Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
Questionnaire Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:00 am
murruelecreuset
Questions about wild Pokémon :

1) If you wanted to have that you ran into a wild pokemon but didn't intend on catching it. Like you do something anger a pokemon in the bush and it attacks you before leaving the area. Do you have to roll dice see if you run into a wild pokemon and what will appear?

2) You see a pokemon on the list you're interested in. When you go to roll if you get an encounter but you don't get the pokemon your interested in do you have to catch it? Also would you then have to battle it (since they don't give you any points)?

3) And if you roll for an encounter do you only get one roll per day you're allowed to capture Pokémon? Like if you roll and see nothing then you don't get a Pokémon that day?

Hello ^^ thank you for asking these questions. Much like the question I answered for Hope the kind, there will be a more in-depth guide created once we reach the point where students can start catching pokemon. Until then, students will not be catching any pokemon and to avoid any spoilers I will not give too many details.

However, I can answer some of your questions, but they will not be the full detail:

1) Pokemon encounters will be decided by the dice roll. You cannot have your character encounter a pokemon unless you rolled a dice and it landed on a pokemon number. This is to avoid players from meeting rare pokemon.

2) Encountering a pokemon in the wild will be similar to the video game method. You can choose to run away or fight the pokemon if you wish to defeat it or capture it; note that defeating a wild pokemon will not give you EXP. So what's the point of defeating a wild pokemon? None really, you can use it for your own character purposes as a kind of training when battling against real players or even to advance your own story (like maybe your character becomes scared of Mankeys after encountering one in the wild).

3) Video game method. You may continue rolling until you acquire the pokemon that you want BUT (big but) each post must be the proper length to be considered an RP post. You cannot post for the dice roll, write a few words and then post again. You need to legitimately write a proper post even if the number you rolled was not the one you desired. Failure to do so can cause your character to be banned from that area for the day.

I hope this was helpful ^^ again, a more in-depth guide will be created once pokemon catching is introduced to the students.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:57 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Hope the kind
Question~
So, within our profiles there is a space to put the club you are interested in joining but I haven't seen a list of clubs throughout the guild. Is there a list that I'm missing or has one not been created yet?
Also, do you create the clubs? Do we create these clubs? What sort of clubs can we make (if we can make them)? Does joining and participating in the club allow our Pokemon to gain experience points? So many questions about the club ^^

I like that enthusiasm so thank you for asking these questions 3nodding at the moment I cannot fully answer all of them as it will give some spoilers for future things.

Things like clubs and specifics about how to make one and such will be introduced later in the RP, but one of the biggest things I wanted this guild to have was lots of clubs.

My idea is that if someone is interested in a subject like battling then they will create a battle club where people can join. The clubs will be something that the students decide to create on their own, however there will be a process that you must go through if you want your club to be created.

Like I said, a more in-depth guide will be created for clubs further down the line of this RP. So to not spoil anything all I can say is to be patient until we post the guide ^^ thank you

Thank you!
Another question!
Can we only join one club? More? Will the clubs we will be able to participate in have something to do with the classes? Ah! So much I'd like to know but I know I need to be patient ^~^  

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:18 pm
Do we have cell phones or allowed to have cell phones?

Shadow of Miracles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:55 pm
Hope the kind
Do we have cell phones or allowed to have cell phones?

Sorry for not answering your earlier question, but like I mentioned before: the guide will explain everything ^^

As for the cellphones...I'd personally disapprove, but that's because I have the mentality of an old person =.=;; I didn't get my first cellphone till I was like 15 so having 10-11 year olds with cellphones feels unnecessary to me.

Rather than a cellphone, students would do a lot better by receiving a Pokegear instead. Since the functions there are very similar to a cellphone.

So to best answer you questions: no, cellphones are not allowed, but students will receive Pokegears in the future which they can use as cellphones 3nodding (not smartphones tho)  

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:25 am
Thanks Shadow for helping to answer my last question.

Now I have another one for you. What are the colors for each house? For those trying to be descriptive and such. Since I trying to figure out the uniform colors.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:22 am
murruelecreuset

Now I have another one for you. What are the colors for each house? For those trying to be descriptive and such. Since I trying to figure out the uniform colors.

I can tell you the colors:

charizard: red/orange
flygon: green/brown
kingdra: blue/yellow
salamence: turquoise/ silver

similar to hp; the colors are in the ties, ribbons, skirts ^^  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:33 am
Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
murruelecreuset

I can tell you the colors:

charizard: red/orange
flygon: green/brown
kingdra: blue/yellow
salamence: turquoise/ silver

Thanks Yume smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:29 am
Speaking of the house colors and whatnot, will there be any kind of rivalry or competition between houses like in HP?  

Hitsukei
Vice Captain

Storyteller Risk-Taker

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:10 am
Are fossil pokemon restricted as a starter? (Even with a in canon reason for having such? )

And are school provided pokes the only ones that can have an egg move?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:12 am
Hitsukei
Speaking of the house colors and whatnot, will there be any kind of rivalry or competition between houses like in HP?

We can't give away all the stuff we're doing . how else are we suppose to keep you surprised and coming back for me (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:57 am
Xaven the Raven
Are fossil pokemon restricted as a starter? (Even with a in canon reason for having such? )

And are school provided pokes the only ones that can have an egg move?

For not being crew I know the answers to your questions. For students they are allowed fossil Pokemon. As for starters with egg moves, yes only pokemon provided by the school can have them.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:46 pm
So, will move tutors be a thing in this? And what about egg moves, will there be any chance for pokes to learn moves that are normally egg moves?

I ask because Tyrunt normally only learns 2 moves that make use of Strong Jaw, and I just can't see Josh breeding another Tyrunt to use. Sorry if this seems like too much of pushing my own agenda, but...  

Xaven the Raven

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:56 pm
Xaven the Raven
So, will move tutors be a thing in this? And what about egg moves, will there be any chance for pokes to learn moves that are normally egg moves?

I ask because Tyrunt normally only learns 2 moves that make use of Strong Jaw, and I just can't see Josh breeding another Tyrunt to use. Sorry if this seems like too much of pushing my own agenda, but...

No I'm sure that this won't be the first question like this or the last.

A) there is a section in the rules but I'll shorthand it here: pokemon will learn moves in two ways: by leveling up or by the student teaching their Pokemon the move. The way is similar is to how Ash taught Pikachu Iron Tail or Buizel Ice Punch. A form will be filled out before the move is learned.

B) as them learning an egg move: unfortunately, and this is until the captain says otherwise, if it's not on a roster to be learned by leveling up, TMs or Tutor, the pokemon can't learn it. example of this would be Iris' flabebe will not learn her egg moves copycat or captivate however Charmander can't learn Flame Blitz in its unevolved form but will learn it as a Charizard  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:44 pm
How will accuracy affecting moves work?

5% a move or more? Less?  

Xaven the Raven

Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items