Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Inactive School Ground Locations
[Y1: Academic Building] Breeding Class Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:17 pm
User Image
Maria Taylor
Flygon House
Future Pokémon Breeder & Healer

Company : Class... Phoebe
                                          Wearing : Uniform

Maria looked up when Phoebe walked into the room. She asked for reassurance that she wasn’t late. The brunette shook her head. “No, you’re good.” She replied before looking down at Lillipup who pounced down into a playful puppy stance. Tail wagging happy she gave a small playful bark to the Charmander. “I’m Maria by the way. Cute Charmander you have with you.” She said with a smile. Looking over at the Salamance girl, Maria smiled to her. “Afternoon,” She said back to the girl trying to be polite. “I’m guessing you’re new?” She asked looking back at the girl with the Charmander. It was either that or she really was just that oblivious?

The next thing Maria knew the teacher was walking into the classroom. Lillipup of course when from play mode to completely distracted by Mr. Bennet. Today of all days was quiz day. Not something the brunette was fond off. However it had to be done and she wasn’t going to complain. Passing the quizzes back Maria moved her books to the side before waiting to start. Once he explained to the new kids in the class how he used quizzes as attendance, they were given the go.

Getting straight to work Maria found the quiz went smoothly. She absorbed most of the information and only had to guess on a couple of the questions. Handing in her quiz, she figured it wasn’t the worst one she ever would have done. Getting the worksheets Maria did as instructed keeping the first one out and put the other two with her things. With a meet and greet, the Flygon looked around to see who the new students were. She wouldn’t mind making friends with at least one of them. Like the girl she just met. Not that they were friends yet or anything…

PARTY
                                          User Image Lillipup ♀ - Lv. 8

Pokémon Info :
                                          User ImageLillipup
                                          Nature: Docile (No added bonuses)
                                          Ability: Vital Spirit : The Pokémon cannot be Asleep while having this ability.
                                          Held Item: ---
                                          Exp: 0/1000
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Leer
                                              --> The opposing team's Defense stats are reduced. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: 100% >>
                                              ► Tackle
                                              --> User charges and slams into the target with its whole body. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Odor Sleuth
                                              --> Enables Ghost-types to be hit with Normal- and Fighting-type attacks. Also enables evasive target to be hit. << Type: Normal Acc: -- Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Bite
                                              --> The target is bitten with viciously sharp fangs. It may make the target flinch. << Type: Dark Acc: 100% Effect: 30% >>

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageOther Info : Dorm Room, Inventory, etc.

Word Count : 305
                                          OOC : - - -

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
                                          Mr. Harvey Bennet
                                          SoundVVave
                                          Phoebe Amere
                                          TheWhiteDragonfly
                                          Kirsi Rhodes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:08 pm
User ImageKIRSImmrhodes
mm >>tUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kirsi nodded to the girl in the Flygon uniform. "Yeah, my name's Kirsi." She turned her attention back to the boy beside her, but he got interrupted before he could finish. Kirsi twisted her lips in annoyance as she slid into her seat. His pokemon's a pin-what?? She thought not knowing would drive her crazy, but she got so wrapped up in what her teacher was saying that she forgot about it. She waved to the monkey, Broski, loving the idea of a pokemon that had hands and could wave like a person. She felt Chance's body shift and, knowing he was about to break out and go for the monkey or new teacher in excitement, she nudged him in the side to remind him to keep still.

Kirsi stared at the worksheet she was given and felt dread in the pit of her tummy. She had no idea what any of this was. Well, she put the stuff for breeding the same pokemon down because...how the heck could anything else come out of it. When she didn't know the first stage of the evolution she'd guess. When it came to cross-breeding, Kirsi was upset- how was she supposed to know any of this stuff? She tried to come up with names that were a mix of the two parents. Hopefully she'd get some of them right.

When she got the extra worksheets Kirsi did as she was told, glancing over the ones for homework to get a glimpse of what they were learning before placing them in the pocket of her binder. When the professor called her name, Kirsi said, "Here," and simultaneously shot her hand in the air with a question. "Professor Bennet, how are we supposed to catch up to what everyone else has already learned? Is there a book in the library you could suggest for us?" She might have waited until after class to ask him, but Kirsi thought the others would appreciate hearing this too. Besides, she was a little impatient. She hated the idea of doing worse than others in the class because she'd missed some classes.

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Pokemon: Growlithe - Chance
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Level: 5
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Intimidate
    Experience: 0/1000
    Move Set:

► Bite
        ► Roar

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability

M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
    User Image x 5

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:58 pm
On Time
murruelecreuset
[]

SoundVVave

iKatamalicious

Tsuki the Fated Wind

TheWhiteDragonfly

And now you’ll lead the way
Show the light of day

Harvey Jay Bennet
-Breeding Teacher-

"Well you're all gonna be at least more ahead than Daniels" Harvey said jokingly. As behind as coming in a week into the course would make them, at least the other two were here.
When the last student shot her hand up and asked a question Harvey looked up from his tablet and focused on answering her question.
"You'll get your syllabus after class but for now I can tell you that on it is a website where I post all the notes we cover after we cover them. The website's on your syllabus, you can print them out at the library. It might not be as good your own notes, I mean everyone's got a system. I remember when I was in school I knew someone who took to writing in code. I borrowed his notes the night before a test and wanted to kill him the day of it"
He finished the tale with a light laugh before continuing his answer
"But yeah, if you wanna review the notes, As for catching up. I've given out two assignments, you can get them after class and turn them in at the end of the week. We don't use textbooks so you should be alright with the notes. I'll be assigning group projects and a presentation later down the line so you'll have a lot of chances to make up for points. This was the first quiz and like I said I'll just give you whatever grade you get on the next one. I just wanted you to take a chance at it so you guys would have the correct answers"

He went over to the board and wrote down three letters followed by three numbers.
"If any of you guys wanna do any extra reading on what this class will cover, whether to understand the material better or maybe learn more than what you do in class...or you're a dork like me and find it an interesting hobbie..this is the reference number for the books on breeding, any book in the library system under this can be used with this class, you guys can take a look, whichever authors make things click for you..everyone's different. The librarian's a very sweet lady just take this number up to her and she'll show you to the section and the different books"
Realizing he had gone on a bit of a tangent Harvey returned to the topic at hand.

With his student's question (hopefully) sufficiently answered he proceeded to the lecture "Now today we'll be moving on to pokemon's natures." he announced starting the lecture "There are 25 natures overall that can be found in pokemon" up on the projector, the slide went on to show a chart with all different pokemon natures "Natures are important for a variety of reasons, they affect your stats, attack defense speed. Those of you who have Mr. Reyes for battling have probably learned have an important role in pokemon battles. They determine to an extent a pokemon's behavior; be it impish, serious, quiet, brash."
As he talked he walked around the classroom making sure those who were taking notes were doing so at a good pace, and that he wasn't going too fast. Pausing for a bit to take any questions the students may have he waited then proceeded to then proceeded to release Samantha. The psychic pokemon levitated a stack of square devices from the desks, depositing them at every other desk. "What's being passed around is called a pokedex, a device which works a lot like your gear but has more modifications. Think of them as a bigger database than your gear. They're usually used to aid in pokemon research. I've already set it to the setting you need so what I want you to do is scan your pokemon, only one of your pokemon. Their nature stats and moves should pop up. I want you to write those down you'll need them for future projects. We only have a few so you guys are gonna have to share with whoever's next to you"
Harvey watched as the students began scanning their pokemon. It was true he could have had them scan their pokemon with their own gear. But there was always a chance they didn't know how to set it for the information they needed for the lesson. The activity was also a good way to get the students interested in the lesson since most ten year olds weren't fond of lectures it was better to break them into pieces like this. The students also enjoyed getting to know their pokemon since most of them considered them partners and even friends so they'd enjoy the lesson more if it included them. Harvey planned to include the kid's pokemon in the lessons whenever he could.
"Now last chapter you guys learned that when you breed two different species of pokemon the baby takes after mom" he said more for the benefit of his new students "that is to say if Ms. Taylor's lilipup had a litter with Ms. Rhodes' growlithe the litter would all hatch as lilipups...they will also inherit their mother's nature. Ms. Taylor can you tell us what that would be?"
He waited for the girl to answer then addressing the class.
"Now why do you guys think this matters in breeding? Why do you think people care what nature they get in their pokemon?"

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
        Pokemon: Broski (Monferno)
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Level:50
        Nature:Rash
        Ability:Iron Fist(hidden ability)
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Flame Wheel
            ►Close Combat
            ►Thunder Punch
            ►Blaze KIck

Pokemon: Tank (Electivire)
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Level:49
        Nature:Brave
        Ability: Motor Drive
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Thunderbolt
            ►Discharge
            ►Meditate
            ►Discharge

Pokemon: Samantha (Slowking)
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Nature:Mild
        Ability:Regenerator(hidden ability)
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Zen Headbutt
            ►Water Pulse
            ►Heal Pulse
            ►Trump Card

Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:43 pm
User Image

|Location Breeding Class|Wearing Kingdra School Uniform|Mood Average|

ffffffPhoebe let out a sigh of relief when she wasn't late to class. The other girl here, Maria as she said her name was, informed her of that and even complimented Fireball. She smiled and replied, "Thanks, I don't know what pokemon you have, but its really cute!" Fireball seemed to enjoy the other pokemon's presence, especially when the playful stance was returned. Phoebe was quick to grab him and move him to her lap, "You can play later, okay? There's not as much room here as in the other class," she said with a small laugh. Her attention returned to Maria and she smiled to her, "Yes, I'm Phoebe. I just got here this morning, I was late to my first class because of it." Other students came in as well after her. She saw one from their morning class, plus the Pinsir was not hard to forget. Looks like she only shared both classes with Chael and Ichiro, though she got the vibe that the Chael didn't really want to be disturbed.

The teacher soon entered and introduced himself to the new students. He also revealed that they were unfortunate enough to start his class on a quiz day. Phoebe hoped what knowledge she had on breeding would come in handy for this. Looking at the quiz, it was on what the egg would come out to be. Nature she never could remember, but she knew the pokemon would always be the mother's breed! The only exception was Ditto breeding, her mom taught her a little saying to remember that one.
                                        'A ditto had an egg with its lover and asked what it wanted it to be. Its lover replied with their own breed, and ditto replied with its call.'
                                        Though, while most sayings rhymed, her mother's just sounded like a mouth full. Nonetheless, it still helped her with her quiz. She was actually quite proud of it and was halfway hoping if any of them scored a high grade it would count.

After all the quizzes were taken up, two worksheets were passed out. One was on stats of a pokemon while the other was similar to their quiz. That one turned out to be homework. Mr. Bennet called out the names of the new students, only asking for a 'here' from them or a correction of their name. Phoebe's was the first, she raised her hand a little, "Here!" That might of been a bit too much of a reaction now that she thought about it and her cheeks flushed a little. Fireball was happily sitting next to her on the floor. He almost looked as if he could fall asleep. Other new students answered him and Phoebe thought for a second that Kirsi also was raising her hand in reaction to being called. It turned out, however, that she just had a question of her own. She brought up a good point, one that was returned by the teacher. Phoebe made sure to write that code down in case she'd need it.

Phoebe had her notebook at ready for notetaking. She hadn't ever thought of a system for them though, but she guessed that would just come over time. As Mr. Bennet talked and wrote on the board, she copied it into her notebook. It wasn't soon after they finished the note session, pokedexes were passed out by one of his pokemon. It was another Phoebe had never seen before, but if she had to guess, it had to be an evolution of Slowpoke. The class was told that they'd be scanning their pokemon, but only one, to see their stats and natures. She was lucky enough to have one on her desk so she got started on scanning Fireball right away. His nature was Quirky according to this and he had pretty average stats, at least to her anyway. Once she was finished writing, she handed it off to another student with a smile. Mr. Bennet went on to explain more as they did this. He reminded the class of the breeding rule that the egg with get the mother's nature and not the father's. He also asked a question that she knew the answer to as her mother was a breeder. Phoebe's hand shot up and she answered, "They want a certain nature because it can effect a pokemon's stats." Her mother had to deal with this a lot, especially when trainers came to her. Certain natures raised certain stats and lowered others.

Nickname : Fireball
Level : 5
Ability : Blaze
Item : ---
Moves :
Scratch
Growl
---
---

Inventory

↛Pokeballs :
    User Image/1
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

↛ Medicine :
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

↛ Berries :
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

↛ Key Items :
    User Image/Has Pokedex built in/Calling/Texting/Camera and Video
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

↛ Miscellaneous :
    User Image/5
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

murruelecreuset

iKatamalicious

Tsuki the Fated Wind

TheWhiteDragonfly

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:19 pm
Chael Riverton

User Image
Chael jotted down a few notes as the professor spoke. A moment without notes was a moment wasted in class as far as he was concerned. It wasn't that he wrote down everything verbatim. If he wanted to catch up, he'd just snag a few assignments before class and use the website to catch up on notes. "Well that's comforting." He breathed quietly. It would be only a few extra minutes of homework.

He took the Pokedex and scanned Nysa. At least the Kirsi girl would figure out what she was soon enough. "Also, our Pokegears have an app like this. Those are really popular in Johto." Chael said to her. It would be helpful if he had someone he could go to when he and that Faye girl inevitably clashed.

"Pinsir the Stag Beetle Pokemon. It's two horns are incredibly powerful. It won't release its prey until they are torn in two."

"Huh. It says you're Brave." Chael glanced up and down at his Pinsir before nodding. She had stared down Rufus, his father's Arcanine. Brave made sense. Aaaand Vice Grip, Bind, and Focus Energy.

His lips twitched at that answer. "Pardon me, but isn't breeding simply for stats or natures rather barbaric?" Chael asked in the bluntest way possible. "Battling and Coordination is about teamwork, or so I'm told. But how is taking a Pokemon out of its ecosystem just to breed stronger babies instead of working with them actually legal? Unless a trainer wanted to raise who knows how many Pokemon, I imagine the routes would be flooded with released infants."

"Or predators get them without parents to protect them"? He wondered.

"If Pokemon culture is all about making friends with dragons and mouses that can fry people with their minds, how is throwing one away to use its child just because of a statistic conducive to that?"

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

Wearing: Flygon uniform
Thinking: Hahahaha lets not tell everyone who I am.
Mood: Annoyed

Pokemon: Pinsir, Nysa
Friendship Points:
User Image
Nature: Brave
Ability: Mold Breaker
Experience:
Move Set:
      ► Vice Grip
      ► Bind
      ► Focus Energy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:25 am
On Time
murruelecreuset
[]

SoundVVave

iKatamalicious

Tsuki the Fated Wind

TheWhiteDragonfly

Show the light of day

Harvey Jay Bennet
-Breeding Teacher-

Harvey smiled when Phoebe shot up her hand. The girl seemed kind of shy yet had been the first to try to answer his question and seemed to be interested in the subject. "That is part of the reason." he said pointing the marker he still had on his hand at Phoebe. "Nature matters in breeding because as we discussed, breeding is pretty much at the backbone of everything involving pokemon, trainers, battlers, co-ordinators. They all look for certain traits and they go through breeders to find them. Stats aside, a timid or hostile pokemon might not be the best for contest, rangers and policemen may work better with a brave or loyal nature. When you breed a pokemon with a purpose you wanna keep that purpose in mind, otherwise it might even affect the pokemon badly since it'll be harder for it to learn and achieve the things you want them to.You also have to look at the trainer. If you're breeding a starter pokemon you want a gentle or quiet nature since some beginning trainers have a hard time taking charge of their pokemon. Rash and impish might work better with more experienced trainers.
Natures like species are passed down through breeding by the mother. So if your pokemon was bred rather than caught you might be interested in looking at it's parents moves and nature if you can. Broski here was bred by my dad's Infernape and my mom's Blaziken. He actually inherited the move Blaze kick from his father"
at this the monkey jumped down from his perch flaring up and aiming a flare kick at the air. The flame went out before it could really hit anything but air. Harvey shot him a warning look to not do anything that destroyed the classroom "Like his mother, he has a rash nature" at this he inflicted a bit of warning in his voice Broski looked properly chastised and leapt back on the desk "it also means he's well-rash" as he said the last word Broski apparently decided to jump on his trainer's head for the heck of it.
Monferno and all Harvey kept going with the lecture.
He raised an eyebrow when Chael asked his question. The boy had effectively looked at the darker sides of breeding, something Harvey had been afraid to touch on because...well everyone here was ten. Harvey hadn't found out about pokemon mills and what happens to the pokemon that got returned due to problems until he was in middle school.
"That Mr. RIverton is a question for Ms. Floros in the history department" he said`half-jokingly "but let's look at it for a moment. If you want barbaric you can take a look at pokemon mills. Or the conditions pokemon were kept in in breeding fascilities back in the day. We've come pretty far in how we regard and see and treat pokemon. But if you look at battling, you're removing a pokemon from it's habitat against it's will and making it fight at your command. In some cases you're attacking the pokemon before you capture it. Some people don't see them as any better than the cockfights and dogfights we used to have. All you have to do is watch reality tv to see how insane some coordinators can get, no pokemon wears bow in the wild. Nor do they learn moves for the sake of looking pretty, they learn them for survival, they don't care what it looks like"
He had started walking around as he lectured so he was closer to Chael and Kisri when he answered the question. Broski from his perch on Harvey's head looked down at the pokemon.
"Some of the crimes team plasma committed were done in the name of pokemon liberation. They believed we were keeping pokemon subservient by capturing them and wanted them to be released back into the wild. After they stole them from their trainers. Of course it turned out the leader was just a quack-job who wanted to gain power by being the only one in the world with pokemon but I mean, it does bring up some interesting thoughts. Especially for trainers, we domesticated animals in the past, and some of us like to think we've domiscated pokemon too. But there is a difference between taming and domesticating"
He made sure to pause in between answers and lectures so that students could raise their hands and put their imput in or ask follow up questions.
"There are some irresponsible breeders, breeders who overbreed they don't retire their pokemon, even when they have their fair amount of littlers. There are breeders who don't take a pokemon's health or disorders that it might pass down to it's offsrping into account then get upset when one or more of the offspring is born sick. There are breeders who unfortunately release or put to sleep the runts or the ones that get returned. There are also breeders who will make you sign a contract especifying if you have to give the pokemon back for any reason you have to talk to them and they interview the next owner. There are breeders who will not breed their pokemon with another breeder unless they have proof that that breeder is not only certified but that he treats his pokemon well and will ask for family history and medical records and who will either keep the pokemon who aren't sold or taken in or will find them a home, who will never put a pokemon down, who have albums and follow every pokemon they've ever hatched. There are good breeders, there are bad breeders. There are good battleheads, there's bad. Good co-ordinators, bad. It's all gonna come down to your ideals, how you see your pokemon. Are they your family? Your partners? Your friends? How important are your tittles as a trainer compared to them? And it comes down to the kind fo trainer you'll choose to be. And that's something you guys will figure out through your years in Ordell or even after that"
He turned to Chael after he finally wound down and finished talking. He wasn't sure he had answered Chael's question but hopefully he had given him something to think about.
"Lemme ask you something Riverton, your pinsir did you catch her or breed her? And do you think she'd be sitting pretty next to you if she didn't want to be? What would she do if someone tried to force her to do something she didn't want to do?"

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Flame Wheel
            ►Close Combat
            ►Thunder Punch
            ►Blaze KIck

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Thunderbolt
            ►Discharge
            ►Meditate
            ►Discharge

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Zen Headbutt
            ►Water Pulse
            ►Heal Pulse
            ►Trump Card

Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:31 am
Chael Riverton

User Image
(OOC: If the mother was a Blaziken, why is Broski a monferno?)

"I caught her at Goldenrod City's Bug Catching Contest- with my father's supervision." Chael explained after soaking in all of that information. So they made strides to avoid such travesties from actually happening? That was relieving , if not worrying regarding that Riolu who came straight from Giratina. "Though my parents initially bought me a Riolu. Horrible thing really, I imagine it must have been from one of those darker breeding types." Those Plasma folk seemed like interesting hypocrites. The world seemed to obey the people with the best 'mon. Who would speak down to a person who's closest ally and friend was a massive dragon? It was bleak, though no bleaker than a world ran by money. For Chael, it was all the same. To succeed, you needed to play the game. Plasma, despite their hypocrisy, had been smart enough to point that out.

Chael genuinely paused at that last question. He glanced at Nysa, thinking back to the first few months she had been with the family. "It was never much of a problem to be perfectly honest. I lived relatively close to where I caught her and we went on walks near the square where we met." The boy said with a snicker "You can imagine the gawking Bug Catchers who tried buying her. By the time I was enrolled here she had already lived with my family for a few years so there wasn't much of an issue. However," The boy paused for a moment to scan his starter once more. This would no doubt be dramatic, though he had a penchant for that when he felt it required or when he felt spiteful and like showing off. The Pokedex's cheery voiced chanted and repeated the Pinsir entry.

"Pinsir the Stag Beetle Pokemon. It's two horns are incredibly powerful. It wont release its prey until they're torn in two."

"I imagine that."

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

Thinking: Oh fun.

Friendship Points:
User Image
Experience:
Move Set:
      ► Vice Grip
      ► Bind
      ► Focus Energy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:38 am
User Image
Қ i η g d ɼ a xxx Ң o μ s e

where Breeding Classxxxxxxxx who Students, Mr. Bennet and Donxxxxxxxx

Oh the dream of a never ending dream . . .

xxxThe white-haired girl watched as more students began to arrive and take their seats, still smiling contently as she watched the new pokemon arrive as well. She began to notice that there were quite a few fire-type pokemon in the student body. So far, she saw a Fennekin, Cyndaquil, Charmander, and now there was the cutest little Growlithe in the room. Her eyes wandered to Don who had hopped off her shoulder and flapped clumsily to the desk surface, sitting with his feet tucked under him and began preening his small chest plumage. The girl reached out and stroked his back feathers gingerly, looking up when the door opened yet again, but the presumable teacher came in, apologizing for being late. She listened quietly, no one really sitting near her to distract her anyways--which she was ok with, at least for the time being. Chessebelle made a tiny noise of disapproval at the idea of the quiz considering she wasn't sure of anything that had been taught before she was here; being new definitely wasn't going to help in any of these classes, she began to realize. The teacher, Mr. Bennet, explained just to try the best they could before going into the rest of his speech for the newbies. She nodded along compliantly and picked up her pencil as she was given the quiz and scanned it quickly, quirking her mouth awkwardly. "Welp, let's give it a go." Chessebelle muttered under her breath as don tucked his head into his plumage, apparently going to take a nap on her desk.

xxxOnce the timer went off, the tiny girl jumped a bit, and bit the inside of her cheek. She really thought that she was confident in her answers but now that the teacher came around and picked up their tests, she felt the pang of doubt now. Don opened an eye as the teacher picked up Chessebelle's test, watching him carefully until he was out of sight and returned to his napping position. The trainer pet Don once more soothingly as the teacher began to take roll for the new kids, indifferent about not having to share--it wouldn't have been anything she was uncomfortable about. She was... almost an open book, she supposed. As her name was called, she raised her hand and smiled at the teacher, quickly adding before he went to the next name, "Here! You can call me Chess, it's shorter." The girl sat quietly as she waited for the rest of roll to be called, glancing at the girl--Kirsi--as she asked about catching up on the material. 'Huh, good question..' The white-haired girl thought, looking at Mr. Bennet expectantly and taking a note on her notebook, figuring it was better for her to take this note in case she forget to get to the library later in the day, continuing to write down the reference number for the books in the library, just in case. As Mr. Bennet began his lecture, the pre-teen wrote 'Pokemon Natures' up at the top of her page with her clean and spaced handwriting. However, as she got into the bulk of her notes, her writing began to get quick and the letters connected, barely taking her pencil off of the paper. Her mother had taught her cursive, but she never really thought she used it consciously, only when she was writing quickly. Her eyes widened in curiosity at the psychic type that the teacher released, watching as the pokedex levitated to her desk. She wouldn't have to share it would seem, no one being close enough to her to really share.

xxxChessebelle listened carefully before scanning the sleeping Murkrow, wondering if he felt the light analyzing him and looked down at the screen to see what it said. 'Murkrow, the Darkness Pokemon. Feared and loathed by many, it is believed to bring misfortune to all those who see it at night..' The girl grimaced slightly at the thought before writing down 'Adamant' as his nature, trying to recall what time it was when she got Don for her present. The girl put down her pencil for a moment, leaning on her free hand and listening carefully to the two answers to Mr. Bennet's question, unsure of what Chael meant by what he said. Her eyes flitted to the teacher as he began to explain Phoebe's answer as correct before addressing Chael, his rash Monferno being... rash, she supposed. She slightly spaced out, looking at Don and wondering about his parents. Her father had caught him in the nearby route, so she was wondering if being a pure-bred Murkrow or a mix of a Murkrow mother and a Spearow father or something. Would that make him more valuable or something? Her attention returned to the teacher and his grim lecture, watching him carefully as he moved to Chael and questioned about his Pinsir. The girl noticed that the teacher could be quite intimidating, but that Pinsir probably scared her more. She wondered if it was a girl or boy--she knew some pokemon had gender differences in how they looked, like the indentation on a Pikachu's tail. However, the girl pulled herself from her thoughts once more and awaited Chael's answer, picking her pencil back up to make some small notes on the margins of her paper. She perked as she listened to the boy's voice. 'Goldenrod? Huh, I'll be.' Chessebelle thought to herself, wondering if she had seen the boy before. However, she probably would have known about another white-haired kid in the bustling city. The grimace returned to her face as she heard his pokedex read off the entry for his pokemon--now that Pinsir was even scarier.

. . . How far will this world expand?

P A R T Y
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Pokemon: Murkrow
Friendship Points: 50
User Image
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Super Luck
Experience:
Move Set:

☪ Peck
      ☪ Astonish
      ☪ Pursuit

I N V E N T O R Y
      User Image P O K E B A L L S :

↦ x1 Regular Pokeball

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

User Image K E Y - I T E M S :
    ↦ PokeGear (With Calling, Texting, Pokedex, Camera, and Video.)

User Image M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
    ↦ x5 Rare Candies

iKatamalicious

Shameless Lover

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:49 pm
User ImageKIRSImmrhodes
mm >>tUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

...What's a syllabus? If this teacher wasn't so nice and helpful (and pretty like the legolass man in Lord of the Rings) Kirsi would have been very annoyed. She scrunched up her face but wrote down the library reference numbers anyways, deciding she would figure out what she had to read until she caught up. She didn't like having to do extra work, but being behind meant she might end up saying something that made her look foolish, which was way worse. Kirsi decided to smile and nod at Mister- Professor Bennet so he knew she was happy with his answer.

Thankfully, Professor Bennet was moving on to a topic that she could understand without previous classes' knowledge. Kirsi jotted down what she thought was important (she was a staunch believer of writing down only what was absolutely necessary...unless she felt she had to write everything down word for word). Natures - 25 - Affect stats & behavior. She left room below for listing the 25 natures, leaving a good few lines for including notes on these stat and behavior changes for each one.

When the pokedex's came out, Kirsi had her eyes glued to them. When one floated over to Chael's desk, she'd already leaned towards it. Her eyes flicked to Chael and she nodded, taking in the knowledge. I'm going to have to take a good look at my pokegear later. For now, she listened to what Chael's pokemon was. A Pinsir...with one crazy scary description to boot! When Chael asked his question, Kirsi kind of pulled the pokedex so that it would scan Chance. She leaned in to look, ignoring Chael's question to learn about Chance.Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon. Growlithe have a brave and loyal nature. It will remain motionless until it is given an order by its trainer. Growlithe has a superb sense of smell. Once it smells anything, this pokemon won’t forget the scent, no matter what. It uses its advanced olfactory sense to determine the emotions of other living things. Wow, that really sounds like Chance. Although that last part...that's crazy. Kirsi checked his nature and then leaned back, tuning in to the rest of Chael's question (and the Professor's answer).

Listening to Professor Bennet, Kirsi frowned. She lifted a foot over Chance's side, squeezing the pup softly between her ankles. She could feel the fur of his tail on her skin as he started up a soft wagging. Obviously he had no clue what they were talking about. That stuff about him smelling emotions was probably exaggerated. Kirsi looked upset, mainly because she really wanted to start on a rant about how that was all stupid and Chance was her friend and there was nothing wrong with him at all. Chance suddenly whined. "Rao!" Kirsi guiltily realized she'd squeezed him too hard and shifted her feet farther apart. He settled again, the slight quickly forgotten.

Kirsi herself was sifting through all her new information, most of which she now felt she maybe had heard her parents discussing before. Yeah, she had heard her dad talk before about something like catching an illegal breeder...her mom lamenting abandoned pokemon... And then there was this new stuff about Chael, and his Pincer, and where he was from and how they had met. Needless to say, there was so much stuff that Kirsi almost forgot about something Professor Bennet had said earlier. Something that just didn't make sense. Something... something... That was it! Kirsi raised her hand again. "Professor Bennet? You said...You said that if Chance and um, Lillipup had babies, they would all be Lillipups? All of them? But that doesn't make sense, shouldn't they be half growlithe? Shouldn't they have stripes and look all different, like both of them put together? How can they all be just Lillipups?" Her voice had steadily risen; she was obviously a little upset by this. There was no mixing at all? No half-lillipup half-growlithe? (Kirsi had figured out that lillipup was the the only other puppy pokemon in the room).

User Image Pᴏᴋᴇᴍᴏɴ
    Pokemon: Growlithe - Chance
    Friendship Points:
    User Image
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Intimidate
    Experience: 0/1000
    Move Set:

► Bite
        ► Roar

Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀʏ
P O K E B A L L S :
    User Image x 1

M E D I C I N E :

B E R R I E S :

K E Y - I T E M S :
    User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability

M I S C E L L A N E O U S :
    User Image x 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:22 pm
User Image
Maria Taylor
Flygon House
Future Pokémon Breeder & Healer

Company : Class... Mr. Bennet, Phoebe
                                          Status : Unsettled... Why would anyone be that cruel...?
                                          Wearing : Uniform

When Phoebe said that her Pokémon was cute Maria smiled. “Thanks, she’s a Lillipup. They’re native to the Unova region.” She told her picking up her little puppy Pokémon. “Nice to meet you, Phoebe. You must be in coordination then. Since battle and outdoors class combined today.” She said with a smile. “Um… if you want – or if you don’t have any plans – we could hang out after class. Since our Pokémon seem to like each other and everything.” Maria suggested. It was a long shot but at least she was trying to make friends. After two weeks she should be able to do that much. Besides Phoebe was new, wasn’t it easier for those who were new to have a few friends at school? Maria knew that was true for her, having Silvano and all.

Maria listened to Mr. Bennet as he talked to the new students about the syllabus and everything else. It wasn’t anything she didn’t already know. Copying down the reference number for the books on breeding, the brunette liked the idea that she’d be able to do some extra reading on the subject. Wanting to be a breeder she needed to be the best she could be, that involved extra studying even if it wasn’t required.

When the lesson started Maria began taking notes. She understood that natures effected things in battle. Though she didn’t think that made any Pokémon better than the other. So what if it’s nature made it faster or stronger. That didn’t mean anything… Did it…? No, she was sure it didn’t. Being giving the pokédex by Samantha the Slowking, she smiled. Of course they’d have to share but that didn’t matter to her. Pointing the device at Lillipup, she looked it over. ‘Okay... let’s see…’ She thought not overly surprised by the nature. It sure suited her. Writing down the nature, stats, and attacks Lillipup knew she passed the pokédex over to the student beside her.

Looking up when Mr. Bennet used the example of her Lillipup and Kirsi’s Growlithe, she jumped a little. She hated being called on but at the same time didn’t… “Oh… Lillipup has a docile nature.” She answered before asking why someone would care about what nature their Pokémon had. When Chael made his comment, Maria found herself agreeing with him. If someone were to breed only for stats it would be terrible and just plain wrong. Sadly there were people like that out there. Listening to Mr. Bennet’s response it made sense that certain traits were valued over others depending on the person or the job. However, she wasn’t like that. It didn’t matter to her, not one bit.

Turning her attention to Chael, Maria listened to his story of how he got his Pinsir. By the sounds of things he didn’t have a good experience with Riolu, but she didn’t think the Pokémon was to blame. No, not entirely. Not that she was blaming Chael but Pokémon were just that wild animals. They were simply trying to befriend them so they could live with one another. Looking down at Lillipup, Maria really couldn’t see how anyone could be so cruel. Despite not liking the idea she made some notes on the subject for future reference. Like a sort of what not to do or rather be.

PARTY
                                          User Image Lillipup ♀ - Lv. 8

Pokémon Info :
                                          User ImageLillipup
                                          Nature: Docile (No added bonuses)
                                          Ability: Vital Spirit : The Pokémon cannot be Asleep while having this ability.
                                          Held Item: ---
                                          Exp: 0/1000
                                          Move Set:
                                              ► Leer
                                              --> The opposing team's Defense stats are reduced. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: 100% >>
                                              ► Tackle
                                              --> User charges and slams into the target with its whole body. << Type: Normal Acc: 100% Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Odor Sleuth
                                              --> Enables Ghost-types to be hit with Normal- and Fighting-type attacks. Also enables evasive target to be hit. << Type: Normal Acc: -- Effect: -- >>
                                              ► Bite
                                              --> The target is bitten with viciously sharp fangs. It may make the target flinch. << Type: Dark Acc: 100% Effect: 30% >>

Friendship Points:
                                          User Image

User ImageOther Info : Dorm Room, Inventory, etc.

Word Count : 553
                                          OOC : @ Tsuki the Fated Wind : His Mother's Blaziken was Male and his Father's Infernape was Female. Thus Broski is Monferno. Juubi was referring about Harvey's parents and what pokemon they had no which pokemon was his pokemon's respective parent. smile

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
                                          Mr. Harvey Bennet
                                          SoundVVave
                                          Phoebe Amere
                                          TheWhiteDragonfly
                                          Kirsi Rhodes

murruelecreuset

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:37 am
On Time
murruelecreuset
[]

SoundVVave

iKatamalicious

Tsuki the Fated Wind

TheWhiteDragonfly

Show the light of day

Harvey Jay Bennet
-Breeding Teacher-

Harvey had smiled and said 'precisely' when Maria answered the question. He could tell she was a bit on shy side but at the same time she seemed to have a keen interest in the subject so he felt safe enough calling on her without having to worry it would put her in a tough spot.
She wasn't the only one he called on mind you, Harvey had a habit on calling on different students as he went on the lecture. The reason he had decided to call on her was because her Lillipup had been used as an example.
Harvey figured if he engaged the studetns by asking them questions and answering what they said, it'd make the lesson more enjoyable. Sure it meant they went into tangents such as the one about team plasma but hey, at least it kept them interested. They'd eventually get back on track and he could always push the next quiz to a later date. (he wasn't about to quiz his students on things they didn't know)
It was also a good way to get to know the students, like Chael for example. The boy who seemed so at ease discussing things like 'returned to breeder' was now telling the tale of how he caught his pinsir. Harvey sat down on his desk and listened to the boy's answer.
"I've been to Goldenrod...the bug catchers are kinda creepy and persistent if I remember correctly" he answered honestly something that was proven correctly when Chael explained how often Nysa was asked to be bought "well yeah you caught a Pinsir. Lemme guess, you won?"
Then Chael mentioned it was never a problem and explained that he and his pokemon took walks in the park where she was caught. Well that would certainly help a pokemon's temperament. He laughed lightly when the boy used the pokedex to explain what the Pinsir would do if kept against their will.
"Well it's a good thing she likes you" he said before adressing the class "looking at a pokemon's behaviour is probably one of the best ways to understand how it feels about it's current situation, whether that's being with it's trainer or it's breeder. Broski's been my partner for eleven almost twelve years. He could've run away or left any time he wanted to..he's certainly faster than me not to mention one blaze kick could fry me"
Despite the words he said he reached up to pet his monferno. The pokemon really was his oldest friend. It had stuck with him through angry step fathers, living in motels and being cooped up in his apartment during finals (sometimes Harvey was surprised the monster pokemon hadn't ran away)
"We tend to forget this, we sometimes even feel like the superior species but pokemon are not only sentient they can be extremely powerful. If a pokemon is unhappy peforming or battling or doing anything at all, if it doesn't trust you, or feels uncomfortable, it will most likely let you know."
Harvey thought that was the best argument against Plasma. Yeah people's relationship with pokemon was complicated. They had been used for wars, for labor and even for research. But they were also able (and had been known) to ditch their trainer when treated badly enough. If a pokemon didn't want to battle or peform you could tell, if you forced it not only were you maybe not the best trainer but that was usually where 'trouble' pokemon came from. He wouldn't say that however, as a teacher he couldn't exactly reveal his opinions or biases on subject.
He wondered if that was the reason the RIolu Chael had gotten had acted out? Obviously the boy's experience hadn't been the best.
"Well Pokemon like people are a mixture of nature and nurture. It could have been born with a difficult nature that made it more likely to snap..or it could also be the breeders didn't know how to handle it and did something that affected it negatively. Or it could have been separated from it's parent early, that also affects it especially if they're social pokemon Riolu are actually known as the emanating pokemon, they're empathic and extremely sensitive to their surroundings and the emotions around them. It' isn't always the best idea for a first pokemon but like everything in life it depends on the person. And since Chael brought it up I will say, looking at the way a pokemon behaves is again one of the best ways to figure out how it's breeder might be treating it. And it's something that every trainer should really pay attention to, whether you're battling or performing or anything else..the way your pokemon acts will tell you how they feel about it."
He then listened to Kirsi ask her question, not moving from the desk (since he could see near everyone from there) Huh so the growlithe's name was Chance?
"Genetics" was his answer before he elaborated "Think about how we work when it comes to this. How some of us have our mother's hair or our father's eyes. I have green eyes because of my mom. Both my brothers have brown eyes like my dad. The reason for this is some traits are just stronger than others. Usually when it comes to hair and eyes the darker colors are dominant, so they're stronger, lighter colors are recessive, so they're weaker. The stronger ones the dominant ones are the ones that will most likely be shown"
He hoped he had simplied the reason enough. There were of course exceptions and it got way more complicated but there was really no need to turn this into a genetics lesson.
"No one's been able to figure out why really, although it might be a way to keep their species goin', but when it comes to pokemon, they're different than us in how they mix. The females traits are the dominant ones. When it comes to species there's not even a maybe. The offspring will always take after after it's mother. The only time a male can pass down his species is when breeding with a ditto. So if Chance for example had an egg with a ditto... the egg would hatch into a growlithe. So even though Chance looks like every other growlithe, his father could have been a ponyta a mankey a persian a taurus..as long as his mother was a growlithe or Arcanine, then Chance would come out looking exactly as he is now. It's also why Broski here doesn't have chicken feet even though his father was a Blaziken. Make sense?" he asked at the end.

"Females are also dominant in nature, so using the example of Chance and Lilipup, the offspring would come out docile"
He jumped down from the desk so he could get back to the lecture. Connecting the computer to the projector for a powerpoint had been a good idea, but he now wondered if he couldn't buy a clicker for it somewhere..he liked to walk around as he talked.

"The only exception to this is if one of the parent pokemon has an everstone." he said showing the class a picture of the aforementioned stone
"Now an everstone is one of what we call evolutionary stones. Certain stones can make certain pokemon evolve. The best known example would be evee, which can evolve into six different forms depending on it's surroundings. The three we wanna look at, are a flareon, vaporeon and jolteon who evolve when exposed to a fire stone, a water stone and a thunder stone respectively" at this the slide changed to evee and his different evolutions showing how they were achieved. He then changed slides again this time showing different pokemon, one of them holding an everstone and what the nature of the offspring would be.
"An everstone can be used to keep a pokemon from evolving. However what makes it especial is that it can be used in breeding to cheat the rules so to speak. If given to a male pokemon before breeding you can get around the rule of the offspring having the mother's nature and will have the father's nature instead but it will still be the mother's species. So again, let's use someone else's pokemon, let's use my pokemon..If Samantha here for example had an egg with Mr. Reyes Garchomp"
The pokemon in question had no eyebrows but the look it gave it's trainer a look that somehow managed to convey raising them. Harvey almost laughed when he heard the familiar voice in his head.
~I most certainly will not have any hatchlings Harvey Jay. I've enough trouble with you and those other two you call your pokemon.~
"Although she's not exactly crazy about that" he said clearing his throat to keep himself from laughing. "Anyways if the Garchomp had an everstone then the slowpoke that would hatch-you guys remember it's always the lowest evolution of the species- the slowpoke that would hatch would have the Garchomps nature. Or again, using Chance and Lilipup, the offspring would be lilipups but they would have Chance's nature" he ended pointing at the growlithe and couldn't help but smile at it. He always did have a soft spot for dog pokemon.
He paused giving the students a chance to write everything down "Unless you have the stone however, the egg will always always always carry the mother's nature. Now who can tell me what they're pokemon's nature is and whether or not it'll be passed down if they were to breed and have an egg?"

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Flame Wheel
            ►Close Combat
            ►Thunder Punch
            ►Blaze KIck

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Thunderbolt
            ►Discharge
            ►Meditate
            ►Discharge

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Zen Headbutt
            ►Water Pulse
            ►Heal Pulse
            ►Trump Card

Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:43 pm
User Image

|Location Breeding Class|Wearing Kingdra School Uniform|Mood Thinking|

ffffffWas she wrong in her answer? While the teacher seemed okay with her answer, another student was quick to say their opinion on the matter. Phoebe never though that it was wrong to breed pokemon that matched what the person asking for the egg needed. Her mother bred Fireball from her own Charizard because of the nature she had, saying it would be a match for Phoebe and one Phoebe could properly care for. It was as Mr. Bennet said, her mother thought a pokmeon with impish nature would be too hard for her child to handle starting out. She might of been misunderstanding it, but she didn't think that the breeding her mother did was wrong.. Phoebe kept silent as the teacher talked more, revealing a darker side to breeding. It sounded horrible an cruel to do that to pokemon, over breeding it and keeping it in small areas instead of a field or farm area where they can roam and enjoy themselves. Mr. Bennet brought up a point that did make her feel better, that if you look at anything through a certain set of eyes it all looks barbaric and cruel. It depends on the actions of the person whether or not the act is a bad one or not.

He went on to talk about the differences between good breeders and bad. Phoebe smiled a little, recognizing something her mother did when taking on a client. She made sure to interview them and even request pictures or a visit of the living area the pokemon will be in if its domestic. She even noted that they had a few old Miltank that were retired from breeding a few years ago, and were now just used for milk really. Chael struck a nerve in her when she listened to him speak. While her face didn't show it much, didn't help she was hunkered down into her notebook, the fact that he went on about the negatives of breeding to just throw away his first pokemon was a bit... Hypocritical to her. He came off as braggy to her when he felt the need that the pokedex entry to Pinsir was needed.

Phoebe felt a little rude herself when she forgot to even reply to Maria next to her! Since the teacher was talking right now, she thought it best to write her reply down and pass it to Fireball, who in turn passed it to her Lillipup, who passed it to their owner.
                                        'I'm sorry for not answering,
                                        Yes, I'm in Coordination class, it was really fun and I met someone really nice there. He's going to show me around sometime. Which is your morning class? As for plans, I think I'll be busy, but tomorrow after this class we can! I might know my way around by then so I won't be following you around like a lost Lillipup! Sorry if that joke was bad, I tried. Back to plans, you can bring your friends and I'll bring mine, perhaps all of our pokemon can play while we talk to play with them!'

Phoebe hoped Maria wasn't mad at her for this. She waited for a reply to the note as Krisi asked another question, her tone upset. Phoebe remembered asking her mother the same thing, but was interested in what her teacher would give for an answer.

As Mr. Bennet spoke, she made sure to write it down in her notes. Even if it was just an answer to a question, it seemed like an important factor when it came to breeding. Phoebe even recalled her mother using everstones before, but never understood the purpose until now. She moved to a new page in her notebook and decided to dedicate that to the Eeveelutions, seeing as they were a bit more special than most evolutions. She wrote down the three told by her teacher and was tempted to write two more, but couldn't remember the names for them. All she knew was one required high friendship at night and the other during the day. Pretty hard to breed from the sound of it, but she'd be happy with any of them. She remembered Amirah, Faye's little eevee, and wondered what she'd become. It might of been a rude thought, but she had the feeling that anything with high friendship was out of the question with how she treated her.

Nickname : Fireball
Level : 5
Ability : Blaze
Item : ---
Moves :
Scratch
Growl
---
---

Inventory

↛Pokeballs :
    User Image/1
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

↛ Medicine :
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

↛ Berries :
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

↛ Key Items :
    User Image/Has Pokedex built in/Calling/Texting/Camera and Video
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

↛ Miscellaneous :
    User Image/5
    ↦ ---
    ↦ ---

Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

murruelecreuset

SoundVVave

Anxious Marshmallow

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:42 am
Chael Riverton

User Image
"Hmm." Chael said, acknowledging his professor's explanation. He should have considered that while Pokemon were trapped by Pokeballs, they could still retaliate whenever they were sent out. They were sapient, and unlike humans, could cause earthquakes, floods, and control the weather on mere whims. While Nysa couldn't do any of that, one Vice Grip could probably break the Sport Ball that she rested in. Though those Plasma folk seemed like wonderful hypocrites, he couldn't help but think if there was a strain of truth in their claims. The boy continued his notes without much change in composure, he was more moved by his lack of considering how Pokemon could lash out if mistreated. He was particularly interested on the mention of Eevees, the Faye girl's (really, he needed a better thing to address her by) Pokemon. If he intended on not trying to patch that situation up, which he didn't, then it was likely that they would battle. Whether for status or out of the spite already growing for her remarks against Nysa, they would battle. Chael was not a boy to easily look over a transgression against his Pokemon.

Turning a page back to some of her earlier notes, Chael spoke up again. Activity mattered in the classroom. "Nysa has a Brave Nature and since she is female, that should transfer to her possible children." he said. It hadn't really occurred to him that he was doing exactly what he so annoyed in other people. Perhaps he'd realize that after class, but he still hadn't even thought about what he intended to do in his free time. Maybe he would look for the forest and catch a second partner? He dreaded needing to focus his attention twice as hard with another, but most trainers carried as many as six. How bad could a measly two be?

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

Thinking: Where would I find a stone on campus...?
Mood: Curious

Friendship Points:
User Image
Experience:
Move Set:
    ► Vice Grip
    ► Bind
    ► Focus Energy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:30 pm
On Time
murruelecreuset
[]

SoundVVave

iKatamalicious

Tsuki the Fated Wind

TheWhiteDragonfly

Show the light of day

Harvey Jay Bennet
-Breeding Teacher-

"Yes, that's correct" Harvey said when Chael gave his answer. He then waited to see if anyone else would answer.

When the bell rang. The teacher signaled for Samantha to take back (and count) all of the pokedexes. He was glad the head master (or headmistress? Working for this school was like doing secret service. Harvey had yet to see his superiors) had approved of the use of pokedexes. Of course had anything happened to the devices, he would have been in a heap of trouble.
"Okay so since we didn't get to the classwork" he said holding up a copy of the pages the students had out "you're gonna write down your pokemon's nature and moves on the line. Extra credit if you can name two more pokemon it can breed with" he knew that Mr. Reyes had covered egg groups and how pokemon could only breed among them while he was gone, and that the students that had been there knew the egg group their own pokemon "you don't have to draw your pokemon if you don't feel inclined to do so, this is from a workbook and that's just the way it's set up. If you want to however, go ahead. Ambre, Riverton, Rhodes last freebie. Since you guys weren't here for the first lesson on egg groups. Phoebe your chamander is in the field and dragon egg groups. Chael, Pinsir is in the bug egg group, Chance" at this he glanced at the pokemon "is in the field pokemon egg group. If you guys print out your notes it should explain what egg groups are. If you guys wanna just ask me questions I'm staying here for a bit after class feel free to stick around and ask."
As he spoke he wrote this down on the board so they'd be able to copy it down while he explained the actual homework.
"Homework, pretty self explanatory. You're gonna look at the problem and answer what would hatch and the nature of the offspring. Yes it's repetitive, yes you have to look at it again, be grateful it's only a year and not four like I had to do"

Most of his studying to obtain a masters in breeding had been working on problems like these..of course there were more hands on lessons as he progressed but to get there he had to do problems upon problems until he knew with certainty what would hatch from what without having to even look it up or think too much about it.
Of course to breed you really just needed a degree in breeding or even pokemon Ecology and then a business degree so you could legally set up your 'business'. Harvey had just gone for a Masters because he really liked the subject...and according to his past classmates he was a masochist.
"Second page it says you have to scan two pokemon and set up the problem yourself. You can go scan pokemon in the forest or even scan one of your friend's or dorm mates then give two examples in which the pokemon would pass down it's species and it's nature. You can just pick a nature from the list since I don't know if your gear scans natures or even moves for that matter. I just wanna see that you guys understand the principles we've covered. Also you guys have until next class to do this so please don't go to the forest past curfew. Or if you do, just don't get caught. I really don't wanna meet the Dean of Administration at midnight because he or she found one of you in the forest and it's all my fault"

Once he said this he returned back to his desk. Samantha had already levitated a folder (the slowking really was his lifesaver. Aaand I've kept you guys enough. New kids, come get your syllabus. The rest of ya, you know the drill, if you have any questions feel free to stick around and ask. Otherwise you guys are officially dismissed."
With class officially ended Harvey stayed behind the desk looking through the copies of the syllabus and waiting for the class to clear out.

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
        Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Flame Wheel
            ►Close Combat
            ►Thunder Punch
            ►Blaze KIck

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Thunderbolt
            ►Discharge
            ►Meditate
            ►Discharge

Friendship Points:
        User Image
        Experience:
        Move Set:

►Zen Headbutt
            ►Water Pulse
            ►Heal Pulse
            ►Trump Card

Nice work you did
You’re gonna go far, kid

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Tsuki the Fated Wind

Predestined Winner

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:21 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

This probably isn’t the best time to tell you that I don’t care. ◓ ◓ ◓

C H A E L – R I V E R T O N User Image

Outside Pokeball/s: Nysa
    Wearing: Flygon Uniform

Oh that last minute assignment would be a breeze. He had already checked her on the Pokedex, so he wrote down the information, plus the moves that she had. There were only three, but for now if they got into a fight all they'd need would be Vice Grip. Now for the extra credit. Chael was a city boy, but he frequented the park where the Bug Catching Contest of his region was held as he had said earlier. The boy found it rather obvious that Nysa belonged to the Bug Egg Group and jotted down two bugs he saw often enough to remember plenty about: Caterpie and Weedle. Done and done.

Chael collected his papers in his 'Period 2' folder and put it in his backpack before walking up to see about getting his hands on one of the syllabi. "How would one get to the forest from here? I'd like to scan a few wild Pokemon before curfew comes." he asked Professor Bennet. The boy seemed to be on question mode, which was good at least as far as the classroom went. Once he got his answer, he'd see what the competition might have gotten their hands on. Chael didn't intend on catching anything, he wanted to wait and spend his one Pokeball for the semester wisely before tossing it at the first Pidgey that came his way. Besides, Nysa would kill him if he put a bird on the team.

Nysa hummed as if she was ready to leave. The Pinsir didn't want to stay cooped up in a classroom for much longer. It was better to be out in the open! Where you could look up into the sky and know that it would be one day yours. Figuratively. Pinsirs were a part of a handful of bugs that couldn't fly sadly.

Items:
• 1 Pokeball
• 5 Rare Candies
• 1 Pokegear

Thinking: Where would I find a stone on campus...?
Mood: Curious
Friendship Points:
User Image
Experience:
Move Set:

► Vice Grip
► Bind
► Focus Energy
► -