• Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:51 am
MiniMari
Name: Eydis (goddess of good luck)
Are you a Stormborn line newbie? Yes, I have 1 lined boy

Mufasa
Name: Einar
Meaning: One who fights alone
Prompt Response: Einar is determined to prove his father wrong and become the strongest lion he or anyone has ever seen. He's not above doing underhanded things to get there, either. Despite his mother's kindness and care, I see him growing up to be more like his ruthless father - trying to impress by being like him. His eventual goal is to become a Captain like his father... or perhaps an even higher rank...

Scar
Name: Vali
Meaning: Powerful/strong
Prompt Response: Noticing that his father seems to shun the lighter siblings will confuse Vali. He doesn't understand why their colors should matter at all, when their mother loves them all equally. He will begin to see himself as a protector of his lighter siblings, defending them to his father and trying to help them become stronger if any are weak. It will be interesting to see where this kind of attitude could get him with his father.

Nuka
Name: Bjarke
Meaning: Bear
Personalty: Like his name suggests, this cub is fairly lazy a good bit of the time. He likes to eat, and tell grand stories about adventures he probably never had. Later on, he'll fancy himself a ladies man. His darker coloration means his father assumes that he is strong, so he takes that assumption and just... perhaps doesn't try as hard. There are a few things he cares about more than others - such as his mother when he is young - and he will fight very hard to protect those things. Much like a bear will seem complacent and then become extremely ferocious if it is threatened. A fun plot idea would be to have his laziness exposed and see where that goes...  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:26 pm
Nuka
Name: Sindri
Meaning: "small, trivial"
Personalty: It is either kill or be killed.
Though he is smaller than his brothers and even his sisters he will rise higher than them all. He started out with the innocence of a young cub but his size did not win the affection from either parent he had hoped for. This world is cruel and he will seize the love he desires with his own claws and teeth. Or else he will die trying for it. Going after large prey with reckless abandon, fighting to reach his father's rank if he can, and the ones under him will love him....or else.  

Whoan

Sparkly Waffles

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 11:34 am
MiniMari
Name: Durtaxsteingakila
Are you a Stormborn line newbie? Nope, I have 4 on the lines. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:22 pm
Nuka
Name: Einar
Meaning: One who fights alone
Personalty: He acts dumb as a box of rocks but he is always secretly watching and listening and plotting his revenge. His fathers hatred for his light brothers will pass to him and his mothers devotion to his pale sister will not go unnoticed. If he was a girl he would probably have become a preistess but as he will eventually have a mane he will play the fool until he can rise through the ranks.  

Syrius Lionwing

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm
MiniMari
Name: Tuike
Are you a Stormborn line newbie? Most definitely not.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 pm
MiniMari
Name: Helya
Are you a Stormborn line newbie? Yep!  

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:58 pm
Nuka
Name: Vethir
Meaning: No real meaning, named after a Storm Drake in WoW!
Personalty: Insecure would be the best way to describe him.
Although Vethir tries his absolute best to please both parents, it's impossible. Earning father's favor while trying to also win the attentions of mother? It will be enough for him to keep to himself in the long run, becoming first a silent, but still needy for attention loner, and eventually turning him to a bad-tempered, snappy lion who wants nothing to do with anyone. His heart aches for the attention given to his lighter siblings, and any affection shown to him outside of his family will be enough to earn his loyalty until his death.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:15 pm
updated to here  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:20 pm
MiniMari
Name: Solvi
Are you a Stormborn line newbie? Y  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:28 pm
Mufasa
Name: Skatt
Meaning: 'Treasure'
Prompt Response:

It was confusing, being a cub. You have to do this and that or else there will be punishments, and when one's parents don't seem to be saying the same things, it gets even more confusing for a young lion! His father was always watching him and nothing he did seemed to please him, but doing the exact same things in front of his mother would earn him praise. His name even was a source of confusion... some would laugh at it, and others would say it was a nice, suitable name for a young boy with golden fur.

The only thing he noticed between himself and his littermates is that they had darker fur. Was that the problem? It seemed that Father saw the dark cubs as the strong, capable lions while he and his lighter siblings were shoved off to the side... especially him. Maybe there was some kind of rule he didn't know about? Lions of all colours were captains and reavers, weren't they? So why was his family special? He was a boy, he was supposed to be strong and cool like his dad. And yet, his dad seemed to despise him most of all, while his mother encouraged him even if he failed.

Oh well, it wasn't that he minded spending time with his mother. She was really nice, and he thought that the other lionesses around the pride were nice, too. Maybe it was weird that he preferred their company to his father and other males... but they treated him the best and told him his fur was pretty. It made him feel loved when they helped him braid his hair and clean the dirt out of his fur after a day of training. Perhaps he was meant to stay with the Freeborn lionesses instead of becoming a Reaver.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:38 pm
Quick note, some additional info added to the family section  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:08 pm
Scar
Name: Gynnade
Meaning: Favored
Prompt Response: Gynnade feels scorned, but also sees his lighter siblings as scorned, themselves. He doesn't think they should be treated better or worse based upon their coat colors - Something that he'll eventually outgrow, as he starts to feel he's better for his coat and how much like their father he looks.

Nuka
Name: Haista
Meaning: Stink
Personalty: If there's one thing Haista loves, it's rolling in things. The worse smelling, the better! If there's one thing he hates, it's baths. Rain's a 50/50, since it can make the smell stronger, but it could also wash it away. He's well aware that there's lions who won't come near him because of the smell, of course - But all the better! Anybody who can put up with it is absolutely worth his time, and anybody who refuses isn't.

Mufasa
Name: Ens
Meaning: Alike
Prompt Response: Ens is deeply confused by the different treatment he gets from each parent. At first, he strives to do everything right for his father, to try and win favor from him, but he eventually starts to lose hope in the face of adversity. He eventually comes to the realization that nothing he does will be good enough... Because he looks just like their uncle. Ens' reaction upon this realization will be to try and get close, instead, to his uncle. How this would play out, time can only tell.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:49 pm
Depawsit
MiniMari
Name: Depawsit
Are you a Stormborn line newbie? Yep!

Nuka
Name: Ulfrik
Meaning: N/A
Personalty: It doesn't take long to dislike Ulfrik, but the fact that he's insincere and troublesome is just the tip of the iceberg. There there's the fact he's also arrogant, obsessive and impatient, but fortunately they are mixed with behaviors of being captivating as well.

Fair is fair though, Ulfrik does have some endearing qualities. He's companionably and lovable, it just might take someone with the right eye to see it. Unfortunately his troublesome nature often spoils the fun that may have come from those traits.

since Depawsit cannot post in the guild, I'm posting her PMed entry for reference.  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:05 pm
Mufasa
Name: Aelius
Meaning: Sun (Ancient Roman) (named for his light pelt)
Prompt Response:
  • (Cub) "But... I tried really hard. And I didn't mean to mess up... I'll going to have to try better next time. Where's Mother? She'll make me feel better..."
  • (Adolescence) "I don't understand why he can't just stop for one second and see that I am actually pretty damn good. I might not be the fastest, but I have the muscle to back it up. At least Mother seems to notice..."
  • (Adult) "While it may seem my Father is... more harsh on me than my siblings, I believe it is because he only wishes me to be better. He wants to push me to my maximum potential. While it would be nice to have praise once in a while, I'm not some simpering cub looking to be coddled. I simply have to continue to push myself until I've proven how strong and skilled I truly am. And my Mother seems to provide me more affection for a simple reason. I'm her favorite." *wink*

Scar
Name: Ívarr
Meaning: Bow Warrior (Ancient Scandinavian) (named for his tendency to not engage in close-quartered battle)
Prompt Response:
    (Adult) Ívarr made a 'snerk' noise at the mention of being jealous of any of his siblings. As if he would ever admit such a thing. "Well, of course Ragnvard treats us differently. Any parent will do that with multiple children." He added an eye-roll for dramatic effect. Note Ívarr would never call Ragnvard his name to his face, but outside of his presence? The name had power. "And aside from that, there are naturally things that will influence how he sees each one. For instance, girls typically have less physical strength." He shrugged as if it was common knowledge. "So why should he push them to move a boulder when they probably never will be able to?" Ívarr also knew of the common belief that darker pelts meant more strength. While he didn't know how he felt on that, in regards to having merit, he did know Rangvard did believe in it. Because it benefited him, he had no complaints. "Of course when Ragnvard might have been especially hard, Mother wasn't always helpful in making sure their wounds were licked." Sometimes metaphorical wounds, sometimes not. In either case, there was only a touch of resentment in the the way Ívarr said it. "At any rate⏤Ragnvard is a good father and expects a lot of his children. And rightful so." The severity of Ívarr's expression at that last note brought the conversation to a close.

***Additional information: I would imagine Ívarr also being a more cunning individual, which plays to his use of not being close proximity when battling. This would be developed from his Mother, who is quite a cunning lioness, herself.

Nuka
Name: Dunvalðr
Meaning: Dark (Dun-) Descendent (-valðr) (Ancient Scandinavian) (named for his darkness inherited from his parents)
Personalty:
    As the youngest born son (according to the order of the litter), Dun always feels he must put in the extra effort to out-do his brothers⏤and his sisters, when applicable. Because of his dark pelt, he seemed to be treated well by his Father, but he didn't want his praise to be hollow. Dun wanted to earn his Father's admiration and show him how skilled he truly could be. It always seemed it was harder for Dun to put on the weight his brother's seemed to. He felt skinner no matter how much he scarfed down. The bright side to this was that Dun is also extremely fast⏤able to dodge, outrun, and out maneuver bulkier adversaries. Eventually he was able to develop bands of thick, lean muscle across his body. While he may not be as bulky as his older brothers, he was, by far, not weak.

While all these makes him seem super-serious all the time, Dun is also a jokester, or well... he tries to make jokes. Dun wouldn't be considered the brightest bulb in the box, to be honest. He obviously is strong, like his Father, but would be more easily manipulated by others and not understand more sophisticated topics than raiding and fighting. To make things more simple for him, he is also a strict rule-follower and frequently a mama's boy when Ragnvard isn't around to impress.

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:13 pm
Scar
Name: Ska
Meaning: ‘scar / a cliff’ in Norse
Prompt Response: Ska is incredibly vain and enjoys his appearance and the praise that it brings him. His Father is the most important individual in his life and the youth is devout. Ska is most certainly smug, this would be the best way to describe him. He’ll tend to aim towards mischievous things like joining the Cub Gang and causing problems for the local adults.
  • Ranks ; Freeborn > Reaver > Captain
  • First Meeting ; Ska will be incredibly loud and even considered a bit of a calamity. The cub will insist on doing everything himself, by himself and for himself. He comes across as strong, and opinionated upon first meeting him.
  • Close Up ; Ska will be looking to develop some tight, bonded relationships among comrades. He’ll look for those with a similar strong will and wean out those that aren’t quite up to his standards. (He is not gender specific in who he identifies as strong. This can be both male and female.)
  • Thralls ; Ska will want to create a collection of Thralls. Specifically he is attracted to gaining a number of hyena followers to help him along. (Hopefully you get a lol out of this… if not well it’s happening anyway if I get picked xP.)
  • Dayum Girl ; I’d like for Ska to find a lady, one that knows his family and isn’t the least bit interested in him for his lineage. This could lead to long term plots that may eventually end up with him becoming a one woman lion. Until then he may leave a string of women in his path. Either way I’d like him to find the ‘one’.

[OOC] Player-run Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff