Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Cocktail Feast] Let's Get This Party Started! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:27 am

Once Baihath had been so small that he could easily nestle beneath Talmaith's wing and disappear completely. They had been small once. Bai had been smaller. At that young age, the little white had squiggled excitedly beneath his wings, sometimes kicking his tiny feet. Never before had Talmaith felt so protective of a sibling, nor so besotted. His adorable baby brother, who now had grown up and was father to an entire clutch.

His eyes flickered orange to red to yellow watching Khamaith with Turoth - surely his sister had the best of intentions, yet he could not help but fret slightly. But the babies crowded and played as once they all had, and his eyes settled on blue tinged with purple. His beloved family, now somewhat the larger. Hello, little Bai. How is fatherhood treating you? for indeed, Khamaith was quite occupied with a number of darling children, and he would not disturb her in this joyous moment.

That his Z'ri had arrived at the Feast, looking ever so dapper (and no little delighted, with the beautiful Valendyr on his arm) gave the blue considerable pleasure. At least they were making a good show of it. I'm proud of you both, the blue confessed, observing his siblings and their companion from a slight distance. It would be rude to intrude at such a time.

"Valendyr, you look stunning," Z'ri complimented his date, leaning down to bestow a stolen kiss upon his lips. "Will you dance with me?" he inquired, for all that his eye was drawn to the display of delicacies that the cooks had put together. Casgar had outdone himself, as usual - Z'ri was well aware that the Weyr was blessed with talented cooks, and he was more than pleased to be the beneficiary of their excellent work.

Tsunake
Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:36 am
Fahn and Alenciath

Alenciath leaned all of her weight into each nuzzle she received, only toppling over once when in her exuberance she'd not quite settled her weight back onto her feet - but she cheeped happily and wiggled about for her accidental flopping. How exciting was it that all of her siblings were also here? Wiggling up to her feet again she hwenked up at her parent-trio.

Today is a wonderful day, Mama! This will be a wonderful party! And we'll all have a wonderful time! How could I not be excited? she answered Khamaith with a giant wave of love, half-bouncing as she stepped away to hwenk up at Fahn as well. Fahn dramatically clutched her chest and dropped to a knee - half playing it up, but never the less - "How are you so cute?"

She'd move away to squonk at Turoth, reeling back onto her hind feet to bat at the air with her front - like she was mimicking someone who talked with their hands. It's always nice seeing you, Daddy! I'll come see you again, okay? there were lots of siblings to visit - and she still needed to feed Hers!

Baihath would receive a similar squenk, but she'd take advantage of the white's low position to rest her front feet on his nose, leaning out to boop the tiniest boop! I hatched! And I found mine! And there was lots of food! And is! And everybody is so happy! she announced, flaring out her wings and giving them a very weak test flap. I love you, Papa! I'll come say hi again!

And of course, there were others who needed similar loving which Alenciath was all too ready to give, moving to prance about her siblings and offer headboops to them all - Ilaorunth, Chinanazith, Manahahtath, Rhodonth, Quinineth, and even Demodeth would receive a run-by love-boop from their sister.

But she'd not linger for long.

I love you! Mine says there will be dancing later! Rhodonth! Come dance with me later okay? You too Quinineth! Maybe Papa would dance too! Oh!

But first, Fahn was hungry, and while she'd held in the need to just eat her fill immediately so Alenciath could say her hellos.....Alenciath could feel that hunger. With a bump against her rider's side, she started making way for the spread of food. Are you gonna try EVERYTHING? it seemed like a wonderful idea. Fahn's stomach, quite frankly, agreed: "I'm gonna shove as much of it in my face as I can!"

And her stomach growled for the promise.

Prism Shine

SilverLutz

Tsunake

Samuel Carlin

Tatterpixie

Meepfur

Hattaki

Smerdle

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:47 am
R'thell of green Triesteth
He could have skipped the feast, for all that he was content to simply cuddle up with his little, but quite round, green. He was absolutely in love, and terribly enthralled with her. He finally truly understood just how indescribable Impressing a dragon really could be, and he knew, without a doubt, that there was nothing he wouldn't do for her. She was his everything. She was his...missing piece, and he honestly felt like a new man. Maybe that's because he was.

The ache, yearning, and need for acceptance; that quiet resignation of what his future might be had been blown away by the darling before him. Triesteth was perfect, and he would fight anyone who claimed otherwise. A small part of him knew that some thought greens were somehow lesser than dragons of other colors--but he couldn't see why anyone would say such horrible things. His Triesteth was nothings short of perfection.

He had made sure she had been properly oiled--though he'd needed some assistance getting to her wrapped wing--and with the numbweed still keeping her pain at bay, she was more than ready to go. It didn't take him long to find his Gather best, which, admittedly, wasn't quite as posh as some in the Weyr--but it was his best, all the same. Oh, how part of him wished his family would have been there to see her.... but he supposed it was just as well they weren't. He'd write them later and inform them of the news.

Triesteth was eager to attend to the Feast, so she might get to love on each of her clutchmates. They had all been so wonderful, so good, so kind--and some she had yet to properly meet. Tired as she was, her blue eyes were laced with purple. Sleep could wait--she wanted to properly enjoy this evening with Hers and her clutchmates. It was a party--and weren't so many of her clutchmates deserving of such things?

"It's for you too, love," R'thell assured, leaning down so he might kiss that little, pale-green nose that was poised up at him. "Ready?" He finally asked, straightening out his dark blue tunic. Triesteth could only croon ever-so-lovingly in response.

It didn't take them long to reach the festivities. The little green's excitement only grew as soon as she saw the crowds, her mother, father, and papa, and siblings already out there. He good wing flapped a bit wildly with her excitement--which did, unfortunately, make her more unsteady on her feet. She was not, of course, the picture of poised perfection some of her siblings might have been--but it couldn't be helped. Having one wing tucked and wrapped close, and no counter-balance to her other wing--it meant she was close to taking a few tumbles. Thankfully, R'thell was there to catch her--or at least help keep her steady.

Oh... Oh there was so many out there already she hardly knew what to do. "Don't you want to say hello again?" He gently encouraged--feeling her oozing delight. Outside of hoping to express congratulations to a few of his fellow weyrlings, and introduce her to a few others--he was in no rush on where to be. There was no one waiting for him particularly--so this show was all hers.

But she didn't want to steal attention away from her clutchmates who had made it out earlier, despite looking wistfully at Khamaith, Baihath, and Turoth--and she did want to admire all her happy, gorgeous clutchmates. She was the luckiest green to have been hatched in her most favorite family. Are all these people really here for all of us? She asked aloud, her little voice full of wonder.

You can go up to them, you know... He encouraged, attempting to think aloud--hoping she might hear.

The little green gave a little equivalent of a giggle. Of course I can hear you, Mine--now and for always. I'm happy to wait--don't they all look so wonderful? And all the people are so pretty and handsome. No wonder my sister loves to be in a party! She gave a dreamy little sigh, certain she understood now why Ilaorunth, and some of her clutchmates, were always claiming to be the life of such things.

[R'thell and Triesteth are open! Triesteth would dearly love to coo over parents and/or sibling, but also wants to wait her turn proper!]

Faroe & gold Neliath
The Hatching had been mostly a success. There had been a few surprises, and a few upsets--between the offense of some Holders, and a few Candidates who had been injured during the scuffle on the Sands--but it had ended with every dragonet finding his or her match.

Unfortunately, there was one Candidate who had not found His. No matter how strong a face some Candidates might have put on; no matter how quick they were to bounce back, the woman certainly remembered what it was like to face rejection. She had not Impressed Neliath on her first try, either.

While she did have certain individuals to congratulate--the clutchparents and riders, certainly, and welcome the newest Western Weyr weyrlings--she had grown rather attached to one of the Candidates on the Sands. Surely, everyone would be swarming the newest faces, and there was time yet to reach out to Ezyzu, Ar'ad, and Alya--so she would focus instead on a heart she was sure was sore, if not broken.

He's at the tables, Mine. Neliath directed.

Picking up a plate of some of Western's finest fair, the gold rider did indeed seek Matotoka out. "Mind if I join you?" She asked--not wanting to take time away from his friends or fellow Candidates or weyrlings who might wish to sit down. "How're you holding up?" She asked, genuine concern in her words. Perhaps she should have waited, but she was worried--and though she was sad he hadn't found His this time around, she was grateful he had walked away alive and without any obvious injury.

Neliath, of course, did send him a wave of approval and support--even if alone. part of him had been gutted, or otherwise disappointed, the gold did want him to at least know that he wasn't

demon_pachabel
Incoming! Trying not to Mom!Fuss.

J'lar & blue Loreleth
Another Hatching come and gone. J'lar had found he'd grown to enjoy the experience, especially now that he had Loreleth in his life. It always brought him back to the feeling of that wistful little blue dragon seeking him out, wanting him, choosing him, needing him. Though his dark blue beast was quite full grown, he knew how badly he was still needed--and how desperately he still needed Loreleth.

Life was different at Western... It was home. He still was grateful to High Reaches Weyr, and still enjoyed visiting the mountains--but Western was his new start. He was making friends, was fighting Thread, and slowly, cautiously, putting down roots. It was Loreleth's home, and where the blue loved to be. And yet... There were still some things missing. While he'd never quite forgotten where he came from, or what he'd lost and left behind--he was also in a better place to actually start picking up the pieces. It was time to start moving on.

The blue dragon had, of course, all but twined around Brieteth as soon as the paler blue had made himself available. The Hatching was all well and good, but with such limited time for contact, Loreleth had no desire to spend any great length apart. While they could certainly watch from afar, he had much preferred to spend his time wrapped up with his companion. And his joy was clear... it was hard not to be happy when his blue was so clearly smitten.

With Harp and Melody curled up on his shoulders, J'lar had no desire to disturb Loreleth. Parties had never been his sort of thing.. but they were spent in good company. They were less awkward affairs, and more opportunities to at least nod at those he knew, or say hello to faces he had befriended. Like dragon like rider, it also gave him an opportunity to say hello to another from High Reaches.

"Seems like we jes' did this song and dance, doesn't it?" He asked E'mel, who wasn't far from where the Harpers were stationed. Given Esurienth and Phylideth had had a successful clutch not a few months prior--there was a small amount of de ja vu. Every Hatching was unique, of course--but the parties were easy to start blending in with one another--especially when he wasn't much of a party man himself. "Not that I mind. Or Loreleth, for the matter. He'd have a Hatching everyday if he could just to have more time with Breiteth."

demon_pachabel
Incoming part 2!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:05 pm
F'gon of Farvath

"You did tell me," F'gon answered with a beaming smile, taking the first moment of Zh'gan's approach to look him over - "You look every part a proud Rider." Of course, the most important part of the look was standing at the young man's side, and F'gon would be sure to give Manahahtath a full look over. A fine dragon deserved better than a quick glance of appraisal, though even a quick glance would have told F'gon that much. Shards, even no-glance would have. He had chosen a great rider, after all, which meant this young bronze was a dragon of taste.

"You're a handsome dragon, Manahahtath," F'gon spoke directly to the hatchling, standing up tall and proud as he was introduced. "Well worth the festivities of the day alone, if I were to say so," which wasn't to say F'gon didn't think the rest of the clutch was worth its salt - simply that clearly Manahahtath was the dragon-of-the-hour in his mind.

Samuel Carlin

-----
Li'tt of Vuurth

Li'tt rested one hand gently over one of Iafri's, smoothing his thumb over the back and side of it in some attempt to be calming for her jumpy nerves. "It surprises me to hear you say that, when your company is so nice," though he imagined part of her nervous edge may have been because of such rejection. A shame. He'd have to do something about that. "I'll have to make sure you enjoy everything so you'll want to come to more with me."

Which of course implied he'd like to go with her.

"Do you want to walk around a bit, or should we look at the food first?"

Meepfur

-----

Matotoka

It would seem he was spotted before he did any spotting, though he was relieved to know he was sought out. That he was a blip on somebody else's thoughts. Matotoka smiled for Faroe, though he wasn't certain how convincing of one it was. "You can always join me," because really, wasn't he the one imposing? Unlike some, he mostly had only himself to console his feelings with. Which hadn't really bothered him before. He'd not set himself up to get so disappointed before.

"I'm alright," he answered, though something about the words felt like a lie in his mouth. They left a sour taste that he didn't much like. Shoulders slumping, he dared admit further: "I dreamed up something that wasn't meant to be and I'm feeling that now." While she had Nelilath, whom he leaned gratefully into the kind thoughts of now, Matotoka was sure Faroe knew what he meant.

Uta
Part 1 sad boy

-----

E'mel and Brieteth

"I think we'd have happier candidates right now if we were doing this every day," E'mel answered to J'lar's greeting, smiling warmly. "Brieteth would be happier for it," Of course, there were other things that would have made his dragon happier as well - but he wasn't able to fix broken bridges. At least, he wasn't qualified to mend that one. "You guys need to give us a chance to have a hatching next so we can play host, y'know." As though it was, specifically, J'lar's fault. But there was nothing but humor to it. Neither of them were gold dragons. They didn't get to make those kinds of decisions.

"Have you been up to anything exciting since the last one?" as though anything too exciting wouldn't have already been known. Brieteth's day to day chats were farther and farther from High Reaches every day now - though the blue was fond of his wingmates, his hearts had taken root elsewhere. He couldn't help but wonder what he was going to do about that. "Shoulder still feeling alright?" it had been months since that injury, but E'mel still felt the need to check after it, as though it would suddenly decide to flare up again with no reason.

Uta
Not sadboy

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:48 pm
Yevalee & Gallath

Yevalee arrived in flare, wearing a sarong tied as shorts in Tyrian purple and embroidered with sea silk gold that gleamed. It was shiny and bright and they loved it. A second one was tied in a halter like shirt, set with a carved cameo with the image of Gallath on it. It had been a gift from one of their sisters. They had draped themselves in a cowrie edged shawl of bright orange and wore good shoes and felt fabulous. They gave Gallath's nose one last rub before heading into the feast, leaving the green to socialize.

Gallath had been bathed and oil and she was lovely, if a bit heavy in her landings. She cooed pleased as punch at the hatchlings and Khamaith, Baihath, and Turoth, and ooh my was that her brother? Her eyes whirled brilliant blue and purple as she took in the small hatchlings. They were soooo weee. Her words were awashed in love and delight.

Tsunake

Prism Shine

ShinosBee

(Gally got to say hi to everyone and squeak at the hatchlings, they are wee and adorable.)
Yevalee is open.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Valendyr
Another Hatching come and went... To say he was disappointed was an understatement, but he thankfully had ways to distract himself from the loss. While he was grateful that the babies had all found Theirs--and that he had avoided taking damage or getting attacked during the fray--it was a hard pill to swallow. Thankfully, he had time yet... Not everyone Impressed right out of the gate, and while he was getting older, he wasn't close to aging out.

Not yet, at least.

And even if he had, or did--was there really any shame? Just because Pandyr had a blue, and Z'ria had a blue... They wouldn't care for him any less even if a dragon wasn't meant for him. Right? Right. Switchblade, Dagger, and Scimitar were also fine consolation prizes, the little flits periodically attaching themselves to him, or flying about him. Their little wedge-shaped heads had given him ample nuzzles, and Z'ri had given him ample kisses... It was hard not to feel a little better after all that affection.

So, he'd changed out of his robes, put on his gather best, and happily took his place on the arm of a very charming bluerider. There would be other Hatchings yet... He just needed to find His. "I'd be happy to dance," he confessed, the kiss drawing out a rare but sincere smile. "You're looking very good yourself--I'm the envy of many, I'm sure." The food certainly looked tempting--and he could hear Scimitar's pathetic cheep as she stared at all the morsels that were right there.

But dancing sounded more tempting than a sweet treat. The food wasn't going anywhere--even if his little flits were quite convinced otherwise.

"Shall we then?" What better time to dance than with music!

- - - -

T'mul & brown Braraith < --- T'mul is open for interaction

The brown rider was glad to have been able to catch up with Sylfie at the Hatching. She certainly seemed content enough in the mountains, and while he had been more than glad to see her--she did now remind him of a life that seemed so very far away. Though it had not been quite five Turns since they all parted, how things had changed. The little group of friends was getting progressively smaller as cherished faces had fallen victim to training or Thread... and their own bodies sported more and more scars the longer the fight reigned.

Times had changed things... but he was happy she seemed happy as well. It was all he could hope for, really. Though he kept his eyes out for Im'sh, he did his best not to look for Jalle--that was still a wound he hadn't quite yet allowed to fully heal. Instead, he filled up a plate, grabbed a cup of wine, and took a seat.

He'd never been one for parties... and a small part of him wondered if it wouldn't be better for him to offer to help move the weyrlings things from the Candidate Barracks to their new quarters. Dancing, drinking, socializing...he lived to work these days. He usually went to these affairs for Jalle's sake--but now? Well. He'd at least enjoy the food, before retiring--and before Braraith broke his own heart.

Hesperith, according to the brown dragon's report, looked as magnificent as ever and the fact she'd even bothered to spend time with him had been a highlight for the insecure brown.

When Hesperith invited him and another over, the brown could hardly believe such luck. He did not know who Iweth was, but he could not--would not--deny his clutch-sister's call. Though he fussed and preened and tried hard to make himself presentable (as if she hadn't just seen him at the Hatching proper) the brown found himself a bit too late. Winging over, he spotted the clear metallic sheen of metallic...

Oh. oh.

The brown dragon found himself suddenly torn on what to do. He could not--would not--ever compete with his more metallic kin. And the bronze was terribly handsome, wasn't he? With such unique patterns, and colors. He carried himself with clear confidence (at least as far as Braraith could tell) and had to be charm itself. Why wouldn't Hesperith want someone as illustrious as she? And to think he'd... he'd taken up so much of her time already.

But could he really deny her?

There was a pang in his heart--a pain of loss, of memory, of Zsaldath. Of a most beloved brother and clutchmate whom he had hatched absolutely adoring. Of a brother he loved beyond words, who had been so clearly meant for Hesperith... and of a brother who had died, most tragically, while learning to jump Between. He hadn't forgotten him, even after all these Turns--and to see Hesperith with such a fine bronze gentleman, only reminded him of what he would never have.

Foolish of him to have shown his ugly face... But it would be damning to ignore the summons of a queen. He would give them space, though, and do his best not to encroach. He did not know this other bronze, but he would make it clear that he was no threat. Time might heal wounds, but you could never fix ugly--and that was simply what he was.

How kind of you to offer. I shall dearly be honored to do so... but assure you I shall not take too much of your time. As if to prove it, he landed a good bit away--close enough not to be rude or offensive, but very clear that he was no threat to Iweth. He knew his place in the world, and it was well beneath the likes of the metallics. Hesperith was always a vision of beauty. Iweth--whoever he was--was a bronze, and clearly young and handsome and likely all things charming and wonderful and just as easy on the eyes as she. No... he did not belong here, but here he was, all the same.

ShinosBee
Sorry--he'll just stay a quiet brown lump over there.

Meepfur
Sorry--he'll just stay a quiet brown lump over there.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:10 pm
User ImageU`zan of Bronze Balizarth (High Reaches, He/Him)

Ferrying children back and forth to hatchings was not glamorous work, or work befitting a bronzerider of his standing, but U'zan had never, ever been able to resist a party. Balizarth of course was always happy to go where he was bid, and to trail after his golden sister as guard against any threat, so it hadn't been hard to be talked into going. And the hatching itself had been amusing enough, it was always something of a hoot to see new bonds being made, but really... it was the feast he'd come for. Just the feast, and, of course, the chance to mingle with some of the lovely people of Western

Dressed to the nines, looking every bit the bronzerider that he was (and a proper High Reaches bronzerider, not one of these silly Western ones who devalued themselves so needlessly!) he entered the feast like a celebrity, ready to toast the Weyr, and instantly let himself be swept up int the flow and pulse of celebratory life. There were so many lovely ladies and handsome gentlemen to greet and rub elbows with, and he gladly did so for a time. And while he didn't consciously think on it, there was always a part of him that was on the lookout. After all, he'd thought he'd seen a certain gold dragon among those perched to watch the hatching. Her gold dragon. As of yet though, he'd not seen Phryana. And if you'd asked him, he'd not say he'd been looking for her. Of course, that didn't change the fact that, when he thought he spotted her, her shade of hair, that familiar-but-half-forgotten line of her figure ducking in and out of the corner of his vision, he instantly turned to look...

Tsunake
RIP I'm so rusty pretend he's way more suave and charming than I can write him oops

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:23 pm
Erastan of Blue Aspalath

Erastan simply nodded as Ayla thanked him in turn. Good, that had gone better than expected.
The only problem now was he had no idea how to follow up. "I suppose...I was high up in the stands I didn't catch many details." Conversation was hard....As he started to shuffled awkwardly backwards and out of the exchange he was suddenly yanked backwards and almost off his feet.

"Ack!" he squawked in surprise and waved his arms to try and keep his balance. Luckily he could tell it was his twin the minute she made contact. The feel of her arms, her scent and her presence were all familiar to him as his own skin.

Anyone else would have got punched.

"Etansi. Don't do that to me" he complained, finally regaining his centre of gravity. "Of course I came. Yea, I hate these things but I know what it feels like to impress and not feel that your twin is happy about it." he told her, unable to resist the chance at a gentle ribbing and opportunity at a guilt trip for how she had reacted to his bond with Aspalath. Even though that was long forgiven it didn't hurt to have Etansi owe him.

He turned in her arms and wrapped her in a hug. Coming face to face with Quin in the process. "well..I wanted to meet you to. And she was right...you are very polite. " He didn't quite know what to make of that little quirk. "The suns only know what such a little lordling dragon is doing with you Etansi." More teasing.

Tsunake
Alya and White Baihath

Hattaki

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:25 pm
Ty'nan and Blue Chinanazith

The bright blue baby lolling at the feet of Turoth, flat on his back again to expose his plump little tummy, crooned contentedly as Daddy Baihath said hello. Chinanazith rolled over and got to his feet, then ambled over to the white dragon and flopped at his feet, just as leisurely and comfortably as he had his gold mama's and bronze papa's. Hello sweet Daddy, he said, waves of calm and relaxation rolling off him. Ahhh, this is the best. The only thing better would be if my brothers and sisters would snuggle with me. He made no effort to get up, but he sent out an invitation to cuddle-pile to all his clutchmates who were present.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

Tsunake

Samuel Carlin

Hattaki

Smerdle

Prism Shine

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
V'ime needn't have worried about looking underdressed around Ty'nan; the pale-haired man wore a simple white shirt buttoned up nearly to the top, the hem tucked messily into the waistband of his black trousers. The only 'fancy' item he had on was a pair of boots that matched the blue of his dragon's hide, and those were scuffed and worn finds from the spare clothing pile.

"Yeah, I'm Ty'nan. And thanks -- Chinanazith is a good-looking little blue, isn't he?" The love for his new lifemate was clear in his words as well, and he spared an adoring thought for the dragonet, still outside with his parents. "He's very relaxed, calm, peaceful... maybe a bit lazy," he chuckled. "I have a feeling he's going to be a handful during training."

Ty'nan's chuckle turned into a laugh at V'ime's wish for the party to stay where it was. "Not a chance. We love a good party here, and this is the best reason to throw one. People will doubtless be rotating our way eventually." His grin huge, he spread his arms wide. "Welcome to Western Weyr!"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:19 pm
Sylfie and Hesperith

Hesperith looked up with a fond croon as Iweth made his approach, as handsome and as sweetly charming as ever. It was very fair to say that the young bronze was one of her very favorite dragons, always exceptionally good company, with words as lovely as any of those in her favorite stories dripping from his thoughts. Iweth, my dear, you flatter me as always, she thrummed with pleasure, raising a wing to invite him close, And turn a fine day finer still by indulging me.

Ah, but that wasn't all! Braraith answered her call as well, and her already blue-purple eyes whirled deeper colors still. Nonsense! You are taking nothing I do not wish to give. Braraith, dearheart, please do come closer, she purred. I would like you to meet my good friend Iweth, one of High Reaches' finest dragons.

Iweth, this is my brother Braraith, who Western is lucky indeed to have. And they very certainly were.

While her dragon was pleased as could be, Sylfie fretted at her lip as she surveyed the party, noting all the familiar faces from High Reaches mingling in with the Westerners, and wondering as always just how other people seemed to be so good at this, socializing and enjoying themselves seemingly without any effort at all. But even as she thought it, the face she was fondest of appeared, and her expression lifted into a soft-but-bright smile. "Oh, Theo! I was- I was wondering if you'd come."

She'd known he and Iweth were ferrying some folks, but hadn't been sure if they would stay for the party, and had hesitated to ask. After a moment that was just a little too long, she realized he was offering her a glass, and a blush colored her cheeks as she reached to accept it. "Thank you."

ShinosBee

Uta

Akaris of Samodith

R'lyr was handsome as ever, dressed to impress even in less ostentatious colors - even now, the sight of him was enough to make her sigh. He was everything she could ever have asked for and more, and she was grateful every day that they'd Impressed in the same Hatching. Granted, it would have been better still if they had Impressed from a Western clutch, but they had their perfect matches, and they had each other. What was another four Turns or so of freezing cold winters and too-rare opportunities to see her family?

"Did you expect anything less?" she replied, accepting the wine with one hand and looping her other arm through his. The playfulness bled from her tone, though, when she answered his question. "No, not yet. I'll be surprised if I do, they've a lot to take care of I'm sure."

Shaddaling

Nadry of Menankith

As it happened, R'in spotted her first - her gaze might have lingered a touch too long on the sweets on offer - and she laughed as she was gathered up into a hug, which she enthusiastically returned. "There you are! I'm so happy for you!" It would have been best of all if His had hatched at High Reaches, but it was what it was, and what mattered more than anything was that they had found each other, and he knew what it was now to be so completely whole and happy. "I'm glad I could finally come - and right when it mattered, too. I'd have been so upset to miss it!"

Nadry peeked over his shoulder at the hatchling bronze who'd followed after him, keen to finally get a better look. "Won't you introduce us?"

Smerdle

Iafri of Girofleth

The feel of his hand over hers, thumb smoothing over it, was a tiny little gesture, but for Iafri, it was the small things like that that often meant the most, and it did help to settle her nerves somewhat. She did blush, though, and duck her head shyly when he asserted that her company was nice. "I think you and Girofleth are...in the minority, there," she admitted. To be fair, she'd had very few bad experiences in her time at Western (though those she had had left quite the impression), or even at Ruatha before that, but Benden and her life before Girofleth had left deep scars. "You know I'd come with you again, even if- even if it was awful."

"Not that it will be, of course," she added after a beat, realizing how it might sound if left as she'd said it. Asked what she would prefer to do first put her in something of a quandary, as she was used to letting others have their way, regardless of her own preference. A few months before, she'd have deflected rather than provide an answer, but after a few moments of thought and gathering herself up to do it, she decided, "Food, maybe?"

What with the Hatching and all, she'd not eaten since breakfast, and had to admit that she was hungry.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm
R'in of Bronze Demodeth

"Of course!" R'in reached down just as Demodeth pushed his head into his rider's hand, and after a brief headknob scratch, the bronze took a seat at his side. He looked up at Nadry with open curiosity, and when he spoke, his voice held more warmth than it would for anyone but His for a very long time.

How do you do, Nadry? It's a pleasure to meet you.

"This is Demodeth." R'in wasn't sure how to continue. From the outside, the hatchling probably appeared stubborn, sulky, and way shinier than Rykin had deserved. R'in on the other hand... Obviously he was the same person he had always been, but he didn't feel that way about himself anymore. The change was taking some getting used to.

"He was a surprise."

Not for me. I chose your brother weeks ago.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:12 pm
Serrekhar

As inclined as he was to mope, it was a little difficult when surrounded with good company and an amazing assortment of food. The big man didn't restrain himself from similarly piling things up on his plate. While he was very used to fish, some of this stuff... he had no idea what it even tasted like.

He chose not to comment on the part about waiting, because even thinking about those little greens... Why had he gotten so worked up, anyway? Probably because actually getting to see Impressions happen...

Ugh. Whatever.

"I dunno." But his voice said doubt. "I mean... They're all gonna be good, right? Wouldn't it just be a mix of goodness?" That almost made sense.

demon_pachabel

--

Aerden and Blue Tianxiath

As soon as he laid eyes upon the Master Healer, Aerden's face brightened at once. He still walked with the same quiet, polite air as always, threading his way through the crowd. Tianxiath, however, absolutely sauntered. He knew who this woman was, of course--not only had she helped to coax Aerden back from his serious scoring, but she'd taken him under her wing! Out of respect for this, he stayed quiet as Aerden leaned in to embrace her in a strong but gentle hug. Barely.

Mother, he almost said, but his mother was still alive and well back at Rivercrest... "Master Veena." He said with an enormous smile, stepping back to place a hand on his dragon's head. "This is Tianxiath."

You took such good care of my Aerden for me. The dragon craned his neck to stare at the woman's face with content green eyes, nosing at her affectionately. It's a pleasure, I'm sure.

demon_pachabel

--

Alya and White Baihath

Talmaith! He cried joyfully, sending a barrage of affection for his blue brother. It's treating me so nicely! Come, I want to introduce you! Why wouldn't he want to share his joy with his beloved brother?

Tail swishing madly, he paused to rumble at little Alenciath before she darted off. I love you too! Bye! Be good!

Naturally, he paused to offer a sweet croon at another of his daughters, wiggling with pleasure. Triesteth! How is your wing? Let your papa see you and Yours! His sweet little girl! He was so glad that she had found Hers after the initial struggle, as it were.

With a rumble of delight, Baihath dipped his head down to nuzzle Chinanazith, even going so far as to gently roll him from side to side. Oh, snuggling is nice! It was one of the games Khamaith had taught him when she'd been tired and he... well, had still been full of energy.

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel

Uta

tatterpixie

--

Phryana of Gold Kleoth

The Hatching itself had gone as well as expected... but Phryana certainly hadn't missed the offense given to the Holders, watching them with narrowed eyes as they had left the stands in a huff. That could only mean trouble. Still, at the feast, she mingled and flirted as she pleased, a glass held in her hand. Occasionally, she glanced up to where her beloved Kleoth watched, smiling to herself as she felt the queen fighting the urge to immediately swoop down to fuss over the new hatchlings.

She'd just happened to be turning when a familiar figure caught her eye, and Phryana paused with surprise. She certainly hadn't expected to see U'zan here... and after a moment of thought, she approached with confidence. He had written her several times over this past Turn, and she had responded in kind. Still, knowing his thoughts upon Western--well, she truly was surprised.

Kleoth rumbled ominously from her perch. She could not be less pleased. She had not forgotten the slight during her own hatching feast, and she let Phryana know exactly what she was thinking.

"U'zan," She greeted, looking him over with a slight curl to her lips. "You're looking well."

ShinosBee

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:27 pm
Cordrath

Ah! And here came one of his granddaughters! Cordrath leaned down to touch his snout to the tiny head that craned up to him, rumbling in his chest in greeting. Hello, sweet Ilaorunth. It is very nice to meet you, he oozed delight, eyes all purples and blues. Yes, she was perfect. They were all perfect.

Meepfur

------

Martirae and Anakumath

Anakumath would be graced with the company of two beloved clutchmates of her own, and she'd reach out to nuzzle each in turn - though she dared play coy to Samodith's statement of mock-offense. You mean dear Kleoth? Why, I knew Hers before I knew her, and it was true - to Phryana she may have become but a blip, but the young woman was still very cherished for the distance of place and time that had come between them. But anybody would have been hard pressed to find someone the gold didn't consider beloved in her hearts. I could certainly make introductions, if you would like, though she didn't wait for an answer.

She'd brush her mind against Kleoth's, eyes whirling a content blue-green as she beckoned the young gold to perhaps join her again.

Kaloth's thoughts were certainly something Anakumath had been mulling over, though the answer to such inquiries were hardly in need of deep thought. I did watch the little ones hatch - and how fortunate we all are they found Theirs safely, she couldn't help but think of Aureliath and it made her hearts twist just enough that Martirae felt it, ushering the young woman to gently coax the threat of renewed sadness elsewhere for the time being. I should hope Mine will be as lucky. Though she knew Elzebuth would have brought every boy or girl on Pern to High Reaches if any of her little ones needed more to choose from.

Z'rai was given something resembling a smile in greeting - Martirae was never the sort to smile much and it had been clear all through Weyrlinghood. It was not meant as offense, and the attempt would hopefully mean well enough. "It's emptier than usual, though," she answered, having noted certain faces she'd at least vaguely registered throughout her Candidacy at Western as 'important' weren't there. Many of which she had to assume had left during the Hatching itself. She couldn't help but frown.

Martirae knew what it meant, her training had been quite thorough in such matters.

"The food is nice, though. I haven't had some of these dishes in a while," even if the same meats travelled well, preparation was very different between a cold mountain and a warm island.

Meepfur

Tsunake

Samuel Carlin

-----

Li'tt of Vuurth

"You're allowed to not like it, if that's what you end up thinking," Li'tt squeezed Iafri's hand reassuringly. "But it is a nicer Feast for you being here with me - so while you may say I am a minority, I am a very happy one." He'd eventually find his way to the middle of that tangle that made her feelings twist over one another and sent her tripping over her thoughts as though she feared them touching his ears.

That she had an opinion between food or socializing or simply being there was nice. She'd fumbled with such choices initially and Li'tt couldn't help but hope Iafri would eventually be comfortable enough, secure enough in his company that she'd offer such thoughts with a touch less coaxing. "Food it is, then," he affirmed, giving her hand another squeeze as he made his way over to the table.

He made no move to remove her from his arm as he picked up a plate, holding it as he looked to her again, "Pick out whatever you want. I've got the plate." If he saw something he'd like, he'd probably simply ask for it.

Meepfur

-----

Josen
Honestly, that made a lot of sense. "Yeah, probably," Josen agreed, heaping a scoop of each curry onto his plate in a pile before taking one of the tubers and setting it on top. Was that weird? Did they use the flatbreads here for curries? Someone had obviously been familiar with eating the curries with tubers or they wouldn't have put them there, right?

Whatever.

"Man, it's gonna be weird to go back to lessons in the morning. And less exciting food," as though he didn't know what lingered on the horizon for all of their stomachs. "Man, I've never even seen some of these fruits..."

Tsunake

-----
Veena

It wasn't the same quiet, polite air. There was just something about it - while he was obviously the same young man who had been fumbled into his care, he was also someone slightly different. Veena recognized the difference, having watched first her daughter step through it, then her youngest son. Now another. Different, but not bad.

She returned the hug, squeezing him tightly before stepping back again. "Master is not required, Dragonrider," Veena corrected, a certain teasing note of irony in her choice to call him by his new title. Though there was no mockery to it. "Do I still call you Aerden or have you taken up a new name to go with your Tianxiath?" she asked, before looking down at the hatchling blue thoughtfully.

Veena offered Tianxiath a hand, which, if allowed, she'd run up along his nose and headknobs. "Your Aerden is strong - a perfect choice," Veena's voice twinkled with subtle praise, "and your Tianxiath," she looked back to Aerden now, "is a solid dragon. Take care of him - and don't be afraid to check after any concerns you may have." The Weyrlingmaster would cover all that as well, of course.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:33 am
Etansi & Quinineth

Just hearing her brother squawk in indignation was enough of a reason for her to realize she had done well. Etansi grinned, rarely getting the upper hand on her brother made it hard to surprise him with anything but when she succeeded it always made it better. There wouldn't be many more chances for her to do just that thing, as she could already feel a wave of thought on such behavior come from her little white as he returned his father's gentle nose boop.

Purples swirled through Quinineth's eyes and he nuzzled first one father and then the next before turning and sitting primly at Etansi's feet. He would have stayed for a bit longer to watch the two siblings, to get a chance to speak to Erastan as he'd wanted to, but Chinanazith sent out a wave of calm relaxation and a request. While the little white wasn't about to be smushed beneath a large pile of any amount of siblings, especially when every single one of them were large by comparison to himself, he did get up and walk over calmly after he re-adjusted his wings so they were in cape-mode again. He got slightly distracted when Alenciath delivered a truly mind numbing head bump to his small head but he fluttered his wings momentarily at her and made as if to chase, only to have her bound away. Which was for the best, he was so small that his short legs wouldn't keep up with her larger ones. Still, he sent a wave of love to his green sister before finally making his way to Chinanazith.

While I may be no sort of snuggler, who am I to ignore the invatation to a small party within a party? Quinineth settled near his blue brother and joy flooded through his eyes and through his connection with Etansi.

Just that sort of feeling nearly knocked Etansi off her feet as she was spun to face her taller twin, her grin glowing out of her face. "Doesn't matter if you aren't happy about it, get to meet Quinineth and shove food in face. You like that." She winked, knowing full well what he was referring to and not taking the bait in any way. She had made her peace with her foolishness and childishness long before this moment and her own dragon was acting as a balm that was buffering her from anything and everything that might send her running. At least this night she wasn't going to think about it at all.

So she returned his hug with gusto and pinched him at his comment on her 'lordling dragon'. "He's the best dragon, just need to get him something fancy for himself."

If she could, she would do that much for him, something fancy to wear. A collar or an extra special harness. She knew she wouldn't earn much in the way of marks as a white rider but he deserved the best.

What made her the happiest at least was that it was evident that Erastan liked Quinineth right out of the gate. That was a great sign.

Sinders Path

demon_pachabel][/quote]

[quote="tatterpixie

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:59 am
Nashwa and Ilaorunth

Ilaorunth thrummed with happiness at the responses from each of her parents, and sent warm waves of pleasure to Rhodonth as well. And you are the picture of elegance, darling! You found yourself quite the handsome one, and he cleans up ever-so well! I don't doubt you'll have him well refined in no time at all.

The run-by boop from Alenciath was answered with a croon, and when her grandfather lowered his head to bestow one upon her as well, she trilled with happiness, rearing up to place her forepaws gently against his snout and nuzzle. I will be back to visit more later, I promise. For her parents and grandmother she could see whenever she liked, but Cordrath's company would be a rare treat. Speaking of grandmothers! Ilaorunth sent a wave of love to Susurinth. Then came Chinanazith's entreaty for a cuddlepile...hmm. It was tempting, but the area around their parents and grandparents was becoming quite crowded with hatchlings, and there wasn't as much attention to go around as she might have liked. Another time, brother dear. I have an appointment to keep!

With more fond boops and nuzzles distributed to all family in the vicinity, the young gold was off to survey the party, and find a certain Candidate. Kadosse, doll, are you here? There are ever so many boys, and so many different kinds! Have you had a chance to talk to the ones I showed you?

Well then. With another smile and another polite dip of her head, Nashwa was off after her dragon. What are you up to now, playing matchmaker?

Well it will be months before you're allowed to have much fun, so if I have to live vicariously in the meantime, so be it.

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

SilverLutz

Hattaki

Samodith

Oh, have you now? A very interested purple whirled into the blue of her gaze, and she practically hummed with curiosity. Perhaps it was the familiar stirring of instinct that would have her taking to the skies before long, but her sister's golden friend had caught her eye, and she couldn't help but be intrigued. Would you? I would be delighted.

Samodith settled herself just so to wait beside Anakumath, and crooned a wordless greeting to Kaloth as he approached to greet their sister. Another day, she might have been a touch offended not to be addressed as well, but she was rather too busy to waste her time on that today.

demon_pachabel

Samuel Carlin

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas