Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Shadows of the Last War Chapter One Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:40 pm
"I plan on telling you the details, but I wanted an agreement on your end first. I will admit that so-called 'adventuring' doesn't suit my tastes much, so I wasn't intending on flying with you. Just pointing you int he right direction, giving you some details, and raking in a small profit from the information once it was done.

"It sounds like you fine folks are amenable to the prospect. Do the terms work for you? I'd be glad to provide you with what you need to get started."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:04 pm
"I would say we're all in an agreement that these terms are fine with us. Just tell us where to go and we'll all be richer for it." Aden says, offering his hand to Cattagan for a handshake.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:37 am
Cattagin clapped his hands together. "Wonderful! Well, then... let me see..." He pulled a map out of the depths of his robe and laid it on the table. Unfurled, it was clearly a map of Droaam. He pointed to an area along a mountain chain.

"As you may know, Droaam is the nation ruled by all the monsters that simply don't make for polite company in other lands. But it also has a legacy all to itself. This spot, here, was once home to a dangerous warlord centuries ago. My sources indicate that his vast wealth is buried in the caverns here, in unsettled country, and are sitting right smack-dab in the middle of a vein of deep crystal to boot. The deep crystal alone is worth a high sum, but his treasure was said to contain a great many priceless magical items, such as the legendary weapon Olah-Kakanket, crafted by hobgoblin masters during the height of their empire."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:48 pm
Sable grins slightly. "Sounds like fun." She looks at her teammates. "I don't know much about the area. You guys got anything?"

{&*^%^& Mythweavers ate all of my feats! Grrr.....}  

jennibert

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:11 pm
Aggre chuckled, "So, you're saying that I should be living in Droaam?" At this, he put his hands on the sides of his head and cracked his neck violently. "I'm sure they wont cause us any more trouble than I'll cause them." Then, he raised an eyebrow, "I do suspect, though, that there is something particular from this hoard of loot that you want... not just a percentage. And I'd be very interested to know what it is."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:16 am
Aden looks over the map as Cattagin spreads it out.

"I don't have much firsthand experience with Droaam geography firsthand but I'm sure with a little research we'll find all we need to know." he says to Sable.

Faolan looks over to Aggre with a toothy grin. "Yeeeesss, if any of those beasts are foolish enough to to stand in our way we'll send them packing!" The Eidolon is clearly excited at the prospect of a decent fight.

"Hey, tone it down a bit, save some of that energy for the job." Aden says to Faolan before turning back to Cattagin. "I was just thinking the same thing as Aggre actually. You seem to know a lot about this hoard. Is there something in particular you're wanting from it? If that's the case we need all the info you have so we can ensure it finds its way into your hands."  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:05 am
"In all honesty, I don't want anything specific. Just want a small percentage, which should set me up for years, if not the rest of my life. That's all I'm asking for. I don't need magical trinkets beyond the basics I can just buy here. You're welcome to anything you find, but I want a ten percent cut of the overall value of the treasure you bring in."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:57 pm
Aggre nodded, "Alright then. I suppose you've got me sold." He offers his hand to the man, and smiles. "Now, if you'll let me finish my drink... once I've finished that. I think I'm headed back to the ship." He nods at the others, "I'll see you all there."  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:56 pm
"I'd have to agree, everything seems well in order. How can we contact you once the job is complete so we can give you your ten percent?"  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:26 am
"I don't yet have a stable place of residence in Sharn, having only recently relocated and still being low on funds. However, I'll leave contact information with the barkeep here so that you can get in touch once you've returned. Good luck, everyone!"  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:48 pm
"Alright then, it's settled. Once we return we'll ask the bartender for your whereabouts. Faolan, buddy, let's get going. We need to make sure everything on the ship is in order. Sable, Aggre, would you be so kind as to fill the others in? Then once everyone's done with their drinks we'll meet back at the ship. Mr. Cattigan, it's been a pleasure. C'mon, Faolan."

"Ssssee you guys later." Faolan says with a hiss and follows Aden, slithering out through the door and towards the docks.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:17 pm
Sable nods agreement with Aden and wanders back to the bar, only to discover that Veliosia has already come up behind them. She shakes her head in annoyance that she hadn't noticed, and then looks to make sure no one else is in the bar before heading back to the ship herself.  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:37 am
As you start climbing aboard the airship, the sight of a group walking down the docks catches your eye. From the looks of it, they're clearly wearing the emblem of House Lyrandar, and are equipped with obvious weapons. Two warforged accompany the half-elves, each quite large. One may very well be a juggernaut. They appear to be observing the docks, particularly inspecting the airships, as if looking for something...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:19 pm
"...oh s**t." Aden swears under his breath upon noticing the group of Lyrandar representatives approaching the docks. "This is not good. This is NOT good. Someone must have recognized the ship as Skybold and reported it." The half-elf narrows his eyes, shading them with a raised hand, trying to get a better look at the group and figure out their exact number. "I do NOT like the look of those warforged. If they're juggernauts then we're in big trouble."

Casting his Unfetter spell, Aden can feel the link between him and Faolan sever, like a chain drawn taught then pulled till it snaps. "Faolan, I'm staying with the ship. You fly below the docks so they don't see you. Go to the tavern and tell the others to get out here NOW."

"Yessssir, I'll be back in a flash." The scaly Eidolon slithers over the side of the ship, falling below the docks before spreading his glossy wings, doing a wingover and flying back towards the Siren's Song.

Not wanting to draw attention to himself, Aden begins calmly untying the ship's lines from the dock's posts, preparing for departure.

----------------------------------------

Back at the tavern, Faolan flies through the window, landing roughly on the table beneath it where Aden was previously sitting. The Eidolon rears his wolfish head high and shouts out, "All crew are to return to the ship IMMEDIATELY. Captain's orders! We've got a BIG problem, and we need to cast off, NOW!"  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:31 pm
Aggre finished his drink swiftly and nodded. With a swift motion, the leather strap of the shield turned and he gripped the handle firmly. The large man pushed his way out of the tavern, and bolted in the direction where he knew the ship was. It's been a while since we had a sudden leave like this... must be something big. Aggre knew that this could be dangerous, but he was still excited for some action.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff