Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[IC EGG BETTING] Make it Quick, Please. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:54 pm
Niika seemed much less charmed to be greeted than Nyara was to greet her, but she put on her best not-standoffish face and quietly sorted through her pockets for her notes. Sure, she'd written them down back in her room, but the idea of losing them would have made her personally faint. "Are those individual bets or you require all of that to happen?" she inquired - some people wanted to make several, some people wanted it all lumped together.

Ruunan would be met with a similar inquiry - "Together or seperate?" She wouldn't counter until she knew if she was countering large, dramatic bets or several small ones.

Sweet Symmetry

Niika is clarifying if these are 2 bets or like 8 between them haha.

Also I want to clarify if the 'More girls than boys' bet refers to only PC eggs or any NPC amounts as well?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:38 pm
Many would say Kinye was the last person to be trusted with her own marks, and in truth - she absolutely was. Yet she'd been determined to make a bet and somehow had not been swindled or guilted out f that which was hers. At least, not for the amount of time it took for her to firm up her mind, and head into the dining cavern.

Niika had half-acknowledged that Kinyegele was there was the young candidate made her way in, and had also prepared herself to potentially have to drop what she was doing to write down another note. Still, it irked her slightly when the girl approached, shuffling her feet awkwardly. "Um....oh, sorry. Are you doing something right now? I can come back later...Or I can help!" Kinye chewed at her lower lip, and Niika sighed, nodding to a tray. "Help me carry that back into the kitchen......Oh, remind me-" Niika nodded to the girl and she offered a smile as she retrieved the tray and followed after the woman. "It's Kinye! And you're Niika, right? People talk about you," she'd meant it in terms of the bet...

But Niika couldn't help but take it as the woman who aged out and then pushed everybody else away. At least her frown was away from the girl.

Once the trays Niika was carrying, and the one Kinye had helpfully grabbed, were set down in the kitchen, Niika sorted through her pockets for her betting notes. "Here to bet on the upcoming clutches?" She was answered with a meek nod. "Alright. What are you thinking on?"

Kinye rubbed the top of one of her feet against the back of the opposite leg, fussing at the braid over her shoulder nervously. "I....I think..um..." Oh, she was so certain about this, but...."I bet the blue egg with the white marking in the front will impress someone who has been a Candidate for a long time!...Or even has aged out!" oh! She said it! Niika looked up from her notes, brows raising. "Oh?" Kinye nodded. "Yeah. I think...I think it will want someone who has waited for it. I don't know. Maybe. I hope so." Niika jotted the note down...then scribbled a mark to denote it as a significant bet.

"Let's both hope for that then. That...would be nice," and maybe, it was just because Niika was very biased.

Kinyegele has bet that Someday My Prince Will Come will impress to an aged out or a long-standing candidate!

Niika has made no counter bet.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:16 pm
Jeri was an exuberant person anyway, but today she was extra bouncy and happy. She strolled into the kitchen like a colorful whirlwind, humming to herself and dipping her fingers in this delicious-looking thing or that one, looking for Niike. She'd heard the woman was taking bets for the upcoming double clutch, and as was her tradition, she wanted to play too.

"Niike!" she beamed brightly when she finally spotted her. "A little wherry told me you were making wagers on Fianth's and Rhianth's clutches! And you know me, can't resist a bet!"

She danced up to her and stopped, clearing her throat dramatically. "I would like to bet that I will finally FINALLY Impress this time. From Fianth's clutch. I got me a really good feeling about this one," she said, turning a little serious. "A really positive feeling. I don't know what color, I just KNOW I'm gonna do it this time!"

Jeri bets that she will finally Impress, from Fianth's clutch.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:52 pm
And with just a look at Jeri, Niika was exhausted. "Don't put your fingers in things not meant for you," she stated firmly. If Jeri didn't make it, it wasn't her place to disrupt it and possibly make it get thrown out because dirty chore hands. Hmmph.

"Yes, I am tracking bets," she confirmed, and without even letting Jeri finish her thoughts, Niika was already sorting through her pockets to look for the notes she'd been keeping. Fortunately, she had it in hand in time to get Jeri's thoughts jotted down.

A dragon from Fianth's, hmm?

"Very well, if you impress from Rhianth's clutch, I win." either way, Jeri was the real winner, wasn't she?

Niika counters that Jeri will impress from Rhianth's clutch.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:51 am
demon_pachabel

Nyara wants to combine all of her bets into one super-bet.

Ruunan is far more reasonable and opts for individual bets. The gender-bets are PC-only. <3

There was… the possibility of combining all of her bets? Oh. My. Faranth. Yes. Her smile grew wider, her eyes brighter at the thought of turning triumphant. “Can we do that? Yes- I would love to put all of my bets together.”

Ruunan cast his sister a sideways look of doubt, and shook his head slightly. She was a strange woman, that one. To Niika, he said, "could my bets be separate, please?”  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:43 am
Niika gave Nyara a sympathetic look. "Very well. If any of that doesn't happen I win," she stated firmly.

As for Ruunan...."In order: The first egg to impress will be a green from Rhianth's clutch. The second bet is a bit rigged on statistics - on average half of clutches are usually greens, after all. So I'll bet we'll have more unusual female riders this time than usual - at least 3 on blues or browns. And....." Niika gave Nyara a long look at the last bet. Hmm.

"A green, rather than a blue, from Rhianth's."

Sweet Symmetry

Niika has no counterbet for Nyara - just that one of those things won't have to happen for her to win.

Niika has countered:
First impression goes to a Green from Rhianth's clutch.
We'll have more unusual lady impressions - at least 3 on a blue or a brown (I cannot make a bet based on PC numbers of gender ratio since I know them as a staff member and it could be considered I cheated if I do.)
Nyara will impress a Green, rather than a Blue, from Rhianth's.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:22 pm
Ryah had heard whispers of the firelizard breeder taking bets, and as a dragonrider at the Weyr, naturally she felt inclined to participate. And why not? She was not betting doom and gloom -- just what she hoped. Finding the bet-coordinator in question hadn't taken long, and when she did, Ryah knew exactly what she was hoping for.

"Niika," she said, doubling her strides to catch up. The name had made it to her ears too, it seemed. "I had a wager for you. For this double clutch, I think more female riders will Impress overall, including at least two girls matching with a dragon that typically matches to a male." You know, kind of like Ryah and her blue. "What do you say?"

Ryah bets that more (PC) girls will Impress overall, and that at least two of those girls will match to an unconventional color.

demon_pachabel
You just had a counter bet around unconventional colors so let me know if this is okay.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:33 pm
Niika took a moment to consider the numbers put into place by Ryah's bet, then quietly considered what the candidate numbers had looked like the last she'd checked them over. After a moment, she pulled out Shalaera's notes (where on earth was she? Clearly the actual owner of these eggs should have been handling this entire affair by now) to see if she had any specific input on these sorts of bets as well.

Hmmmm.

"Very well. I bet that we will see more boys on greens than girls," really it was a bit more specific than she could have been about it all, but it wasn't an impossible bet either. Even if greens did tend to favor the ladies.

Niika bets that more than half of the PC green impressions will be to boys.

Akina Tokuwa
Yep! This is fine! I know 0 things about the impressions right now so bets based around those odds are fine!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm
With a sharp nod, Ryah reached out to seal it with a handshake. "Sounds like a wager to me," she said, smiling. Clearly, the bluerider believed in Lady Power coming to High Reaches in full force.

demon_pachabel
Thanks, this is fun!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:39 pm
Niika took the offered hand, though she couldn't bring herself to force a smile. It just gave her a sort of grim and mute look, though there was no shrinking behind her grip as she offered a nod instead.

Akina Tokuwa
There's also OOC betting in the contest subforum ;P <3

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:46 pm
Fisher wasn't much of a betting type but she always was the sort who was always curious about what was going on and if prizes were to be earned. She did like winning things after all, and if she could do that without too much effort it was well worth it.

"...so how you do this sorta stuff? I tell you what I'm thinkin', or?"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:50 pm
"Hmm? Well, you decide what you think would be the most likely or most fantastic thing you'd enjoy to see happen and I counter with what I think is more likely. If one of us is right, we win. If we're both right, we both lose. If neither of us are right, we also lose."

That seemed like a straightforward way to explain everything, right?

"For example, I could guess that....a certain egg is a green and you could say it will impress to a girl - it could be both a green and impress to a girl. Or it could be a green and impress to a boy and I lose."

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:55 pm
........it did sound easy enough, and Fisher scratched at her chin as she thought about what she wanted to bet.

"Then.....I bet if there're any golds in this clutch, they ain't goin' to any high reaches candidates They're gonna go to girls outside this place." Was that too vague, or should she specify more? Fisher figured it was pretty straight forward.

Fisher has bet that any golds in the clutch(es) will not Impress to a High Reaches candidate

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:59 pm
Niika nodded understandingly. "So to either a Western Girl or a Stands Impression," she noted, mostly so if Fisher didn't think the Stands Impressions counted she could change her mind. As for her counter....hmmmmm.

"I think we'll see more metallics impress to candidates from Western than High Reaches," she'd made that bet already, but there was no reason she couldn't repeat it!

Niika bets that more than half of any bronzes and golds will go to Western Candidates!

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:10 pm
"Yeah also, one more thing. I'm thinking we're gonna have dragonets fighting on the sands, and it's gonna end up with a candidate getting mauled beyond repair or a dragonet dyin'."

Fisher has bet brawling dragonets will result in a candidate being unable to stand any further or a dragonet going between

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces