Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(Pathfinder) Considering starting up a... unique campaign. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:42 pm
Laertes Ursus
"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire twenty shots or only nineteen?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a +5 Flaming Burst greatbow, the most powerful bow in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
XD. Precisely. I'm not saying there won't be any elements of Western American culture in Vendalia, but I am being careful not to let it get out of hand.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:46 pm
Butbutbut... That'd be FUNNY! =P

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:48 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
Quick note: I'm shifting the setting to something that loosely resembles the Western half of the US and parts of Polynesia. This is not a "Wild West" inspired campaign, it's a campaign in a setting that resembles the territory that particular era happened to take place in (I want to make that clear before anybody gets any... ideas. There will be no sword swinging Clint Eastwoods.). I'm doing this because a lot of the animals (wolves, bears, and such) are familiar to D&D/Pathfinder games, as is much of the land (plenty of forests), but it's still exotic, and still has some exotic animals (cougars, coyotes, and such) and land (such as the Mojave). I like the idea of mixing familiar and exotic elements together. The area also has a very nice mix of climates and terrain. The major ethnic groups are:

"Celtic" (30%)
"Chinese" (25%)
"Greek" (8%)
"Italian" (8%)
"Native American/Pacific Islander" (10%)
"Japanese" (4%)
"Latino" (10%)
Other (Various immigrants from all over the world, as Vendalia is something of an immigrant country) (5%)

Vendalia was originally "Native American/Pacific Islander", before the islands were conquered by the "Japanese" and the mainland by the "Chinese". Later on the "Celts" came and captured the territory from these conquerors. The "Greeks" and "Italians" were invited by the "Celts", who needed more settlers for the land ("Greece" and "Italy" were in economic chaos at the time they were invited to help settle Vendalia, so there were plenty of willing settlers). Some of the Latinos come from southern Vendalia, parts of which were once "Spanish" (Fantasy version of the Mexican-American or Spanish-American war, anybody?) before becoming Vendalian, and but most are immigrants from the a*****e dictatorship directly to the south of Vendalia.

All the weapons, armour, and equipment in the Core Rulebook is available, but so is Asian stuff from supplements or homebrew (subject to GM approval, of course). This is because a quarter of all Vendalians are of "Chinese" ancestry, and a smaller but still significant number of "Japanese" ancestry, which makes "Chinese" style arms, armour, and equipment easy to find, and "Japanese" stuff likewise available if you are in the right place. "Native American/Pacific Islander" stuff may be allowed if you can find rules for it.

I will have names for all these ethnic groups in parentheses when I post the RP thread tomorrow.
Edited because dumbass forgot to add "Latino" to the list of major ethnicities, despite wanting a sizable "Mexican" population very much.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:49 pm
Laertes Ursus
It is the first half dozen times. After that it's just stupid.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:51 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
Laertes Ursus
It is the first half dozen times. After that it's just stupid.

Yeah. I'd still gat a laugh at the first Dirty Harry speech.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:59 pm
So before I get too into building this character, do you have any objections to a Swordsage//Rogue?
As for race, I'm thinking Whisper Gnome from Races of Stone as my first choice. Maybe.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Kelsey MacAilbert

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:42 pm
Seph Baelzara
So before I get too into building this character, do you have any objections to a Swordsage//Rogue?
As for race, I'm thinking Whisper Gnome from Races of Stone as my first choice. Maybe.
What is a Swordsage? I haven't heard of that class.

What will you do to the Whisper Gnome to make it equal in power to the other Pathfinder races?  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:55 pm
Swordsage - Tome of Battle, Book of Nine Swords
As for Whisper Gnome? Pretty much nothing except suggest removing one of the negatives. Specifically Charisma. Under the logic of regular gnomes have a +2 to Cha, so the average of it would be +0.

Then again, I may go Half-Elf. It's a coin toss at the moment. Which brings me a question:
Quote:
Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored class at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.

How would this work with gestalt? Would said character gain +2 HP/Skill points if the favored classes were both sides of the progression?

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:21 pm
Seph Baelzara

So dislike the Book of Anime Combat >.<

Seph Baelzara
As for Whisper Gnome? Pretty much nothing except suggest removing one of the negatives. Specifically Charisma. Under the logic of regular gnomes have a +2 to Cha, so the average of it would be +0.

This makes logical sense to me, and sounds about right for balancing it.

Seph Baelzara
Quote:
Multitalented: Half-elves choose two favored class at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.

How would this work with gestalt? Would said character gain +2 HP/Skill points if the favored classes were both sides of the progression?

No. Gestalt pretty much acts as if the two classes you're levelling are actually a single class (Only get the best of each feature, and you're not getting double HP or Skill points, etc.).  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:35 pm
Little Miss Chloroform
Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara
Quote:

No. Gestalt pretty much acts as if the two classes you're levelling are actually a single class (Only get the best of each feature, and you're not getting double HP or Skill points, etc.).

This, except I'm getting six of people slamming Tome of Battle. Seriously.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:50 pm
Little Miss Chloroform
Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara
Quote:

As much as I enjoy reading your responses, I'd rather get official word from the DM.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:12 pm
Seph Baelzara
Little Miss Chloroform
Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara
Quote:

As much as I enjoy reading your responses, I'd rather get official word from the DM.
She's right.

I dunno. How will you modify it for Pathfinder, seeing as how Pathfinder has more powerful core classes?

The whisper gnome is fine.  

Kelsey MacAilbert

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:16 pm
I think I have a level 5 orc fighter that I would only have to scale back. It was used in another pathfinder campaign here. So the editing would not a big deal.

As far as the character goes? Hur' Oc is actually charming. You'ell like him, he is not arch typical orc.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:22 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
She's right.

I dunno. How will you modify it for Pathfinder, seeing as how Pathfinder has more powerful core classes?

Right on what part?

As for the Swordage? Nothing really. I'm perfectly fine with how it is, as is. I don't plan to be an "in your face" combatant. If anything, I'll be trying to use the field, and various maneuvers within the system (tumbling, bluff, feints, etc.) to my benefit. Plus non-swordsage side isn't exactly a strong class to begin with...
Support character, go!

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:24 pm
I-I-I-O_O-I-I-I
Seph Baelzara
Little Miss Chloroform
Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara

Seph Baelzara
Quote:

She's right.

I'd say (personal bias aside), in terms of power level, the Book of Nine Swords is probably fine without change for use in Pathfinder.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff