Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] An Education in Straps (L’nik, Shahera, & dragons) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:32 pm
Did she ask other dragons about him? Why would he ask such a random question? Therianth gave Hessianth a confused stare. And if she heard the scraping did she go to look? Therianth liked story time though for all that she seemed to question everything.

“No?” Shahera asked, running her hand back and forth. “That is a pity.” Her other hand ran along his side before fingering the hem of his shirt. “We could fix that.” She smiled up at the man. “Unless you would rather stay unbothered?” Both hands stilled and then pulled away a fraction of an inch. She continued to smile up at L’nik. The smile was a strange mix of false innocence and predatory glee.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:53 pm
Clearly when Eosphoth had told him this story he hadn't asked nearly enough questions, because Therianth was making some excellent points. She did! She did ask about him to the other dragons - but most said they'd never seen her mysterious neighbor. As for the scratching, well...it seemed to come from all sorts of places - and it drove her rider mad as well! They looked very hard for where it was coming from. So one night she asked her neighbor what the noise was and all he said was 'We're trying to come over'. Hessianth tried to use his most mysterious voice for that line.

It was a pity, wasn't it? L'nik hadn't thought too hard about it - possibly because he was too focused on the idea of impressing a dragon of his own to worry beyond that. Still, if Shahera was trying to get a rise out of him with her idle teasing, she was rewarded with every possible jolt of lightly tickled flesh she could possible have wanted. He turned to face her as she toed the line of innocent and not-so-much, and for a moment L'nik studied that expression. It very suited what she was up to, but he didn't dislike it on her. "I would say I'm a little past bothered already," he answered. Shahera seemed to be in a mood for mischief - and her brand of it wasn't necessarily bad.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 pm
From where? They weyr next to them? Therianth was thoroughly confused. Why don’t they just come? Are they trying to carve through the wall? Why? This story made no sense. She was missing something, clearly.

As L’nik had turned, Shahera had kept her hands from touching him but made sure they stayed hovering very close to the skin and clothing. “Oh?” Her smile only widened as she stood there, just quite not touching him. “How would you know that you are past bothered if you have ben unbothered before? Do you even know where bothered is?” She was talking about the phenomenon as if it was a Hold to find on a map. “Maybe I can help you confirm?” She offered.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:19 pm
Well...yes. It turned out the weyr next to theirs was empty, but they found a dragon and his rider buried in the stone. They'd gotten confused while learning to Between and never been found, Hessianth explained, glossing over most of the story to offer some answers instead.

"Hmm, that's a good question," L'nik rubbed a hand along his chin thoughtfully with a smile. "I do know where my usual boundaries are and I'm definitely stepping the line," he offered as an answer. "Of course, if you know the territory better, I guess we should check."  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:43 pm
Oh! Therianth thought about the walls of the weyrs and completely missed the point of the story. Are the walls really that thick? She tried to imagine the architecture around their weyr. It didn’t seem like the walls were that thick. How did they find out then? Did the rider go digging herself?

Shahera let one hand drop onto L’nik’s side. “I suppose we should.” She began to finger the edge of the shirt again. Sometimes touching him through the cloth, sometimes directly on the skin. Her other hand stayed where it was like a patient firelizard waiting for its cue. “We wouldn’t want you to be lost.” Everything, while teasing, was still done with the indication that she would stop if he asked her to.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:59 pm
Depends on where they were, I would think! Hessianth was now idly pondering the thickness of the walls. He certainly didn't think another of himself could have fit in there, but then again - I guess it depends on which way they were laying too. As the brown was fairly comfortable, rather than doing it himself he sent Therianth the image of a dragon playing dead - as poor taste of a joke as it was.

L'nik couldn't help but shiver a bit at the little touches, unused to that type of contact. "Oh no, I mean, I may get lost anyways, though," he nodded, as though this was simply banter over directions to get to the closest hold. Though he was becoming painfully aware that he wasn't sure what he should be doing with his hands, while very aware of where hers were. There were so many easy resting places with her standing so close - like a hip, or brushing one over one of her arms. Maybe there was a reason why people waited for dragons to make thinking about it so much less...difficult.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:02 pm
Therinath giggled. I supposed if they were upright… She yawned and snuggled a little more. Once the dratted healers give me the all clear, can we play tug-o-war? She peeked over at her rider who she was getting interesting emotions from. Therianth didn’t really care all that much at the moment though. She was content and happy. Let her rider be.

The wandering hand found it’s way under L’nik’s shirt and began tracing muscles there. Shahera, who was still looking at L’nik’s face, took on a puzzled expression. “Are you planning on going away? Or were you planning on getting lost with me? Because I assure you, it takes a lot for me to get lost.” Her other hand finally came into play and began working the other side of L’nik’s shirt loose.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:27 pm
Hessianth considered this option as well, shifting his weight slightly as Therianth cuddled up against him. Of course! We can play all of the games you want when they let you, though if it had been him, he would have pushed his luck and done it anyways. Somehow, though, he didn't like the idea of her hurting herself more. Simply sitting like this was nice right then anyways.

She really did show him his glaring flaws at a moment like this. On the other hand, L'nik felt Shahera was purposely poking at his buttons to find a reaction. Which one, though? One hand finally traced its way up her arm, all light touches that barely brushed the skin, though his eyes never left her face. "So tell me," he asked as his other hand traced over one of her hips to find a place to settle against her back, "How far off the beaten path are you looking to wander?"  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:11 pm
Therianth huffed. This was going to be a long week. I am going to hold you to that. She just lay there a moment. She was feeling sleepy. It made no sense. They had just gotten up but she was already tired. Do you think it gets really cold up at High Reaches? Do the baby dragons get cold in the winter? When she was tired her brain sometimes fee associated items and it got interesting in her head. Though how she got from playing games to cold was an unknown.

“Hmmm?” Shahera hummed as he started his own exploration. Her touches because firmer but still light. She idly wondered if he was ticklish anywhere. Stepping closer she smiled. “I suppose we shouldn’t stray too far to begin with. Get to know the lay of the land first.” Her hands were creeping up under the shirt causing it to ride up some.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 pm
I'm a dragon of my word. Who else was going to give Therianth the attention she'd need once she was allowed to run and play as she so wished? Hessianth could think of many who wouldn't, if he'd care enough to make a list. I bet it does. Their sands are probably the warmest place to be in the winter! Did that mean they took it easier in the winter, though? All of that cold would freeze Thread to dust, and if that was the case....he was a bit jealous. But not enough to deal with the cold. Then they have to play in the snow.

"So keep an eye on the path for now, got it," L'nik leaned in as he spoke so the words were more murmured into her ear, than spoken, fingers tracing idle patterns along her lower back. This was all far more interesting than riding straps at the moment. It made him appreciate their current state of (mostly) privacy all the more. Though Hessianth felt he could have been a bit more bold.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:48 pm
But how long can they play? I mean they have to get too cold to and then they would have to stop playing. This seemed to be distressing Therianth as she was getting anxious and tense. The idea of Not Being Able to Play! No. Bad thoughts. She hid her head under her wing.

Shahera leaned her head to the side to give L’nik a little more room to explore. Her hands were now on L’nik’s chest and the stopped there. She couldn’t take his shirt off him without separating them again. She drummed her fingers on his chest thoughtfully. “But which path to take?”  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:59 pm
Perhaps they know all sorts of fun games we do not that they can play. Unless all of the dragons of High Reaches were just stiff and boring all the time, and that sounded just as likely. But Hessianth could feel Therianth's tension and would at least make steps towards easing it.

It was definitely a sight to see, though nobody would ever say L'nik was as built as any of the boys who had worked for that end. "That's a good question. Which one would you enjoy the most?" he asked, his voice still a murmur as he considered his next step. All this touch-y fun was, well...fun... but he also knew as much as Shahera enjoyed teasing, she could apply the brakes whenever she wanted.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:12 pm
Therianth was beginning to feel guilty that she kept being an emotional mess. Why was everything so distressing for her today? I’m sorry. I don’t know what is wrong. She shifted slightly, contemplating standing up and moving away from Hessianth. I don’t want to keep you from playing, either.

Shahera huffed in slight frustration. This was like a dance where both parties were trying to let the other one lead and neither were. That sort of dancing never ended well. It usually just ended in two very frustrated people. She had given him ample opportunities to lead and he hadn’t take them. It was her turn. She let her hands slide away from his chest, breaking connect for a second as she pulled them free of his shirt. Then they reached up to bring his face around to where she could look him in the eyes, one hand on each side of his head. “This one.” She said firmly and then leaned up and kissed him.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:18 am
It wasn't entirely unlike Therianth to have odd moods, and Hessianth was more than ready to suspect this was another of them. Are you allowed to fly? Or walk? We can go walking if you are feeling restless, he offered, seemingly unbothered.

Okay, maybe he was a little (lot) bad at playing the game Shahera had started, but what L'nik was good at was taking an obvious lead. For a moment, he leaned into the kiss. Only for as long as it took to get a good hold around her waist so he could hoist her up, leaning her weight against him.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:03 am
Therianth perked up. She was allowed to walk. It would have been silly to not be she thought. Why had she forgotten that? She was going to check in with Hers when Hers got rather distracted. I can! And maybe we should give them at least the illusion of privacy. She was laughing again. There was no way to actually give them privacy with the dragons being in their head, but she wondered if Hessianth’s might like that illusion. Hers wouldn’t care.

The little part of Shahera’s brain that was always observing and analyzing no matter what she was doing exclaimed a ‘finally he takes a hint’ when L’nik hoisted her up. The rest of her brain was rather busy focusing on other parts of the situation. She wrapped her legs around his waist to held support her weight and her hands dropped away from his face. Eventually she pulled back needing air. “Is this the right path?” She asked, her voice still having a teasing quality even then.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff