Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven
God Quest Submissions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:53 pm
((I've actually currently got approval for Protection under my old username -- NekoGamer --, but I'm wondering if I can change my goddess quest's domain to this instead?))

Approve Me!
Domain: Mastery
Existing Overlapping Domains: Ambition, The Arts, Beginnings, Conquest, Courage, Epic Feats, Evolution, Hardships, Leadership, Learning, Perfection, Teaching, Victory, Wisdom.
Definition: Comprehensive knowledge or skill in a subject or accomplishment.
Relevance: Everyone has a skill that they’re best at, or an accomplishment that they can be proud of. It makes sense that there would be a god who specializes in mastery of different subjects.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:52 pm
Approve Me! 
Domain: Mysteries
Existing Overlapping Domains: Confusion, Riddles, Secrets,
Definition: Something that is difficult or impossible to understand or explain.
Relevance: With the vast amount of characters in SoA, there is bound to be mysteries between characters as well as mysteries about the land and prides. Even mysteries about the gods themselves.

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:36 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Chance
Existing Overlapping Domains:
Choices
Conflict
Connections
Coordination
Improbability
Surprises
Definition: a possibility of something happening.
Relevance: With every choice, every second, every fraction of a second, there is always the chance that something else may happen. Whether it be that 1% chance or 99% chance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:25 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Magic
Existing Overlapping Domains: White Magic Blood Magic, Sorcery (aka Black Magic), Illusions, The Ethereal, Healing, The Occult [Magic essentially being the umbrella domain.]
Definition: M...aaagic? XD In the broadest sense, power over and/ability to manipulate forces both natural and supernatural.
Relevance: Gods have magic, and many mortals believe in it!

(Also noting that I'm withdrawing my quests for Fungi, Hyenas, and Ill Omens, as I haven't been pursuing them and won't going forward. I'll take them off the list, I just wanted to make note of it officially.)

Meepfur
Captain

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:15 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Positive Emotions
Existing Overlapping Domains: Happiness, Negative Emotions, Love, Laughter
Definition: Polar of Negitive emotions.
Relevance: Everyone experiences positive emotions, Happiness, love, laughter. Everyone feels something good at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:34 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Nomads
Existing Overlapping Domains: Culture, Epic Feats, The Home, Independence, The Lost, Navigation, Orphans, Outlaws, Refugees, Trade, Vigilanties, and Wanderlust.
Definition: " A member of a people or tribe that has no permanent abode but moves about from place to place, usually seasonally and often following a traditional route or circuit according to the state of the pasturage or food supply. "
Relevance: There are three different kinds of nomads : hunter-gatherers, pastoral nomads, and peripatetic nomads. Worldwide, there are or have been many Nomadic cultures, and there are still a great many within the shifting lands of Africa.

In the confines of Shadows of Africa, there have been a few ' Prides ' that centered on being Semi or Fully Nomadic. Or even momentarily, in the sense of a great upheaval of some kind, and subsequent travel. Some cultural stories from such societies sometimes start this way, either because they were exiled or some other calamity happened and they never settled.

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Isolation
Existing Overlapping Domains: Anonymity, apathy, chimerism, the ethereal, exiles, independence, individuality, loneliness, the lost, negligence, the nothingness, obscurity, rogues, sanctuary, silence, sterility, the unwanted.
Definition: To cause (a person or place) to be or remain alone or apart from others.
Relevance: Isolation is something everyone can experience. Rogues especially know what it’s like. It also isn’t necessarily something unwanted. Some prefer to be isolated from others. It’s simply the act of being without others.

((Note: This is for the ascension of an existing SoA. Just getting the approval out of the way before I start this quest.))

——————

Approve Me!
Domain: Foxes (or more specifically, African Foxes)
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, Canines, Nocturnal Animals, Predators, Prey.
Definition: CUTE FUZZIES. A carnivorous mammal of the dog family with a pointed muzzle and bushy tail, proverbial for its cunning.
Relevance: African foxes exist (and deserve their own god~).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:55 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Stealth
Existing Overlapping Domains: Shadows, Anonymity, Camouflage, Instinct, Night, Obscurity, Patience, Secrets, Silence, Whispers, Survival
Definition: Behaving, done, or made in a cautious and surreptitious manner, so as not to be seen or heard.
Relevance: Plenty of creatures are stealthy, it's an important part of survival.

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Disasters (I can understand if this doesn't get approved as it is a rather broad topic and has quite a few overlaps. figured I'd give it a go)
Existing Overlapping Domains: (it would be the parent domain to a lot of these) Destruction , Floods, Drought, Fire, Famine, Plague, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Sandstorms, Failure (overlapping in a sense if you're talking about "it was a disaster with the family gathering today) sort of sense)
Definition: A disaster is an event, normally tragic, that can cause a loss of life, damage, hardship or failure.
Relevance: Disasters are a part of what makes the world go round. Without a disaster here and there the world would not be able to rebuild itself in a better image. For example, it's common for a fire to destroy a forest for rebuilding purposes. The ground left over is rather fertile and great for regrowth, especially if the forest was already dead. There are also disasters that a creature might partake in, like they tried to get everyone at one place at the same time and things didn't work out and everything ended up ruined. That might be labeled as a disaster in a sense.

Approve Me!
Domain: Discord
Existing Overlapping Domains: War, Negative Emotions, trickery, Chaos
Definition: A cause for disagreement, a lack in harmony, strife which could cause for war.
Relevance: The world isn't perfect so there needs to be a balance between what is considered good and what is considered evil. Discord kind of falls in the middle as it is the reason for a disagreement or a lack of harmony.

Approve Me!
Domain: Anxiety
Existing Overlapping Domains: Fear, Negative Emotions
Definition: Anxiety is a distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune. Can also be brought on by a traumatic experience.
Relevance: Anxiety is a part of dealing with emotions. It could be fear of losing a position you had worked hard to gain, or just pre-prep jitters before a large speech in front of a large crowd. It can be a hindrance or a stepping stool, it just depends on the form in which it comes to it's inhabitant.

(Copied these from the old guild) Link to where I posted them
]https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=5&t=24161509#373975641

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Adventure!
Existing Overlapping Domains: stories?, fortune, courage?, rogues?, heros, navigation, survival? (i'm not sure if all of these overlap, but in my mind they'd be related?)
Definition: adventure could also be considered similar to a quest, though perhaps not with such a defined purpose as a quest. It's about exploring and having fun, discovering new things, places, and creatures. Maybe going on treasure hunts and looking for lost secrets too!
Relevance: Everyone likes a good adventure right? Maybe lions and others have left home to go on an adventure, to discover the world and their place in it. A god of adventure could offer some guidance, protection, or even just a bit of extra fun (or danger if that's your thing)

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Roots
Existing Overlapping Domains: Woods, Flowers, Plants, Poisonous Plants, Roses, Spring?, Herb Lore?
Definition: It is a bit of a double meaning in that it represents both the physical root of trees, flowers, and other fauna but ALSO the idea of remaining stationery (ie: 'planting roots')
Relevance: It is a natural thing found in nature but also prides typically 'plant roots' and take up their home in a single place.

Approve Me!
Domain: Dragons
Existing Overlapping Domains: Fairy Tales, Folklore, Greed, Reptiles, Stories
Definition: It is based on the mythological creature.
Relevance: Dragons are found in every culture around the world and it would be logical that it would exist in some form even to lions. Additionally, one of my largest spawned families are based on Dragons (the mwezi line) and present with scales, dragons wings, etc as markings.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Coincidence
Existing Overlapping Domains: Improbability & Accidents (Accidents is only an approved quest, not an active God.)
Definition: 'a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection'
Relevance: Coincidence is everywhere. Those two or three games in a row, running into that friend or two that you happened to be thinking about. Sometimes it isn't lady luck, it's simply coincidence. These moments of happenstance usually catch others off guard and can have a pleasant or unpleasant effect on the individual effected by it.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: African penguins
Existing Overlapping Domains: Animals, Birds, Fish, Oceans
Definition: A species of penguin, confined to southern African waters
Relevance: Because there are penguins in africa and someone should be looking after them. I figure a god/goddess of African penguins could also plot with Animals, birds, fish (maybe try to eat them >.> ) , Oceans

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Repentance
Existing Overlapping Domains: Penance - this is the biggest overlap, but penance involves punishment specifically, and can potentially completely exclude repentance, since attitude doesn't play into penance. Penance is an enforced penalty.
Next Closest Domains: Sin, Temptation, Virtue, The Past, Memories, The Mind, Wisdom, Negative Emotions, Healing, Honor, Hope, Judgment, Karma, Hypocrisy, Peace, Salvation, Support
Definition: Remorse over past wrong-doings and choosing to change one's actions to avoid repeating them.
Relevance: It is a basic part of morality and emotional health, and a common plot device for character and plot development.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Tattoos
Existing Overlapping Domains:
The Arts - Probably the largest overlap since tattoos are a form of art, just physically so.
Colors(?)
Memories
Tradition
Definition: A form of body modification where a design is made by inserting ink, dyes and pigments, either indelible or temporary, into the dermis layer of the skin to change the pigment.
Relevance: Tattoos are everywhere, be they the tradition that different prides have (Lookin at you Ela'wadiyi <3 ) as a right of growing older and gaining experiences or as a way to add color to otherwise blank pelts.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff