[ORP] Finding a Match Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:36 am
"I suppose, if I were deemed worthy," Agni-hotra answered Soleil, with a thin coating of sarcasm to the latter half of her sentence. "Going by the prevalence of blank stares, I'd wager there'll be plenty to keep someone busy, keeping everyone from spawning with their own cousins."

Ah, but suddenly there was interest, magically stirred up by the Magistrate's scolding.  Agni-hotra snorted, less than impressed that it had taken being dressed down by a lion who didn't even have any old blood; not that that was a bad thing, but it was sad that someone who didn't need to know did, while some others who did need to know didn't.  She was mollified somewhat that the other two who finally spoke did acknowledge that she was right - because of course she was - but that didn't change her opinion of the time it had taken them to respond, and she had no qualms about poking at that detail.

"How encouraging to see that it takes being shamed to stir the fire in some of us," she grumbled disapprovingly.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:49 am
Golden eyes turned to Nuria as she spoke. Urit'alya considered her half-sister's words but gave no response. She was right, and there wasn't much that needed to be said about it. Instead the soldier looked back to Agni-hotra, responding to her half-niece's words of disapproval with a short and dry breath of laughter. "Hah." Alya wasn't in a mood to be bristled by the disapproval (on such an occasion it would be a waste of time and energy, she reasoned to herself), and didn't feel particularly shamed by her nor the regent's words. If the other lioness wanted to get her tail in a twist about something like this, so be it.

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:29 am
Mogami
AstoriaFallen
Annchen

Nkera didn’t feel particularly pleased at being chastised, even if the criticism hadn’t been directed at him alone. But his ears dropped and the hairs on his back rose. He wouldn’t make a scene or reply in such a public setting – it was not his way – but he was thankful for the cub’s words reminding him how they settled differences in the pride.

“Then I will fight you, gladly, when that time comes.”
He told Sekhmet, seriously. Talking to her wasn’t so bad if he pretended she was just a colleague…

-------------------

“I don’t see why I should know this.” Baise said dismissively, not at all bothered words opposing her disinterest in the bloodlines. “My parents are medics and I only know the very basics of healing. I know nothing of being a water seeker. I know how to fight because that’s the essence of our pride. Not who…” she looked down at the cub and then at Eld with a wicked grin. “… got to know each other before half the pride was born. I’ll figure it out when I decide to start a family and let this matchmaker do the work for me.” She yawned to show her utmost disinterest with the position.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:06 pm
Titaia watched with mild disappointment as Alya backed off, though Agni-hotra's words echoed in her mind. She wasn't wrong but Titaia herself was not one to worry about what it took as long as you were effective once you got going.. of course, she had no competitive interest in this. It was a valid point in that case, but the huntress was more interested to see if either Alya or Nuria would fight back.

This was what it should have been from the start. It was slow to get going but now this was far more interesting. Too bad there was the risk that the contest would end before a fight could start.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:21 pm
Soleil, ever the level-headed, chuckled softly as Agni-hotra replied. "Not all are gifted in the mind as they are with strength," she said with a little hum, although she wouldn't put it passed most of the Firekin to challenge that they were, in fact, as bright as they were powerful. Of course the battles would be physical to prove how smart they were, and that alone was enough evidence for her.

Others finally began to speak up and she looked around with interest. Now there were three lionesses who seemed to fit the part well. "Some need the little push," she said gently. "Perhaps they were thinking a bit longer to get the names they were searching for, too."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:35 pm
While the others chatted and waited for an answer, Titaia decided to test herself and reviewed her own lineage. The knew the names that mattered around here: Kidondo, Kimeti, Kiu, Makadari. And each of them had been so productive, she'd never hope to keep it memorized- it was part of why the lionesses who put themselves forward for such a job were so fascinating. Just within her own immediate family, Titaia had 13 siblings and she couldn't remember all of their names if asked. A few of her sisters had cubs, she'd recognize if she spoke to someone who was likely a niece or nephew but she couldn't keep track of all of them either. Some were older than she was.

Well.. that was all around pathetic. It was indeed best she kept her mouth shut and watched.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:06 pm
Mogami

Annchen

She was getting tired, or bored. She really didn't understand most of what was going on. Except for something about family lineage, but she was so young still she didn't even know who her grandparents were let alone their parents or parents before them. The thought of having to dig through all that made her head hurt a little. She glanced towards Nkera and was pleased he'd fight her once she got bigger. "I'll be looking forward to it." She said with a firm nod of her head before turning her attention back to Baise. "Why does everyone want to know who is related to who?" She asked curiously. She could understand if it was to make sure no one fell in love with their cousin or something. It was still so confusing. "What are we trying to do right now?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:13 am
Nuria snorted. "That's enough, niece," she growled, giving Agni-hotra a warning look. It would, however, take more than that to truly get under her skin. It was amusing to her that all three that stepped forward were not only related, but closely so. Even if she wasn't sure how she felt about her younger half-siblings and preferred to pretend the relation didn't exist... In any case, it just went to show how needed this sort of position was. You couldn't take two steps without tripping over family!

(I maybe forgot Aibisho had another litter after Nuria's, but not with his mate.)  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:10 am
"I suppose that's possible," she allowed at Soleil's suggestion that the others had simply needed more time to form the answers. She didn't stop there - nor at Nuria's warning - though, a slip of a smirk forming on her face. "Is that so, Auntie? Did you need a little more time? Perhaps your memory is going."

Agni-hotra hadn't initially intended to become a candidate for the open position, but when others at first failed to answer, it has riled her into speaking up. And now that others had answered, turning it into an actual competition...well, suddenly she was well and truly interested.

Excited Apathy
she is a jerk I'm sorry. please feel free to smack her.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:01 am
The medic shook her head in amusement as the sudden competition started to make the famous temperament of the Firekin flare to life. She was glad she had missed out on that sort of fire in her chest: fighting all the time, even if it was verbal, was something she wasn't terribly fond of. She knew it was how others functioned here, though, so she could appreciate it for what it was.

Now it seemed there was an actual decision to be made, though. She sat quietly, not intending to speak again. The first matchmaker was to be announced, after all!  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:51 pm
Na-atesh watched everybody with interest, the way some seemed to, in his eyes, squabble over what was and wasn't important. He smiled just a bit, almost ruefully, then glanced at his mother. "Well?"

Hehewuti smiled. While she had contemplated one candidate, another had spoken, and then seemed to back down... Followed by another. Just as detailed as the second, but with much more... Fire. "I do believe I've found the ideal candidate!" She looked at the gathered lions, taking a breath. "It took some consideration, and some thought, as well as listening while you all talked..." So much talking, really. She had no blood in the pride besides her son and any children he might one day have, but even she was disappointed in the number of lions who neither knew nor CARED to know who all they were related to, or how closely. "It has been with great consideration that Nuria has been chosen as the new Matchmaker!" She offered the red lioness a smile. "Congratulations!"

OOC: I'll give a bit of time for people to react, and then roll the raffles! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:56 pm
Nuria rose and took half a step forward, tail lashing, but Hehewuti spoke before she could threaten to box her niece's ears. Her eyes widened slightly, tail abruptly stilled.

Well then.

Collecting herself, she gave the Magistrate's mother a nod, breaking out in a smile of her own. If it became rather smug as she glanced at Agni-hotra...well, who could blame her? She was still half-tempted to call the brat out for a duel! "I'll make sure it gets done." Another nod for Na-atesh. "Sir."

She should probably get in touch with the Historians.  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Meepfur
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:11 pm
Agni-hotra's ears flattened immediately, and what had been a taunting expression quickly became a snarl, accompanied by an angrily lashing tail. Temper flared, and she visibly struggled to resist the urge to do or say something truly unpleasant. Not that she stopped herself entirely, but she at least filtered out the profanity she would have liked to use. "I demand to know on what grounds," she growled out finally. "What makes her better than me, when it took being shamed for her to even bother stepping forward?"

"And I demand a duel," she snapped at the older lioness even before she could get an answer, knowing that if she did it wouldn't be a satisfactory one. She would at least have some satisfaction if she got to beat the snot out of someone.

((*buries head in sand*))  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:23 pm
When Hehewuti made the announcement for the Matchmaker, Titaia did not look to Nuria but to Agni-hotra. It was immediately obvious where this was going to go-- especially when a quick glance over to Nuria caught her smiling smugly over at her angry niece. As a pure spectator in the even, Titaia was delighted by the turn of events. They had a Matchmaker and a show.

It was too bad Matchmaker was more of a social rank than a military rank or a duel could be considered a true challenge for the rank.. but maybe it could happen like that anyway. It was one way to settle such disputes.

But would Nuria accept?

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:54 pm
...Really?

"Did I look shamed, girl? Or do you need a Medic to check your eyes?" Nuria snapped, already thoroughly tired of the narrative that she'd been somehow guilted into stepping forward. Obligated, perhaps--the position needed an appropriate amount of applicants for something so necessary to the health of the Firekin. Her reservations didn't count for more than that need, when she could do the job. But she hadn't been herded into this like some sort of recalcitrant cub! So she had had some reservations about altering her lifestyle. About going from military to civilian. She wasn't about to just lay down and be damned by them. She was going to n** this "shame" crap right in the bud.

She drew herself up, eyes flashing. "You're not young enough to have an excuse for a tantrum. But you are old enough to be thrashed for throwing a fit." She glanced at the Magistrate before adding, "I accept."

Meepfur
(Oh my god, these two.)

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas