Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Pack] The Swiftfell (The Forest)
[ORP] A Gathering: The Point Convenes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Point make themselves available for fling-breedings with pack females? (Know that any option would NEVER require the owner/wolf to do something they didn't want to!)
  Yes! Even if they are mated. We need more numbers!
  Yes, but only if they are eligible bachelors (i.e. not mated).
  Yes, but only the alpha. The ~burden~ should fall to him.
  Yes, but only when our pack females outnumber our males by more than 2 or 3.
  No, we should focus on recruitment.
View Results

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dusk Owl, for his part, remained serene throughout the majority of the speech, or at least as serene as an old wolf with groupings of whispy, gray-white hairs about his muzzle could be. This wouldn't be the last time their history was recounted for newer members, and while it was a grim past the Swiftfell carried with them, it had to be known. When Thrush referred to him and they met eyes, he simply gave a small nod and shifted a bit in his seat; his hip had begun to ache again, damn thing.

He blinked owlishly at the announcement of a new mate, but the elder smiled and his tail thumped nonetheless as he surveyed the reaction in the crowd with a glance. Dusk Owl...was not the most romantically literate creature in Kells, smart as he was otherwise, but his feelings on the matter were simple: if it made the majority of parties involved happy, then there was nothing to fuss about in the end, complicated as the situation might have been coming from. What made him get a sinking feeling in his stomach, however, was when Thrush went on to offer himself as a means to increase their numbers outside of Magpie. Because if the alpha was willing to speak about it to the pack at large, then...

He met eyes with Thrush once more, and then with Willow Bark. His message was clear.

Oh dear. Ah. Well. Let me handle this.

"I would," Dusk Owl began before breaking into a small coughing fit. Maybe it was the surprise, maybe it was the winter air seeping past the bear pelt. He tried to recompose himself before addressing the pack again, and he felt at least a part of them bracing themselves. The elder was known to be lengthy when it came to his speeches. "I would first like to say a congratulations to both Magpie and Thrush for finding happiness in the new land. Birds of a feather coming to roost, one might say."

He looked pleased with himself. Someone groaned.

"For those of you who are newer, I am the elder Dusk Owl, also called healer. If you would humor an old wolf too long in the tooth as it is, I would say my piece...

"There has been a necessary pragmatism underlying our decisions as of late. A need to scout the old land, aware of its possible dangers. A need to find new lands to occupy, whatever shape it takes. And now, as you have heard, a need to replenish the numbers our flock once had."
Dusk Owl couldn't find himself able to move from his spot and walk among them as Thrush had, and so his head swiveled as he spoke, both to project himself better and to look wolves (and hare) in the eyes. "I am no stranger to decisions like these. Ask any healer: there are circumstances in which you must set your jaw and do what must be done, however painful it may be.

"Those of you not born into the pack must understand that our current rules in this matter--that a run-in with a stranger is acceptable for the creation of new life-- are not our normal way. The Swiftfell did not consort with outsiders for children; we had the luxury of numbers then, as Thrush said. As you can clearly see now, between the number of members here today and the knowledge that at least half of them are related to either Willow Bark or Thrush,"
he chuckled, "it was necessary to relax our policy regarding breeding for fear of losing track of family lines as they knotted up. It is not our way to consort as such beyond our own, but we must do what must be done.

"Bearing that in mind..."
Another pang went up his leg, and Dusk Owl winced as he turned to sit on his other one. "I would like to then say this: the decision to open the Point to, ah, be available to multiple partners is one more decision derived from pragmatism. A reasonable idea, given our circumstances. But one, however, that I believe should not be foisted upon my compatriots who have found themselves love. Perhaps I am old-fashioned and speaking from the heart rather than the head for once, but we are not a pack isolated in the mountains. I caution against acting as if we are our only source of trust over new blood--not while we are still adjusting. There are wonderful wolves waiting just beyond our new borders, should we choose to explore and scout them. We do what must be done, yes, but we have not been driven to the extreme just yet. Ours is a body that can be healed with time."

He cleared his throat. "On that note, well. I am, technically speaking, a bachelor, with no additional relationships as Thrush or Willow Bark would have." Dusk Owl was no stranger to talking about himself--except in this manner. He gave a small laugh at his sudden self-consciousness and shook his head. "I am not a typical one to be sure. My age and my health condition are marks against me, yes. I have a strong suspicion that what ails my hip is congenital rather than occupational as I had hoped, and I would rather not risk passing that onto a new generation. Still, I must do my duty to the pack if asked so long as I am able.

"But I would also encourage the spirit of trust--of giving outsiders the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise--insofar as your individual judgements of characters go. A bird does not stay in the nest for its whole life. It must one day learn to take that leap of faith and learn to fly into the unknown."

And with that, the old wolf settled into his bearskin coat.

xIn Good Faith

xRuler of Everything

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magpie | Caretaker | With Gill and Minnow

Soon enough, Thrush cleared his throat and, by making eye contact with each of the gathered wolves in turn, garnered their attention. Maggie was worried about how the rest of the pack would take what the Point needed to convene on now, but she was hopeful they would understand.

A firm smile headed her way as Thrush announced that he was taking Magpie as his mate. She smiled back, eyes shining and stomach fluttering. It had taken years to get to this point, but it was absolutely worth it. He made all the struggles and missed communications pay off in a big way. Unfortunately, the next comment out of his mouth was about opening himself up as a stud for anyone who would like to produce more children than just she and Thrush could manage. Although, they could get lucky with huge litter sizes, but they still needed to do what was best for the pack. When he had approached her about it, it was obvious he was a bundle of nerves. But she had immediately seen the positives of the situation and quickly agreed that this may be the best course of action.

Unfortunately, however, Magpie caught Minnow's eye and wondered if she had known this was coming. Had her and Willow had a chance to discuss things? If so, what did they decide? She certainly couldn't envision Minnow being comfortable with something like that, but she did tend to surprise folks when they least expected it. She wondered what was going through her friend's head.

Following Thrush's address, Dusk Owl started his own speech, devolving into a coughing fit that made Magpie wince. Dusk Owl, their resident Elder, wasn't that old - sure, he had some gray hairs and health problems that came with age, but he truly wasn't as old as he sometimes seemed. He just felt... a little brittle sometimes, and that worried Maggie. Having grown up around Dusk Owl, he was dear to her, as he was to many in the pack. Therefore, she couldn't help but worry for him.

His speech was long and intent, rightfully making the point to those new to the pack that this was not the normal way of the Flock, but something of a necessity to strengthen their numbers. She did find herself surprised when he cleared his throat and asserted himself as an eligible bachelor, ready to help put forth more blood into the pack. Coming to a close, he sank back, his body overtaken by the large bearskin coat that often adorned him.

Next, was Willow. Magpie stole a glance his way, attempting to meet his gaze, but he was nervously looking about the crowd and giving reassuring half-smiles to Minnow.

Nymphiea

Ghost Whisper | Protector | Speaking with Huck and Hawkflight

Whatever she had been expecting, it certainly wasn't that. Huck had been very, very right: things at this convening were getting quite interesting very quickly. When he made a "told ya so" comment she nodded and looked over at him, whispering, "I doubt my father will partake, Minnow would be stricken."

The climate in the crowd had changed, even visibly. Wolves were shifting in their seats and on their paws, whispers working their way throughout the gathered wolves. Some were quite obviously shocked at the development: Thrush had a mate and was opening himself up for pups with others? Were they really in dire straights? Ghost glanced at her father, who looked uncomfortable, watching carefully as Thrush spoke.

Soon, Dusk Owl addressed those crowded around him. He was diplomatic and engaging, as per usual, even though it was obvious that his health was bothering him. She stood stoic throughout the whole speech, nodding faux-sagely as he continued on, ending with a note about the importance of trusting those who come into the pack as fresh blood - something that Ghost Whisper appreciated, as a former rogue herself. Next, it was Willow's turn to speak. Ghost Whisper was... nervous, she supposed. Nervous for Minnow. She couldn't quite see Minnow's face from where she was sitting, so it was hard to gauge whether or not her and Willow had spoken about this before, but she certainly hoped the two had had the chance to converse about this monumental decision.

medigel

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:44 am

Willow Bark | Beta | Addressing the pack

Damn. Between Thrush’s powerful anecdote retelling the tale of the Great Waste and Dusk Owl’s poignant commentary on trusting outsiders, Willow Bark found he had quite the pawsteps to fill with his own address.

Clearing his throat, he stepped forward, stance wide as he spoke to those gathered. “I, too, would like to congratulate Thrush and Maggie on… finding one another.” He smiled despite the serious tone of the meeting, nodding to each wolf in turn at his commendation. They had had an on-and-off flirtation for forever, it seemed, so it was about damn time that they got together together.

Truthfully, Willow was quite shocked to hear that Magpie had agreed to Thrush stepping outside of their coupling. She had always been weird about her relationship to the alpha, so he figured she’d lay a heavy claim to him now that he was hers, but on the other hand it was… quite diplomatic of her to agree to it. Ever since he could remember, his younger sister had been willing to do whatever was needed for the good of the pack. Of course, he shouldn’t be surprised to see that sentiment continue as she matured into the fine adult she was today.

As both Thrush and Dusk Owl have mentioned, these are hard times. The pack is thriving, yes, but we are not growing in a sustainable manner. And our dear elder is right: we need to be more open and accepting to those outside of the pack, and double recruitment efforts to bring in new blood. The Great Waste, traumatic as it was, is a key part of our history that we must never forget, and that we will spend many, many moons recovering from. It is not easy, but it is hard work that the entire flock must endure.

Willow Bark’s gaze swept the crowd, noting that those gathered had started to quiet down once more. He could only imagine the gossip that was going to fill the pack when the convening broke off - those who hadn’t attended were in for quite the treat.

Continuing on, Willow spoke with more authority in his voice now. “In terms of repopulating the pack, I will not be following in Thrush’s pawsteps. I have decided that it is in the best interest for my family to keep to ourselves. That being said… now that our first litter is grown and active within the pack, we feel it’s time to try again. So keep your eyes out for more trouble - hopefully soon.

Willow realized he was a little more casual in tone and speech than his predecessors, which he was almost insecure about, but he wasn’t insecure - just not eloquent, and a bit uncomfortable with what was going down, but that was the burden of being a part of the Point. Clearing his throat once more, he said, “I commend both Thrush and Dusk Owl on their willingness to go above and beyond for the pack, and hope that my own efforts with Minnow will be sufficient. Although, as Dusk Owl mentioned, half the pack seems to be related to me at this point.” He laughed, catching Dusk Owl’s fiery eyes. Though he was getting old and seemed to be getting sicker, their elder was an absolute tour de force. Willow really admired the wolf, and was thankful for his guidance on things such as these, though he knew bearing the winter was tough on his aching bones.

I am happy to discuss this with anyone who has questions. I know this period of change after everything that we have been through together has been tough. But you must know that we - your Point - are doing our best to maintain a happy, healthy, and thriving pack. We have been granted a second chance at living as a unit - it is our duty to ensure that we rise back up, together.

Willow’s gaze cast across the crowd once more before he stepped back, lowering himself onto his haunches and nodded at Thrush and Dusk Owl. He wasn’t sure who was next up to speak, but he had the inkling that someone in the crowd might have a thing or five to say about the conditions, laid out as they were. He wasn’t looking forward to it, but then being beta had never been easy. It was almost as tough of a job as fatherhood, he had found out. But both were incredibly rewarding, and something he wouldn’t give up for the rest of the world.

Glancing back out at the gathered wolves, Willow quirked an eyebrow, curious as to who would speak up first.

medigel

In Good Faith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:11 pm
xRuler of Everything

xInGoodFaith

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dusk Owl's rambling made him want to shut his eyes and see if he could sneak a nap in--was the old fart going to die on them in the middle of talking?--but Willow Bark's piece made Huck snicker at one point under his breath. Hard work, he said. Heh.

"They got a love story too sappy for the bees to handle," he agreed with Ghost Whisper. "Or the birds. Yuck."

Often at a meeting there was that awkward pause when the floor was opened for comments and questions before some brave soul ventured first. And dear, sweet Huckleberry Horizon would be that brave soul, because he was benevolent like that and had been holding his tongue ever so politely anyway until the proper time. He moved to his paws and cleared his throat importantly.

"Packmates, Point, Dad--I'd just like to say that it's incredibly generous of you to help out the lovely ladies of the flock like that," Huck said, his smile somewhere between congenial and vulpine as ever. "As the firstborn son of the alpha, it's only fair I try to take up some responsibility as well, right? Now, whether it's with breeding here or, well," he casually went on, "maybe allowing me to move beyond the borders and scout out potential members, to name a few options, it's your decision. But you're absolutely right: we should all be trying to contribute in our own way."

medigel

Anxious Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 pm
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Minnow had listened. Listened as well as any proud and good pack member ought to. Her heart swelled with the story of Swiftfell; they had grown past trying times and built a life out of ruin itself. It was beautiful and tragic all at once, and for a moment Minnow felt closer to her home. She may have not been born within their borders, but Minnow was once again, for the hundredth time, glad she had found them. It only cemented her decision of where to come home.

Thrush announced his newest addition into his life in the form of a mate and Minnow beamed, tail wagging in a quiet congratulations. She was happy for him, of course, but her joy was directed more at Magpie, who she felt closer to. Love was blossoming finally for those two and she felt her heart ache in happiness for them. It was really all Minnow wanted for her pack friends; for them to find love and happiness. Her mood was, instead, cut short as Thrush continued speaking.

And then she felt the ground under her spin.

She had certainly not been informed of this question, and it showed. Her eyes bore through Thrush as her heart pounded, ears slowly flattening as Thrush stepped aside and Dusk Owl spoke. He was almost convincing, in a way. They both were, and her heart dropped to her stomach as she began to piece together what was happening. They were asking -- no, pleading their cases, and they sounded fairly logical. What would Willow Bark think in that moment? For a second her face contorted into frustration; she didn't like being faced with such a loaded and upsetting request without time to privately discuss with her mate. And yet, did they need to? Willow Bark had to know her stance.

Dread overcame her as she shifted upright, her ears flattened and mouth dry. No, she didn't want to make that sacrifice. She understood the need and request, but... no. Panic, a feeling she hadn't felt since the days she had been alone, swirled and erupted through her as Willow Bark approached to speak. No, she wouldn't. She couldn't.

Yet, somehow, through it all, Willow Bark reminded her why he was her perfect someone. His words ran over her like a comforting stream, washing away the fear and filling her with security and safety. 'In terms of repopulating the pack, I will not be following in Thrush’s pawsteps', she could cry right then and there, honestly. Her ears flicked back up, her chest exhaled a heavy sigh of relief, and warmth reached her cheeks as, again, she saw the man she loved in a new light.

"Yes," she breathed softly, the panic she had felt not reaching her voice as instead she exuded a confidence that had been restored by her mate's words. "We will do our best to contribute forth more to the pack. We've already discussed if another litter happens, and now I feel it is as good as a time to try for them again."

Ruler of Everything

In Good Faith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 pm
      User Image It made sense, really, when Thrush announced Magpie as his mate. It made sense and yet a foul taste filtered into her mouth. Magpie was... wonderful. Kind, even, but Bird was not one to relent easy. Her father was the Alpha, and furthermore he was her father. Bird wanted the best for him, in whatever capacity that was, and so she'd reserve her judgement until she felt Magpie had proven he had made the right choice. It was harsh, perhaps even cruel, but Bird wasn't one to pretend.

And then the next part of the announcement came and she felt something tighten in her chest. More puppies? More from her father? Would they be better than her? Stronger than her? More fit to be an Alpha's child than she was? She already struggled with her own self worth compared to her siblings, who she felt were far superior to her at times. Yet, it was selfish, and she knew Thrush was right. They needed more numbers, and thus she needed to swallow her own fears.

However, the idea of her own puppies felt sour. She wasn't ready, or maybe she never would be. She frankly didn't have time for puppies. She was busy protecting the pack and improving herself. How could she do that with a swollen belly or crying mouths? She couldn't, and she wouldn't.

"I agree with Huck," she found herself saying, surprising even herself. "I would like to also venture out and find new members. Even if we breed with one another we will still find ourselves mostly related. We need new blood; entirely new blood. And the training would do me well."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Maple felt her mouth tighten as the conversation went, and for a second she had felt true anger when she spotted her mother's distress. Not at her, no, but instead at the cause of it; Thrush. He was her Alpha and the father of her best friend, yet her loyalty knew no end. Relief sprang through her the moment her father stood up and spoke. Of course that was his answer, how could she doubt it?

Her anger steered into confusion as the realization she was a part of the solution came to a head. She was an adult female, and while young she was viable for children. This burden laid on her, too, didn't it? Her stomach twisted, eyes flicking to Bird as she spoke. No, she wasn't ready for children either. Maple wasn't even sure she was down with the whole pack ordeal as a whole, really, and now this? She had never been one to follow authority, and now she felt the urge to just leave.

That was dumb, though, wasn't it? She'd leave behind Ghost Whisper, who she admired, and her best friend Bird. She'd abandon her parents and her siblings. She'd lose it all, and Maple felt true fear at that thought. Where did she belong, then? Was it here? Was it outside?

It certainly wasn't as a mother. Especially not now, when she still found herself (against her wishes) looking to her own mother for guidance. The little rebel in her suddenly felt so small, and Maple hated it.

So, she didn't answer. Instead she got up and walked away, slinking out of the meeting before Bird or her mother could protest. She needed to process what had just been said and... honestly? Her own feelings.

Maple has left!

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:25 pm
User Image
Halycon | Protector | with Bird and Hazel

When her father began to speak, Halcyon felt her posture straighten and attention narrow with anticipation. Her father was good at public speaking and she had spent many a times picking out what about his style that she appreciated most so that she could emulate it. He bagan rather stilted, but quickly fell into a fluid motion she couldn't help but appreciate. He had held her strict attention in all that he spoke up, especially in the histories she was not present for, until... Magpie.

Well, she wasn't surprised. Her immediate reaction certainly wasn't shock, like it appeared to be for some. It was more like resignation, a settling of her nerves that finally held a conclusion. It was almost a relief to not wonder at it anymore. She was waiting for some lovey-dovey announcements to follow, like a commitment ceremony or something. But what came next did send a shock through her.

Her mouth opened is horror and confusion, a quite visible reaction that took her a few moments to correct. As quickly as she could grasp control, she shut her mouth which had dropped open, and looked about the pack to gauge their response. It was certainly mixed: excited or agitated, depending on which side your opinion fell. She wasn't sure what she felt in that moment, but perhaps both.

Recovering, she only vaguely noticed Maple leaving the meeting and felt a pang at her absence. She did not want her father to be the cause to lose strong, young members. Hal then processed what Bird had said, coming into focus all at once. All the sister could manage to say was a quiet, "yeah..." despite having not had listened to a word her brother had said (it was her natural inclination to do so).

Nymphiea

medigel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Sambar | Healer | Available

Poor Sam, standing alone and off to the side. He was surprised, of course, but at the same time... it made sense. The brown wolf tilted his head to the left, considering. This was a pack, and the nature of a pack is cooperation and sharing. An alpha was supposed to be the strongest amongst us, and a strong father would most likely create strong children. Thrush himself had said he survived the Great Waste...

He found himself nodding along to Dusk Owl, even more in agreement with this course of conduct, his little tail thumping lightly. It was very reassuring that his new superior seemed so wise and able to communicate. He made him all the more excited to begin as a healer.

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:12 pm

Thrush | Alpha | Addressing the Pack

The initial reaction of the pack was to be expected: shock, whispers, frantic glances and wolves shifting in their seats. He didn't focus his attention on one wolf over another, but held his breath for either the Elder or Beta to step in next.

Then Thrush was once against thankful for Old Dusk. The aged wolf was able to convey the intent of the alpha in a much less clinical manner, and more in line with the culture of the pack. He didn't allow his relief to show in his posture, but made sure to show his gratitude in his expression aimed at the Elder. He then found himself trying not to laugh, literally out loud at the thought of a young female propositioning Dusk to sire her puppies; especially after seeing the exaggerated tale-tell signs of just how old Dusk really was. In fact, Thrush couldn't help put have a skeptical, "yeah right" look about his face as the wolf finished.

medigel

Then came Willow. The alpha had been very uneasy at what his beta had to consider in this announcement and how he would come to arrive at his decision. He, Thrush, still could not bring himself to look in the direction of Minnow who he hated to see also put through this decision. But it had to be asked, and he was sure of that.

And with that, Thrush was satisfied with everything Willow had to say. He and Minnow were doing everything they could to produce their own miniature pack within Swiftfell, and were damn good at it. He was also a more approachable leader and Thrush was eternally grateful his best friend was willing to fill the role as his right hand man.

Ruler of Everything

It was then that a new voice spoke louder than the others. Thrush realized a sinking feeling, it was his son... the alpha took on an expression that was both grim and stern, which only increased when it became clear Huck was going to treat this as an opportunity to take attention away from important issues in order to focus it on himself. At the conclusion of his, thankfully short, speech, Thrush was able to interject with a commanding tone. "Thank you, Huck. You may have a seat."

medigel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:17 pm

Ghost Whisper | Protector | Speaking with Huck and Hawkflight

Ghost snickered at Huck’s disgust, directed at Willow and Minnow. They were pretty overwhelming, constantly in this gooey state of love. But she adored it. Minnow was a wonderful complement to her father, softening his few rough edges. It even showed, she noticed, in the more casual tone he took when speaking. He felt… comfortable.

When she saw Huck rise, she knew what was going to happen — and had to consciously stop herself from groaning. Of course he was going to be the first to jump in — but then, his words did make sense. He was Thrush’s son, and the eldest at that, so he should take on more responsibility than the average flock member, right? He continued on, suggesting he should get to move beyond pack borders. It was a bold move, and she immediately glanced at Willow to see his expression, but he remained without one. Almost speaking over his son, Thrush shut Huck down, telling him to have a seat. She fought a snicker, watching the faces of the others gathered in response.

After Huck, Minnow, her face clearly surprised and overjoyed at Willow’s words (he really hadn’t told her?), decided to reply. A quick and confident statement affirming what he had said about their next litter. Oh, Ghost couldn’t wait. She loved her half-siblings dearly, but they were even more fun when they were just pups. Having more of those around would be nice.

Bird then spoke, agreeing with her brother, before out of the corner of her eye Ghost Whisper noticed Maple get up and leave in a hurry. What could be going on there? She was a curious wolf, indeed, and Ghost felt a small tug at her heart out of worry.

Distracting herself, she turned back to Huck and squinted at him. “What do you want with the land outside the pack? I can tell you, from experience… ehh.” A former rogue, she knew that roguehood was tough and gritty and, while she appreciated the fighter that it made her, she would really rather not have to worry about her safety at a constant. That’s how it felt, anyway — after one attack, she had become paranoid. Always concerned with what was hiding behind the next tree. Almost perceptively shaking her head, she blinked and turned to Huck, awaiting his response.

medigel

Magpie | Caretaker | With Gill and Minnow

All Maggie cared about was Minnow. She could feel the tense aura radiating off of her dear friend’s body, nervous and waiting after Thrush’s words. Magpie’s ears twitched, attempting to hear whether or not Minnow was actually, actively breathing, she seemed to be so off-kilter. And then, just like that she breathed out and let go of all the intense and terrifying worry that had built up in her body in the moments between the two speeches. Maggie’s tail wagged, happy when the she-wolf addressed the pack to affirm that her and Willow were planning on another litter. Oh, that would be so lovely — although, personally she’d rather herself get a swollen belly first, she wished all the best for Minnow and her brother.

I’m so excited for you two!” Maggie said, leaning over to Minnow with a huge smile on her face.

Nymphiea

Willow Bark | Beta | With Thrush and Dusk Owl

Naturally, rather quickly after Willow had stopped speaking, Huck stood up and cleared his throat self-importantly before launching into his own little speech, declaring that he, too, should hold responsibility for repopulating the pack and, while he was at it, should get to explore past the pack’s borders to recruit. It took every ounce of resolve in his body not to physically react to Huck’s suggestion, but he managed to remain weirdly expressionless. Quickly, Thrush interjected, telling his son firmly to have a seat. Willow continued to remain mostly stoic, except for an eyebrow quirk at Thrush’s stern response. He glanced at Willow before turning his gaze to the rest of the assembled, waiting to see if anyone else had something to say.

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:30 pm
Ruler of Everything

InGoodFaith

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Huck was surprised to find that a part of him managed to be hurt at his father's response; he had been pretty sure that area of his heart had died off a while back. Had he been the best behaved? Hardly. Did he lie? Sure, but everyone did at some point. Was he wont to attempt escape even when he knew it was against the rules? Yeah, but could he really be blamed when nothing ever happened at home, when literally half the pack was his family by some line or another? But in any case, Huckleberry Horizon had never been malicious. Lazy, conniving, self-centered, nosy...but never intending actual harm to someone.

It was then that the male realized that he had actually, earnestly wanted to do something that didn't immediately seem suspicious or second-guessed, and this had been his best chance to do it--and then he had reaped what he sowed. GRANTED, it was also a selfish request, and he didn't deny it, but...It was tiring being looked at the way he was all the time. While Huck usually reveled in it, wore those eye rolls and stern glances like a royal cloak as he gamboled on the edge of what was acceptable, the lack of trust gnawed at him more than he cared to admit. Being forced to confront it now was actually kind of embarrassing. Only those that really knew him or were close enough to catch the way his hackles briefly stiffened and his smirk dropped a fraction could guess at his reaction.

One ear flicked towards Ghost Whisper to acknowledge that he had heard her, but Huck continued to look towards his father as he spoke. "I think I'll do you a service and leave, actually," he said, his smile belying his frustration. "If you don't mind, I think someone should check in with Maple after your astoundingly tone deaf announcement. Assuming you trust me enough to at least do that."

He didn't wait for an answer. And he definitely didn't want to see Thrush grant Bird the same terms he had asked for without so much as a blink.

In an undertone to Ghost Whisper, Huck said, "I'll find you later and we can chat, yeah?" And then the son of the alpha turned and left.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:43 pm
Nympheia

In Good Faith

Hazel was a rollercoaster of emotions: happy to see Thrush and Magpie were now mates, shocked and terrified and panicking at the mere idea of her father being with anyone other than Minnow, sheer relief that he had chosen against it (her reaction had been an audible sigh of "oh thank the spirits" while leaning against Halcyon, Bird, and Maple), and now...Uh...Whatever the heck was left behind with Huck's and her sister's departures.

Hazel had never had a doubt she wanted to be like her mother: in a perfect fairytale romance with her own mate, with three thousand children running around singing the songs she had taught them, maybe even dancing or making up their own. It never occurred to her that her other siblings might have other ideas; after all, she caught Hoot and that new girl she had brought in as a pup hanging out more often, and that had cemented it in the bard's heart that she was meant to bring wolves together in harmony. Maple leaving without so much as a word like that...She wanted to get up and leave, but her legs disobeyed. It was cozy in the gaggle of girls, and she wasn't sure her sister wanted to be bothered right at that moment.

This was not the most conducive atmosphere for her news at any rate.

"Um..." Hazel cleared her throat awkwardly. "Not that it's related to any've that stuff The Point was talking about, but I got invited to this celebration another new pack is having. They're by the Bluestone, called, uh...Elves? No, wait, Murkwood Court," she corrected herself quickly. "I'll be out for an evening, if that's cool."

medigel

Anxious Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:01 pm
      User Image Bird snapped her head to look at Huck as he left, ears folding. For once she felt... frustrated, with her father. She had been ignored, essentially, and now she felt pressure building in her chest. He wanted new blood, and if he wanted it then it would be so. She had always followed his requests eagerly, but the dismissal of hers and Huck's request stung. She shifted in her seat, adjusting her focus on anything but her father. The feeling was new, honestly, and Bird hadn't ever considered a time she didn't agree with her father.

It sucked, honestly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:07 pm
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tension was building, and Minnow hadn't been able to ignore the newer generations responses. Her legs froze as she almost moved to follow her daughter out of impulse, yet she couldn't. Not now, when she needed to be present for the meeting. She was, after all, the mate of the Beta, and while she was normally carefree in her actions she wasn't naive. She knew the weight of her role. Relief flooded her as Huck ran off, mentioning Maple. Good, someone Maple's own age would be good.

Her eyes carried to the other children of Thrush, carefully keeping her face as neutral as possible. Oh dear, that didn't look good. Even Bird, the one most likely to be behind her father through thick and thin, looked dejected. Minnow almost wanted to bring back up Bird's point but instead found her mouth clamp shut as she glanced at Willow.

Luckily for her someone broke the tension in her chest. Magpie delighted in Minnow and Willow's news and Minnow found a smile touching her features, shoulder pressing into her friend.

"Thank you! I'm excited for you, too," she cooed softly, careful to not be too loud. "I hope our efforts prove fruitfull soon! And what of you? What exciting news! Congratulations!" She nuzzled Magpie's cheek, tail wagging for her newly mated friend.

Ruler of Everything

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Thrush | Alpha | Speaking to Hazel

Thrush's only reaction to his son's parting comment was to purse his lips firmer, but otherwise behave as if he had not spoken. He was only marginally relieved the boy seemed to be on his way out of the gathering, and with that thought, the alpha looked to find his two daughters. He found them quickly, with Willow's and Minnow's daughter Hazel. He wanted to go with them, to speak to them, but his position prevented him. There was still much else that he needed to speak to Dusk Owl and Willow Bark on. He hoped his look of affection and apology which he tried to convey through his expression was sufficient for the time being.

Nymphiea

medigel

It was then that Thrush heard Hazel speak and actually hear her words. Immediately his posture shifted from open, to narrowed on the young wolf. "You're leaving pack territory? Alone?" The alpha looked to Willow Bark, Hazel's father, with a mixture of question and accusation. He had to think back on what was Hazel's rank within the pack. Hunter. So she wasn't untrained in the idea of stealth and defense... but he was clearly unhappy with this idea. At the same time, it wasn't pack law that members were forbidden to interact with other wolves. With that thought, Thrush asked with suspicion, "and who invited you?"

Nymphiea

RuIerr

[Pack] The Swiftfell (The Forest)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas