Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[META] The Ba'Ushufo - Rites of Passage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:48 pm
Lit was glad to see his mate taking it so well, though his heart did ache for her. Her father had died a truly noble death and no more could have been asked for than that. He had truly done wonderful things for the pride and his family and would forever be remembered. Giving her a nuzzle back he looked at the other members of the pride that had decided to join in the festivities. "Everyone is growing up so quickly." He was looking towards his younger siblings who were starting to show the first signs of adolescence.

- - - - - - - - -

She looked at her mate and gave a nod of her head. His words were true and she tried to find some comfort in that. A familiar voice cut through the air and she looked upon her brother and she couldn't help but feel her heart swell, it had seemed so long since she had seen him. "Dab, This is my brother Opochtli, you've not met yet. Brother this is Dabadye, my mate." Her worries about the tragedy that had taken place in the pride on hold for now while she introduced her brother and her mate. "It has been a long time brother, I see you are looking well."

- - - - - - - - -

"I really think you need someone to talk to." She commented as a statement, not a question. The grief she must be going through was only imaginable to the large female, and while she was much larger than her she knew given the rage she must be keeping at bay would be enough to do some damage if she pushed her too far too soon. She needed to release everything she was holding in though and she wanted to help her, even if she ended up hurt in the process. "Why not come out and join your children?" She offered.

SilverLutz
had to fix something

Nkan smiled at her, "Faatina, it's nice to meet you." He enjoyed his visits to the Bahari a great deal and he looked towards the sky and glanced around. "You're not going to go into the water?" It was likely she'd already done this a long time ago but the cool refreshing liquid looked quite inviting. He'd likely stay upon the shore himself.
Ruler of Everything

Cheveyo watched as his mate walked into the sea, cubs in toe. He sat down and couldn't help but beam with pride as he watched.

Enzili slowly walked into the water after her mother and looked back at her silver brother, who finally joined them a little bit as well. "The water feels nice doesn't it?" She asked him with a bright smile.

Syrius Lionwing
sorry had to fix something

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Tapiwa looked at the female riding the waves, he was in wonder that these lions weren't afraid of the sea he had never gone into the water like this before. He had swum across rivers before. This was a whole new level of swimming. The lions and lionesses of this pride showed no fear as they moved seamlessly through the water. He waited on the shore for her to come so perhaps he could talk with her and learn the ways of her pride. She was clearly comfortable with this world that he had no idea about. This pride was certainly a nice place and he couldn't help but wonder if it was a place where he might want to stay. Then again there were many prides across the land so who knew what life would deal to him.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Midnightglow18 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Asha watched the members of the pride going into the water, she decided to finally try as well. She went into the water and copied the movement of a lion that was swimming nearby. She went under the water. It felt different from the way her fur felt when she crossed the river where her home once was. She let the sea surround her and felt the movement of the water. She wasn't sure what it all meant but she was alright and she wasn't afraid it felt nice. She came up from the water and looked around at the others around her. She breathed in the salty air, feeling a little better after the things that had happened lately.

(Open for interaction)  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:10 am
The rolling waves around her dropped her steadily on the shoreline, before pulling back without her. Anya hummed happily as she just took in the feel of the warm sun and lapping water.

Finally, with a wide stretch, the lioness stood and began making her way onto dryer land. Sand stuck to her feet and belly as she walked, but she paid no mind to it. It was a normal occurrence around here anyway. With a less than graceful flop, she rested her chin in the sand with a content sigh. Today was a good day.

At that point, she glanced around her and then paused as she noticed someone looking towards her. He didn't look familiar. Someone stopping by for the festivities, perhaps? Nonetheless, she smiled brightly back at him. "Hello."

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 am
MangoMeow

Tapiwa gave the female a confident smiled in return to her greeting and said "Hello, I'm Tapiwa a visitor to your pride." He looked around at the lions and lionesses and the sea and the light playing on the water. "So what is this festival about?" He asked her in a curious tone. He knew nothing of her people and this swimming thing was curious indeed. He didn't know of any other pride that loved the water as much as these lions. Their coats and fur were very different from your average lion. He looked out at the water wondering if he could handle the waves, or if he would make a fool of himself if he tried.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:42 pm
User Image He hadn't seen the ocean before. Not until now. The large lion drank in the sight, eyes closing against the light breeze as he inhaled the salty scent. He had heard stories, of course. Plenty of them. Stories were what led him to the beach with little idea of what to do after. He had overheard the commotion since arriving; a ritual was taking place upon that day and he could choose whether or not to partake in it. He wanted to, but for the moment he was busy embracing the strange new sights and smells on top of the fact he hadn't been around other lions in ages. His travels had taken him far, and most often apart from those of his own kind. It was almost as if he was searching for something, but he couldn't pinpoint what.

A home?
A mate?
Family?

Or was it simply a desire to experience the world? He hadn't figured the answer yet, and a part of him considered if he hadn't then maybe he never would. Either way, his searching had brought him to this beach. This lovely and bustling beach. His paws stretched against the sand, nails digging into it as he felt the warm material slip over each pad. Could he even swim? He grimaced visibly at the realization that he was not only unsure if he could, but he would look like a giant bumbling oaf if he couldn't.

Maybe the water could wait another minute or five.

(( OCC:// Talib is up for any and all interactions! Literally just quote me with a response and he's all yours! ))

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:07 am
"I'm Anya. Welcome to the Bahari'mtoto, and," she paused to turn and look out at the ocean again, observing as a few more ventured forth into the waves. "This is the Ba'Ushufo."

Anya curled her paws underneath her stomach, "It's a rite of passage for younglings and newcomers to venture into the water. This time of year is when the ocean is at it's calmest, so it's a perfect time to see whether the sea favors you. If it guides you peacefully through the water, it does." She giggled, "Though some use it more as an excuse to go swimming. It's fun to let the waves take you where they please."

The lioness turned back to Tapiwa, "Do you want to give it a shot? Rogues are more than welcome to do so."

Midnightglow18

Midnightglow18 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:28 pm
MangoMeow

Tapiwa smiled at Anya and then said "Nice to meet you." He looked around her home and to the sea. He still wondered how well he would do swimming in water like this but it was worth a try. "That sounds like fun, I normally only swim in rivers, so this will be my first time in water like this." He gestured his paw out at the sea. "You are an amazing swimmer Anya." He said complimenting her. Then he looked out at the water and started towards the water to see what the sea thought of him. The sea felt alright but it didn't feel like it was the perfect fit for him. He swam around a bit and looked back at the shore where Anya was laying on the sand.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:19 pm
Shio turned his paddling towards the shallows. He'd have all the time in the world to swim later but for now he wanted to celebrate with Kelpie. It had been a huge concern of hers to be accepted by the sea, to be seen as an adult, to find her place in the pride, and now she could finish the long journey that she had been on for so long. As his feet touched the sands he dragged himself out of the sea, laughing at how heavy he felt with the water saturating his mane.

"We did it," he said with another laugh of delight, shaking himself fully from head to tail to try to get some of the water back where it belonged. "Kelpie, we did it!"

Syrius Lionwing

---

Kawai turned her attention back to the sea, smiling at the cubs and adults alike that were taking their turn in the water. She saw her brother Shio emerge from the water delighted and laughing as well as a few other lions swimming around. The sea was kind today, gently rolling waves and just a bit of wind to ruffle the fur of those that remained on the land.

"Indeed. There's so many young ones here," she said with a fond sigh. "Aren't they adorable?"

---

Before Pili could respond, a new voice cut in, greeting her. Dab turned to the blue male with a friendly grin, easy-going as ever. He gave a little nod to the male in greeting as Pili introduced them, glad to finally meet one of her siblings.

"Nice t'meet ya," he said, tail bobbing behind him with delight. "Pili's never very forthcomin' with family matters. I think she's embarrassed about me," he said in a stage-whisper, clearly meant to be heard as he gave his mate a little wink to let her know he was teasing.

Ruler of Everything

---
All Aza got in reply was a vicious snarl as Hima made an aggressive lunge forward, ears pinned to her head, tail lashing, claws and teeth bared, muscles tense. The gap between them was small now but still the widow didn't attack. She had left marks on her children already and deep down didn't wish to cause them more pain, physical or emotional. It was best to let them enjoy the day while she kept her own poisonous, negative attitude to herself.

"Be gone," she snarled, eyes flashing in warning. "Before you regret coming back into the jungle."

AstoriaFallen

---

The pair made their way down the rocky outcropping, Ahe leading the way with Moana hot on his tail. There were so many lions in the water it was hard to pick who to watch, but from their vantage point it would be easy to hop in to help anyone that needed assistance. So far it seemed everyone was doing great, much to Moana's delight.

"Look at all the cubs!" she said excitedly. "They're doing so well!"

"Indeed," Ahe agreed, pleased to see the turn out for the event. To him the pride traditions were incredibly important and to see the younger generations carrying out the same rituals that he witnessed as a cub was heart warming. "The sea is very welcoming today, wouldn't you say?"

"Very," Moana agreed with a nod. "Some trial days it's stormy and rough and no one is welcomed...but there's days like today when the sea is so welcoming it's hard to fail."  
Midnightglow18 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Zuru had been traveling a long way and went straight for the water not noticing the other lions on the beach he was just looking for a way to cool down after his long journey. He felt pretty at home in the sea which was strange since he had never felt this comfortable anywhere. He looked around then at the other lions swimming in the sea. He closed his eyes just feeling the power and waves of the sea happy for the moment. He felt like he needed nothing else right now. Just him and the water.

----------------------

Asha was enjoying her time at the Baharimtoto Pride, she wasn't sure if this was the right fit for her for a home. She wanted a home badly. She was still sad that her attempt to revive her home had failed. There wasn't much that Asha could do about it if she couldn't get enough lions and leopards to protect the home tree it wouldn't be safe for anyone to live there any way including her. She swam in the waves then headed for the shore and flopped down in the sand. Breathing heavily since she wasn't used to swimming in the ocean.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:22 pm
Opochtli was glad for the introduction, as his memory failed him sometimes but he had been pretty sure of not meeting Pili's mate as of yet. Opo bobbed his head politely, grinning. "It's nice to meet you, too, Dabadye," he said, genuine as ever. At the joke, he let out a laugh. "Trust me, I think it's us she's hiding away. At least you've gotten to see her recently."

Turning back to Pili, he smiled once more. "And you look happy, as always. Glad to see it." It was wonderful to see his sister flourishing so - happy with a mate and all. While he was happy, he had found himself getting quite lonely lately. Distractedly, he started glancing about, scanning the thickening crowd. He quickly turned back to his sister and said, "Say, Pili, you wouldn't happen to have any single friends lying about, wouldya?"

At the male's inquiry, Faatina let out a girlish giggle. It had been many, many years since the time she'd partaken in the Ba'Ushufo - although she was sure he was simply making conversation. After all, who didn't love the water? "I prefer to leave it to the ones this day belongs to. Though I remember mine quite fondly." She smiled, glancing over at Nkan. "Do the Kizingo'Zaa have such a ceremony?" Although the two prides comingled quite often throughout the years, Faatina wasn't always the most social, and therefore didn't have all the information she'd wished to about the others. They were friendly and there was a reason they liaised so often, but that was about the sum of her information.

AstoriaFallen
Added Faatina~

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:42 pm
She laughed, "Well, thank you. I bet the Bahari who were born here are even more so than me though."

Anya gave a nod of encouragement, "I'm sure you'll do fine! The water is especially favorable to everyone today." She watched as he made his way over to the water, resting her head down on her paws and wondering if she could squeeze in a nap before the feast began.

Midnightglow18

MangoMeow

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 4:46 am
"I think...it might like her," Siarnaq concluded as he gazed down at the giggling feline. She might not have been able to sink beneath the surface for long, and it might have seemed like a refusal, but it had been a gentle enough deposit. Siarnaq wasn't aware that the young hybrid couldn't swim and if he had been aware then this would have further cemented his opinion - she'd have done well here if this had been her thing, but as a passing visitor, she had merely been welcomed with open arms.

"You reckon?" Ijiraq smiled wryly as she strode passed her brother and in to the ocean to conduct her own rite. She had the same confident swagger that she often did, one she'd no doubt inherited from her mother, and it wasn't long before she had submerged herselves within the depths. Unlike Siarnaq however, it didn't appear that she'd be coming up quite as quickly.

...That didn't mean she'd failed though.

"So where are you from anyway?" Siarnaq ask with unabashed curiosity. If there was one thing Krisis's children could be recognised for, it was their ability to ask exactly what they were thinking. No doubt they were open to having very little tact and voicing opinions that were unwelcome too, but Meera was fortunate enough not to be subjected to that!

"You're definitely not from here anyway..."

MangoMeow

"Our parents taught us exactly what we need to know," Kvasi replied smoothly, nodding up towards the pink lioness who had parked herself beside Solomon to oversee proceedings. Zephyranthes hadn't made any attempts to come closer to the water as it was already a hive of activity, but she would undoubtably be as hawkeyed as ever.

"And you would be remiss to insult her," Kvasi added as he lifted a brow. He might have come off a touch arrogant, but Zephyranthes had always been firm in her views. Her children were allowed to speak their minds and so long as these words were something they could back up with reason, then she would support them. Insulting his mother would certainly do Liviyathan no favours, particularly based on what her other children were and who his mother was.

...Insulting those of higher rank wasn't the smartest move one could make.

"However if you would like to claim my mother is a terrible one I can certainly wave her over and you can say it to her face," he added.

"Kvasi..." Raziel murmured and shook his head warningly. He could appreciate that Zephyranthes would most certainly put Liviyathan back in her box for running her mouth, simply because the two boys had made an observation that most had probably made silently, but this was a confrontation and a controversy that would have been ill timed in the given circumstances.

"What? She has an issue with us pointing out she raised a child who's afraid of his own home?" Kvasi shook his head. "I'll acknowledge the sea embraced him but even now he cowers under her legs. If that isn't disrespect towards the entity that gives us life then I don't know what is."

"He's a kid."

"Then let him eat red meat and starve when the migrating beasts move on. The sea feeds him and he sees a need to be petrified of it," he snorted and shook his head. "If he's so frightened of it then perhaps he should consider leaving for firmer land away from the ocean where he's less likely to spit in the face of the one thing that has sustained us."

"Kvasi..."

"And more to the point, perhaps a whore who can't keep her legs shut should stop preaching about traditions and mythos when she can't even respect the very please she comes from as well," Kvasi rounded upon Liviyathan with a dark stare; yes, her new cubs might be legitimate but the rest certainly hadn't been and he had decided to go where the traditionalists had been warned not to tread.

"And this is where I intervene," Another voice intervened as Huo strode towards them, raising a questioning brow towards the two males. "Congratulations on your Rites, might I suggest you enjoy the festivities elsewhere?" Huo's words were not a request, they were an order and quite frankly Raziel looked incredibly relieved by the royal lion's intervention. Kvasi knew better than to argue on this occasion, and with only a slight nudge from Raziel, they both moved away from the lioness and her young cub.

"And congratulations on your Rite as well," The firey lion remarked as he gazed towards the young cub. "Though perhaps you should consider their words in time, if you are truly so frightened of the very thing that allows you to eat, then you will need to have a long talk with yourself some day." He advised. He acknowledged that the cub was far too young to be dwelling on something quite so deep at the moment, but if that fear did continue into adult life then he truly had no place here.

How Liviyathan chose to raise her children though, was entirely up to herself and Huo wouldn't dare offer advice on that. He had no cubs of his own, but he did have to wonder why she had allowed that fear to exist and continue, particularly in light of who they were. He might understand if he had children of his own some day, but for now her child was an anomaly and in later life, his inability to provide anything of use to the pride would be a problem... particularly if he kept disrespecting their life blood!

"Fortunately you can go back to playing with your siblings away from the shore," he motioned with his paw towards the inner regions of the pride where the feast was always prepared and should have been ready by now. It was then that he turned towards Liviyathan and lowered his voice, while Shui was indisposed it seemed that Huo had to take the lead on clamping down on unnecessary conflict.

"And might I suggest you consider your age in future, we are all entitled to our opinions but debasing another member of the pride simply because you are offended on behalf of your cub is not acceptable," he muttered and shook his head. "Rise above it in future, if you fail to do that, you simply reinforce the opinions others may have," he warned.

There were already murmurings, all of which were supersitious, surrounding the death of his father and unfortunately for Liviyathan, those who had been so free and liberal with their bodies were directly in the firing line. Even Huo could recognise that there was a very real possibility that the hostility towards the rogue born threatened to resurface and this time his father wasn't there to bury it again...

Those who didn't respect the sea and had b*****d children brought doom upon the land after all; wasn't that how those stories had always gone?

Syrius Lionwing

Lightning Shadow X

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:30 am
MangoMeow

Tapiwa grinned at Anya after his first swim in the ocean "You were right that was great." He said softly since she seemed to be relaxing. He laid down next to her. Looking out at the ocean laying his head down on his paws and considering if he wanted to ask if he could stay with the pride. This felt like a good place to put down roots.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:05 am
Once her laughing fit finally subsided, Meera rolled over onto her stomach and watched as Ijiraq made her way to the water's edge. Looks like she was about to have a go now, and the cheeton smiled and waved a paw as the lioness passed her.

At Siarnaq's question, she turned her head back towards him. "Oh! I'm a rogue, born and raised, though it was out in a savanna. I've always wanted to see the ocean!"

She paused, "I stayed in the Pridelands for a little while too, to visit my dad, but that wasn't all that different from where I grew up."

Meera shook herself out, water flying everywhere, and then made her way closer to him. She plopped herself down in the sand, playing with the grains between her toes, before turning back to him, "Is it always so nice here?"

Epine de Rose

-----------

Anya smiled at him as she settled down next to her, "I'm glad you liked it!" She sighed, closing her eyes contentedly. She wondered what the future would hold, what with everything that happened with the king. She hoped this place would stay a paradise to all.

Midnightglow18

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces