loneliness, Self-absorbed, Easily distracted

About Mictecath:
Extremely physically affectionate, Mictecath is a doting, nurturing dragon with a lot of love to offer. She yearns to be a mother, and embraces her maternal role with a great deal of enthusiasm. She is, at times, overprotective of those she loves, and can be a bit vengeful when she feels someone has wronged a loved one. Her wrath is certainly something to behold when provoked.

Positive Trait List: Maternal, Responsible, Demonstrative
Negative Trait List: Overprotective, Smothering, Vindictive

SilverLutz
+15 to your running score!

demon_pachabel

BastetAmun
+10 to your running score!

Princess_Feylin

ShinosBee

faesinger
In addition to rolling your points, please also roll from the Good Luck Table!

Dea and #Teddy#

Zaikt
"Ouch! A nearby dragon accidentally clipped you with their tail. It stings, but you've dealt with far worse, right? -10 to your running score!"

+10 to your running score for song choice!

magnadearel

Smerdle
"Another dragon just bullied their way into your airspace and stole your thermals! How dare! -25 to your running score!"

+15 to your running score for song choice!

Uta
"A sudden change in wind causes you to pull a muscle in your wing. You handle the pain, but the distraction has caused you to lose your spot. -30 to your running score!"

+15 to your running score for song choice.

Avid_RPer18

Mr Cheri

Shaddaling
+5 to your running score!

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 57!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:33 pm
User Image

Purple eyes tracked Mictecath as she flew, her graceful movements making his hearts pound all the more. He was staying with the bulk of the pack for the most part which seemed about right, certainly not the fastest nor strongest out of those gathered today. But he had enthusiasm and soft hearts, ones that would burst with adoration and affection for any children he happened to sire.

Mictecath's words swirled in his mind, her infectious happiness wrapping him up in a warm embrace. He felt a shiver of desire run down the length of his long spine as he flew, urging him to flap a bit harder, push the air out of the way, weave around a dragon or two into a new spot. Bajeth's eyes were ever on Mictecath, though, unwavering in his determination. He sent a burst of love and hope her way, thoughts of warm sands and eggs a plenty joining his tune.

I can feel you all around me, thickening the air I'm breathing, holding on to what I'm feeling, savoring these hearts a'healing.

For truly this flight was healing his hearts and hopefully S'ian's down below. This was getting back into the way things worked. This was participating in and protecting their way of life. This was getting them back to where they'd been all those Turns ago. This was the final stepping stone to accepting their loss and moving on without forgetting their deceased weyrmates. They were a bronze and a dragonrider, fulfilling their duties to their home and Pern. Bajeth would chase Mictecath until his wings failed him if that's what it took.

All Around Me

---

Bajeth: Bajeth is a friendly, outgoing dragon who loves to laugh, eat, and make new friends. Kids are a delight to him - both of the dragon and human persuasion - and he'll be the first to volunteer to watch over those scampering around in the Creche or to introduce himself to the new junior weyrlings during their training sessions. Although he's currently working through some old and new feelings - good and bad - he's far quicker to put on a happy face and interact with others than his rider is. Bajeth is quite fond of any dragon that is smaller than him, no matter the color, as he loves to curl up around them and snuggle.
S'ian: Emotionally unavailable, won't be participating.

---

Bajeth's Stats

Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
Respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank: +15'
Total: 80

Round 1: 27 + 10 = 37
Round 2: 57 + 15 = 72
Total: 109  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta generated a random number between 1 and 90 ... 62!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:46 pm
User Image

Venandith continued to chase Mictecath, pouring every ounce of power into every stroke of his wings. Unfortunately, the winds changed on him, which caused him to fight against the gust. Something pulled in his right wing--which caused him to lose momentum and snarl in pain.

Great.

Just perfect.

Though he slowed down immensely, and the pain of the strain was unpleasant at best, instinct, determination, and a desire to get through to Mictecath spurred him on. What was a little pain, anyway? He was stronger than that, and would not stop just because he had a wing strain. It was now or never, and he was determined to stay ahead of the pack, if he could. Mictecath had always wanted him to prove himself, in some way; that he wasn't all talk, that he wasn't just blustering ego.

Confident, self-assured, arrogant, and a little bit in love with himself? Certainly. Of that he had never hidden. But there were other aspects of him, past all his oozing self-assurance. He was strong, emotionally and physically; he wasn't afraid to speak up when he felt the need. He was persistent -- of that even Mic could not deny. He did not give up easily, as both Skerath and Sucurith understood; he did not simply roll over when someone spurned him, or wrote him off. There was reliability, dependability, and pride all wrapped up in one very handsome package.

Best of all... he could be suave when he wanted to be. Singing and dancing weren't something he was well practiced at, but he was Fianth's son, just as Mic was Fianth's daughter; music surely ran in their blood.

What hurts the most was being so close... And having so much to say...And watching you walk away. And never knowing...What could've been...And not seeing that love in you-- He stopped short, eyes whirling purple. He had always loved Mictecath, certainly; she was his clutchmate, after all -- though it was not, perhaps, the blind and single-minded devotion of Nanuth, for Venandith was not one to give his hearts so freely; nor was it the easy love he possessed for his closest ally, Sucurith; or the barbed-wire and complicated love he had for Skerath. But it was there, all the same -- and even as siblings, their relationship had been wrought more with mistrust and negativity than pleasure.

But that didn't mean he didn't regret the way things were. The way things had become.

Mic... I know if I could do it over, I would trade, give away all the words that I saved in my heart...That I left unspoken.

Their relationship was complicated, but it didn't have to hurt. Not if she didn't want it to.

What Hurts The Most - Rascal Flatts

- - - -
Venandith Basically a hero, Venandith is amazing. And don't think that he won't tell you all about it. He does take great pride in showing himself to be an example among Browns. For that reason he'll be the first to volunteer for a dangerous mission. If there was a break in the line, he'd be right there, ready and willing to go right into the thick of things. But ooph, watch the face! There's only one like that in all of Pern. If there is one thing to say of Venandith, it's that he's persistent. He will doggedly pursue a task to the bitter end, even if that means putting himself and his rider at terrible risk. He'd rather not, of course, but if something needs done, this is one dragon who will do it.

Positive Traits: Confident, Strong, Opinionated, Suave, Persistent
Negative Traits: Smug, Arrogant, Narcissistic, Vain, Womanizing (Manizing? Izing?)

Venandith: +5

1. 82 + 15 = 97
2. 62 - 30 + 15 = 47

Total: 144

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 23!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:46 pm

Aryath was able to gain a little ground as he struggled to catch up. There was still a large gap, but not an insurmountable one. As he flew ever closer, he told Mictecath, There is more than a day, between yesterday and tomorrow. There is possibility and all that has yet to be. Aryath might be known for being charming and boastful, but he could be contemplative and introspective. When it suited him. Love is a possibility. Something to find and to hold close. If even just for a moment. He wove between a dragons as he strove onwards. Let us discover together what could be.

Aryath:
Positive Traits: Charming, irresistible, cavalier
Negative Traits: Rakish, disreputable, boastful

L’iand: is not available

participant: +5
demonstrative: +10
Charming: +10
protective: +10
Invested potential clutch sire/future parent +10
Willing to share ‘the ledge’ with others: +15
Strong loyalty to the Weyr +5
respectful of every color regardless of rank: +15

Round 1: 5 + 5 = 10
Round 2: 23 + 30 +15= 68
Total: 78  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

faesinger rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:48 pm
Good Luck Grid Roll for Aryath
Quote:
18-19: You didn't have to barge past the other suitors: the winds pushed them aside, giving you a direct path towards Mictecath. +30 to your running score!

BastetAmun generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 32!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:48 pm
User Image

The approval that Mictecath sent his way, the way it made his hearts swell within his chest took the brown off guard for a moment. The soft touch of her mind against his was enjoyable but it was more how pleased she was, how much she had enjoyed the nickname he had spoken, that awoke something within him. For a staggering moment he felt himself falling, not from the sky but something deeper and the loss of control scared him.

It only lasted a second before he quashed it down deep within, his focus returning to the brightest light in the sky that even Rukbat could not hold a candle too.

Your love, my Rose is all I ask for this night. His movements twisted and turned gracefully in the air as he stayed within the pack, bidding his time and not over shooting. She would climb higher into the sky and he would be there to catch her if she wished. Ah, but the sight of her there against the sky, the night sky disappearing had his hearts beat faster in his chest. I never counted on your touch making me want you so much...Every star up in the sky has got your name on it tonight, and they don't stand a chance like I know I don't. His wings flapped as he moved to try and gain nearer, a drive wanting to be closer all of a sudden, forget planning or control for the moment. And Mictecath you can't tell me that you can't see the kind of spell you put on me, 'cause you gotta know just what you do, even the stars fall for you.

Taoloth's initial pause, the confusing emotions that had wracked through him had Tahirah lurch and lean against a wall before pushing off of it. It was so disorienting to be walking through the halls to Nyara's weyr and yet she was also flying high in the sky chasing the golden light that was Mictecath.

How she managed to stumble her way to the right place she didn't know or understand, but she was driven by something more then logic at this moment in time and she saw Nyara there but also Mictecath, and the other suitors who made it were also their dragons high in the air.

Even the Stars Fall For You

-------------------------------

Taoloth: A brown that is a bit more on the smaller and delicate side, there are many who underestimate Taoloth. Quick-witted and charming he enjoys flirting with male and females, as well as vying for control and wanting to be in control in most situations.
Positive Traits: Disciplined, Patient, Ernest;
Negative Traits: Controlling, Deceitful, Manipulative

Taoloth's Stats
Loving, Demonstrative or Affectionate: +10
Sociable, Witty, Charming, Humorous: +10
Family-Oriented: +15
Part of the Magic/Disney double Clutch: +15

Round 1: 26+10=36
Round 2: 32+10= 42

Total: 79  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 10!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:49 pm
NPC Zassorth

The space between them grew and grew, but the music swelled in his hearts to cross the void that seemed to blot out all else. A flicker of gold, a flicker of bronze... a chase of brown. Flecks of light that brightened the dim morning. There she was, a beacon above him, ever drawing him up. Fighting against the wind as it buffeted him, Zassorth cried out with his hearts for the queen who had outpaced his beating wings. Call it magic, cut me into two... and with all your magic, I disappear from view.

So bright, so beautiful. A distant star that he could not grasp but longed to touch. His yearning reached out to her, an unquenchable and deep love that was a river stretching out between them. Clever tongue, steady heart... but never sweet words, no never for anyone before. He let his bond with La'zul fill him with thoughts and concepts he'd never known. Tangling with the wind of wings that would seek to cast him down, the small bronze fought the fight of the true hearted.

A breath. And I can't get over, can't get over you. Still I call it magic, such a precious jewel. Somewhere above him he could all but see the violet of her eyes. It sparkled in his hearts and nowhere else within view... reflecting the fervid lilac of his own, blue layered over purple until there was no end and no beginning to the hues. Straining muscles labored to close the great divide.

Mictecath, I won't let you leave me behind. I've been trying to catch up since the first time that we met. For Mictecath, as all of the Magic dragons, had been a weyrling for months when his clutch had hatched. He remembered the awe he had held her in when so small, which had quickly transformed into his usual sardonic attitude. He'd hidden it so well that even he had forgotten it, a distant memory that only the passion of the moment had brought forth.

At last La'zul had arrived at Nyara's weyr - only to find it quite occupied. Well, he'd never cared about such things, and as he strained along with Zassorth he couldn't care now. Stepping inside without question, as if the Flight alone entitled him, the bronzerider drew closer, but did not surround Nyara. It was not yet time. "Nyara," he said aloud, his violet eyes mirroring his dragon's own. The only time they ever did. What else was there to say? He was Zassorth, he was La'zul. They were one.

Magic by Coldplay

About Zassorth

A small to medium sized bronze, Zassorth nevertheless is a force to be reckoned with. His hide shows the ravages of Thread, but he is not a vain creature, taking such stains as the badges of pride that they are. Passionate, fierce, and magnetic in his acid way, he keeps his hearts well hidden. He's been known to sing to his food upon occasion... not that he'd ever admit to such a fault. Although generally standoffish, where Zassorth has committed his hearts he is devoted and protective.

Positive Traits: Charismatic, Hypnotic, Witty
Negative Traits: Scheming, Machiavellian, Sarcastic

About La'zul

Born and raised in Nabol Hold, La'zul adapted to Weyr life like a fish to water. He lives and breathes the High Reaches culture, but owing to his upbringing as a scrapper (and sometime card shark) has a meritocratic bent. A handsome fellow with shoulder length blue-black hair and violet eyes full of mischief, La'zul is your traditional bronzerider in a quite attractive package. ... If one prefers one's bronzerider to have rather sharp edges, at least. Equally intrigued by men and women, and nonbinary sorts alike. Little bit easy come, easy go... until the right thing (or things) click(s).

Positive Traits: Clever, Resourceful, Inquisitive
Negative Traits: Bossy, Sharp-tongued, Greedy

Available for post-Flight good times.

Musical: +10
Witty, charming, humorous: +10
Protective: +10
Strong loyalty to the Weyr and 'the way things are done' - because they benefit him: +5
[Dis]respectful and accepting of every colour regardless of rank - impressed by those who excel regardless of color: +15

Round 1: 16/80 + 15 = 31
Round 2: 10/80 + 15 = 25

Total: 56

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 80 ... 38!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:10 pm
User Image

Mictecath's sweet encouragements made his hearts beat faster, pump in time with his wings to send him chasing after her with a crooning song on his lips to match. There was so much love rolling off everyone around them, so much desire, and the heady need to chase and be chased, to catch and be caught... It was easy to blend into the crowd, but oh, he wanted to stand out, today of all days! He wanted to be somebody! He flapped faster, pounding at the air to try to carve through the distance between himself and
Mictecath—though he did not dodge far from the other males, nor snap or hiss at them. He had nothing but love and respect for all of them, after all! Who wouldn't, when they were all so wonderful?

Lead us on, Mictecath! I want to be the one you're guiding...I believe that you can lead the way! He drove after her, spinning, rising, falling, trailing in her wake as if a line bound them together. Now and then he'd lose sight of her behind another male, but still he pressed on, giving his all with nothing but the brightest exuberance. I want to be somebody to someone, someone to you... Maybe I don't need to change the world, but I'd make the moon shine just for you, Mictecath, if that was what you asked of me! I want to be the one you're calling! I just want to be somebody... someone to you!

Stats
Sociable, witty, charming, humorous: +10
Respectful and accepting of every color regardless of rank: +15

Score:
26+15(bonus) = 41
38+15(bonus) = 58

Total: 99  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Avid_RPer18 generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 58!

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:23 pm
Bronze Alarasith
User Image

Alarasith had to laugh with the queen's joking tease, brilliant blue tinging his vibrantly purple eyes. 'Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, Mictecath! I certainly wouldn't mind. Your love, just feels so good! Yeah, that's what takes me high, higher than I've been before.' As so he was, flying ever higher into the morning sky, deep wingbeats keeping him soaring with good time, while having a grand old time while he chased after the radiant Mic.

'Ooh, I want you to understand how I feel, yeah, deep inside. Oh, Mic, you make me feel what I need to feel, yes, in my hearts.'

Fe'ryn had to take a few pauses here and there to brace against a wall to briefly ground him in the shared sensation of flight, just shy of delirious with the love and flightlust rolling off his bronze. He found his way to Nyara's weyr. He wasn't the first to arrive, but that was okay. If anything the collecting riders helped. He dipped his head in a bit of a bow to the goldrider, offering a smile to her. It wouldn't be appropriate to simply reach out. No, while everyone's dragons were reeling in the air in their own pursuit, it would be up to Nyara who she let close.

[It Feels So Good - Sonique]

Round 1: 45 + 15 = 60
Round 2: 58 + 15 = 73

Total: 133

.:Alarasith's Stats:.

Sociable, witty, charming: +10
Is Alarasith: +10

Total: 100 (boy, hwhat)

Derg: A mini bronze, Alarasith is a bit of a fuddy-duddy. He maintains gentlemanly airs, valuing tidiness, open, diplomatic communication, and decorum. He longs to be father and loves spending time around kids, human or draconic. He'll gladly help teach, fuss over, protect, and babysit/watch over creche kids, candidates, or younger weyrlings if given the chance to do so. He tends to take things at face value and holds grudges or ill moods about as well as a sieve does. He doesn't pay much mind to color politics, perfectly comfortable catching or being caught by any other color, chromatic or metallic, should he fail to catch a rising green or gold. If he has to pull color rank due to a fight or during threadfall, Alarasith makes a point to seek out the ones he had to do so with to discuss and possibly apologize if he feels the need to do so. He doesn't view his threadfighting as heroism, just a duty that he happily, readily performs. He must make safe HR and the people therein, regardless of injury or come what may.

Positive: Paternal, gentlemanly, buoyant, sincere
Negative: Passive/unambitious, overly trusting, fussy

Rider: Fe'ryn, an ex-woodcrafter/thatcher before being searched, is a hardworking man that tries to take steps to try to avoid finding himself lacking, be it in understanding or for the simple day-to-day emergencies of needing a small bandage, writing implement, a piece of paper, etc. Nary will anything he carries with him or wears be out of place. He's an empathetic fellow, which can exacerbate his moodiness and impulsivity. He tries to keep folks at arm's length to keep the worst of this at bay.

Pos: Dutiful, empathetic, prepared, neat
Neg: Impulsive, moody, fidgety, guarded

Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 95 ... 21!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:56 pm
User Image

He's snapped out of his focus by a sudden crack of pain from another chaser's tail, but Yihoth doesn't let it throw him off his game for long--he's got plenty of scars that show he's been through worse, and Mictecath's encouragement kept him pushing forward.
I don't wanna steal your spotlight, now. This is your day, and it ought'a be all about you. Yihoth gave a sheepish chuckle, turning to follow after her as she changed directions. Her praise was practically making him blush, and he was sure he'd never hear the end of gentle ribbing from R'gal once he was back on the ground. I might not be as fancy as some of these other boys, but--when I say forever, it's the truth. Was he coming on too strong? Uh oh. All I want today is to make sure you get your happy endin', even if it ain't with me.

[ finding you - kesha ]

Brown Yihoth
summary : A massive (literally) sweetheart with a down-home sense of hospitality and kindness, Yihoth is a gentle giant who's commonly described as a thoughtful, considerate dragon. Unfortunately, he can be a bit of a doormat due to how much he wants to please others, and isn't so great at standing up for himself. He's honest and humble, but is a romantic at his core, although he's a little too self-conscious to let that show all that much.
positive traits : people-pleaser, loving, sociable, grounded, accepting.
negative traits : people-pleaser, non-confrontational, self-conscious, sensitive, anxious.

stats
Sociable: +10

total : 95

round one : +95+5 = 100 [+10/-10]
round two : +21 = 121

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
Dea and #Teddy# generated a random number between 1 and 90 ... 61!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:49 am

Nanuth felt Mictecath's mental embrace, knowing she must have seen his rocky start. The red in his eyes from being angry at himself for that seemed to return to a brilliant purple as he sent love back to her. It helped Misty below added her own encouragement, feeling everything he felt. The words his beloved gold sent seemed to be exactly what he needed as he seemed to get a burst of speed, taking off after her. It seemed he got a little more help from the carelessness of one of the other suitors as they furled wings with another, giving him some space to move. He took the opportunity to sail past them and into the heart of the pack. He still wasn't in the lead, but he hoped to make up for that soon enough. However, he could reach out to Mictecath again with some more words of his own.

Right from the start, we have been friends forever. But somehow we are meant to be together. I feel like you have shown me how to find my way home. Now I realize there is so much more to feel and my heart knows it's real. The part of me so long forgotten is calling and this feels like home. You are home to me, my golden beauty,Nanuth explained. He would follow her anywhere and fly through the obstacles that separated them.

Feels Like Home-Josh Kelley, Melissa Etheridge (Brother Bear 2)

Nanuth's Stats
Loving, demonstrative, or affectionate: +10
Is Nanuth: +10

Nanuth: He is not the most social of dragons, but those who he is close to, he is a mountain of love and strength. He has a good dose of courage, but sometimes he gets a little too full of himself. He can get upset over things, so it takes Zamistia to keep his temper in check. When his loved ones are in danger, he will do everything he can to protect them. (Misty will be in her weyr with her weyrmate, but will get in thoughts here and there)

Positive Traits: Love, Strength, Courage, Protective, Wise
Negative Traits: Hot tempered, Overconfident, Territorial, Solitary

Score
Round 1: 3(+15 bonus)= 18
Round 2: 61 (+10 bonus)= 71
Good Luck Table- +25
Total: 114

Quote:
16. 16-17: What luck! A careless dragon furled wings with another ahead of you, leaving the path clear. Their clumsiness has given you a chance to pull ahead! +25 to your running score!

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff