Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2018)
Evocative Enigma Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 pm
Day: 30
Theme: Worst Present
Comment: What NOT to get a CHII!
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:41 pm
Day: 31
Theme: No Way Out
Comment: MAJOR spoilers for Digimon Tri if you're a fan of the show, or want to watch it and aren't up to speed, BUT I tworked REALLY hard on this BG and scene so far. I have family dinner here in about half an hour, so not sure when I'll be back so posting this now and going bowling with my nephews and will probably work on it more when I get back tonight. Just didn't want to miss the deadline if it's TOO late if we do something else with just the adults after bowling.

My gosh, I was SUCH a huge fan of Digimon when I was in middle school. I actually haven't seen ALL of the Tri series, but I DO know what's happened for the most part, but this scene is just heartbreaking.
So, if you can't tell what's going on here, think Land Before Time, the Great Divide scene, where earth is being torn apart... basically what's happened here, and one of the characters doesn't make the jump.

User Image

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:30 pm
Day # 32
Theme: Valentine Card

User Image
Comments: I just wanted it to be a bit punny! XD I didn't really have much time to draw today. Got tired to do much after the kiddos went home, after babysitting late.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:46 am
Day:33
Theme: Penguin
Comment: I LOVE penguins, they are SO SO CUTE!
User Image  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 pm
Day:34
Theme: Macaw
Comment: Not a REAL macaw, but rainbow birds are pretty! biggrin
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:53 pm
Day # 35
Theme: Deep In Thought

Comments: So... maybe the face doesn't look as deep in thought as I had hoped in order to fit the theme, BUT I did want to get another realistic headshot in for practice before I got to work on the Auction Winner. Drew my own OC, but with elf ears, because I REALLY wasn't aiming for her when I started, and well... sketch did have elf ears and didn't make it her until after most of the face (ears and all) was already drawn.

User Image  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:00 pm
Day # 36
Theme: Paper Doll
Comments: Gaia is being so stupid at the moment. *headdesk*

Chibi: "Don't you DARE drop me Daisy! WHY DIDN'T YOU DRAW MY WINGS?!?"
Me: "Awe, I didn't have TIME Chibi!"
Chibi: "You were just being LAZY DAISY!"
Me: "I really WAS running out of time!"

User Image
"I don't want to be put out in the dark."

User Image
"Clean your dry erase board better, next time!"

User Image
"UGH! Did you really have to use a PIN through my staff?"

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 pm
Day # 37
Theme: Legs
Comments: NEVER skip LEG DAY!

User Image  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:17 pm
Day: 38
Theme: Teeth
Comment: Has anyone else ever started a drawing, not with too much of a goal in mind but sitting there looking at it an hour later and wondering how the hell it ever got so weird and dark? *snorts*

In spoiler for REASONS! Weird, (not really scary) monster/non-realistic nudity

Yeah... I have no idea and honestly NO EXCUSE for this crap. XD

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:00 pm
Day # 39
Theme: Redraw

User Image
User Image
Comments:
So... the original version was actually done for an art contest on Gaia YEARS ago. It was posted on my old dA back in June of 2009

Yeah, I was in over my head for trying to get this done in one day though. I REALLY liked the drawing years ago, but OMG WHAT THE HELL is up with that FACE? ROFL

I can admit there are a LOT more flaws than what I wanted to see back then, but hopefully the redraw will turn out much better in the end.
Original Drawing:
User Image  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm
Day: 40
Theme: Improve/Finish Previous Work
Comment: So... I know it doesn't look like I did much, but I got a LOT of the color layed in, and the face smoothed out more/defined the other eye and got to work on the arms. I decided the one hand looked like crap so it's currently being re-done, and I'll probably work on it several more hours tonight and post another update before I go to bed. (Still so much of a night owl... *Sighs* LOL)

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:02 pm
I'm actually still working on mine, and planning a late night with these two. razz
1/2 Done

User Image
User Image  

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:36 pm
Day: 42
Theme: Spirit Challenge Auction Request 2
Comment: Sadly, I'm not going to be able to finish tonight, but here's an update on the WIP. I'm not having a good night, got some bad news and having a hard time of it.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:02 pm
Day # 43
Theme: Puzzle
Comments: The theme probably isn't as obvious to anyone who hasn't seen the Saw horror moives. The main villain is named Jigsaw and has a creepy looking doll (that I always wondered if it was some sort of icon of possession from an evil entity) and wonder how the character first became a villain. So.. dark sort of surreal drawing of said character.

The villain sets up "puzzles" that have to be solved in order to escape with your life. Pretty wicked stuff.

User Image

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

Evocative Enigma

Shadowy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm
Day: 44
Theme: Drowning
Comment: Honestly... I don't like it as much as last year's theme of drowning, but I didn't have too long to work on it tonight.
User Image

100 Days Event (2018)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces