Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Spooky Weyrlings] Month 1 :: Week 2 | Health Assessment Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Masterharper generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:13 am
Liat watched as Shahera and Therianth limped back to the group. One down, and a handful left to go! Without a word, she called up then next pair. "Kieza and Suwayeth!" It wasn't difficult to pick out the pair. Suwayeth was a particularly bright shade of green, and the dark green that ran down her back was exceptionally dark. She was an eye catching green, and one of the easier ones to spot among the group.

The woman did arch a brow when she saw whom the pair had moved to -- Isilje and Brancath. While it was well known to Liat already that the small white and the bright green seemed well bonded -- the Hatching had proved that much -- she would have preferred the girls seek out others in the group. They would be getting to know one another well enough through their dragons friendship. Hmm. The Weyrlingmaster jotted a small note down on the hide she was holding for notes.

Orioth rumbled greeting when the pair did approach. Good afternoon, Suwayeth. How have you been? The blue dragon's eyes whirled a friend green, even as he and his rider quietly looked her over.

Liat greeted Kieza in her usual cordial way once the girl was before her. "How are the two of you faring, Kieza?"

((In your next post if you can just either roll from the list on the first page, or let me know clearly what might be amiss -- if anything -- that would be great! I'm trying to get these done within one or two tags so the more information you give me, the better I can have Liat assess!))
~ ~ ~ ~
Those In Need of An Assessment
  1. L'nik & brown Hessianth
  2. O'len & brown Aleyath
  3. Vennodren & green Nzambith
  4. G'ryl & brown Sarcoth
  5. Jailla & blue Micheth
  6. Amra & green Seirath
  7. J'lar & blue Loreleth
  8. Rennati & blue Rouenth
  9. Isilje & white Brancath
  10. Kieza & green Suwayeth

Mewsings of an Angel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 pm
It had been by the grace of small miracles that Miach and Akeroth had somehow managed to not be late after lunch despite the white's instance upon getting to the meeting early. It became apparent to her though that he had needed some re-bandaging on some of his more grievous injuries from the hatching from hell. Well sort of hell. It was a chaotic hatching, that was for sure. One candidate had died while several others had been injured, including her white dragon. She had nearly lost her chance at impressing as a result--Akeroth had nearly died. Despite it all he had been bent on getting on track quickly with the rest of his siblings so that he could be ready to fight thread, among other wrongs in Pern, and she--well--she just wanted him to be okay and work from there.

Upon their arrival, Miach quickly got them in the semi-circle with Akeroth happily curled up in her arms. While it had made great strides since their bonding--he still had several cuts on his body and what appeared to be some scars. She just hoped they weren't going to ruin his--and her's--dreams at one day flying and fighting thread. She wasn't sure if Akeroth would be able to live through such a hopeless prospect which meant she wouldn't either. She noticed quickly that she had placed herself within the vicinity of G'ryl. At least she was with familiar faces.

As Liat began to inform the riders of what would be occurring during their assessment her heart began to race. Meet new people? Not that she didn't want to but didn't they know how hard that was for her? Worse yet she may have to separate herself from Akeroth and he was the main talker in any conversation she had. Not to mention his constant waves of support, confidence and overwhelming affection were what enabled her to form words as well as she did.

Akeroth, sensing Miach's discomfort, keened mentally to her. "Do not worry mine, I will not leave you." Unlike her, he knew his siblings well and knew those he was willing to interact with. Miach was his to love and protect and the words of someone like Liat were not going to pull him from his. Ever. He would gladly sink his small but still deadly claws into any who dared. At least that was a sentiment the pair shared. His one exception would be if a certain someone decided to cause harm. The demon would have to be a fool to do so here though. "I would like to look my clutchmates and theirs over. Ensure they're ready for what's to come." He said gravely, his eyes whirling between green and orange. Clearly the white thought this assessment was his time to judge for himself those that were worthy and who could be fighting companions.

For her part she merely smiled and gently hugged the little white before gently setting him down on his own feet. While Akeroth could walk just fine the pair generally agreed that carrying him was a much quicker way to travel when they needed to hurry or when Miach was in distress about meeting new people. The habit had developed naturally after his first few several days of life after the hatching.

Taking a deep breath to calm her slowly rising nerves, Miach had been about to approach G'ryl in order to talk to someone who was familiar when she realized that a small crowd had gathered around him during her conversation with Akeroth. Maybe it was best to seek him out when the crowd had lessened. Her hazel eyes roamed the other newly impressed candidates before they landed on a very tall boy who only had one other with him. That was as safe as she was going to get. With shaking hands the wild haired redhead approached the two boys with blushing cheeks and very obvious nerves. Akeroth for his part stuck close to her right side and looked over his siblings. "H. . . . H. . . . Hello." She mumbled out.

Well, at least she had spoken.

Smerdle

Masterharper

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Mewsings of An Angel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:41 pm
((Rolling Result: Broken/Tender Nail))

Kieza gave Isilje an assuring smile, but before she could add words to the smile, a boom of a voice called out her name, and both she and Suwayeth reflexively winced. "Ah...." Her lips pressed together as she gulped. Suwayeth let loose a grumble, nuzzling her head for a moment underneath Brancath's wing as if to hide herself. However, being larger than her sister made it impossible to hide her body. Finally, the dragonet finally stepped away to join her rider who stood with a pale face looking toward Liat. Come, Kiezamine... We should get this over with. She crooned, and Kieza reached her hand down to meet the bright head that craned to touch it. "Let us... set a good example!" Kieza managed to say, letting out a long breath. There was no denying that Kieza did not enjoy the prospect of venturing to be even remotely the center of attention. But it could not be avoided. It was a necessity, she knew. But it did not make it anymore enjoyable.

As they walked forward, a small wince of pain arced through the link and Kieza looked sharply down at Suwayeth, "Suwayeth, are you alright?" The dragonet crooned a response. Fine as can be. Just a sore nail, maybe I stepped wrong on the way here? "Will you be okay?" Yes, my loveliest Kieza. Don't fret. Of course, Kieza could do nothing else but fret. Suwayeth still had a healing wing and now a hurt foot!? What would they think? Her lips set into a thin line as they stepped closer to where Liat and his dragon Orioth stood.

When they came to be under the two's gaze, Kieza felt very small and found it hard to look Liat in the eye, but finally resolved after a steadying breath. "we are faring well, I think. Her wing is still healing from the... from the... Hatching. And... she has told me just now that she may have a hurt toe?" She swallowed, her tongue feeling thick. She had always been a little nervous being the center of any sort of attention. Suwayeth shared rider's nervous disposition, but she had a more stony approach, a non-care of what was thought. I am well, Kieza takes very good care of me. It is my fault for my injuries. Careless steps. She sat at Kieza's feet, rather, she sat on top of them in a protective measure as she gazed up at Orioth.

masterharper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm
Mewsings of An Angel

((Sorry for the delay everyone! I will try to hurry this along. I'll try to fix future Weyrling RPs so you guys can do your rolling all in one go, and then I can respond as needed. gaia_star So y'all aren't waiting on Slow Me!))

Orioth and Liat watched as the girl with the bright green dragon approached. The blue rider was glad that Suwayeth seemed to be settling in without much issue. She had caused quite the commotion during her hatching, but she was just like any other green as far as Liat was concerned. Her own Impression Turns prior had many injuries, and even her gentle-giant Orioth had bloodied a few boys who got too close during the excitement.

If Kieza or Suwayeth worried about any judgment, they would get none from Liat or Orioth, and the two wouldn't tolerate it from anyone else, either. "She's a good color," Liat assured. Honestly, the green dragonet looked to be in better shape than the girl. "Bright eyes, healthy looking skin." Orioth rumbled approvingly from where he rested, keeping an eye on the other Candidates and Weyrlings to ensure they behaved.

Liat looked over the green, and she did take time to study the wing. The wing certainly looked like it was healing well, and while there might be some scarring, she had not doubt that by the time Suwayeth reached her full size, it would hardly leave much of a mark at all. "She really is looking quite good. No sign of thicktail, no dry patches, her teeth look good, her size healthy." Liat looked over the green, and that included each of her feet and toes.

"Ah, yes, it looks like she has a bit of a broken nail." She directed Kieza's attention to the wound. "You're going to need to clip it -- and based on the angle, it might be deep enough to draw a little ichor, and be tender. Once clipped, you'll want to dip it in redwort, let it dry, and then she should be well on her way. If it's overly tender, you can wrap the tow with some linen until it heals enough to no longer be painful. I'd be gentle when scrubbing around the area for her daily baths and oilings, but otherwise, she should be fine. The nail will grow back quick."

Liat gave a firm nod and offered Kieza a smile. "You're doing well, Kieza.
You should be able to find what you need over by Journeyman Dragonhealer Tohr, and he can assist if you have trouble bandaging her toe."

Orioth, for his part, was not all worried about the protective little green. She is doing a very good job, and it shows. So serious for such a young dragonet. The blue rumbled in amusement. Don't forget that you are also allowed to have fun, Suwayeth. There is no fault, really, at this stage -- these are all just growing pains. Bumps, bruises, broken nails, itchy skkin. Go on and have fun with Yours . . . after your toe is seen to.

Releasing the girl and her green, Liat looked to see who was next.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Masterharper rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-16)

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 am
Those In Need of An Assessment
  1. L'nik & brown Hessianth
  2. O'len & brown Aleyath
    Vennodren & green Nzambith
    G'ryl & brown Sarcoth

3. Jailla & blue Micheth
  4. Amra & green Seirath
  5. J'lar & blue Loreleth
  6. Rennati & blue Rouenth
  7. Isilje & white Brancath

- - - - [Because I am THE WORST and this is languishing a bit I am going to roll a few at a time so you guys can get looked at! Sorry for the slowness! time to make up NPC dude, though if any of you have actual Weyrlingmaster Assistants, I am 100% okay for the help, haha.]

Helping some of the other dragons was a weyrlingmaster assistant by the name of F'den. His green Tandiath was small, but alert, and she stood guard over the weyrlings like any sort of queen would. F'den and had been a journeyman at Fort's Healer Hall when he'd been found on Search, and though he was one of the older Candidates to be brought in, nearing 26 in age, he'd Impressed during his first Hatching. The two had remained a the Weyr upon graduation, and had been tapped to help heal those who needed it.

"G'ryl and Sarcoth, looks like you're next." F'den called out the next name, his green peeking happily over his shoulder. Tandiath's eyes whirled a bright blue-green, though like her rider, she would already be making small notes concerning color of hide, and over all health.

~ ~ ~

Liat watched Kieza and Suwayeth leave, and looked out next at the list. While F'den was a bit more of a softer touch, she was grateful for his help. Having a healer as an assistant certainly helped when it came to these sorts of checks.

"Vennodren and Nzambith, let's see how you check out." She caught sight of the boy with the pale green dragon, and waited for him to approach. So far, though, she was pleased with the assessment; the weyrlings certainly seemed to be in good shape.

((You guys can roll from the list to see how they fair if you want, or you can just make something up. xD Whatever you prefer. Or a mix of both. Just let me know if anything is wrong so I can address it in my next post.))

SilverLutz

SkieBorne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:23 pm
Both Venn and Nzambith turned as they heard their names called, the rider relieved to be getting away from the more rambunctious of the bunch. He hoped that as the dragons and their riders grew to be closer the humans would have a bit more control over their dragons. He wasn't sure he'd be able to handle the anxiety that always built up whenever a bunch of these spooky siblings got together.

Let's go, Nzam, he said to his little green who plodded along dutifully after him, her head low and tail dragging. It was one of the things he was hoping to ask about since Nzambith seemed severely lethargic next to all of her siblings. She showed a bit of life from time to time but for the most part she was slow and...droopy was really the best way to put it.

As the duo approached Liat and Orioth Venn gave them both a little smile and motioned for Nzambith to keep moving forward. The little green obeyed without protest, lifting her head to peer up at the other rider.

"I've not noticed much with her," he said, deciding to jump right in. There were other dragons to be seen, after all. "The only thing I've noticed is she's rather...mm...slow. She doesn't complain of being tired but she acts like she never sleeps, which is far from the truth. Just the way she carries herself. Her tail is always dragging, she doesn't hold her wings close to her body when they're folded, her head droops...oh, and I feed her nearly constantly. She loves to eat. But she's so skinny!"

He sighed softly, unsure if that was normal or not. There were some muscled young dragons here, some chubby, and some sleek, but Nzambith was on the wrong side of skinny in his mind. She ate like an adult dragon and yet she didn't seem to gain any weight at all! It was quite curious.

Masterharper
I went with stuff from her bio that Venn is a little worried about instead of rolling, hope that's okay!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas