Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:49 pm
"Up to half of the clutch as greens? That'd be quite a hefty number..." but it wasn't impossible. Shalaera debated carefully on how she was going to counter. "I bet more than half of the greens impress to girls." she decided with a slow nod. "Are you betting for one from my green or one from my gold?"

Salia sat up and flared out her wings as if to show off just how majestic her metallic hide was at this question.

Shalaera is betting that more than half of the greens from this clutch will impress to girls.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 pm
Quote:
OOC:

WITH THE HATCHING COMING AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT:

You can continue to make bets thru the hatching. However, they cannot be on eggs that have already hatched (AKA once The Goblin egg hatches, no more bets can be made in regard to that particular egg). I will close this all up once half of the babies have hatched.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:58 pm
demon_pachabel

"Hmm, I think you getting the better deal,"L'ex replied thoughtfully before nodding. "Your gold, and I will take it," they offered a hand. "And I counter should I lose, I take you on a ride on my dragon and out to dinner."

(If L'ex looses, they offer a dragon ride and dinner)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:03 pm
Walking back from the Lower Caverns, Migel noticed the people crowding around one of the tables. He paused, listening for a moment to see what the commotion was about, but soon it was clear that people were making bets on the up coming hatching. Spotting his fellow courtesan hall graduate among them, he nudged his friend and nodded over. Though usually adverse to crowds, curiosity overcame him and he wandered over.

"What did you bet on?" he asked Shahera, before turning up the woman. "I'll bet the lovely Shahera here impresses in the first half of the clutch." he wagered.

Migel bets that Shahera impresses in the first half of the clutch  

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:30 pm
Shalaera's brows raised slightly. "Are you certain I am? I'm certainly not being daring, which is much more fun," she replied, leaning forward on the table and nearly knocking Salia off of her shoulder. Artemision reeled around, cheeping with confusion before he clambered up onto the opposite shoulder to trill at the gold from his new perch.

"Your counter wager is perhaps unusual, but I accept."

Shaddaling

Looking from Migel to Shahera, the woman nodded slowly. "Very well. I'll counter she impresses in the second half of it, then," she stated, taking the fairly easy position there. It wasn't quite a 50-50 split, as there was still the 'doesn't impress at all' option, but that remained to be seen.

"Are you betting for a green or a gold egg?"

DruidTigeress

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:44 pm
The bustle of activity was difficult to miss, though not unexpected with a Hatching so near - everything was bustling, it seemed, especially with all of the folks from High Reaches coming in. Ralla was less than thrilled with the traditionalist Weyr's presence, bunch of colorist draybeasts! Firith was making it a point to posture and rumble and generally look unpleasant, as her memories of her birthplace were anything but fond. The only good thing either of them could say about the place was that the training had been solid, but beyond that... The greenrider was less overtly unhappy than her dragon, not that she was all smiles by any stretch of the phrase. She was half expecting, half hoping for a fight by the time all was said and done.

In the meantime, the betting intrigued her, and she decided to join in, though with a wager that was maybe less optimistic than the others being put forward. "I'll wager for an egg from your green's clutch that there'll be at least three maulings."

Given the stories that had come out of the Touching, she'd be surprised if there weren't blood on the Sands.

Ralla bets that there will be at least three maulings.  

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 pm
demon_pachabel

L'ex laughed and nodded. "Mmh, true. See you at the hatching, yes?" They beamed and nodded. "Later!"  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:40 pm
Ralla had made a very interesting wager. "At least? Given that touching....." rumors had made their way off the sands quickly, after all, "I'll say no more than 6. So if it's between 3 and 6, neither of us win. If it's seven or more, you win. Do you agree to those terms? I will say that uh...fatal maulings count as well."

How morbid, but so was the entire bet.

Shalaera bets there will be no more than 6 maulings - including deaths for both bets.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 pm
Not the first? Was there another that had felt the desire the Goblin had held within? The desire to run free and play had pulled at the child she had locked away, though the little fool inside her had still attempted an answer, rattling the chains that bound her.

"Someone else has good taste it seems." Her eyes looked to the small gold lizard and she wondered, "From the gold clutch, if it sits well with you. I accept."

Would the woman stay around long enough to honor their deal if Amra won? She's dealt with more than one trader who had tried to stiff her mother in the past, it never ended well for them.

Whirlwind popped into the air beside her and chattered in her ear loudly, the tall girl wrapped him about her neck carefully and bowed her head to the older woman.

"Best of luck, until we meet again."

demon_pachabel
sorry, your name got me a couple times. XD;, *fail*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:19 pm
Del's grin widened as she spoke. Yes, this would certainly be an interesting bet! "I accept your counter," he stated, highly amused. "I'm greatly looking forward to seeing how this goes!"  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 pm
"From an egg that big?" Salva said, raising an eyebrow. But maybe she hadn't seen the eggs. Anyway, impressing a girl was about fifty fifty, so it seemed like okay odds. "Green clutch is fine with me. Though can I give the egg to someone else? I'm not sure I'm cut out for flitt ownership." She laughed. She couldn't imagine having time to care for anything besides her big blue love bug.

---

"I accept." Migel agreed. Quite a sportsmanly bet, on her part, roughly split even. And he hardly needed the money. "Oh.." He looked at the flitts before him. He was late arriving so he didn't hear that there was a choice. "Then.. The gold, I suppose." That seemed to provide the best return on investment, since it offered a, albeit slim, chance to be able to potentially host larger clutches of his own one day.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 pm
"Hmmm? That hardly seems fair." Matti said, folding her arms. Girls impressing browns was fairly rare, even if she thought there was still a good chance of it happening. But Shaleara would win if the gold impressed at any point except the very end. Besides, she had a haggling nature... Maybe it was all those turns of living around pirates. "Maybe if you make it anything but the last three."

As for the eggs... "Oh.. I guess whichever one is sooner?" she said. "I don't mind much about the colors." Green, brown, or blue would be fine with her.  

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:24 am
"Of course. Once it is in your hands it doesn't have to stay in your possession." though there were some people who immediately threw up her defenses when it came to handing them an egg. Those were the sorts she...waited until babies were hatching to introduce due to prior malicious experience - if she trusted them with a babe at all.

--

"One from Salia it is then. I'll note that down here..." Shalaera finished writing the bet down before offering Migel a copy of it. "Very good. Come see me after the hatching. Or during. I'll be making notes of the going ons as they happen."

--

"Very well. I agree to that addendum. The gold will have to impress before the last three on the sands." which given how some liked to wait until the end to hatch anyways....well, no matter. She'd wait and see what happened. That's where the fun was, after all!

"Laena is due sooner, so it will be one of hers."

DruidTigeress

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:33 am
Things were starting to be a little more interesting again around the weyr as K’ai made his way through the shuffling crowd most who seemed in a hurry to see the dragons hatch from their former homes. Instead a smaller group of people hovered around a table caught his attention more and with a little bit of curiosity he approached.

Bets.

Of course, and if there was anything a former want-to-be pirate had an interest in that was something besides involving a bed it was placing a few bets.

“I’m going to bet that one of the last two dragons to hatch will be a blue.”  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:39 am
"A blue near the end? That's not a bad bet." Shalaera leaned her arms on her table as she made the note, before looking back up to K'ai with a smile. "Are you betting on incoming green-brood or future gold-brood?" she inquired, glancing between the two firelizards in question.

"I'll counter your bet with that I think the last two eggs to hatch will be a brown and a green. In either order."

Shalaera bets the last two Hatchlings will be a green and a brown.

stella cinere

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces