Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 am

Sabina, not inclined to jump to her Weyrhold's defense, listened to the outrage expressed by rider and dragon both. It was true, the loss of dragonets was infinitely worse than that of whers or felines. "They did not 'cull' them. About half of them killed each other, or were killed by the larger colors. They died. And that was considered normal, and called 'culling'. And was... disturbing, to both Keziath and me." And learning that his clutch had been thought to be violent, well. It certainly put things into perspective.

"Coming here has showed me that that isn't normal. Whatever they're doing, they're doing it wrong." She did not stop oiling Vedmath's hide, aware that he needed every patch to be smoothed. I don't think so. We haven't met anyone else from our Weyrhold. Most of them seemed... happy. Content with their lot. As Sabina and Keziath most certainly were not. Who should we tell? Can they do anything?

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:08 pm
Dezerac was not a particularly reactive or emotive person by any means, and beyond that, there weren't very many things that truly got under his skin and bothered him to any significant extent. And when something did, well, he was almost as bothered by that as he was about whatever had bothered him in the first place. It was...an inconvenience. He reined his expression back to its usual schooled state, but disdain lingered in his tone. "That is disturbing," he agreed. Dragons were vital, and to allow hatchlings to kill their clutchmates - let alone half of them - and call it normal was horrific. "That's barbaric."

He'd seen and done his fair share of things that others might apply the same term to, but he wasn't often inclined to use it himself. He'd developed a fairly high tolereance, but...he had his limits.

Perhaps they simply didn't know any better. Vedmath shifted his weight restlessly, but was still mindful of His and Keziath's. I do not know for certain if anyone can do anything, or what, but the only way to find out is to try. The Weyrleader, maybe? Was this something that could be dealt with through official channels? The young bronze was uncomfortably uncertain.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 pm

"Anyway," Sabina said, deciding that the topic had become far too heavy for comfort, "That's why we came here. Land of lessons and baby dragons, and equality for all. Or at least that's how they're selling it." Personally, the rider wasn't too convinced of that, considering the sheer number of shiny bodies at the top. It really made one wonder, didn't it? "Then we found out about your boy's clutch, and here we are."

Into the quiet of Sabina's mind, Keziath's words came through clearly. Should I stop? I am sorry, I did not mean to be serious.

No, dear heart. You're fine. He's fine. No one is upset.

Well, that may not have been strictly true, but it was close enough that Sabina shrugged it off. Rolling her shoulders, she set about to the task at hand. "He must be going through a growth spurt. You don't seem the type of man to shirk oiling duty." Or any other kind of duty, for that matter, but then again... "Still say that there's a job waiting for you in the courtesan business. Maybe if you were to combine elements of pit fighter and courtesan..." There was where the marks really could be made.

I will ask the Weyrleader, then. Maybe he won't mind hearing about it. Keziath burrowed a little under the sand again, finding its presence to be more than a little soothing.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:53 pm
"No shortage of lessons or baby dragons, that's for sure." Dezerac accepted the change in topic, although it had certainly left a bad taste in his mouth, and had deeply disturbed Vedmath, but the disquiet in his dragon didn't concern him. The bronze was more than capable of handling it, though he did suspect he wouldn't let it go...ever. It would remain as an example of how terrible the world could be, how dangerous power was in the wrong hands.

"I think the entirety of the last five months has been a growth spurt." He surveyed their work thus far, the exceptionally shiny hide of a freshly-oiled bronze. He really was a fine dragon - not that he was biased. "There's always rest days," he speculated, "Assuming our future wingleader isn't alarmed when we come back from them looking worse."

It is worth a try. Watching her burrow into the sand made his hearts ache, and were he not being oiled, he'd have nestled up to her to offer comfort. As it was, nuzzles were the best he could do at the moment. We do not have to talk more about it, if it makes you sad.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:24 am

"He's a big boy," Sabina remarked, scratching affectionately beneath Vedmath's chin. What a sweet boy, indeed. She was more than fond of the Bronze, who had swiftly become Keziath's best friend. He was like that. Wanted to be a hero for anyone who needed it. Sabina couldn't deny that Kezia did.

She gave a little snort, leaning down to dip her cloth in more oil and... promptly falling right on her butt. Such a dancer! Ha! "If you come back looking worse, at least you'll be feeling better. Economically, anyway."

I am... Not sad. Just. Glad to be here instead, Keziath said, emerging from the sand a bit so that she could better nuzzle Vedmath. You are a good friend.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:27 pm
A very, very big boy indeed, with no shortage of growing still ahead of him. The sheer amount of oil they went through was ridiculous, and the time spent applying it...! All worth it, of course, without question, but staggering when added up, and months more of it to go! And ever more dragon all the time. Though he was never one to object to hard work, Dezerac did look forward to the day his bondmate was fullgrown and no longer needed such frequent oilings. Granted, their time would be filled with much more dangerous tasks, but that was a trade he and Vedmath were both more than willing to make.

The bronze rumbled contentedly when scratched under the chin, breathing out a sigh. And then she leaned down and...whump. Whoops! He whuffled gently at her bright hair for a moment before nuzzling again at Keziath, tail snaking haphazard patterns in the sand behind him.I am glad you are here, too. It is better here, and I hope that you will be happy.

She deserved that, after everything she had been through.

Dezerac shook his head, one corner of his mouth twitching up ever so slightly, and moved to offer the greenrider a hand. "And feeling better economically can soothe any number of aches."

Mr Cheri

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out