Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rainy Days are here again - Another L5R 4e Campaign? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:38 am
Think it's a unanimous vote of 'yes' for the dragon poet  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:10 pm
Though Haruka was made as daimyo of this new clan in charge of safeguarding this island, the Emperor saw naught but wisdom in naming the new family the Himura family; the first daimyo would be Himura Haruka.

The island named the Blessing of the Sun (translation to come later, unless someone can do that for me?) is kept not in the hands of the Dragon nor the Mantis, but this new minor clan.

However, such a gift does not come without a price. What is so important about the Blessing of the Sun that warrants a Minor Clan settling it instead of a Great Clan? Some responsibility must go hand-in-hand with this investment. What is the main purpose of your Minor Clan?

An independent question from the one above: What name will the Clan have (i.e., what animal is it named after) ?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:52 pm
Rain Yupa
Though Haruka was made as daimyo of this new clan in charge of safeguarding this island, the Emperor saw naught but wisdom in naming the new family the Himura family; the first daimyo would be Himura Haruka.

The island named the Blessing of the Sun (translation to come later, unless someone can do that for me?) is kept not in the hands of the Dragon nor the Mantis, but this new minor clan.

However, such a gift does not come without a price. What is so important about the Blessing of the Sun that warrants a Minor Clan settling it instead of a Great Clan? Some responsibility must go hand-in-hand with this investment. What is the main purpose of your Minor Clan?

An independent question from the one above: What name will the Clan have (i.e., what animal is it named after) ?

Blessing of the Sun = Megumi Tenpi 太陽の恵み

The island held a large amount of Jade. Our clan protected the miners and oversaw distribution of the Jade to the empress.
As a clan of people focus on protecting our island home. I propose Tortoise, because of their shells. Or Octopus, because once their children are born they are so set on protecting them that they don't hunt for months. They push the very tides to make sure that their young have enough oxygen to survive and even eating their own limbs just to make sure that they are always their to guard their young.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:05 pm
Well, given as there's a tortoise clan and I have reservations against taking the name of the Octopus, no matter how honorable....

I nominate the Dolphin as our animal.

As for our task, we are to insure that no pirates take refuge in the little coves that dot our island and to give aid to all honorable travelers in trouble around our island.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:01 pm
Perhaps instead of jade (which, let's be honest, no great clan would allow some minor clan to be in charge of jade mines, unless it had some sway over it), it has some gemstone that's kinda sunny related that's mined there, to go with the island name. And it's not as money making as Jade.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:22 pm
What about amber?

I was also thinking like their charge being to safe guard and harvest a certain type of fish (in my mind something like sea urchins) that only the Imperial families may eat.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:59 pm
Oversee the mining of amber and export of puffer fish to the Imperial City, and defend the operations thereof. Sounds simple enough.

Dolphin and Octopus sound like good suggestions, but we're a derivative of the Dragon clan so I'm kinda thinking Seahorse.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:50 am
For the record, I don't mean ALL sea urchin, I just mean a specific type that lives near our little island.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:44 am
Paidi tou Selini
Oversee the mining of amber and export of puffer fish to the Imperial City, and defend the operations thereof. Sounds simple enough.

Dolphin and Octopus sound like good suggestions, but we're a derivative of the Dragon clan so I'm kinda thinking Seahorse.

Eel clan.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:13 pm
Hrrm...

I'm probably going to get stoned for this....but why not a Cat Clan?

Have our founder be half cat spirit. It worked for the Fox Clan and the Bat Clan...and maybe the Tanuki Clan.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:37 pm
Rule 1 of Tanuki Clan:

You do not talk about Tanuki Clan.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:54 pm
Raga, any clan name suggestions, and/or votes for any others?

For reasons, I'm personally fond of the idea of you guys snagging that prime piece of real estate for the sake of harvesting puffer fish for the imperials. The minor clan of glorified fishermen, in the way that the Sparrow are glorified farmers.

(Sparrow heart )

But it's ultimately your decisions, not mine. I'm keeping out of it as much as I can, save for directing it towards timeline-appropriateness.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:38 pm
I'm okay with this. As for name... I'm trying to think of some sort of like, sea dragony name.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:10 pm
Raganui Minamoto
I'm okay with this. As for name... I'm trying to think of some sort of like, sea dragony name.

Well, there's the Orochi, but those are usually associated with the Mantis. They even have a school dedicated to riding them, but I'm not sure if you'd want to use that name because of such.

Maybe if your founder was Mantis, but she was not.

This site might give you some launching points?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:37 pm
so, like, perhaps the Mizuchi  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash