Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:28 pm
For a second, Jarah wondered if Marinel meant sharing with him but the other boy continued on to clarify. Jarah chided himself for thinking such things. They were just now becoming friends, it was far too soon for much else. Right?

He smiled, "I'm glad you've got him back." He couldn't imagine being without any of his siblings for so long. Even on their most annoying days Jarah loved them to pieces and always would. "Sounds like a plan to me," he said with a grin.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:10 pm
Jarah's words had Marinel looping his arm through his and smiling. "Really?" He asked. "I love how it shines the water, it's beautiful. When I was little, I thought they were something you could catch." He'd tried cupping them in his hands, but the water--and the shiny--always escaped!

"Tell me more about your family," he prompted.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:22 pm
Jarah felt a flush come to his cheeks as Marinel linked their arms and was for once thankful that the dark color of his skin didn't make such things easy to see. "Did you?" he laughed softly. "I never did that, but I have always enjoyed watching the way the sun sets over the water." It's so pretty, and romantic. If he thought about it, there was a reason so many of his dates had ended up by the water. Not that this was a date. Or was it?

He hummed in thought. "Well, my mother is a green rider. I never really knew my father, aside from the fact that he's a Harper who was in the right place at the right time when Anath Rose." He was pretty sure his dad had gone on to have other kids as well, from what his mother talked about when she received his occasional messages, but Jarah hadn't met any of them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:07 am
"Yeah, it's beautiful," Marinel smiled. He didn't think he'd ever seen anything more beautiful, except maybe the sky at sunset.

"Do you think I could met your mother? And her dragon?" Greenrider or not, Marinel was in awe of those called to fight Thread. He'd only recently had the priveledge to help bathe a dragon. "Sometime?" He added, so he didn't appear too eager.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:16 am
Jarah grinned. "I don't see why not," he said. He knew it was probably just because she was a rider and everyone not from a weyr wanted to meet the ones who were essentially their soldiers in the war against Thread. But it felt a little bit like taking a boy home to meet his mother. Which, honestly, Jarah was okay with that.

"I'm sure Anath would love to meet you," he assured Marinel. Anath did love the younger crowds, as did his mother, and it would be nice to see if his mother liked Marinel as much as he did already. "Maybe next rest day?" he offered.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:33 am
The next rest day sounded perfect! "Maybe you could meet my brother then, too." Was that a good idea? Dolmar wasn't exactly known for being the friendliest guy in the Weyr. "He's got a really smart firelizard," he said. "It's really because of him that we have each other again, well, he and Liasa."

How the firelizards had realized before they had, he didn't know.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:57 pm
Jarah smiled and nodded. "Sure! I'd love to meet your brother," he said. "You can meet my siblings as we come across them," he laughed. They'd likely come across Xibora first since she just became a candidate, but Adelly was often lurking around the weyr looking for one of her older siblings. There was no telling where she might be found. Vanaryn didn't seem to have a problem with her youngest daughter's curiousity, as long as she didn't cause too much trouble.

"Really? You two didn't recognize each other before your firelizards did?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:28 am
"Alright," Mari nodded. "I'd say you could meet Dolly thatway, too, but he can be difficult. It's better that we plan it." He himself had been on the receiving end of Dolmar's barbed tongue, and he certainly didn't want his new friend to have to deal with that.

"Nah. I guess we were both blinded by our grief. He said I reminded him of me, and he reminded me of him, but neither of us saw it. Until our firelizards started freaking out, anyway."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas