[PRP] What a Nice Weyr You Have (Fi'o/Norna) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:17 am
"That's a fair bet. She got herself a real puppydog in Ive, he'd follow her to the Wastes and back if she wanted." He hadn't had a real dragon friend in...Faranth, not since they'd given up mercenary work and taken their steady job in Bitra. She'd never thought of it like that, but shaff, that was a long time to go. Even without sad gray eyes fixed on her, she wasn't feeling any less guilty.

"He'd be happy enough with visits to look forward to, I think, if she could stomach Bitra for it. Or we could...meet up somewhere quieter or somethin'." It was a sort of sad little remedy, but what else was there? Norna and Cheruth had work to do, and her and Ive...well, their line of work wasn't an important one, but they had a life they'd worked hard for.

"They've gotra keep some on hand for special occasions, important visitors and suchlike," Fi'o speculated. "But I'm all for breakfast. Can't drink our problems away, but no harm in eatin' at 'em."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:34 am
"Not like they couldn't talk anyways," Norna pointed out. But there was something about seeing a dear dragon friend in person that was different and it wasn't a permanent solution either. Visits. It would have to suffice for the time being, at least. "At least we're safe in knowing she'd rather between herself than do anything to hurt him or put him in danger," she was a very reliable dragon in that sense.

A few kitchen workers gave the pair a suspicious look as Norna began her raid, not even offering a look of apology for inconveniencing them. Hey, they weren't the only ones wandering thru, after all. "Better to deal with dragons on a full stomach than an empty one," because she couldn't think about problem solving when her gut was complaining.

Love, we need to deliver more charts today. Norna tested the waters carefully. th-Then w-we'll come b-back. No, darling. b-But I w-want to s-s-stay!!

Mmm, it would take a little bit.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 pm
"And she's just as safe with him," she added, though it was probably pretty obvious from the way he'd wound himself around her, all too willing to protect her not just from the storm, but from having to leave. One night together amd they were now - rather inconveniently - glued to each other.

Fi'o was similarly unrepentant about their morning hunt for food, pausing only to raise a thick eyebrow at a worker who looked like they were considering objecting. One stern look and they seemed to rethink the wisdom of that, leaving Fi'o free to nab several meatrolls. Maybe one of his favorite snacks would improve Ivanhoth's malleability. "Right then..."

Breakfast in hand, she singled out one of the more senior-looking workers to inquire ever-so-politely about wine, which at first they were unwilling to hand over to the heathens raiding their kitchen, but marks changed her mind quickly enough (thank Faranth she'd had a good night at cards before leaving Bitra on their errand). Food in one hand and bottle in another, she grinned victoriously.

Got you a meatroll, Ive. You're gonna wanna eat before we take Akaris home, yeah?

I don't want to.

She wants to go home. You're not going to make her stay and be unhappy, are you?

Uncomfortable silence was the answer for now.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:54 pm
The fact the two dragons were so extremely compatible with each other was perhaps the real problem in this. Cheruth's complaints would have had no grounds to stick without Ivanhoth, and he'd have been less eager to stay put if she wasn't fussing.

Norna was happier off with bread, fruit, and cheese, though she watched with interest as F'io bartered for their 'sorry we messed up your bed' gift with a slow nod. "Funny how easy that can be," she mused. At least something was easy.

Are you going to get Ivanhoth in trouble for not doing his job? Norna worded it carefully, easing into a carefully placed guilt-trip. The small wave of nervousness from her white in turn was at least a sign she'd hit a good spot. We can go see Ivanhoth in Bitra after we deliver these charts and he's done what he came for, yeah?

Even though Norna wasn't in the room to kreel at, the little white did none the less. b-But h-he's h-here right n-now! c-Can't....c-can't h-he c-come with us? It was a slightly different appeal, but still all the clingy. Norna sighed. "Well, we've upgraded slightly to 'can I bring him with me'." she informed F'io as she sliced one of the fruits she'd stolen to pair with the cheese and bread.

She never said she had good tastes in combining food.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm
"I'll take somethin' goin' right," Fi'o said ruefully, but after a pause in which she realized that could be misinterpreted to include the night she'd spent with Norna, she amended, "Well, somethin' else goin' right." Not the most elegant correction, but the intent was there.

The brownrider snarfed one of her meatrolls without care for manners, not that that was likely to come as a surprise. Fortunately, she'd chewed and swallowed by the time Norna updated her about the situation with Cheruth, so nothing was spit out when she laughed. "Least it's progress. Might not be a bad idea, though - we go with you to wherever, then head on to Bitra? Get 'em movin' and outta here, at least."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:38 pm
Norna hadn't thought anything of it until F'io corrected herself, causing her to laugh at the awkward correction of implication. "Hey, I feel ya-" oh, she most certainly had. "Gold flight shouldn't make life harder than it is."

"Except we'll stop at two more Weyrs and Cheruth will suggest each one as somewhere to live right now," Norna pointed out. Sure, it would get them out of Western, but Monaco Bay or Ista were still very valid options for the white too. Still, getting them unglued would be a step in the right direction. "Unless we did the first jump to Ista together and then...I hate to imply I'd be lying to my girl, but split between there and Monaco Bay?"

Cheruth had never seen Bitra. She'd have to rely solely on Norna to get there and if neither dragon knew they were...well....not going to the same place, they wouldn't coordinate, right?

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:49 pm
"Leave it to Pern's clingiest dragons to find each other," the brownrider snorted. "Least we're makin' our way to sorted." Another step closer to getting out of Western, with their gift acquired and a plan taking shape to get their dragons budged.

Fi'o gave a low whistle at Norna's suggestion. Talk about heartbroken dragons; she could practically hear Ivanhoth wailing already, when he came out from between minus his friend. Dealing with that would...be a project, but everyone would at least be where they were supposed to be, not curled up in a rebellious pile of clingy dragon. "Well, it'd work," she acknowledged. "Have some damage control after, but it'd work."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:55 pm
"Cheruth will be sad for at least a month," Norna admitted and the hard part would be making sure a sensitive and sad dragon wouldn't catch on to the fact there was absolute betrayal involved. She'd never been a good liar, but...

Ask Ivanhoth if he'd like to go to Ista with us. Norna gently, and somewhat guiltily, nudged the suggestion to the white, who seemed to perk up as much as she could with the brown's head on top of hers. She made a small chirp of a sound, but otherwise seemed delighted. d-Do y-y-you w-want to g-go to i-Ista? she asked, though she wasn't specific as to if it was the hold or the Weyr.

The absolute excitement of getting to bring her new bestest-best boy along just made Norna feel bad. "Definitely going to be a trick we can only play once."

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:41 pm
"Same for him." She'd been selective in what she told him before, told him half-truths or what he needed to hear to keep him on track and taken care of, but tricking him outright would be a new one. Anyone but him, she'd barely have batted an eye, but this was heartbreak she'd have to share, from the one being in the world she loved. It was going to be hard, even for her, but it was what they needed to do. Even if Fi'o had been ready and willing to commit to Weyr life, the truth remained that Cheruth wasn't fit for it, so his white friend wouldn't be able to stay regardless.

At the sudden delight and invitation from Cheruth, a surge of happiness rushed through Ivanhoth, and he lifted his head to warble his happiness to the world at large. I would!! Mine, Mine, can we go to Ista please?

Yeah, I guess we can do that, she answered, trying not to agree too readily. If Akaris doesn't like it, too bad. "One time and one time only. After that...have to think up somethin' clever before they get together again."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm
If there had been a job perfect for an always anxious, ready to alert danger at the smallest thing little dragon, Norna may have reconsidered her stance on being in a Weyr. But as far as she had cared or checked, there really wasn't. Part of her wished that was something easily changed, if only for the sake of the now very excited little white who was eager to go on adventures with her new, safe, beau.

Hoo boy.

"Well as far as I'm concerned, we accidentally didn't realize we were going other places," Norna fabricated the excuse clearly, but the utter elation surging in from Cheruth was starting to damper her spirits and further than that, her desire to break her dragon's heart. HnnnNNnnghhhh.

While the warble at first alarmed Cheruth, she soon added her own happy little croon to it. Though she had yet to have made any effort to really undo the cuddle pile. It was a very, very nice cuddle pile. m-Maybe t-they w-will like i-Ista b-better and w-we c-can s-s-stay! Oh, it was a very hopeful thought.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:19 am
"Just a miscommunication." Fi'o nodded and tore off another bite of meatroll, although she found her appetite was somewhat lessened by her rising guilt. "It'll do fine, yeah. Krep 'em from feelin' lied to, at least." Even if that was exactly what was happening.

I haven't been to Ista in a very long time, but it was nice, Ivanhoth recalled with a thoughtful hmm. Mine says we do have to take Akaris home, though, she does not want to be a candidate anymore. But there are lots of Weyrs, and Holds! We could go anywhere! Is there somewhere that you like best, Cheruth?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 am
Norna was trying to build up a story to perhaps dampen the feeling of guilt that was piling up inside of her. It wasn't like she'd planned on having her dear sweet little Cheruth get inexplicably attached to a mostly unknown dragon that day. "This only works because she's never been to Bitra and can't exactly just.....change course for there on her own."

Cheruth listened attentively. She did not know who Akaris was, but she did not blame whoever she was for wanting to go home. Except her home was not a Weyr and the white vaguely wondered if such a setup was safe. Certainly there was good reason that people lived inside of stone, but.... i-I like b-being w-with m-m-my Norna best. i-I a-a-a-also l-like b-b-b-being w-with y-you best. w-Where is y-your f-favorite p-place?

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:16 am
"Lucky, that. Ive and I have been to more places than we haven't, seems. Not some of the Weyrs, but most of the Holds." Until recently, there hadn't been much at all of interest at a lot of the Weyrs, no reason to bother with them...and now plenty of reason to avoid them.

I am happy being close to myFi'o. Clingy fondness for his rider was innate in him, although he had a slightly higher tolerance for being away from His than his new friend did for Hers. And you, of course, he added before answering more helpfully, Black Sands is very nice! It is pretty, and warm, and the ocean is all around.

demon_pachabel
and now we are progressing toward 'we shall run away together and build a white picket fence' /facepalms

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 am
It was near impossible to explain to a dragon the concept of 'You barely know them', when their whole thing was to grab a person upon birth and be theirs for the rest of their lives. Perhaps all dragons were 'clingy' in that way. "Sometimes less lucky when we need to go somewhere and I have nothing to give her to go off of," it was the only part of their lessons she somewhat regret stepping out on.

'And you, of course'. Cheruth trilled delightedly, though it was easy to be infatuated with such words when they barely knew each other. But Ivanhoth was sweet and nice and safe and Cheruth loved all of that. I h-h-have n-never s-s-seen it. she admitted, c-Can y-you sh-show m-me? She meant in the same way a dragon would share a visual point for a jump, rather than actually getting up and going immediately.

Meepfur
And then F'io and Norna were stuck in Western forever.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:08 am
"Fair enough." It was about to come in handy, though, in a rather underhanded sort of way. Theyd be able to get their dragons disentangled and off to where they belonged, at least this once. Prying them apart after one of their promised future visits...that could get interesting. "I'd best go roust out Akaris, now that we've got a workin' plan to get outta here." She'd never imagined this particular complication, to say the least!

Ivanhoth thrummed his happiness. They would go to Ista together, and then Bitra, and then anywhere they wanted! If Theirs didn't want a Weyr, well, there were plenty of other places they could be happy! Of course! You will like it, he assured her, sharing with his friend the exotic view, the black sand beaches her white hide would be so very pretty against, the waves and the swaying fronds of the trees and the beautiful peace of it all.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces