Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:57 pm
"You mentioned you're tied to this place. But don't you feel trapped?" she didn't allow the other mare to respond.

"It's like you're in a cage. It's a very big cage, but you're still in a cage. You seem scared to leave, as if things outside will hurt you, but how do you know if you've never tried? It's probably not going to be like that."

"I think most others are more open minded than me, probably -- and kinder. You say you're staying here out of duty but maybe you're just too..." Yolotl trailed off, trying to find a word that wasn't too offensive, "...shy. You could experience the whole world out there. There are oceans and jungles, there deserts, and mountains. There are places always covered in ice and places that seem like the sun doesn't even ever set, you know -- thousands of treasures, and places, and people. I'm sure there are more soquili out there like you. Isn't it better than being alone?"

Yolotl Word Count: 165

(Nov 30th Mountain Time)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:36 pm
Sepulchre flattened her ears against her head, shrinking away in response. She was accustomed to others running away from her or avoiding her home entirely, but this was new. She lifted her wings like a shield, guarded.

"How would you know?" The words came out more accusatory than she intended and it was a rhetorical question. Frequently, when others felt uncomfortable, they would avoid her -- and sometimes they would attack her. Attacks were rare, but they typically took the form of defensive physical violence, only as long as needed for the other party to flee.

Sepulchre knew, in her heart, that words hurt just as much. She admittedly didn't have too many experiences, but not many of them were good. Again, she felt old wounds, the wounds in her soul, open. Yolotl wasn't the first to act timid and uncomfortable, and then switch to aggression seemingly out of nowhere. But Sepulchre hadn't experienced anything like this -- they were only words, yet they made her feel admonished and attacked.

"How would you know?" Sepulchre repeated, this time somewhat bitterly. She stopped and faced Yolotl, lifting her neck but once again ruffling her wings, giving away her discomfort. Then...

"...You don't look like me." She had difficulty meeting Yolotl's eyes.

Sepulchre Word Count: 210

(Dec 31st 11:36pm Mountain Time)

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:57 pm
"Yes, I know I don't look like you, but I don't exactly look normal, either," Yolotl responded, pointedly giving a dry stare first at Sepulchre and then at the tree growing on her own back. "You see this, right?"

"Maybe if you leave, others will give you a chance. You seem a little sheltered to me but that's not a bad thing. It could be helpful."

"No one has ever run away from me... even though others think I'm strange or uncomfortable. Or they ask uncomfortable questions, such as how one relieves oneself, or..." her face reddened slightly, "...Or indulges in themselves."

Yolotl Word Count: 102

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:58 pm
Do people run away from you too though?" Sepulchre responded, equally as dry. "I'm sure you realize there's a difference between a tree and bones for a face."

She snapped back a little uncharacteristically, "I might be naive, but I'm not stupid, you know..."

Sepulchre Word Count: 44

(Dec 31st 11:58pm Mountain Time)

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

Strifeling
Crew

Indomitable Seraph

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:59 pm
Yolotl winced. It seemed that she had touched a nerve. Sepulchre was right -- they weren't in the same situation. It couldn't be called completely different, but at the very least no one had shown Yolotl prejudice. Sepulchre seemed sensitive to that, and now Yolotl felt a little inconsiderate, but she couldn't stand that this was a pity party now.

Yolotl Word Count: 58

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces