Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Spooky Clutch Weyrlings] Fly So High! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Uta rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:28 am
Gotta get Loreleth up there...  
Smerdle rolled 1 8-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-8)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:04 pm
Mirth tickled Aleyath's mind at his sister's trademark howl, and he faltered once again. He was quicker to right himself this time, and as his rider sent him a burst of encouragement, the brown did a bit of a fancy twirl in the air, delighted that he didn't drop out of the sky.

Quote:
3. You're high up, but you're second guessing yourself. You flap when you're not supposed to, and you're gliding a bit off-beat of the thermals. Flight sure isn't as easy as your older kin make it look!

Smerdle

Scamp

stella cinere rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:27 am
Mine I don’t know… The tail continued to wiggle back and forth as the green eyes watched as her mates managed to each take off find their way into the skies. A few sent their encouraging words for her to come join them as they circled around. There were only a few of them left on the ground and the nerves were slowly leaking in little by little as she looked back at her rider.

“You can do it, don’t worry we will try all day until you get up into the sky.” There was a large grin on his face as he leaned to press his cheek against her neck to reassure her. “Just think about all the fun we will have when we figure it out.”

She gave a little chirp as A’te moved away to give her enough space to try again. A few jumps and a leap and still nothing as the green started to whine. “No fair, Dokkaeth wants to play too…”  
TheWishling rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:40 am
Brancath is a Motivated Weyrling.
4. Still nothing. This time you gave a running start, but though you flapped, your downstroke must not have been hard enough. Though it was a solid leap, you don't make flight.

Isilje was wrapped in her scarf and goggles, her long sleeves made of lighter fabric to account for the warmth of the beach and the brightness of the sunlight. The small albino was watching her White, the tiny dragon that had grown already so much. She could see that Brancath was ready for this, almost in a way that she wanted to show off, to out-shine her brothers. The White's lacy wings fluttered, her head raising as they listened to the commotion around them. Come, mine. I tell you day in and out that we are going to be deligthful. Doubt me not. Moving her head to nuzzle under her beloved's hand, Brancath watched the other dragons around them, before spreading her wings and trying to launch in to the air. The first attempt was a fail, one that got a low rumble of frustration. Isilje moved to her, stroking gently at her headknobs, "It's okay...You can do it."  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
stella cinere rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:58 am
Dokkaeth is a Motivated Dragon

The green dragon paced back and forth looking up at the others another whined before taking a few steps back and giving a running start. There was a few good flaps, feet gliding on the ground but yet still not enough to be airborne.  
TheWishling rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:05 am
Brancath is a Motivated Weyrling.

Nothing happened. You jumped, you flapped, and you find yourself with all four legs on the ground. Hmm, maybe you didn't quite do it right.

The tiny white bugled her irritation as she failed liftoff yet again, straining small wings.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:08 am

It was becoming a little frustrating, even A’te could feel it as Dokkaeth gave another running jump only to remain close to the ground.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:10 am

This was becoming less and less fun to Dokkaeth, she wanted to join the rest of her clutch mates, join in the rest of the fun.  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:13 am

This was no fun at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:15 am

This was no fun at all seriously.  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

stella cinere rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:18 am

This was no fun at all seriously.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:20 am
((Auto flying ahaha))

Finally, a few more leaps, a few more jumps, and a few more running starts and the green was finally up in the sky her body wobbling a little as it tried to adjust to the new found sensation.

MINE MINE I’M DOING IT, I’M FLYING YES? YOU SEE YOU SEE!] There happy noises, chirps and rather excited warbles at finally being able to join the rest of the her clutch mates.

I CAN PLAY PLAY YES!  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

TheWishling rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:43 am
Brancath is a Motivated weyrling.

Again, failure. Isilje could feel her dragonet's absolute rage, feel her tail lashing back and forth without looking. Moving to the small one's side, she shook her head, "Try again."  
TheWishling rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:45 am
Brancath is a motivated weyrling
Confidence suits you! : Some of your siblings might not be sure about this flying thing, but you take to the sky with ease. You manage to leap high and your downstroke is sure. You find yourself airborne without a hitch or stumble!

It was the fourth attempt that proved her ability. The small white took a deep breath, as Isilje sat behind her creature. Lithe fingers brushed a head, lips pressing carefully to a knob, and Brancath let out a loud trumpet as she backed up a slight bit, spread her wings, and took off in the midst of her clutchmates. There was a sense of pride swelling the girl's breast, Isilje feeling an amazed thrill within her. Ah, to see the soft white hide in the air, it did her well, fingers gently pressed to her stomach as she paced slightly on the beach.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 pm
Suwayeth is a motivated weyrling!

6 : You manage to make it off the ground, but in your confidence, you didn't account for the shore breezes, and one of them throws you off-balance and back down on the ground. Ouch! Good thing the sand doesn't hurt...much.

A moment where Suwayeth suddenly wished she could stop growing.... Why? Because she could no longer remotely hide behind her rider. "It will be fine, my beauty." Kieza said, letting her voice sound as assured as she could get it to as they continued to watch the other weyrlings practice their takeoffs and flight. But the girl could not hide the very real feeling of abundant nerves that she was feeling for her dragon. "Just remember... Soon we can finally fly together. And maybe have a moment to ourselves up there in the quiet clouds." Suwayeth's wedge head tilted slightly to the side as she thought about this notion, and with a content snort lightly pressed her soft forehead against the front of Kieza's shirt. The girl took the cue and scratched the dragon's eyeridges. I do like the sound of that, KiezaMine. You've been taking such good care of me that I know I can do this! The light and dark green dragon let out a croon as Kieza gave Suwayeth a kiss on her nose before stepping back to where the others gathered. "You can do this!" She shouted encouragingly.

The girl did find her nerves creeping in as she watched Suwayeth from afar, her gaze wide. She had been babying Suwayeth as far as her wings went since her Hatching, at least until the green made it abundantly clear that she was alright. But it never stopped the girl from worrying.

I am fine, my darling.

Calm edged in on her worrying as Suwayeth mentally gathered her up in her thoughts. And then confidence filled in as Suwayeth watched her siblings. If they could do it, she most certainly could.

Letting out a bugle, Suwayeth flapped her wings, feeling herself slowly, slowly lifting as she did so. A feeling of pride washed over her, feeling Kieza's gaze on her. It was only in this blind pride that she lost her focus, one wing dipping just enough to be caught by a stray gust of wind. It sent her unceremoniously into the ground and she landed with a whumpf! on her side. Great. Just great.

Kieza covered her mouth with her hands and struggled to keep from running to her dragon, especially when a plaintive plea pinned her in place.

I can and will do this!  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces