Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[META] Ballad of the Mad King Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:54 am
Shui's expression hardened at Kota's decision to speak out, and those behind him seemed to smile deeply. Kota had mis-stepped and it seemed to imply he thought he and his family were above the gods and the traditions of the very pride they had existed in for so long. If there was ever a way to show arrogance and disregard for your own pride simply because it was your family affected this time... That was certainly one way.

"Then you may join her," Shui stated. His tone was empty and devoid of sympathy; to any outsider it would have been abundantly clear that Shui didn't view the lineage of Kota's line as anymore important than any other. All bloodlines would be held to account, and if one chose to speak out against the very agreement his father had made to protect those with loose morals...then they would be made an example of.

...Ram could very well have banished them for eternity or left them to be scrutinized and abused as the most critical of society saw fit. To ignore the agreements the now deceased king had put in place was the equivalent of spitting on his grave in the eyes of his son. What respect Shui might have had for the elder lion evaporated in the moments he put his personal bloodline over the safety of the entire pride.

"You are not shackled to this beach and you may exit it," he stated in an even darker tone. He would not budge on this one and if the eldest within the pride decided to storm out on principle because it was one of their own blood, then tough. They were not a higher rank simply because they had been there longer and Shui would make that abundantly clear.

Xenon meanwhile, had pursed his lips as he listened to the young king speak. All things considered, that could have gone much more poorly and Shui hadn't put any new policies in place. Whether the eldest in the pride wanted to acknowledge it or not, this was an agreement set in stone when the Kizingo'zaa and Bahari'mtoto had formalised their alliance. Shui had been rather measured in his initial address, even if it had punched several noses out of joint.

...Unfortunately on this occasion, even Xenon had to acknowledge that Tarni couldn't be exempt from these rules simply because her family was one of the oldest in the pride. If they went down that road they would end up with a class system and a social divide that he would never stand for - the Bahari'mtoto were equal and your claim to the land was no less firm than the newest lion or lioness who had been embraced by the ocean in their rites.

No doubt Kota was simply clouded by his own bias, this was Tarni afterall, but Xenon couldn't support his outburst on this occasion.

Solomon seemed to have much the same reaction towards the news that Xenon had, and even Zephyranthes seemed quite muted. She had been the bargaining chip during those negotiations and as such, it struck a little close to home. The white lion had to accept that on this occasion it seemed Shui wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary... He had been young when this agreement was made but he did recall it, but the Bahari had always been fortunate to not have too many lionesses flaunt poor behaviour.

It seemed that a series of unfortunate events had spurred this on, all conveniently timed to align with these births. He would have called it coincidence himself, but he could acknowledge that some of it had been a little too well timed to not cause suspicion.

That aside, these were his nieces and nephews, and he would need to take steps to ensure both mother and her cubs realised they were still an important part of his family. He saw the possibilities in this and he would embrace them, on the whole the white lion wasn't concerned about regularly crossing the border during this period to play with and educate his family, as well as ensure that Tarni was still settled comfortably.

...He couldn't speak for the rest of her family though.

"You're being very quiet Zephyr," he murmured.

"I was expecting far worse," she admitted and shook her head. "Although I'd rather not put my paw in my mouth, there's still time for it to go down hill," she murmured as she examined the young king's expression. He hadn't taken Kota's remark well, but she was glad his reaction had been blunt rather than explosive... A temper tantrum wouldn't be received well by anyone!

"At least it isn't a permanent state," she added. "The Kizi were wonderful to me while I was in their care and I have every confidence they will treat those who need it with kindness..." She had to be their champion in this, the Kizi had been the best hosts. "Both mother and children can come home eventually if they would like to, they just need to wait a little, that's all. The choice will ultimately be theirs regardless and... well... they're not that far away," she pointed out. "I'm ok with the arrangement - I'd be less so if he'd decided that they were lost forever."

"He would need significantly more support and a considerable shift towards hardline views before that would be an acceptable policy," Solomon shook his head. "As it stands there would be riots; but we'll see if any others express the same views as Kota," he murmured as he slipped in to silence.

It seemed by now Xenon had finally decided to join his family and had moved towards his mate, though he remained quiet for the time being.

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 am
She giggled at his greeting, before sliding herself over and cuddling up against him, "Back at you, handsome." She did think he was handsome too, for all that he seemed to be down about his appearance. In her opinion, it made him unique and warm.

Then Anya's attention moved to the conversation going on around her, making her frown once more and nod back to Coburnycus, "I never have either." Her experiences with the Kizingo'zaa were limited thus far, though she had heard of their alliance of course. "At least... at least families would still be able to see their cubs, even if they chose to stay with the Kizingo'zaa." It was her trying to look at the bright side of things, though it seemed a bit bleak.

She cringed as the conversation continued, tensions rising to match it and leaving everyone with their fur ruffled. She had a feeling that this wouldn't end well, but she had to admit that she wouldn't want to anger the gods either.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:52 am
MangoMeow

Epine de rose

Afina looked to her mate as he finally joined her. She frowned. She could feel tears welling in her eyes. Her grandfather being spoken to like that, well, it hurt her heart deeply. She had never heard anyone speak to him like that. She had also never heard her grandfather object to anything before. He was usually quiet when it came to the rules following them to the letter.

She couldn’t help but notice the snide looks form those who surrounded the new King. She wanted to march up there and wipe those smirks right off their dirty little maws but she stayed still, silent and rather than raise her voice she shuffled towards Xenon to lean against him. She never felt vulnerable. She felt like her family meant nothing to the pride. They had lived here their whole lives, they had always considered themselves a part of it but now they were being told to just up and leave? She felt offended, of course she did. She loved the pride but she also loved her family. She really didn’t know what to do.

Then, Tarni arrived. She hadn’t intended to attend. She had heard the whispers and seen the looks of those around her, she had held her head high knowing that her family were sewn in to the fabric of the pride they loved so much. Yet here was this new king speaking in such a foul way to her grandfather. She felt sick and the sickness had nothing to do with her belly.

She moved slowly deliberately and rubbed herself under her grandfathers chin. She was of course in stark contrast to him. His dark jet black fur shocking against her teal. “It’s okay grandfather. I don’t mind going.” She smiles softly at the dark male and touches his cheek. She had heard everything of course. Though her father, Poseidon, had encouraged her to stay home she had insisted on going down to hear her fate. Here it was and she didn’t care. The pride felt so sick at the moment. Tired and broken.

“I got myself in to this mess, because I wanted to see more of the world. The Kizingo’zaa, it isn’t that far away and I’ll come back.” There was hesitation in her voice, she had no idea if she would return. The pride did not seem to want her. She smiled sadly wrinkling her nose at her darker blue sister. She had never seen Afina looking so down.

She turned her gaze on their king and bowed her head lightly. “You cannot blame my grandfather sir, as it is I am the only one facing what he considers a punishment.” She lets a sigh roll over her lips. “Please, don’t blame my family for my misdeeds, they simply care about me it isn’t their fault that I let myself get lost.” She gave a light shrug “Forgive them their missteps, as I will go without protest.” The teal lioness lifted her head, her eyes dry she settled herself beside Khepri.

“Grandmother.” She purred grooming her red grandmothers face gently. “You’ll come visit me won’t you?” She whispered. Ignoring the tension that had been caused because of her indiscretion.

Khepri smiled at her grand daughter and returned the grooming gladly. “O course I will lass. I missed so many of tha others I canna resist comin’ An playin wit the new bairns.”

‘Kota had been hushed in to silence by his teal grand daughter and while protests still hung on his lips he turned his gaze away from the king with a frown on his brow and settled himself on the other side of Tarni. He had never felt so unwelcome int he pride he had been at home in for so long. His heart ached.

“We’ll both come lassy, ain’t been ova tha border proper since I came ‘ome wit ya granma. Lot o years ago.” He rumbled. The Bahari’mtoto was home, had always been home, he considered himself a part of the sand and sea, yet, they would all be cast out for speaking their concerns for their family? The Bahari had always been about family. Tarni may have made a mistake, but she was family, she had a family that wanted to look after her and protect her. The new king didn’t seem to want to see that.

—-

Burny pressed close to his lady mate and smiled at her. “it is hard, to lose a family.” He smiled at her, he knew she felt the same way, they had both misplaced some, if not all of their family members when their prides disbanded. If he had been given the choice he would have held on to them tightly and never let them go. He hadn’t been given that choice though.

The protest from the eldest family member, he understood it. Losing family, even for a short time when they were so tightly knit would be hard. “I’m just glad we don’t have to go through this. I wouldn’t want to be parted from you for any time. Even for the gods.” He grinned.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:34 pm
Shio returned the head bump and the smile, although it was more subdued than usual. He once again began to scan the crowd but let out a soft sigh of relief when Kelpie said her mother wasn't going to show up. As much as he hated to say it, it might be in her best interests to leave, at least for a bit while tensions drained. Perhaps if those that they thought were causing the problems in the pride moved to the Kizi for a bit it would settle everything down.

"I'm not sure," he said quietly, resting his paw over Kelpie's gently. "But no harm will come to her, I can promise you that much, at least." The Bahari were peaceful when all was said and done but there were some here he wouldn't trust to keep things at a verbal level.

Almost as soon as he spoke he spotted his brother shifting to move into a better spot to speak from. He lifted his head to watch and listen, trying to get a better understanding of what was going to happen. His ears pressed back against his head as Shui's words carried over the group, mutters and grumbles coming from some while others nodded in approval. He was torn on the matter, although he didn't think his brother used the best words to describe the situation. It was like saying it alone put a bad taste in his mouth.

Nahodha’kota was the first to speak up, but Shui was quick to lump him in with the rest of those that were being told to leave. He sighed quietly and shook his head, not fond of the way his brother spoke yet again, but the terms weren't finite. It seemed as though once the cubs were old enough they could return for their rites...but what if the ocean rejected them? Would they have to return to the Kizi? And the mother?

"What are the terms for returning, brother?" he said, raising his voice a bit to be heard. "Aside from the Rites. If the sea does not accept the cubs the first time, are they allowed to return?" Shio wasn't the only royal cub to be spurned by the ocean, after all. He had just recently been accepted by the sea. Would the cubs get that second chance as he had, or would it be a one and done method?

"And the females? Are they never to return if their cubs don't pass the Rites?"

Epine de Rose

Syrius Lionwing

---

Hima watched from her place on the edge of the gathering, eyes narrowed and claws extended as her son spoke to the crowd. He certainly wasn't the most charismatic of her children but he was doing his best. What she didn't like was the way the traditionalists sat behind him as if they were the masters and he was the puppet. No child of hers would succumb to pressure like that if she had a say in the matter. That was a task for later, though. Perhaps her anger could be shifted from focusing so much on the death of her mate to protecting her children rather than hurting them.

--

Kawai listened to the words being spoken, pausing on her way to Lit to face Shui as he spoke. His words were harsh, yes, but Kawai understood where he was coming from in saying them. They were the laws of the pride, after all. In other prides she had heard that if rules were broken like this the female could be chased out of the pride for good or her cubs killed upon birth. She felt like temporarily moving to the neighboring pride was a much better option.

AstoriaFallen

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The glowing blue and black male was pleased to see his mate and gave her a warm smile as she seemed hesitant to approach. So instead he closed the distance between them easily enough, he didn't want her to feel as though he had any ill will towards herself or any of her family. Though after what he had heard some could learn to speak better of others within the pride, even if they had gone against the rules. However, the words that the new king spoke made him frown slightly, he was fully grown and his mother was a mated member within the community, did this still apply to her? While anyone going away would be just next door, he wondered what this would entail for those that had taken mates after the fact. Hell, his little siblings had just done a passage of their own! "I wonder what this means for my mother....." He said to his mate softly.
SilverLutz

Ezili looked over at her brother and gave a small twist of her lips. "Not exactly, but I don't think it's good.... I think it has something to do with our older siblings and some other cubs, or not cubs in the pride." She had overheard her siblings talking at one point and wondered what this all meant, though when the new king spoke up she wondered what would happen to her friends, to her family. Moving closer to her brother she leaned against him, wanting his warmth as a form of comfort.

KasaiLoki

Cheveyo wished his mate would have come but she had not, and he could understand why. Though at the same time this was important and he should have ushered her here anyway, her first litter was fully grown and their current litter was just through their first rites. What did any of this mean for Livy. Her rogue born cubs had grown into adulthood already and she was firmly planted in this pride with him as her mate and their current litter that they had, after having been married.

"What about those that had cubs, had them pass their rites, married a pride member and had cubs with that current mate. What of the mother in question then if those that had been rogue born have already grown and been accepted into the pride as full fledged members, some of which with mates of their own?" Would his mate be banished to the pride next door even though their current litter was still growing and within the legal limits?

Epine de Rose

User ImageUser Image

Pili and Aza were uncertain of what to think at the moment, while they listened to everything else going on the duo remained quiet for the time being.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 am
SilverLutz

Kelpie frowned at the harsh words of their new king. He seemed to be unwavering in his convictions. She had no idea some of the pride felt so, up in arms about her mother and others like her. Of course she had heard about the happening at the rites after the fact.

She listened quietly, tucking herself closer to Shio. His promise to protect her mother rang true but she had a feeling even he couldn’t protect her. What worried her almost as much was the fact that she was born of one of these, almost, illegal unions. Was she too going to be looked down upon? Would her partnership with Shio put him in to question? She loved Shio, she loved him so much she didn’t want to be parted from him because of the uproar.

“Shio, we all passed our rites.” she whispered her voice so quiet, spoken in to his mane. “Do I have to go Shio?” She had never really felt so frightened. His brothers words certainly shook her though. If she protested about her mothers treatment would she be tossed out away from Shio? “I don’t want my mother to be treated badly Shio. She is a good mother. She really is.” Again her voice was kept lowered, quiet and full of sadness.

She really wanted to speak up, protest, at least a little but the way the elder of the pride had been spoken too she was terrified that she would be told to go to. This was her home and Shio had become a big part of her world, if she was ordered to vacate the premises because of her rogue parentage would Shio come with her? These were all questions she didn’t dare voice for fear the answer would be no.

Syrius Lionwing

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:20 pm
Anya gave him a soft look as he spoke, and then leaned forward to nuzzle the side of his neck. This was one of the reasons she loved him. He was understanding and very kind. "It is. Sometimes I wonder where my own family could have gone." Or if they were even alive by this point, she thought sadly.

Curling her tail around, she hooked it with his, "Agreed. Life would be so much bleaker without you." She smiled at him at the corner of his eye, "Even if the gods separated us, I'd just go looking for you again."

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:51 pm
Kivumbi's eyes widened as everything happened. Wait...he preached their values, but wanted to separate families? How was that okay? How was that right? She looked to Vuai, her distress clear in her eyes, her voice quiet. "He...he certainly can't. This is just..." Her ears went back. "What agreement? When was this put in place? Why? If the ocean had so much issue with those who are born to fathers not in the pride, why would it ever accept those of us born outside? Or those born to mothers who sought refuge here while pregnant?"

She looked to Tarni, poor Tarni, and nodded. "If you'd like, I can come visit as well. If you don't mind your old auntie bringing you treats from home." Kizingo'uso moved past his mother with worry on his face.

"Are y' sure y'll be okay, cousin? I c'n come wi', if y' wan' comp'ny. S' y' 'ave a familiar face wi' y'." He'd been outside the pride before, traveled the rogue lands. He could stand a little more time away from home if it put his cousin's heart a little more at ease.

Syrius Lionwing

Hillaire froze at the words of the King, at the words spoken to a father concerned. At words that condemned love, no matter how fleeting. At words that said that fleeting love was why the misfortunes happened. How dare they! He'd thought they'd found a safe place, a place where they could be free and safe and love as thou wilt. Where Ekundayo and Ilayda could be near the ocean they so loved. He felt a rumbling growl rising in his throat before he shook his head and looked to Ilayda. It was a look that said they were going to talk later, because this was not what they joined. This was no home for them.

He wasn't expecting the next voice he heard speak up after so many others.

"How dare you!" Ekundayo's ears were back, her displeasure plain for all to see. "How dare you blame bad luck on those who chose love, however fleeting it was! How dare you try to pile the wrongs of the world onto mothers and cubs! As a former leader to another, you are a fool who pretends he knows all! I love the sea, the waves, and the salt. But I shall not tolerate those who use it to pile the blame on mothers and cubs! I hope for the sake of others that you learn how to truly lead, before you kill the pride."

With that, the older lioness rose to her paws, crimson eyes narrowed as she started towards the edges of the crowd. Her gait was slower, with a limp, but she held her head high. She hadn't called herself a leader, former or otherwise, in a very long time...she might as well hold herself like one.

Redbud-Tree

Seascann did not like a word out of the King's mouth. The large lion's eyes narrowed, but he held his tongue. There were enough voices of displeasure, of worry, of concern. Some of them had obviously been in the pride a long time, or had been born into it. With Ekundayo's outburst, he looked to Imani cautiously. Did they dare? Imani nodded back.

They did dare. This wasn't a place they could call 'home' anymore if the king thought this was the correct route, if he would give in to superstition and coincidence. Almost in sync, the two rose when Imani's older half-sister passed them, and moved to follow her. They didn't need to speak; they agreed with her.

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:49 am
Shui seemed unsurprised by the outburst of several lions and he simply shook his head as they made their decision, he would make sure they were not permitted to return now that they had made their choice. To spit in the face of their very own culture made it clear they were never meant to be here in the first place. If Ekundayo, Seascann and Imani had made their choice to leave...then they would never be allowed to return. He wished them well, but their home was no longer here and he wouldn't prevent them from finding a new one.

For an older lioness, Ekundayo had conveniently forgotten that life had been far worse before his father had taken power, not better. Funny how age corrupted the memory and placed rose tinted glasses on some, nostalgia could be very damaging.

Instead, he simply turned his attention to the more valid questions that had been raised, though he couldn't say he was impressed by those either. Had no one listened to his father on the birth of that alliance? Evidently the lions of this pride heard what they wanted and not what had actually been said.

...No surprises there then, his new advisers had been right all along.

"Those individuals who pass their rites are entitled to stay," he stated simply. "The same way it has always been. Those who do not are entitled to try as many times as they would like, once they have passed them, then they will be permitted to stay. This is nothing new and has been set in stone since the birth of this alliance," he shook his head. "Your decisions to deliberately ignore these agreements is yours alone and you chose what was convenient to your own circumstances, rather than what benefited the pride," he stated flatly.

"To say that my own family are not guilty of this would be a lie," he cast his gaze towards his own siblings and shook his head. "It was terribly convenient for us to ignore the truth until we were reminded that we are mortal and we are beholden to the forces that sustain us."

He paused briefly.

"The mothers may return when their children are old enough to survive on their own, if they so choose," he raised a brow. "Again, this is not a new policy and has existed since the very beginning of this alliance," he was rather blunt now. By now there would have been several individuals who sensed a running theme - what Shui was saying were policies his father had agreed.

...And they were policies that even Ram's children had been conveniently ignoring.

"However these mothers will never rise to any rank of significance, they will never have a position beyond those of a normal individual. Aims to become a senior rank will be dashed here - they lacked the capacity to make sound judgement and as such they will never be placed in a position where they can be an authority."

"And their children?" Solomon had strode into the midst of the group, his reaction more measured than perhaps anyone's.

"Will be allowed to strive towards better things if they have passed their rites, they have been accepted and will be given the opportunity they deserve to prove their bloodline isn't completely lost," Shui replied.

"And if they disagree with your policies?"

"They are entitled to their opinions, that does not mean the policy will change," Shui was firm, his expression remaining set. "However if they are completely unhappy with the pride then they may join those who have already made it abundantly clear they intend to leave."

"But you won't cast them out," Solomon wanted that set in stone.

"Not unless they decide to walk down a path that demands it," Shui replied coolly. "Short of attempted murder, or repeated disrespect of our way of life to the point we are inundated with b*****d children, they may spout whatever beliefs they want and they can remain here."

Oddly, Solomon seemed satisfied by this and it seemed like he might very well be a traditionalist that was aligned with the decision to move pregnant, unwedded lionesses to the Kizingo'zaa for a period.

It was at this point that he glanced at Tarni and offered her a warm smile, she'd been incredibly brave by appearing, and she had conducted herself in a most impressive manner. She wouldn't make excuses for herself, what she had done was unfortunate, but she would take the necessary steps and he would see she was supported. To say Solomon was about to become a familiar face in the Kizingo'zaa was an understatement!

"Then you have my support," he said finally and glanced back towards Tarni as he placed his paw on her shoulder. "Provided that they are secure, safe and they may come home when all is said and done, then I will agree to this," he pursed his lips.

Xenon lifted his brow at this, Solomon's calm voice was at considerable odds with the shrieks of those who had certainly forgotten (conveniently) what things used to be like. Shui was taking a considerable amount of abuse for simply enforcing things that already existed, if these outspoken lions weren't careful they would push Shui further into the arms of those who really were hostile and that would end badly for everyone.

...While Tarni and a select few lionesses were currently at risk, those who had already been inconsiderate and had placed b*****d children into the pride were safe. At the moment Shui didn't seem to have interest in punishing anyone retroactively but the more individuals shrieked at him about perceived injustice the more the risk of backlash grew.

Xenon had a mind to be wary; Tarni had been exceptionally brave and he was incredibly proud of her. Just like Solomon, he'd make a point to ensure she was cared for with the utmost love and her cubs were fully prepared for their rites... But with that in mind, he also had no intention of abusing Shui for a several generations old agreement that had existed since long before he was born.

In the game of chess, the traditionalists behind him had simply done well to educate him in regards to the historical agreements that existed between both prides. Xenon couldn't fault them for this move and perhaps, this was what was needed for now, a chance to clear the air and for things to be put into perspective.

If you wanted to have cubs? You would do well to be married...

If you didn't? Then there were always other options and the Kizingo'zaa had always been significantly more liberal than the Bahari'mtoto in that respect.

That being said...

"And the other queries, what of those who have already existed and taken their rites?" Xenon asked, nodding towards Cheveyo who had wanted this clarified on behalf of his absent mate.

"At this time, there is little value in punishing those who have already misstepped," Shui snorted. "Beyond preventing those mothers from reaching higher ranks, there will be no further action taken," he confirmed.

"And their adult children?" Xenon pressed.

"The same applies, no further action will be taken. Just as those who come after them will find, they have the opportunity to prove that their line can rise above the missteps of the past." The young king paused and fixed his gaze on Xenon. "Does this satisfy you?"

"It does," Xenon confirmed with a curt nod. All things considered, Shui still seemed to have taken a measured approach, while Xenon knew that those behind him would much rather he had done so much more. Xenon just hoped that others would step back and eventually realise this. For the time being though, Xenon would have to be at odds with his own family and stand in support of the young King.

The lion wouldn't let the young one be scapegoated for enforcing agreements that already existed, even if Afina didn't necessarily approve. That aside, he also wasn't about to blame his mate for siding with her Grandfather if she saw the need to. As Shui had said, everyone was entitled to their opinion and they wouldn't be punished for them, but it was better for Shui to have friendly and more moderate faces to approach than to be thrust into a corner with only the most hostile to run to.

Nevertheless he couldn't dictate how others chose to react and while he knew his stance, and it seemed clear that Solomon had made his known, he would have to wait and see how the pride behaved beyond that...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:20 pm
Ilayda said nothing to anyone as the king spoke, though her ears pinned back and she shot Hillaire a look. The sick feeling of foreboding was all but confirmed, now. She remembered well what her original pride had been like; and though giving male cubs to the neighboring pride was different than this, the similarities were enough to bother her.

She nudged her mate gently, then shook her head. Nothing good could come of this, she thought. Not for them, not for those who would and were being punished, and not, she thought with some irony, for those who would push for such a thing. "The ocean is what I know, and what I always considered home," she said quietly to Hillaire, watching Ekundayo walk away and knowing, already, what needed to be done.

"But it is not kind, so we must be in its stead. Should we begin cutting away our compassion, we lose ourselves." And, she wondered idly, what would become of those so outcast should the pride they were being sent to face changes of its own? Anything could happen, after all. Without such a recourse, would they throw cubs born in that manner into the sea to drown, instead? A cruel thought, that, but one that she could all too easily see as a possibility - not right away, perhaps, but eventually?

No. This was a dark path, and one she would not walk.

Das Tor

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tapiwa frowned this was a harsh way of thinking and seemed to only punish the females. He was new to the guards of the pride but he wanted to know where the line was drawn. "My lord you continue to say females, are you saying a male will not be punished for breeding with a rogue female??" He knew it was easier for a male to hide unless the female brought the cubs to the male, but in his heart Tapiwa knew it would be black-hearted and unfair for a male to be able to do as he wished and never suffer and a female marked as foolish just because she was female and had to live with the results of breeding with a rogue male. Tapiwa wanted a mate and marriage but he had lived as a rogue and certainly wouldn't want any female he ever mated with to suffer for pleasures of the flesh.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He didn't want to speak up, but he was going to. This wasn't right. He, himself, was a product of a rogue breeding.

"You're a tyrant. I will not be staying in a pride that condemns lions like my mother for wanting children by finding none in the pride compatible.. Singling out these mothers, some of which come here from the roguelands, pregnant, seeking shelter and inclusion are to blame for the pride's misfortunes is ludicrous and it stands against everything I thought this pride to be." He had children who were going to join him here, but if this is how the pride is going to react to a series of unfortunate events, by putting blame on single females and their cubs, he wanted nothing to do with it.

"To hell with you, and to hell with your 'followers'. This isn't right."

Cubozoa didn't care if he made a fuss, if he was chased out of the pride for stating his opinions.

This is what he believed one hundred percent. He didn't know if his brother was going to join him, but he was done.

"I'm going to go join my children in the Mwezi'Johari. At least they know how to treat the lions who are expanding the pride with new blood."

With that said, the dark male walked off as suddenly as he appeared.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:10 pm
Shui regarded Tapiwa thoughtfully for a moment, the sand-coloured lion had raised a valid point. What would happen if a lioness attempted to fob her illegitimate cubs off on a male who had failed to uphold the pride's culture? He was silent for a time, as this would be his first ruling on his own, and quite frankly it was an easy one.

...Well if they were so caught up with the fact that the punishment was exacted against females only, then the path was clear, was it not?

"They will be required to exit the pride and raise their cubs in the Kizingo'zaa as well," he said at last and shook his head. "If a male chooses to lie with a female who has no interest in remaining on the sands then the misfortunes of those cubs will be placed upon another pride; as such no further action will be taken against the male. However, if it is clear she wishes for him to raise him then it is only fitting the same rules apply to him," he motioned towards Cubozoa who seemed to have chosen now to speak up.

And he had chosen now to prove he was the perfect example of a lion who had disrespected his own pride. Shui wouldn't go on to point out that the pride he spoke of actively enslaved those that their gods didn't approve of, and there's wasn't simply a matter of birth, it was more a matter of luck!

"You won't be missed," he stated to Cubozoa and returned his gaze to Tapiwa. It was the truth as well, Shui wouldn't cry for those who chose to leave on this occasion, it was their right to do so... But nor would he excuse what they had chosen to do. If he was to punish the females then he had no qualms about enforcing those same standards on the males.

"I do however wish you luck in your endeavours, perhaps the mother will welcome you with open paws and you will find happiness in a pride you feel fits your needs better." he added before returning his attention to the sandy lion.

"Is this a suitable answer for you?" he asked softly. "Your concern that we would fixate on one gender has now been allayed. The same expectations are placed on every one of us."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:29 pm
Tapiwa nodded his head the rules were clearly harsh and it was clear that many lions and lionesses would be leaving the pride. Tapiwa knew that this was crazy but he had decided to live here and he would be staying to watch how things shook out in Bahari'mtoto. He turned back to Shui and asked: "Are you not worried that some of your long-standing members divided on this issue might stand against you not just leave?"  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:54 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

"Thank you for clearing that up. I appreciate that." The silver and rainbow male said towards their new king. Lit let out a sigh of relief, he was so happy to hear that his mother wouldn't be going anywhere.

Looking at his mate he couldn't help but give her a small bump of the head, a purr coming out of his throat as he did so. While there were families being split up he was happy to know that his wasn't one of them.

"What do you think of all this?" He whispered to her.
SilverLutz

Ezili looked at her brother, "Did you hear that mother won't have to go anywhere."

KasaiLoki

User ImageUser Image

Aza spoke up, she was newer to the pride but her mother and father were both well known and she felt with this male's words she needed to say something.

"If anyone so chose to stand against him they'd be standing against the rest of us that follow the rules laid down within these pride's lands." While she wasn't a hard traditionalist she strongly believed in what he was saying, even if it was causing some fuss within the pride. Yes it was splitting up families but at the same time you reap what you sow and not all of the females that had given birth to rogue born children had to be cast out.

"The Kizi and it's members are well known to many of us and the fact they are being given a chance to go live with friends should be seen as a blessing instead of being cast out into the rogue lands without shelter or aid." She stared with a cool gaze towards Tapiwa and the few others that seemed to think Shui was a tyrant.

"I believe completely that the words spoken by our King are more than fair and generous." Looking around the pride the exceptionally large lioness took her seat once more next to pili.

Midnightglow18

Epine de Rose

"I let myself get away there didn't I." Giving pili a small nudge the other female gave a shrug. "I think what you said needed to be heard, there are those of us within the pride that are more than willing to fight for our current leader or leaders." Though if he was to become truly tyrannical she would have to discuss with Dab their future here, not that she had anything to worry about.  
[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff