Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Battletech: A Time of War Interest Check Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:35 am
Hmm, would an Aerospace Fighter be feasible for this campaign or should I stick with a mech/tank.

Also, I was curious how it would be handled if the vehicle requires more then one crew, as is the case for most vehicles (looking at you demon tank)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 am
User Image  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:23 am
Since we have four prospective players, it kinda makes sense that you guys should be a full unit or lance of 'Mechs. That is what I would like.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:35 pm
Ok, I was wondering if it would be possible to start of with a slightly modified mech or do they have to be stock? I really wanted to use a Gauss cannon as a sniper and was wondering if I could pilot a hunchback that has its ultra AC 20 switch out for one. If not that's fine I'll just focus on one of the ppc mounting platforms, I just hate dealing with the heat generation.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:34 pm
Are you willing for the Gauss Rifle to be a goal? If not, then the hunchback mod request will make the hunchback cost a little bit more.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:40 pm
Time to look at this list.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:03 pm
By, goal you mean something to work for later in the game?

How many experience points would it cost to mod my mech from the very beginning? Cant snipe with an AC 20 so I would have to start out with a different mech platform and I don't know how well a scorpion or rifleman would convert to carrying a Gauss Rifle considering they are mostly energy based platforms. Granted I don't know how hard points or modification works in this game but I haven't had a lot of time yet to read through the books.

Also, since it sounds like we are going to be mercenaries separate from a house military, do we need the appropriate rank Trait to be a mech pilot?

Starting to pull together the beginnings of my character.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:12 pm
Yes. The Gauss Rifle is something the Star League seems to have under lock and key. I wonder if the HGN-732 Highlander's presence on the list is a mistake. Hrrm... If you're willing to spend enough points to buy a heavy and then one point to buy custom vehicle, I will allow you to select a GLH-2D Galahad.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:44 pm
Plainsfox
Yes. The Gauss Rifle is something the Star League seems to have under lock and key. I wonder if the HGN-732 Highlander's presence on the list is a mistake. Hrrm... If you're willing to spend enough points to buy a heavy and then one point to buy custom vehicle, I will allow you to select a GLH-2D Galahad.

Ooh, two Gauss Rifles! I will definitively consider it.

Do in need the trait Rank 5 to be a Mechwarrior Pilot?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:02 pm
Hrrm....I think I will borrow an option from the A Time of War Companion.

You can be a Pilot Officer for 50 experience. Your job title would be Mechwarrior/Aerospace Pilot/ Vehicle Commander and you would have authority over your own vehicle and not much else.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:39 pm
Cool, Going to try and have my character sheet done by tonight, at least the mechanic part of it  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:47 pm
I found this Google Docs Character Sheet that looks good, if anyone wants to use it.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm
Raganui Minamoto
I found this Google Docs Character Sheet that looks good, if anyone wants to use it.

Thanks I've been using it. It makes keeping track of the experience a whole lot easier.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:21 pm
Glad to help. I'm like, kinda a russian. And I swear I will find a way to ADD MORE FIRE.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:56 am
Ok here is Cammy's character sheet.

I put enough points in vehicle to get the Galahad but if everyone else is going to pilot fast medium mechs then I might downgrade to a Scorpion and spend those points elsewhere.

Cammy was born into a white collar background in the Rasalhague District of Draconis Combine to ethnic Rasalhagians who held no love for the house of Kurita. If things had continued as they were she probably would have grown up to be a scientist. However during her teenage years she lost her parents and her entire town in a raid that would later be attributed Lyrian Commonwealth. She fled her home planet with nothing more then a desire to get vengeance for the life she lost. She took up the life of a Mercenary after finding she had unique skills as a sharpshooter. She now looks forward to getting back at both Draconis Combine and Lyrian Commonwealth with her new contract.

Despite being a deadly sniper, Cammy herself its actually a shy quiet girl that prefers to keep to herself and read books about science in her quarters. She has a hard time speaking to anyone she doesn't personally know. Cammy also has a frail body and is ill suited as soldier. Her one saving grace is her amazing sharp shooting skills and the fact she is inside a giant metal death machine when fighting. Cammy is actually quite attractive but her ineptitude in social situations doesn't do her any favors.

A picture of Cammy as a teenager before her life got turned upside down. My wife will draw me an updated picture of her as a mech pilot in the future.

User Image

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces