Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PATHFINDER] Forgotten Realms: ADVENTURES!! (Always open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Please join. Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease join.
  Okay.
View Results

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:13 pm
What are a Druids main stats to build up usually?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:37 pm
Daraen - Half Elf Magus this is a class i've actually thought about myself outside of dnd. like, why is there no melee fighters that cast spells like a wizard too?  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:43 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Daraen - Half Elf Magus this is a class i've actually thought about myself outside of dnd. like, why is there no melee fighters that cast spells like a wizard too?

You mean like Swordmages and Bladesingers do?

Actually I've been curious about Pathfinder too, and I think I might give it a try as well. I gotta say though, what the heck did you do to FR?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:50 pm
Arc Vembris

Actually I've been curious about Pathfinder too, and I think I might give it a try as well. I gotta say though, what the heck did you do to FR?

*note: that comment was before I had any idea about 4e lol.

and I have no idea. I just took what I felt was good for a magus from the Pathfinder SRD a friend of mine gave me the link to. Of course, i made sure ot keep within rules and regulations.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Arc Vembris

and I have no idea. I just took what I felt was good for a magus from the Pathfinder SRD a friend of mine gave me the link to. Of course, i made sure ot keep within rules and regulations.

In my defense, Bladesingers have been a tradition of elven fighter/nages for many editions now.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:52 pm
Arc Vembris
InsaneKatKing475
Arc Vembris

In my defense, Bladesingers have been a tradition of elven fighter/nages for many editions now.

Fair enough. still, i didn't know. only played off of 3.5 PHB and Psions.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:48 am
InsaneKatKing475
Arc Vembris
InsaneKatKing475
Arc Vembris

Fair enough. still, i didn't know. only played off of 3.5 PHB and Psions.

and knowing is half the battle  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:02 am
No spellplague. Based more off of 3.0/3.5 edition FR but with easier politics and less racist tendencies. More advanced tech. Gods less of a big deal to people than last time. Magic still prevalent.  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:42 am
Also worth noting is the political system. The western portion of Faerun is mainly democratic, either by representative government and an elected official (such as the United States), or by a monarchy system with a likewise representative system (in the style of the United Kingdom). Anchorome is a confederacy of mobile, steam-powered city-mechs ("mechdoms") run by a president who pays homage to the king of Second Netheril. It is effectively an outpost of second netheril under it's own system of government (like Canada).

Maztica, meanwhile, is still being explored. Outposts from Amn and Evermeet dot across the untamed jungle, but that particular area still belongs mostly to the natives. They are fighting a losing battle against the expansionists but political progress is being made (slowly) in the Second Netherese Convention to incorporate the Mazticans into civilized society.

Kara-Tur is currently in a period of shift, as the peasants and shogunate try to reach an agreement on proper government, mainly inspired by the "prosperity" the common class displays in the west.

Zakhara is relatively unchanged, though tribes have been spotted all over the uncharted territories, eking out their meager subsistence in poverty and warring with each other for limited resources.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:51 am
As far as classes go, there's room for everyone from 3.5 or 3.0. I actually found a fairly balanced version of the Incarnum classes here, if anybody wants to use them. Other classes, such as the Swashbuckler, Warlock, and Knight can be found in the Tome of Secrets. I also found psionic classes in Psionics Unleashed, made by Paizo themselves.  

Slave Xaccheus

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:54 am
Eternality_Cannon
As far as classes go, there's room for everyone from 3.5 or 3.0. I actually found a fairly balanced version of the Incarnum classes here, if anybody wants to use them. Other classes, such as the Swashbuckler, Warlock, and Knight can be found in the Tome of Secrets. I also found psionic classes in Psionics Unleashed, made by Paizo themselves.

So wait, are we playing pathfinder or 3.5?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:21 am
Mongooseh
Eternality_Cannon

So wait, are we playing pathfinder or 3.5?

Pathfinder mechanics and classes, but 3.5 and 3.0 are being thrown in and updated. As in, you could play a base class or prestige class not mentioned in any of the PF books or supplements but you'd still have to calculate your CMB and CMD and what have you.  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:56 am
And furthermore, to everyone:

Think outside the box, if you please.  
Arc Vembris rolled 5 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 2, 6, 6 Total: 20 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:16 pm
sorcerer hit dice  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:41 pm
Arc Vembris
sorcerer hit dice

You also get max HD for the first die. You can have three 6's, if you'd like.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff