Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[META ORP] New Blood Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 7!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:08 pm

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

The lioness that he had noticed before approached and Nchekwube watched her. "The Mwezi… Mwezi'johari," he started, his head tilting from one side to the other in a motion of curiosity that betrayed his youthfulness. "You will have to tell me about your old home sometime, Nina-dini," he continued, his eyes focusing on hers before becoming hazy and distant. The blinked the look away after what could have been seconds to minutes, he couldn't really tell. A smile blossomed onto his face. "But I assure you that you can belong here. To the Elo family." He concluded, glancing over to where he had seen Kemmasi, the Amusu of the Elo family.

Andranis

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 9!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:16 pm

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)
Nchekwube's ears perked as he looked to the lion with the purple toes. Another stranger, this one with greys that could match those already living in the pride but whose colorful front feet gave him away instantly. "Hello," Nchekwube started as he approached. "I am Nchekwube. Hopefully you find home well, here." He blinked a few times, eyes fluttering open and closed. Upon the third opening as Nchekwube's pink and purple eyes met Zuru's green, they appeared unfocused. Vision and feeling washed over him, like being swept into a swirling sea, but Nchekwube emerged smoothly out of it with a look of clarity.

"I welcome you to the N'ezi-ozu, traveler," he said with a determined nod. "You shall be with the family Mberede."

Midnightglow18

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:21 pm
oo DeD

Zuru smiled at the young pale colored male, "Nice to meet you Nchekwube, I am Zuru, a traveler I have seen quite a few prides and lands and different ways of life. I am honored to join the Mberede family and learn your ways." He bowed his head and looked around the pride curious who else was in this Mberede family and what it meant to be a part of their family. He was intrigued to learn.  
oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 12!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:23 pm

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

"Thwayya," he repeated, noting the lioness's forest green coloration that he was sure his pridemates would approve of. "They say that each step a traveler takes is one that brings them towards home." He stretched his paws, letting his attention focus on the lioness and doing his best not to get distracted by the hubbub going on around him. Part of him wanted to socialize with his pridemates, to see what their thoughts were about all of this. But at the same time, he had the privilege of meeting each one of the newcomers, so he supposed he couldn't really complain.

The adolescent took a deep breath and settled down, closing his eyes for a few long moments to settle the uneasy nausea in his stomach. He opened them again, meeting her eyes and letting himself fall deeply into a foggy vision, the images and feelings of which he couldn't really describe with words, only a confirming nod as he spoke, "Yes, well, I do believe you can find family here." A smile. "With the Nkunwu. May your long travels find a welcome home, there"

Alpaca Chobi

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:30 pm
Demani did not know much of the pride yet, only that they were very secluded. She had stumbled here almost by accident, but there seemed to be something magnetic about these lands. They drew her in, and one look into Nchekwube's eyes made it clear that she belonged. Everything was happening fairly swiftly, but it was like a ride she did not want to get off of yet. "You're the only female in your entire family?" Demani inquired further. The pale lioness only knew a little of the pride itself.

They were small, something had happened to make them this way, but she didn't want to prod too deeply into the subject yet. "They were... they were fine," Demani answered vaguely. It was clear that they had not been fine, but she didn't want to burden others with her past. She had come here to shed herself of it. With the shedding of her name, she had cast away the rest of who she had been 'fated' to be.

"That would be wonderful. I haven't seen much of these lands yet, so I can't help but feel a little out of place. Everyone here seems to know each other in some way - you are all very close." Demani was definitely a stranger upon these lands.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:24 am
User Image

This had been Nche's time to shine, an opportunity for him to practice the use of his unique abilities and ensure that the pride remained safe, while also breathing some much needed life into their ranks. Itiri had been deliberately silent, a constant presence as he watched each new individual slip into the caldera. While he might have taken stock of them he left it up to each individual pride to converse with their new family members until it became apparent that only he and his sister were present from the Akaraaka...

Ah, then perhaps it was only fitting that he should welcome those who had unexpectedly joined his family into it, no?

Rising from the shadows that he had taken to reclining in, he took several step towards the small number of lions who had achieved the rank of Akaraaka and offered a mild smile. They'd grow used to the more nuanced aspects of the pride and eventually they would come to learn who he was, but for now he would keep it simple.

"Welcome to the family," he said. "My name is Itiri."

Epine de Rose

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:31 am
"The Odachi...thank you," He offered a polite bow towards Nche and a small, but warm smile. "You're doing very well." Before he wandered to have a look around the new pride and possibly for his new family members, in his mind reminding himself to be calm and respectful as a fresh member. Nordras briefly glanced back hearing a new female had also been placed in the Odachi and gave a small sigh of relief, at least he wasn't the only new blood. That'd make this easier at least.

This was way more lions than Isithunzi had ever expected, it made her heart swell just a bit as she watched them all go to their respective families - only to catch Mgbamizu's gesture out the corner of one crimson eye and smile to herself as she pushed herself up to walk over towards him and Zuko. Glancing over the new faces that made their way there before she met her fiancee with a friendly bump to his shoulder.

"Evening Mgbamizu, evening Zuko...quite the activity today hm?"

KasaiLoki

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:44 am
Lightning Shadow X

SilverLutz

Mgbamizu's eyes widened.

Wait. There was a pride that members left as an adolescent, and then they would return home? But hers was gone?

"Oh, I've heard of a pride like that." Qamar piped up, interrupting Mgbamizu's thoughts. "The swamplands is where it was...right?" The green male asked Sawa, grinning.

"Oh fascinating." Mgbamizu said allowed. Here he thought, the N'ezi-ozu was all by themselves, but the prides to the outside world seemed to know each other! It truly was a rather remarkable thing.

The Aguu was listening as Nche called the next few families. No Aghas yet, but there was still a few more rogues it looked like in coming. When Isithunzi approached, Mgbamizu purred. "Isi! I'd like you to meet two of our new family members. This is..." he gazed to the male lion, "Qamar," his golden eyes turned to the lioness next, "and this is Sawa."

"This is Isithunzi! My mate," soon to be mate? eh, formalities really.

Mgbamizu turned to Zuko, grinning. "Lots of pretty ladies though for you, Zuko." He joked. Since Isi had re-entered his life, the male had been so head over heels. Soon, he'd have to help his friend find a lady.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:09 am
Sawa turned her ruby gaze up to Qamar, a docile smile on her muzzle still.

"Yes, that's correct. I'm not surprised to see some of my former pridemates joining," she added, nodding back towards the little gathering of rogues who were waiting to be judged still. "This place doesn't remind me of home in terms of the land, but I'm hopeful it will in terms of the community."

The arrival of a new lioness caused her to look back at the natives, bobbing her head in greeting to her. More 'family' it would seem which was always nice. Having come from a huge one herself she knew that blood ties were some of the strongest bonds that could be made and she was glad that she belonged in a family with a welcome committee like Mgbamizu.

"It's wonderful to meet you," she said, her voice soft and gentle still. "I'm so glad to be accepted here."

Zuko raised a brow as Mgbamizu announced Isithunzi as his mate to the new members. That was a development he hadn't known about. Perhaps it was new...and it wasn't as if he asked after the other lion's personal life at all when they were together. Mgbamizu insisted they were friends but Zuko wasn't completely sure. He kept everyone at arms length just out of habit, but the fact that he was finding out about Mgbamizu's engagement along with brand new pride members stung a bit. Perhaps the other lion spoke a bit of truth when he said they were close.

"Congratulations," he offered the pair before Mgbamizu's words turned his face sour. "Pretty, yes, but any with substance? I'm afraid my standards are rather high."

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:44 am
Krysin

"My family is a small one that consists of true blood relatives so you are indeed a refreshing face for me." Confirming what Demani had said to her she gave a wave of her paw as if to say it's not all bad being the only female but now she would at least have someone to consider a sister for a time.

"I'm pleased to hear that, I do hope that you are able to make a home for yourself here. It's important to always remember where you came from, never forget them." She knew she would never forget her past and family for as long as she lived and she hoped that the other would always remember hers as well. Even if they weren't where she was living now.

"Our pride has been through a great deal and our families are all fairly connected in some way so to say we all know each other well would be a little bit of an understatement." Giving a small chuckle she saw her brother had finally removed himself from the shadows and joined the festivities.

"We can do so after the festivities if you so wish. I won't keep up more of your time if you wish to mingle a little bit?" She wouldn't mind spending the event with the female if she so choose.

epine de rose

Turning she looked towards her brother as he welcomes her as well. "Its nice to see you around." She hadnt seen much of him as late  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 am
Demani for a moment looked away, her pink eyes scanning over the mass of gathered lions and out over the landscape. No. She did not want to forget where she came from, but at times it was difficult for her to dwell upon the past. She had no idea what had happened to the rest of her family and had not seen them since she left on her initial pilgrimage. Out there, somewhere, was the rest of her family, but in her times traveling through the rogue lands she had encountered none of them.

She hoped they were well and safe, and for a moment she was sorry that she could not wait any longer for them. It was time to move on with her own life now, even if she only plunged deeper into the unknown. "I hope they're safe out there," she muttered with a heavy sigh. The worst part was not knowing their fate. All Demani could do was have faith that they were well.

Her gaze lifted then as Itiri greeted her and welcomed her into the family. She had not noticed him before, and for a moment wondered where he had come from. The pale lioness smiled, a soft and almost tentative gesture of friendliness. It had been so long since she had been properly social, and all the lions here seemed to be very close to one another. "Thank you, I'm Demani."

She did not feel quite at home yet, but in time she hoped that would change. Demani desperately wanted to belong somewhere. "That would be wonderful, Juu. I'll make sure to catch you at the end of all this. I am sure I should try to... at least meet a few of the lions here." But, she did not really want to leave her new sister's side. The other lioness was just so accepting, and it was hard to pull away from that comfort.

AstoriaFallen

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:13 pm
Zuru laid down watching the others chatting and mingling, he figured he would mingle if he felt like it, he was normally forward and bold. Right now he thought it would be smart to watch and wait to see what happened next, figure out who was in what family and see if anyone from his new family was at this event. He was black, white and grey, but his purple front feet spelled out very clearly that he was new to the pride. He had heard murmurings of the fear and discomfort some of the pride members felt about this change. A change was sometimes needed. No one could stay locked away forever they had to let something new in once in a while and he was proud to be part of that breath of change. He looked around wondering if he would make a friend or find someone special. Would the originals of the pride keep the new lions at laws length? Would they gravitate towards the other new lions and start a new generation of more brightly colored lions of death? It was a curious thing to ponder, his tail flipped about behind him as he daydreamed about what was to come.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41 pm
Itiri, for once, had the opportunity to offer a warm smile to his sister. She had the right of it to point out he had barely been around, he'd spent much of his time addressing other issues concerning the pride. Whether it be ensuring his brother's latest guest settled in and her new born cubs were secure, or attending to some of the more unusual mysteries within the pride, he really hadn't left much time for anything except business.

...Alas, Family didn't count as business.

"Always around, though not always as attentive towards family as I should be," he conceded before glancing towards Demani. It seemed that fate had conspired to grant them a little more estrogen for once, and this came in the form of company for his sister. Well deserved in his opinion, given that neither he or his darling brother had been of much use to her after their trials.

"A pleasure, I see you've already made good company," he mused and tilted his head to the side. "Juu will take great care of you, of that I can attest to... Not only in providing some guidance on who we are, but also where it is most interesting to wander," he paused briefly. "And I will of course be at your disposal, though as you might have gathered I can be a touch inconvenient to find sometimes," he finished apologetically.

"Nevertheless on this occasion my decision to stay out of sight was largely so that we may see Nche establish himself, this is his gift after all, he deserves the respect it brings."

...Even if Itiri conceded he was still a little young for the burden of responsibility but that seemed to be a running theme as of late in the pride.

AstoriaFallen

Krysin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:29 pm
With Mgbamizu just up and saying it, Isi blushed deeper beneath her fur before smiling and nuzzling into the big doofus' thick green mane with a soft chuckle.

"Well someone's eager to make it official, aren't they?" She replied with that playful expression of hers as always when she was teasing the poor Agadi male. But she meant it purely in an affectionate way, just the knowledge that she and Mgbamizu were now betrothed like this made the pitch black female's heart flutter like a butterfly on the wind.

Looking out over the newcomers she had to smile.
"This is incredible...there are so many, I can't wait to hear what's been happening outside of the pride."

KasaiLoki

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 pm
Lightning Shadow X

"You know these other lions too!" It was so fascinating!

It was a shame Zuko didn't seem to share the same sentiment as he did. The old stick in the mud. Luckily, he still called the male his friend, regardless if he was less than enthused.

Qamar bobbed his head to Isithunzi, giving her a smile. "Your...mate," he glanced between the two, "seems to be very excited. Is everyone in here like that?" His question was really for everyone, even though he was glancing at Isithunzi.

"Oh, that's right, I haven't told you yet, had I Zuko," he shrugged sheepishly with a grin. "Thank you." He turned to Isi. "Aren't you?" He purred, nuzzling her back.

Qamar glanced back at the others being initiated. "I take it this doesn't happen often, huh?" The green lion's ears twisted at Zuko's words.

"You might need to bring those standards down a little bit there, friend. Otherwise you will die a lonely male." Maybe it wasn't his place to make the comment, but he did. This male wasn't in his family...right?

Mgbamizu's face formed an 'O' at Qamar's comment. "Don't worry Zuko, we will find you the right lady." Quiet Mgbamizu turning...matchmaker?  
[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff