Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [OOC] Player-run Events
Giveaway Raffle/RP - God and a Large Purge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

laefe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:03 pm
Should be updated to this point I think. Point out to me if I messed anyone's raffle ticket, I'm doing this mobile.

NovaCracker

Hey Nova! I entered you in for Kwi, fingers crossed for Mira!

Syrius Lionwing

I'm so glad you're still around! *Hugs* And poor Colche! I hope she ends up as a goddess! ;;

Meepfur

Absolutely! heart I also wanted to see if I could message you or Mkodi with a question about a couple other SoA that I can't find certs for to make sure it's okay to even give them away. ^^;;; If that would be alright?

Ecavi

Thank you so much! That helps a ton, I'll update those with that information as soon as I'm able. Also, awwww. ;; Poor lioness.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:21 pm
Could I enter for all of them please? Um... List:

Khepri
Artemis
Isitini
Sioda
Chau
Paki
Wakhakwi
Shusui
Inzondo-mnyama
Lapis
Pya
Temari
Kizaki
Raffaele
Realta

Thank you for the chance to win one of these pretties! I'm working on an entry for Athrun tooooo....

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:31 pm
To Soothe a Lonely Soul

Username: Peppermint Coffee
# of Gods you currently have: 3
Entry:
He met her once before. She'd been dreaming, this daughter of a god. She was lost, so lonely since she could remember. Parents forgot her, she was raised by an old lioness who died just before this female reached adulthood.

He was on the Mountain, which meant this soul was truely just that, a soul. She walked up to him, confusion in her eyes at who she spotted. This... young looking male god with this sad expression. "Who are you?" Her voice was demanding, though shaky.

"Athrun," he whispered to her, keeping his eyes trained on hers. He let his gentle nature surround her, his wings folded neatly against his back. They fidgeted now and then, brushing over his necklace, and rustling his earrings if he wasn't careful. "God of Loneliness. I remember you, little one. You ..." He sighed at her angry expression. He expected that. Blue eyes darkened with further sadness.

"So it's you who cursed my life? I know that I'm dead. I've seen this day... I just didn't know who you were! Why me?" She got in his face, but he stood his ground. The god didn't seem phased. She couldn't hurt him, all she could do was scream at him, unleash her anger. "I had love, and I was still lonely! He ...He just.." She growled, trying to swipe a unsheathed clawed paw at his face. It passed right through him and she felt her anger grow even more. "Why me?"

"I'm sorry, little one. I don't pick who's lonely. It doesn't work that way. I exist because loneliness does... I wish I could have taken it all back." He felt his heart breaking all over again. For her life, for his own. Athrun couldn't seem to heal from his past.

He let this female unleash all her fury at him. She talked about everything in her life. About her first memories, alone in the plains. But she also thought about those few times she wasn't alone. She cherished those moments. He watched her cry and sob in sorrow, working her way through truly accepting her death. He let her swipe at him, let her curse him until she was left exhausted and drained. Somehow she'd found her way to acceptance. Athrun never said anything back to her. She'd come to this on her own.

"...May you find everything you want in your next life. May we never cross paths..." He moved to the side, letting her climb up the rest of the mountain.

There was really nothing either of them could say or do to change what happened. His existence cursed hers, and he felt another little piece of his heart numb toward the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:48 pm
Laaaaaeeeefe heart

I'd like to enter for the following raffles:

Sioda
Shusui
Izondo-mnyama
Lapis

To Soothe a Lonely Soul

Username: Andranis
# of Gods you currently have: 2 - BTW Athrun's an uncle if they're still brothers post-rebirth?
Entry: The lion before him was not something Athrun was used to. It wasn't the strange red and black markings on a pale coat, that wasn't unusual. It was his entire demeaner. "Let me see if I understand this.. You're lonely, but don't want to seek out the permanent company of others... So you can tell animals about making new beginnings?"

The mortal lion shrugged, sitting down, "Yes, that sums it up." He let out a sigh, looking off to the side. "I DO crave company... But I also feel the deep-rooted need to spread the word about new beginnings to others."

"Okay..." Walking a circle around the lion, Athrun ruffled his wings slightly, "You should perhaps take somebody with you, then. So you're not so lonely."

"Yes, that's the obvious answer, isn't it? But would others want to travel with me?"

The god paused, looking at the lion for a moment. Finally he said, "You won't know until you ask. The worst they can say is no. Maybe start with a bird, they're nice and small and easy to travel with." Or, most were. "Or maybe a snake, easily transported around your neck."

Ruminating for a moment, the lion nodded, "Yes, those ARE good ideas. Thank you, o lonely one." He rose again to his paws, giving a bow to the god. "I hope you find your own good path. You said you were reborn somewhat recently, that is a wonderous opportunity for a new beginning, new connections to others, and to find new joys in life."

Athrun only chuckled, then turned and took to the air, flying away.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:20 am
Yes I lives *hugs*

She was really old and all her babes are grown. I’m sure she will one day ^^!

Siyasura (lapis’ mother) is still around too if who ever gets her wants to be hanging around with her mother.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:52 am
It's really sweet of you to rehome your characters. I don't think we ever had the chance to meet. ;.;

I'd like to enter for the following:
Khepri, Artemis, Isitini, Sioda, Chau, Wakhakwi, Shusui, Inzondo-mnyama, Lapis, Pya, Temari, Kizaki  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:14 am
I'd like to enter for Temari, Kizaki, and Raffaele <3  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:15 pm
I'd love to enter for all of your raffle SoA please. <3
You're a sweetie for giving all your SoA away!

List:
Khepri
Inzondo-mnyama
Raffaele
Shusui
Paki
Sioda
Artemis
Chau
Lapis
Pya
Wakhakwi
Isitini
Temari
Kizaki
Realta

Lady Kitania

Magical Spirit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:39 pm
To Soothe a Lonely Soul

Username: Krysin
# of Gods you currently have: 4
Entry:
He had met her what now felt like ages ago. Back then she had been a wandering, wasting thing, the spark of life growing dimmer with each passing day. For a while he would watch her, a lone lioness barely in the midst of adolescence. First he had merely been curious to see how she dealt with her crippling loneliness. He did not know her story, but he had seen many like her, all alone in the world with none to claim as kin. Solitude was a terrible companion, and he had witnessed the light in her eyes fade, that will to live dwindle into barely a flicker of flame.

Athrun had come to her then, though he wasn't sure if it was just to act as a witness to her solitude, or to offer her something to cling on to. She had been pretty underneath the dirt and grime. The sunken ribs and knobbled back were a sign of how far she had gone. Perhaps he had watched too long, detached himself from what was happening around him. She was just another mortal among so many. Their lives came and went in what was but a blink of the eye to a god. But he could not bare it, in what should have been her final moments, to let her go.

Weak and wimpering, he sat by her side, offering not a word but the comfort of his presence. She felt no fear - he gave her no reason to. For a moment he could have been a spectre of death, and she waited to see if he would claim her.

He did not.

They had sat for ages in silence under the night sky, and when words finally shattered the still air around them, it was from her. She spoke not of her woes or her grievances with her life, but rather what she had wanted to do with it. There seemed to be so much more that she needed to achieve with her life, but she no longer had the strength of will to do so. As the conversation moved, that spark began to ignite again. The memory of all she yearned to be became vivid and clear.

He had left her when day broke. Though he had said little, she had changed. He felt it in her.

Throughout the years he found himself drawn back to the lone lioness. He knew when to come for her. She grew and matured and became beautiful, but loneliness was a terrible companion. No cubs, no mate. Just Athrun. At times these things would wear her down, make her beautiful resolve crumble. He had to come back, to help put back together those pieces. Over time he opened up to her too, spoke more, but only when she wanted to hear what he had to say.

He had grown very fond of her by the time he last visited her alive. Her time was long overdue, but she had been a fighter throughout those many years. The lioness laid resting underneath a baobob tree, an uncanny reflection of the creature he had first met. Time had taken away all that it had given to that beautiful creature. Athrun sat beside her, his white pelt a beacon in the night. At her weakest point, she welcomed his company. This time there were no words, no soft whispers of comfort and of lives that were yet to be.

This was the end.

It tore him up.

He did not meet her for a final farewell before her spirit before she walked through those golden gates to heaven. They had already said all that needed to be said to one another ages ago, during that very first night he met her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:46 pm
I would like to enter for some things if that's alright! <3

Sioda, Chau, Paki, Wakhakwi, Shusui, Lapis, Pya, Kizaki, and Raffaele

Polette
Crew

laefe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:22 pm
Everything should be updated again. Haha.

Khepri was taken down, I was always hoping that Syr would want her so that's why I warned everyone upfront. I have a few more I'm waiting on an answer for, but ifbit all pans out there'll be some surprises to make up for it. Thanks everyone for showing such an interest in my beloved memories. ;; heart I can't tell you how much it means to me!

Also sorry for any quote spams! It's been a long time since I've done anything like this. Shouldn't have that problem anymore.

Andranis

*Hug* I think they should be? I mean, they're both gods. lol I hope you plot with him if you win, or with whomever does!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:48 pm
To Soothe a Lonely Soul

Username: AgeofTwilight
# of Gods you currently have: 0
Entry:

Athrun had long since traveled the mortal plane, even in his reborn body. Now, in fact, he travels it with more purpose. He is there to assist others who suffers from his domain and to assure them that all is not as grim as they suspect. On this particular day, he was roaming through the rogue lands among tall grasses. Eventually he comes upon a small clearing and within it, a cub sits. The aura around the young cub is so strong, he seems to be imprisoned by their own loneliness. Athrun is very familiar with this feeling. He is the God of Loneliness after all. He approaches the isolated male cub, who seems to be too focused on themselves to notice Athrun coming towards them.

“Excuse me..” Athrun softly projects. This gets the young cubs attention, he turns around and faces Athrun.

“What do you want?” The young one grunts, annoyed that he got interrupted.

“I was just passing by and I noticed you here all alone, I wanted to come see if you were ok?” Athrun asks. He was still trying to fully assess the cubs situation, though even without fully knowing, he knew that his assistance was needed.

“Why does it matter to you? You don’t know me, you don’t know ANYTHING about me. Did my parents ask you to do this?” The young one was clearly getting angry at this point, though Athrun knew that he mustn’t change his method.

“It matters greatly. If not to me, then definitely to your parents. I don’t know who your parents are, but if you feel like they would send someone to you, then they must understand something is wrong, and care about you greatly.” Athrun stated. The young cub turns their back to him, but is clearly still paying attention. “Like I said, I am just passing by, you might not see me again but for this moment, I am here. I am here to help you and listen to what’s bothering you. So please, won't you please tell me what’s happening?”

“There’s no point.. You wouldn’t understand..” The cub trails off. He wants to tell Athrun, he wants to tell someone, but it hurts... He doesn’t want to be told off for feeling the way that he does. He don’t want to bother anyone else with his problems, so he would rather just sit and sulk by himself, no matter how painful it gets, to keep his feelings submerged.

“Try me. I have been told I am a good listener and in any case, I may be able to answer a few questions you may have.” Athrun says, now sitting down next to the young one. “What’s wrong young one? What is causing you to feel so dejected?"

“Have..have you ever felt lonely?” The young cub asks Athrun. Athrun didn’t answer, but he gave a simple nod. Of course Athrun knew loneliness, he knows it very well, more so than one could imagine. “See.. I have felt so alone, and like I have no one there for me at all and it hurts. It hurts so, so, so much. I just want to hide and disappear.. to die. I just.. I just don’t know what to do. It hurts so much.. It’s hard to explain. I have no one who loves me and no one cares about me. Nothing matters anymore...“ His thoughts and words were going everywhere, Athrun can tell this was severely troubling the cub. Now he knows why he was needed. This is why he is here. Athrun knows what loneliness is. He knows very well what it’s like to feel nothing, to have nothing, to feel like there is no point to go forward. But, because of this, Athrun never wants anyone to have to go through what he had to. He doesn’t want anyone else to be lonely or even think about wanting to end it all.

“I understand what you mean, honestly I really do. I am very familiar with loneliness, and how you are feeling. I have and still am dealing with it myself. It’s the worst. You want to die because you feel like nothing else matters, like you don’t matter and no one will ever miss you. You think if you just end it all, it won’t matter at all, that no one would care. That’s where you are wrong. I know times are tough and difficult and I know even the smallest things can bring you down.. But that doesn’t mean you should let it. You have people who care about you, you just don’t choose to accept it. “ The young cub looks quizzically at Athrun, “You have your parents. “ The cub rolls their eyes, “I understand you feel like they won’t understand, and they don’t actually care and they are just saying they do since they are your parents, but that’s not true. Believe me, it isn’t true. Your parents care about you the most in the world. You are everything to them, they would give up anything and everything if it meant they could be with you forever. You are their fire, their happiness. So you may think no one cares or that you don’t matter or that no one will miss you. That’s not true. I know it’s difficult to open up to others. I know, it hurts so much. You want to tell them what’s wrong, in the hopes that they can help you, but you don’t want to run the risk of them laughing at you or leaving you. I promise you, your parents aren’t like that. They are there for you to talk to. To ask questions to, to listen to you. Sure times can be difficult. Nothing is ever easy, there are so many things that could go wrong and ruin your day. I know you can and probably will be knocked down time and time again, but you must keep getting up. Always get back up. It can’t rain forever you know. Eventually things will start to shine and things will take a turn for the better. I promise. No matter how difficult it gets, it will always get better.” The young male is practically speechless, not once did he think that someone could so perfectly address their feelings, and ACTUALLY help them. His eyes shine and he leans a little closer to Athrun.

“I… I’ll try to start talking to my parents about things, but what about others?"
“Start slowly, continue your days as normal, take note of those who act friendly or kind to you. If someone reaches out to you, I know it can be scary and you might be scared of what could go wrong, but you still should let them help you. They are choosing to help you, they are the ones you will truly find solace with. Slowly over time, you might find the one to completely absolve you of your past, and once you do.. Nothing will ever be able to hurt you again.” Athrun stands up at this point, the young cub does the same.

“Thank you for your help, but… just who ARE you?” The young cub looks up to Athrun, with an expression completely devoid of the of the hostility first shown to Athrun.

With a gentle smile, Athrun simply replies, “I am just a passerby.” And starts to walk away, leaving the young one with all the words and the feelings expressed. Athrun’s work is done, it is now up to the cub to make the path to happiness.  

AgeofTwilight

Vesale

King Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:58 pm
I'd love to enter for all your gorgeous SoA please! heart

Artemis
Isitini
Sioda
Chau
Paki
Wakhakwi
Shusui
Inzondo-mnyama
Lapis
Pya
Temari
Kizaki
Raffaele
Realta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:05 pm
Can I enter for Paki and Lapis, please? <3  

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:26 pm
To Soothe a Lonely Soul

Username: hattaki
# of Gods you currently have: 0
Entry:

Years and years in the mortal realm had taught him one thing, to have your feet in the dirt was much more important than having your head in the clouds. Traveling on all four feet gave him perspective and an appreciation for the hardships that lead to love, loss, and the overwhelming sensation that was loneliness. From that heartbreaking void he had sprung, so many years ago now that it seemed the sands themselves had forgotten his story, and as though he looked through a scope at the world, everything around him was lonely. If it had been his family, he remembered them with a soft smile, they had likely felt the same lonely feelings he did but after his rebirth he found that he was of little help to them. Only one had truly stayed, wrapped tightly to either neck or appendage as he slowly travelled the world in search of souls that needed... Athrun wasn't always certain of what they needed at first. It was always something different, a feeling that called out to him or often just an encounter that came about suddenly and ended just as quickly with his paws taking him away towards another.

There had been a time, two in fact, that he had done things simply for himself. Those days were gone, the price paid with a curse and a rebirth that lost him his family both times, always alone. It was fitting in a way, the god who's name and essence personified loneliness being usually alone in the world. If it hadn't been for Hatimle'mvua he would be totally alone but the small serpent was stubborn in her desire to stay by his side and rarely left him unless forced to. Though the gesture was not lost on him, the large God often wished she would go and enjoy life and live it to the fullest.

Hati's retort was that she lived quite longer than most creatures being a snake and that he should just give in to the inevitable. He had, more than once, surrendered to this.

So it was that the large white lion walked across the savannah in search of anyone that might need a kind ear or a gentle push in the correct direction to ease their hearts. Searching eyes the color of the afternoon sky scanned across the plains as if he could remember being here before. So many years had passed, so many lives met and voices heard, that he'd managed to help so few of them spoke to the pain of his own domain and filled him with a quiet longing to find even one soul that he could help. Over the years it had felt as though he had been completely incapable of helping anyone and that filled him with pain that sent him on his current quest to be of service to anyone or anything.

When his eyes took in the form of a small adolescent lioness sitting on a rock, a rock that he actually found himself remembering quite well but wasn't about to try claiming, Athrun did his best to situate his wings on his back and stepped towards her slowly. Brightly colored eyes were overflowing with tears, her ears laid back against her head and for all purposes it seemed she had picked one of the emptiest and loneliest parts of the savannah to rest by herself. Her body was curled up tight on the top of the rock and her tan fur looked as bedraggled as the screwed up expression that was crossing her face. Whatever had her crying was sending off waves of such intense loneliness that he had only felt a few times before himself and they usually crested in the wake of a loss that left one utterly alone with none around for comfort.

It was hard to say the right thing when someone lost a loved one or a friend, even the god who's domain encompassed the loneliness that could be felt after a loss had a hard time finding the right words. In his infinite experience it was easier to just lend a steady form of company and that was exactly what he did, climbing up beside her and resting at her side as she cried. Upon feeling his presence she slacked a bit in her sobbing, but the adolescent's tears were not to be stopped, bubbling from her anew as she accepted the company beside her without saying a word. Athrun draped one of his large wings over her back and kept watch over her sadness with a silence that wasn't awkward as much as comforting and gentle, listening to her sob as he felt it in his wing and side. Comfort was something that all creatures needed, be it during times of loneliness or even during times of happiness, it was more than just courtesy it was what others deserved and more than often longed for. In her own way this lioness was longing for company and comfort, even if she had found a spot so devoid of life that it reflected her current mood.

When the tears finally subsided, when her shaking had ended and her stillness indicated sleep brought on by exhaustion, the large god looked up to the slowley darkening sky and gave himself a quiet moment to remember his own loneliness, the losses that he had suffered over the course of so many years. If he could save this warm lioness from feeling the same he would but for this evening the least he could do was stand watch and protect her from anything that might do her harm as she slept after her pain subsided. When she woke the next day she would simply find a white feather at her paws to indicate his presence but the kindness had not been lost on her. Knowing that there were others out there that cared about random lions gave her the strength to think that the loss of everything she knew could be turned into a way for her to understand and give support to others that felt as she had.

[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff