Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[EVENT] The Great Hunt Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kitsune Mistress Nyoko rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:54 pm
Banhishikha's panicked shout was enough to draw Kuchoma's attention, and as she began to turn back towards the rest of the group, something burst out of the sand. She found herself frozen in place as she watched the creature - more like a beast, really - soar through the air before landing in another dune. And as she ducked out of the way of the sand it had flipped with its tail, she couldn't help but voice exactly what had flitted through her mind in that instant.

"What the <********> is that thing!?"

Admittedly, Kuchoma wasn't usually one for vulgarity. But it was hard to come up with anything particularly eloquent when you were facing down some kind of enormous finned serpent. And realizing, a tiny bit belatedly, that you hadn't been hallucinating from a lack of sleep. Perhaps it was a good thing Menkar took the initiative to put a name to the creature after she and quite a few others had expressed their bewilderment - not that a name did them much good at the moment.

She only had a split second to react as the shark charged towards them, barreling towards the group at a speed that could surely send even the largest lion flying. It was pure instinct that allowed her to dive out of the way in time, turning to face back towards the shark as it just barely missed her. A hit like that would have had her down for the count in an instant, and in desperate need of a Medic if she could even make it back to the pride.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:07 pm
With a thunderous boom... Somehow, given it was sand... The beast vanished back into the dunes. The only sign it had been there was the disturbed sand and collapsed dunes, as well as a last flick of the tail. For a moment, everything was silent, before the shark-like creature burst from another dune, heading away from both the hunting party and the gemsbok and deeper into the desert.

Panting, eyes wide, Citlali looked at her hunting companions, "What was that and do we follow it..?!" She looked back in the direction the beast had gone. The rogue in her wanted to flee, but two things stopped her - Impressing the Firekin, and her mother's teachings. If Meztli found out she'd fled from a fight, surely the older lioness would come to the desert to give her a stern talking-too! She also thought of Galahad, and how he may take it as a sign she was in need of protection. The last thought made her ears fold back and her head to lift. "I mean, I think we should, what if it heads back toward the pride?"

It's decision time!
There are two options! Head after the Gemsbok, and continue to hunt, or head deeper into the desert, after the monster!

My next post will be after everybody has posted!

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

samus x

Uta

Ecavi

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

KasaiLoki

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:15 am
Everything was a mess of flying sand and lions running around, trying to either save their hides or attack the beast. It got away unscathed and Menkar breathed a sigh of relief as it reappeared further from them, leaving them be. When the question was posed about following it or their original quarry he actually laughed, already turning away from the massive beast.

"Normal sharks are dangerous on their own. I'm not fighting that thing," he said, nodding in the direction the giant mutant beast was moving in. "If it heads toward the pride they'll have a better chance of fighting it than us." They were small in number, after all. At least if it stumbled into the Firekin proper there would be hundreds of warriors to face it.

"I say we go after the gemsbok. Safer and the original plan."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:34 am
As the shark dove past them and deeper into the desert, Kuchoma used the brief moment of respite to gather her bearings. Citlali had certainly brought up a good question. They had come out here to hunt gemsbok, after all. But the herd had scattered when the shark showed up, and even with fresh tracks, they would be even harder to track down now that they weren't in a tight group. At best, they could maybe track down one or two before they had to head back. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't the big group they'd come after.

The shark, however, had left an obvious trail and was large enough that it would be easy to spot once it breached the sands. And even if the pride was well equipped to deal with it, there was no guarantee it would head back to the pride. And there were bigger concerns about letting that thing move about freely in our lands.

"Even if it doesn't head towards the pride, we can't have it in our desert. It's already chasing off the gemsbok - if it affects herd movements, we might have a prey shortage on our paws. We have to go after it and either kill it or chase it out of our territory."

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 pm
Zala glanced at Citlali, and then Kuchoma as they spoke. She, however, would rather finish their mission in hunting the gemsbok. That's what they were set out to do.

"If that thing heads towards the pride, we have soldiers to help fight it. Look at us, no one managed to get a single hit on that creature." They were hunters and huntresses. They may have dueled, but did that mean they were good at it?

She looked at Menkar, a small frown on her maw. "I also vote we continue our hunt with the gemsbok. If we see that creature again, then we decide to fight it. Otherwise, let's bring back food and warn the pride what we saw on our return. We can have a larger group go out if necessary to hunt the...what did you call it? shark?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:36 pm
((Nyiamk is stubborn. << Even if I'm OOCly with the other lions. xD )) As soon as the attack had begun, the creature turned away and headed off. It happened so quick, that part of the lioness still couldn't believe what she saw and what happened. Her tail flicked in irritation, adrenaline already pumping. Did they stay on the hunt or did they fight?

On the one hand, Nyimak had never run from a fight in her life. She wanted to chase the beast, to pick a fight and put it down. "It caught us off guard," she stated. "We might not have landed a hit on it, but we also weren't prepared. We know how it moves...sort of. I can't just turn around and focus on hunting prey with that thing still out there. The pride might be larger in number, but they're just as unprepared." No, they might have been sent out to hunt, but how could any of them pretend that that didn't just happen? She couldn't think about bringing home game, not with that thing still out there.

"If we're quick, we can hunt it instead." Was the thing even edible? Well, if nothing else, putting it down would make the deserts safer for everyone--the pride, and any game. "I'm with Kuchoma." Maybe it sounded foolish, but Nyimak felt it would be better to go after it than simply pretend it didn't happen. If nothing else, the pride needed to know, sooner than later.

Uta

Shy Mage

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:11 pm
Banhishikha didn't like the idea of hunting it down, though she liked it even less if the thing managed to get back to the pride. "It... would be best if we hunted it down." She said finally after listening to everyone else. "We don't want it to get back to the pride." Let alone anywhere else. She had a frown on her face, but that seemed to be the best option to do.

Who knows, maybe it was good to eat too. At least, this way, they'd know for sure that it wouldn't bother them. Hopefully, there weren't more of them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:18 pm
Back on her feet and watching it rush away from them, Titaia scowled. She wasn't at all interested in letting it get away, and she didn't think for a minute that they had hope of catching up to the Gemsbok after they were scared off by something like that.. ultimately she agreed with Kuchoma. Whatever it was, it was too great a disruption to the desert to leave be. But.. Menkar had a point about more lions having a better chance fighting it, it wasn't like the pride itself was defenseless.

"I'm going after it," she said, "Anybody who doesn't want to can go back to the pride and get backup."

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:14 pm
Shemhaza did not like the idea what so ever to be going after that thing. whatever it was he didn't really want to tangle with it but some of the others had a point about it affecting their prey's movements. "the thing already scared off the Gemsbok and more then likely ruined any plans for us to actually bring any back home." he gave a big sigh. "sadly I am going to have to agree we need to hunt that thing down and get rid of it. who's to say it wont show up again unannounced while we continue hunting."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:08 pm
Taking a deep breath, Citlali nodded, "Sounds like we're going after it." She glanced at Kuchoma, silently noting that so far, everybody was agreeing with her. It was, after all, a sound argument. This was their home, not that... Thing's. She looked, then, in the direction it had gone, the wind not yet doing enough to mask when a puff of sand came from a dune it had popped through. "Looks like it went that way, further out into the dunes... Guess we should start walking." What was out that far? She hadn't yet explored such reaches, not confident enough to do so alone. Even some of the lions who had been in the desert their whole lives weren't keen on traveling it alone. Not, she figured, an unwise decision.

Sorry for the long wait there! Work and brain funk ate me. Roll 1D4!
1 - The group journeys across the dunes, spying only the odd desert animal, mostly spiders and sidewinders
2 - As the group travels, you become aware of a bird seemingly following you. How odd... You can't see it properly, though, it's so high up
3 - The path meanders a little, due in part to the dunes, but you soon begin to catch up to the beast
4 - You don't get too far before the monster's path changes and heads back toward the group!

Provided my brain doesn't funk again, next post will be either when somebody rolls a 4, or everybody has posted! Whichever happens first!

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

samus x

Uta

Ecavi

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

KasaiLoki

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ecavi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:29 pm
Titaia barely waits for confirmation from the group before taking off after the strange monster. Who knew a simple hunt would take such a bizarre turn? At least it's an interesting one, assuming they can figure out what the hell the thing is and do something about it. How could anything swim in the sand like that?

Seemingly distracted by the mechanics of the situation they were in, Titaia ended up being less than useful in the tracking process. Catching sight of animals here and there, she was actually almost certain that it meant they were going the wrong way.

samus x rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:33 pm
Shemhaza made sure he was keeping an eye out for that thing so they wouldn't get ambushed again. it seemed though some of the members where already distracted by some bird following them which he didn't like the thought of one bit. but it didn't take him too long before noticing the monster's path starting to change and heads back toward the group. "hey guys I think it might be coming right for us again." ears flat to his head he hoped he was mistaken but he highly doubted that one.  

samus x

Ice-Cold Cat

KasaiLoki rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:34 pm
Where is was an obvious majority, Zala found herself shaking her head. If that was what the group wished to do, there was no need to argue it. She nodded towards Citalali, taking a step in the direction indicated. The lioness found herself gazing towards the sky, spotting an avian above. Her eyes narrowed as her golden gaze returned to the sands before her, occasionally peeking back up at the shadow in the sky. Was it following them?

Zala kept the thought to herself as she continued through the sands.  
SilverLutz rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:25 pm
Menkar frowned as most of the lions said to go after the strange shark. He shook his head in disbelief but he knew he wasn't about to walk back to the pride proper on his own. These lions had been born and raised here and knew the sands well, but this was his first time in this part of the desert and he wasn't sure he'd be able to get back without a struggle. Best to tag along and if they got their butts whooped by the sand shark, he'd just say 'told you so'.

As he lagged behind he noticed a bird overhead. Birds weren't too out of place here in the desert - he had even been told following them could lead him to water if he ever got lost - but this one seemed to be following them. Huh...very strange.  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:13 pm
Citlali, for her part, did her best to memorize the dunes. It wasn't easy, though, given how many had now collapsed and how the wind was making the sand move. She remembered, loosely, that somebody had said dunes could migrate, and out here she could figure out how. Her attention was drawn by Shemhaza toward the beast. "Oh... Oh!" She took a step back, then hunkered down. "Do you think it heard us?"

The beast hadn't heard them, but it was still heading heading straight for them! The fins suddenly vanished under the sand, the creature seemingly gone. The desert patch was silent, leaving a sense that it was done. It wasn't, though - With a thunderous boom of sand, the beast jumped straight out of the sand into the air, ready to body slam everybody present!

HP: 240

Weith a yell, Citlali jumped out of the way, rolling across the sand to keep from getting hit.

The time has come to attack! Roll 1D6 for damage!
Dodging or getting hit this go around is entirely optional! Numbers have no correlation other than against his HP! Next reply will be after everybody has replied!

SilverLutz

I Lady Kiya I

samus x

Uta

Ecavi

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

KasaiLoki

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash